PDA

View Full Version : What's with Hungercity again?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

tgunn2760
2008-03-17, 05:24 PM
Something about its security certificate?

Are there dragons, viruses etc there now?

U2Lynne
2008-03-17, 06:23 PM
Their forums are still open. You can go ask there: http://www.hungercity.com/forums/index.php

mooncusser
2008-03-17, 08:03 PM
"they" must be disrupting Hunger City.

tgunn2760
2008-03-17, 08:13 PM
"they" must be disrupting Hunger City.

What bastards "they" are!

Are you "their" errand boy?

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

mooncusser
2008-03-17, 08:24 PM
You keep forgetting.
"I" am one of "them".

tgunn2760
2008-03-17, 09:27 PM
You keep forgetting.
"I" am one of "them".

Your posts are usually forgettable.

tgunn2760
2008-03-19, 06:40 PM
Looks like they had hacker issues.

paddington
2008-03-28, 02:44 PM
yes, they don't have any hackers on staff

tgunn2760
2008-05-14, 01:12 PM
Looks like HC is having issues again.

scratchie
2008-05-14, 01:39 PM
Yeah, the forums have been down since yesterday, and the main site has been down all day today. I'm going into withdrawal.

The tracker is still up, though, which makes me glad I downloaded that The Move video torrent when I saw it.

vladsmythe
2008-05-14, 02:36 PM
The tracker is still working, I have 30 people still downloading my Willie Nelson documentary.
But under these circimstances that remind us of how vulnerable these sites can be, let me take this opportunity to commend the admins, mods and indeed the entire staff on the fine job they are doing to enhance security measures here at TTD in the post 9/11 era. With the outstanding 24/7 diligence and extra precautions, it's no coincidence that The Traders Den has not been attacked by cyber-terrorists. Here's to the whole crew!:clap:

tgunn2760
2008-05-14, 03:16 PM
The tracker is still working, I have 30 people still downloading my Willie Nelson documentary.
But under these circimstances that remind us of how vulnerable these sites can be, let me take this opportunity to commend the admins, mods and indeed the entire staff on the fine job they are doing to enhance security measures here at TTD in the post 9/11 era. With the outstanding 24/7 diligence and extra precautions, it's no coincidence that The Traders Den has not been attacked by cyber-terrorists. Here's to the whole crew!:clap:

Are you saying HC has been hacked again?

dementrium
2008-05-14, 04:23 PM

Are you saying HC has been hacked again?

A suicide bomber exploded himself near the servers this time. Thanks god, tape backups still exists and "karma points" will be restored soon. :clap:

vladsmythe
2008-05-14, 04:32 PM
If the site was hacked, I'll give you three guesses who did it - and the first two don't count. We need more background checks. :rolleyes:

U2Lynne
2008-05-14, 04:44 PM
If the site was hacked, I'll give you three guesses who did it - and the first two don't count. We need more background checks. :rolleyes:
You?

Do they know who hacked them the first time? I hate hackers. They are big meanies!

vladsmythe
2008-05-14, 05:09 PM
You?

Do they know who hacked them the first time? I hate hackers. They are big meanies!
No, not me. I'm a member in very good standing there. It would be silly for me to hack one of the only places I haven't been banned from. OOPS...I almost leaked who I think it is.:wtf:

U2Lynne
2008-05-14, 06:00 PM
You?

No, not me. I'm a member in very good standing there. It would be silly for me to hack one of the only places I haven't been banned from. OOPS...I almost leaked who I think it is.:wtf:
If you think somebody hacked HC because it is where you hang out, then I'd say you are being a bit paranoid, vlad. And also, hacking a server is not easy for the average person. It takes some skills and knowledge. I would guess that 99% of people found on these music sites really wouldn't have a clue where to start a hack attempt, or not care to have a clue (except to go hit google, perhaps). :)

dementrium
2008-05-14, 06:10 PM
You?

This time, seriously.
When the first 'problem' happened over there I was just registered and spotted a Beatles video I was interested in.
Long story short. That day someone was banned and the next day 'happened' the problem. Coincidence? :hmm:

tgunn2760
2008-05-14, 06:20 PM
Does anyone know that it has been hacked, or are you all speculating?

vladsmythe
2008-05-14, 06:22 PM
If you think somebody hacked HC because it is where you hang out, then I'd say you are being a bit paranoid, vlad. And also, hacking a server is not easy for the average person. It takes some skills and knowledge. I would guess that 99% of people found on these music sites really wouldn't have a clue where to start a hack attempt, or not care to have a clue (except to go hit google, perhaps). :)No I don't think it was hacked Lynne. I think they had some problems with the forums a day ago, and they have to do some routine maintenance. I love conspiracy theories though...never trust a member with shifty, beady eyes...I can also tell you that I am not at all skillful with computer stuff. Hell, I can't even figure out how to sneak back in Tapecity!:lol4:

I am encouraged...there are 21 people still leeching my Willie Nelson "Texas Style" DVD. That's a good sign.

vladsmythe
2008-05-14, 06:30 PM

This time, seriously.
When the first 'problem' happened over there I was just registered and spotted a Beatles video I was interested in.
Long story short. That day someone was banned and the next day 'happened' the problem. Coincidence? :hmm:

Question - Did he/she have beady eyes?:hmm:

U2Lynne
2008-05-14, 06:30 PM
If you think somebody hacked HC because it is where you hang out, then I'd say you are being a bit paranoid, vlad. And also, hacking a server is not easy for the average person. It takes some skills and knowledge. I would guess that 99% of people found on these music sites really wouldn't have a clue where to start a hack attempt, or not care to have a clue (except to go hit google, perhaps). :)No I don't think it was hacked Lynne. I think they had some problems with the forums a day ago, and they have to do some routine maintenance. I love conspiracy theories though...never trust a member with shifty, beady eyes...I can also tell you that I am not at all skillful with computer stuff. Hell, I can't even figure out how to sneak back in Tapecity!:lol4:
Haha! You had me going. I thought you were serious about it being hacked again and I must say, I was really feeling for those guys. It's frustrating as hell to play with servers!

As for TC.... proxies. :D Oh, and of course, never forget to clear your cookies. But, why go to a place where you aren't wanted? There are so many other tracker sites to go to - have you tried Zomb yet? Or Lossless Legs? or Purelivegigs? or jamtothis? or..... I could go on and on.

vladsmythe
2008-05-14, 06:35 PM
No I don't think it was hacked Lynne. I think they had some problems with the forums a day ago, and they have to do some routine maintenance. I love conspiracy theories though...never trust a member with shifty, beady eyes...I can also tell you that I am not at all skillful with computer stuff. Hell, I can't even figure out how to sneak back in Tapecity!:lol4:
Haha! You had me going. I thought you were serious about it being hacked again and I must say, I was really feeling for those guys. It's frustrating as hell to play with servers!

As for TC.... proxies. :D Oh, and of course, never forget to clear your cookies. But, why go to a place where you aren't wanted? There are so many other tracker sites to go to - have you tried Zomb yet? Or Lossless Legs? or Purelivegigs? or jamtothis? or..... I could go on and on.

I know this is hard to believe, but DAMN IT...I LOVE THOSE KNUCKLEHEADS!
I especially miss trading holiday recipes in the shoutbox...:thumbsup

vladsmythe
2008-05-14, 09:38 PM

This time, seriously.

Off topic: dementrium, have you ever been told that you bear an uncanny resemblence to Race Bannon, assistant to Dr. Benton Quest, Johnny Quest's father?

tgunn2760
2008-05-14, 09:54 PM

This time, seriously.

Could be. I don't think it's easy to hack a site and cause that kind of damage.

mooncusser
2008-05-14, 10:00 PM
you mean it wasn't some big government/corporate/ruling elite conspiracy? :hmm:

vladsmythe
2008-05-14, 10:13 PM

Mooncusser, you must be confusing it with Hillary Clinton staying in the race this long.:lol4:

tgunn2760
2008-05-15, 01:17 AM

I iggied your ass ages ago, what are you doing replying to my posts?

Corum
2008-05-15, 06:55 AM
Damn, I really wanted that Willie Nelson Texas Style show. :/

vladsmythe
2008-05-15, 07:59 AM
You need to lighten up. I don't have it in for you the way you do for me.

U2Lynne
2008-05-15, 09:19 AM
I like vlad..... as long as he isn't going 'vlad' on the site. :D

vladsmythe
2008-05-15, 09:23 AM
I like vlad..... as long as he isn't going 'vlad' on the site. :D
I won't go "vlad". :lol4:

tgunn2760
2008-05-15, 09:50 AM
It's down again today.

Just when I redeem my karma points.

vladsmythe
2008-05-15, 11:10 AM
I'm not going to address this any further until you clean up your language and proceed in a civil manner suited to The Traders Den community.:lol4:

tgunn2760
2008-05-15, 11:13 AM
:down:

:lol4:

direwolf-pgh
2008-05-15, 11:30 AM
thats the community spirit :thumbsup peace, love, and free trade baby :lol:

Powderfinger
2008-05-15, 11:36 AM
I love him!!!

ZJLI
2008-05-15, 12:04 PM
You need to lighten up. I don't have it in for you the way you do for me.

U2Lynne
2008-05-15, 12:10 PM
You always know exactly what he thinks! :cool:

As for me, I don't mind the threads about other sites. Who keeps a list of email addy's for mods on other sites? And also, the mods don't always know what is up. If TTD's servers go down, I don't go email the mods and tell them what is up. I'm too busy dealing with the frigging server when that happens! But, if this site were down for a while, I would probably check out a couple of other lossless sites and if I saw a thread about TTD being down, I'd reply with some sort of update.

KoolKat
2008-05-15, 12:12 PM
We're mass PMing everyone bar Vlad letting them know the new addy...lol.

(it's a joke Vlad)...don't you go re-arranging the words or anything to make it fit want you think eh :lol4:.

Everyone else..:lol..don't fret .it's just a slight mis-config.We'll be back...kickin' harder :thumbsup

K_K

tgunn2760
2008-05-15, 12:55 PM
:thumbsup

northjerseydan
2008-05-15, 02:52 PM
Whew! Was wondering what was going on... thanks for the update KK and for the Willie Vlad!

vladsmythe
2008-05-15, 03:00 PM
Whew! Was wondering what was going on... thanks for the update KK and for the Willie Vlad!

Yeah, Thanks K_K! As for that wonderful Willie Nelson special, I was gonna put it up here, but now with all the dissing of my standalone transfers, well, I'm a little "hinky".
Hopefully by the time I return from vacation at The Great Barrier Reef, the issue will be resolved. G'Day Mate!

anglomuse
2008-05-15, 04:28 PM

Ditto......

scratchie
2008-05-15, 04:29 PM
Well, now, when I go to HungerCity.org, I get a blank page, instead of "This website is taking too long to load..." Seems like an improvement. I look forward to posting some more goodies before I take off for the weekend.

Dan33185
2008-05-15, 04:49 PM
I'm getting the message: "Nemsoka' jovunk" when I try to load HC.

tgunn2760
2008-05-15, 05:17 PM
I'm getting the message: "Nemsoka' jovunk" when I try to load HC.

Hey, I don't get that. Where is the complaint box?

vladsmythe
2008-05-15, 05:20 PM
I almost thought I accidentally went to the West Virginia primary page. When I go there the screen is ALL WHITE!

rflynn
2008-05-15, 05:50 PM
I almost thought I accidentally went to the West Virginia primary page. When I go there the screen is ALL WHITE!

Good joke! The site software is Hungarian & "Nemoska" apparently means "soon." Not sure about "jovunk" :hmm: Only have babelfish knowledge of Hungarian

The last I heard they were working on it, it wasn't a hack, and the site has been backed up completely. Meanwhile, have fun here at The Trader's Den!

vladsmythe
2008-05-15, 05:52 PM
Good to see you rflynn! Thanks.:)

heyricky
2008-05-15, 08:44 PM
Damn and I thought I was banned for the last 2 days! Glad I'm not.

;) jima

rflynn
2008-05-15, 08:50 PM
Nah,you're turning out to be a tolerable tyrant.

vladsmythe
2008-05-15, 09:28 PM
rflynn, I know I haven't been the best citizen, but I sure miss my friends. Get out the gauze...I'm comin' in.

vladsmythe
2008-05-15, 09:30 PM
Gripweed... I'm chilling some ales as we speak. Miss my friends...

direwolf-pgh
2008-05-15, 09:31 PM
hello mr. vlad :cheers:

vladsmythe
2008-05-15, 09:32 PM
Hi wolf.

direwolf-pgh
2008-05-15, 09:35 PM
Hi wolf.always good to see you buddy :)

im sure they will figure out the error shorty. was another 'upgrade' planned or was this downtime unexpected at HC ?

vladsmythe
2008-05-15, 09:39 PM
Hi wolf.always good to see you buddy :)

im sure they will figure out the error shorty. was another 'upgrade' planned or was this downtime unexpected at HC ?

Some people said it was nice to see the plague too...
I have a fat GD show du Jour lined up. Sorry, I'd love to chat but...you know how it is "buddy".

direwolf-pgh
2008-05-15, 09:42 PM
:lol4: :lol4: :lol4: what did i do ?!

till then pal :)

scratchie
2008-05-15, 09:58 PM
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/images/avatars/avatar9197_5.gif

I think I like your other avatar better, Jima!

heyricky
2008-05-15, 11:35 PM
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/images/avatars/avatar9197_5.gif

The other one would be easier to make love to......this one moves too fast.

:duh: jima

vladsmythe
2008-05-15, 11:38 PM

The other one would be easier to make love to......this one moves too fast.

:duh: jima

Hey Ricky you lost that number.:lol4:

direwolf-pgh
2008-05-16, 01:20 AM
you crack jokes like that.. and I'm the bad guy.

go figure :mellow:

2008-05-16, 06:03 AM
seems to be back up...but cant access the forums and the torrents are like from 3 weeks ago...seems to me like theres still a bit of a problem over there

scratchie
2008-05-16, 07:01 AM
seems to be back up...but cant access the forums and the torrents are like from 3 weeks ago...seems to me like theres still a bit of a problem over thereYeah, I just checked it out. I had to sign up again and my ratio is gone. The forums are still down and all the torrents are 3 weeks old. Hopefully they're still restoring stuff from backup.

Ah, I missed this, from the front page:

2008-05-16 - We are still experiencing some technical problems, which we are in the process of dealing with. In the meantime, the Tracker will not function properly, and the Forum and the Gallery are still down. Please accept our apologies and stay tuned for updates. Thanks for your patience. Northwind

vladsmythe
2008-05-16, 07:18 AM
Yep, looks like they have a handle on things. Thus we are reaching the end of this fantastic thread? Feels like the end of summer camp.:lol4:

vladsmythe
2008-05-16, 09:34 AM
Update (7:33 PST) - The karma points feature is now fully functional!:clap:

Gripweed
2008-05-16, 11:40 AM
I just visitED the Site, It's back ...

Yo Vlad, 2 weeks & Counting ... Keep 'em COLD !!

-GripweED

scratchie
2008-05-16, 11:53 AM
I just visitED the Site, It's back ...

Yo Vlad, 2 weeks & Counting ... Keep 'em COLD !!

-GripweED
It's back, but it's not really back yet (although I see that a couple of new torrents have been uploaded):

* 2008-05-16 - We are still experiencing some technical problems, which we are in the process of dealing with. In the meantime, the Tracker will not function properly, and the Forum and the Gallery are still down. Please accept our apologies and stay tuned for updates. Please note that at present all stats (ratios, etc) are not up to date, but they will be as soon as we have sorted out the problems. All data is backed up and safe. Thanks for your patience. Northwind

tgunn2760
2008-05-16, 12:06 PM
Karma points are OK, upload and download stats are not, but they are working on them.

Keith Moon
2008-05-16, 12:34 PM
I can't log in over there - they have no record of me.:(

vladsmythe
2008-05-16, 01:21 PM
I can't log in over there - they have no record of me.:(Don't worry Keith Moon, we'll get you in. Hang loose.
"People helping people, together...it's a big enough umbrella."

direwolf-pgh
2008-05-16, 01:23 PM
Don't worry Keith Moon, we'll get you in. Hang loose.
"People helping people, together...it's a big enough umbrella."i think im going to puke

vladsmythe
2008-05-16, 01:28 PM
i think im going to puke

Welcome to the club. That's how I felt yesterday when he directed all his hostility and nasty language at me. :lol4: You know, manners is what seperates us from the apes.:thumbsup

dementrium
2008-05-16, 01:34 PM
Agreed. Apes are well-mannered.

(off topic?? :hmm: :D )

mooncusser
2008-05-16, 02:01 PM
apes also don't spend much time moping around one tree bitching about how the other tree fell over and waiting for it to go back up.

direwolf-pgh
2008-05-16, 02:01 PM
www.hungercity.comIn order to view your homepage, please name your main page "index.htm" (using lower case letters).

:popcorn:

tgunn2760
2008-05-16, 02:07 PM
www.hungercity.comIn order to view your homepage, please name your main page "index.htm" (using lower case letters).

:popcorn:

It's dot org.

vladsmythe
2008-05-16, 02:07 PM
apes also don't spend much time moping around one tree bitching about how the other tree fell over and waiting for it to go back up.There you go again. Brilliant! How do you come up with this stuff? If you could bottle it and sell it...wait...tell you what mooncusser....You keep thinking this stuff up, I do the P.R. and marketing and together we can - dare I say it, "RULE THE WORLD"!:lol4:

heyricky
2008-05-16, 07:54 PM
I can't log in over there - they have no record of me.:(
Keith you died in 1978...go rest in peace.
jima:lmao:

tiglath
2010-12-19, 05:48 AM
For the last 36 hours, Hungercity is not recognised by my browser. Have they problems again?

jbgoode
2010-12-19, 09:12 AM
Same problem here :(

NHdeadhead
2010-12-19, 10:51 PM
I'll third that. The few torrents I was seeding there are red, dead, showing no seeds & no peers. And when I try to open the site I get:

The connection has timed out
The server at www.hungercity.org is taking too long to respond.

I hope they get back okay!

loulouthefox
2010-12-20, 06:08 AM
...looks like theyare down again since two days now...
:(
Hope they will recover...
;)
All the best from a frog eater in Dead-Waters, the big walled city, bottom left corner of the French Delta (yep, we've got ours ..!).

Loulou
http://perso.orange.fr/loulouthefox
http://community.webshots.com/user/loulouthefox
http://picasaweb.google.com/loulouthefox
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=loulouthefox

PJayBe
2010-12-20, 06:12 AM
It's currently offline. You may find more details in their forum:

http://thehcforum.com/

Philip

tiglath
2010-12-20, 10:44 AM
I cannot log in even to the forum.
the loss of any hub which provides music is a loss to us all.

junebug
2010-12-20, 11:54 AM
The forum is active and announced the site is not dead, Phew! I was getting a little worried there too.

bluzman
2010-12-21, 12:15 AM
HC did major upgrades a few weeks back, then the other day the tracker went down. New server and hosting company (more suitable location) are happening.

bingomusic
2010-12-21, 12:25 PM
Thanx bluzman for the explanation.... It is a bummer when you can't get into a torrent site.... It's like losing one of your arms !!!! Ha ha ha ha...

Regards to all.... bingomusic.

bstrohl
2010-12-21, 02:07 PM
I'll third that. The few torrents I was seeding there are red, dead, showing no seeds & no peers. And when I try to open the site I get:

The connection has timed out
The server at www.hungercity.org is taking too long to respond.

I hope they get back okay!

You should torrent something here, I bet you have quite the stash ;)

bluzman
2010-12-23, 02:36 AM
Changing hosting places. Major upgrades were performed on the software a few weeks back and they have a new box that should be up and running shortly.

The forums are still going and I got my update there.

http://thehcforum.com/

marc138
2010-12-25, 07:33 PM
It works!

This is the default web page for this server.

The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet.

Hapax
2010-12-30, 10:04 AM
I got an email from the founder ShaReef, but cannot access to the link yet. For me still not operating!!!!!

HapaX

U2Lynne
2010-12-30, 03:10 PM
I got an email from the founder ShaReef, but cannot access to the link yet. For me still not operating!!!!!

HapaX
The link goes to your PM box on the Forums. The forums are up.

bluzman
2010-12-31, 09:52 PM
Yesterday I saw that all was set to go and that it shouldn't be much longer.

arkantos
2011-01-04, 09:24 AM
any updates on their status (HC)

vladsmythe
2011-01-07, 07:20 PM
Yesterday I saw that all was set to go and that it shouldn't be much longer.
Okay. How long are we looking at?

tiglath
2011-01-08, 06:52 AM
To quote Axel. all we need is a little patience.
Best wishes to all

daimyodrum
2011-01-10, 11:17 PM
Any sign of life yet?

bluzman
2011-01-11, 05:51 PM
Shareef hasn't given specific, but is supposedly in the process of migrating it. Taking a long time by my watch. I was told to be patient.

U2Lynne
2011-01-11, 11:44 PM
Don't forget that many of your site admins have full time jobs and the websites are just a hobby. Real life gets priority. I'm sure he is working on it whenever he can. :)

RockWizard
2011-01-12, 12:20 AM
Still no sign of life. Just hope it isn't a "blue meanie" thing!!:(

tiglath
2011-01-12, 11:09 AM
Thanks Lyyne for your input. We are, or should be, grateful that we benefit ftom others expertise and kindness. If we have to wait, the waiting should remind us of what we would miss if it were not there

bluzman
2011-01-18, 07:54 PM
Next week is what I've heard.

bluzman
2011-01-31, 11:18 PM
http://www.hungercity.org/

tgunn2760
2011-02-01, 09:24 AM
Next week is what I've heard.

Site says end of February.

:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

bluzman
2011-02-01, 10:39 AM
Site says end of February.

:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

Goes to show you don't never know.:wave:

Igemo75
2011-02-02, 07:27 AM
http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?2,1355439,page=2

Deadnut
2011-02-21, 04:38 PM
Hungercity is back.

chickering
2011-02-22, 10:00 AM
The site is back up and running.:D

Igemo75
2011-02-22, 12:25 PM
:booty:

tiglath
2011-02-24, 04:49 AM
Nice to see that some things are not permanent, like the loss of HC.

fatboyltd
2011-03-18, 02:15 PM
I keep going to Hunger City and trying to register but it won't work. I click on either of the two links to register and it goes to a blank page that never loads anything. All I'm after is CSN at Woodstock '94 that's supposedly available on the site. Anyone have any ideas?

daddyray
2011-03-18, 02:17 PM
HC is not open these days...it went private

freezer
2011-03-18, 03:55 PM
HC is not open these days...it went private

Best way to offer up bogus lineage without being called out for it.

Talk about pissing in the trade pool. :lol4:

daddyray
2011-03-18, 03:59 PM
HC has video (Vlad's n others) that I have not found elsewhere. I agree Freezer that ain't the land of clear and true lineage but for weird tv stuff I had on VHS that place can be a goldmine.

freezer
2011-03-18, 05:07 PM
HC has video (Vlad's n others) that I have not found elsewhere.......
Quantity before quality.

but for weird tv stuff I had on VHS that place can be a goldmine.

so is my garage... :lol4:

I agree Freezer that ain't the land of clear and true lineage.

That's exactly my experience in watching certain clowns posting my Rolling Stones audience recordings over there.... in fact it's a haven for a few snowflakes known for lying about lineage or being devious when faking lineage or sources.

:disbelief

daddyray
2011-03-18, 05:42 PM
yes but your garage and my crawl space are SOMEWHAT less pleasant to toil within thus I use the resource.

vladsmythe
2011-03-18, 08:58 PM
Don't drag me into this. I'm just happy to know there are still a few places that allow me to share my stuff..

freezer
2011-03-19, 01:34 AM
Don't drag me into this. I'm just happy to know there are still a few places that allow me to share my stuff..

Why would anyone mention you and drag into this that or the other?

People talk bad about you, but I like you, always did..... but I don't wanna even consider you and drag in the same context.

And I'm sure if you posted in the Lounge about that someone would ask you just what "stuff" you're sharing.

Hell, they babble at me about it as often as possible.... when they already know the answer is no.
:wave:

yes but your garage and my crawl space are SOMEWHAT less pleasant to toil within thus I use the resource.

Horsefeathers, Zeppo, you ain't seen my garage.

It has central air, 25,000 pieces of vinyl - albums and 45s - and an autographed Ray Bradbury poster havging next to an autographed Dave Stevens poster with comics from the 1940s to 2000, when I finally stopped buying comics.

And I don't have any snowflakes with entitlement issues grousing around in there either.

Your crawl space maybe different. Lets not trade, ok?

jabulon
2011-03-28, 04:59 PM
When I tried downloading a show the other day at HC, the tracker had problems getting registered. I found out that this was due to the fact that HC's new server's IP was on a main ip-list used by my IPblocker.

daddyray
2011-03-28, 05:05 PM
okay Freezer your garage is nice but my crawl is not that pleasant....as to trading, you know perfectly well anything I have that I am allowed to share I would gladly send to you...Vlad knows that as well.

freezer
2011-03-28, 10:51 PM
okay Freezer your garage is nice but my crawl is not that pleasant....as to trading, you know perfectly well anything I have that I am allowed to share I would gladly send to you...Vlad knows that as well.

You misunderstand.

I will NOT trade my garage for your crawl space, OK?

;)

ZJLI
2011-03-29, 08:48 AM

You misunderstand.

I will NOT trade my garage for your crawl space, OK?

;)

Straight to The Lounge with these. ----->

:)

daddyray
2011-03-29, 09:25 AM
but my crawl has some dead mice! doesn't that entice ya just a little? :)

freezer
2011-04-05, 10:06 PM
but my crawl has some dead mice! doesn't that entice ya just a little? :)

There's enough "Dead" vermin around here...... you can keep the ones you got, I'm sure there'll be more coming along soon.... just as regular as a bus.

;)

tiglath
2011-05-14, 01:01 PM
Guess what? Its gone again!

freezer
2011-05-14, 01:33 PM
Guess what? Its gone again!

Is it really?

Maybe they just ran out of 1975 Rolling Stones shows to fake lineage on and decided to infest other sites.

daddyray
2011-05-16, 02:51 PM
can't they keep that together...where am I gonna get a desynced series of aud Stones videos?

vladsmythe
2011-05-17, 04:52 PM
Does anyone know when it will be back up? I need more Dylan DVDs. :thumbsup

daddyray
2011-05-17, 05:02 PM
yes you only have hundreds

lintoni
2011-05-17, 05:52 PM
Does anyone know when it will be back up?

Yes.

I need more Dylan DVDs. :thumbsup

You're sad.

vladsmythe
2011-05-17, 10:05 PM
I can't help it. I dig Dylan.

texizjtexiz
2011-05-20, 05:23 PM
Found some info here: http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?2,1422820,1424458

Like previously stated, some really wacky videos there. Did anyone catch the Dinah Shore Show compilation?

Dinah! (Shore Show):Portal To Hell

01-William Shatner- Taxi
02-William Shatner- How to Handle a Woman
03-Dick Clark- Bye Bye Blackbird
04-Terry Bradshaw- I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
05-Chevy Chase-
06-Jeff Bridges- Give Her Up
07-Jeff Bridges- Believe Me
08-Terry Bradshaw- Another Country song
09-Chad Everett- Live At Your Love(??)
10-Herve Villechaize- This is All I Ask
11-Chuck Woolery- I Write The Songs
12-Telly Savalas- If
13-Tony Clifton- On the Street Where You Live
14-David Carradine- This Land Is Your Land
15-Burt Reynolds- Ain't Misbehavin'
16-Gavin Macleod & Robert Blake-
17-Robert Urich- There Goes The Ballgame
18-Bea Arthur-Can't Help Lovin Dat Man
19-Don Meredith-Engine Engine #9
20-Laverne & Shirley-
21-John Travolta- Let Her In
22-Cybil Shephard-

Extras:

23-Siskel & Ebert
24-Orson Welles
25-Zsa Zsa Gabor
26-James Brown
27-Sly Stone
28-Richard Pryor

Length:01:40

Pretty entertaining :lmao:

vladsmythe
2011-05-20, 07:30 PM
The Dinah Shore video cannot be viewed all at once. Too much to bear (like the 72 ounce steak in Amarillo). Great way to get unwanted guests to leave when you want to crash. :lol4:

vladsmythe
2011-05-27, 11:43 AM
The latest I've heard is that nobody seems to know what's going on with Hunger City. Apparently staff is in a funk ever since the Royal Wedding.

In the mean time, I need more Dylan.:lol4:

paddington
2011-05-27, 11:47 AM
this is a worse exit than STG :rolleyes:

vladsmythe
2011-05-27, 11:52 AM
I knew it was going downhill when dinotunes was cutting up old torrents of Supersonic and re-seeding them in single episodes. How many versions of Gilbert O'Sullivan's "Alone Again, Naturally" does one really need? :wtf:

paddington
2011-05-27, 12:04 PM
just that one, is fine.

rspencer
2011-05-27, 12:17 PM
At least I got my t-shirt before it died. :woot:

isolar2tour
2011-05-27, 03:00 PM
Is it really?

Maybe they just ran out of 1975 Rolling Stones shows to fake lineage on and decided to infest other sites.

Nope, they ran out of BOWIE recordings. They once started with Bowie recording but kept on re-re-recycling the same old stuff in brand new clothes. BORING. :D

vladsmythe
2011-05-27, 03:08 PM
That is a valid point, but you must admit - It was "Dylan Central".

mooncusser
2011-05-27, 03:26 PM
How many versions of Gilbert O'Sullivan's "Alone Again, Naturally" does one really need? :wtf:
if any of it was recorded on Beta, then every last possible variation ;)

vladsmythe
2011-05-27, 03:34 PM
if any of it was recorded on Beta, then every last possible variation ;)
I think beta SP was not the standard at that point 3/4 inc tape would be my guess. But you make a very good point, prior to digital video Beta SP was the standard for highest quality broadcast tape. Good call (as usual). :thumbsup

MalFrie
2011-05-27, 04:21 PM
You can Slag HungerCity all you like,
But I think Any torrent Site that disappears is one less place to find Music,
An` thats why we`re here on the InterWebb thingy
Isn`t it?

freezer
2011-05-27, 04:38 PM
Nope, they ran out of BOWIE recordings. They once started with Bowie recording but kept on re-re-recycling the same old stuff in brand new clothes. BORING. :D

wow, it was the same assclown staff member there that lied about my Stones recordings also futzed on one of my Bowie recordings.

oh well, good riddence to bad rubbish.

U2Lynne
2011-05-27, 10:21 PM
Isn`t it?
Yep, sad to see any torrent site go.

vladsmythe
2011-05-27, 11:45 PM
Are they really gone? That would suck big time.

paddington
2011-05-27, 11:51 PM
they are not there.

isolar2tour
2011-05-28, 11:46 AM
Isn`t it?

Agree with you on that - but only to compare recordings.

The old-fashioned way of trading (mail) makes more fun. Torrents are mainly re-re-recycling the same old recordings, different cover art and mostly inferior quality.

Most of the interesting Bowie stuff I have will never appear on torrents, mail trade only. Most of us - old-fashioned collectors/tapers - like it that way.

bluzman
2011-05-28, 12:54 PM
They haven't told me anything at all yet...
Again

vladsmythe
2011-05-28, 11:14 PM
They haven't told me anything at all yet...
AgainClassic post bluzman. I think this Phoenix will rise again.

Did anyone think to check the outlet to make sure it's still plugged in?
That seemed to be an issue in the old days....:lol4:

catootje
2011-05-30, 11:14 AM
Pfff... TTD stands for The Trolling Den these days?
A bit easy and cheap to kick things down who are not there, one way or another.
Calling peeps (uploaders) by their name, ain't from the highest level either, while they can't defend themself.
Talking about going downhill...
I expected better from The Traders Den.

direwolf-pgh
2011-05-31, 07:20 AM
:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:
chill. most of the people posting are/were donating members. the HC server goes offline often enough to deserve comment.
the operators could post a comment/update here for their members - yet they dont.

Progfan2112
2011-06-02, 06:37 AM
The news doesn't sound good to me. This is the latest info on the Hunger City forum, which still works. I don't know who Erik Snow is but he appears to be connected to HC somehow.

Re: Hunger City down again?
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 31, 2011 16:31

Amused
HC's ups and downs are worrying me, this is the absolutely best tracker around - I hope it's going to work for at least a couple of years! so many awesome boots are being shared there.
cheers to the crew.

Thanks - cheers to you. We have some problems over there, can't go into details.

I really can't make any promises when/if it will be back online. But I hope it we get it back on the track again - really enjoy the tracker, just like you

paddington
2011-06-03, 02:32 AM
:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:
chill. most of the people posting are/were donating members. the HC server goes offline often enough to deserve comment.
the operators could post a comment/update here for their members - yet they dont.

Agree.

vladsmythe
2011-06-03, 08:17 AM
It doesn't seem like TTD is picking up the slack. Where are all the H.C. staffers going? Why no increase of Dylan, and Stones here? With the demise of other trackers in the past, we usually saw groundswell here.
I think H.C. is coming back. I hope it's soon.

bingomusic
2011-06-03, 11:02 AM
Have tried the downornot site, put in "hungercity" and it claims that it is "up" but, when I click on the link (in google) it doesn't connect to the site !!!!????!!!!

Strange ! ..... Regards to all... bingomusic.

Homebrew101
2011-06-03, 11:08 AM
can anyone send me an invite to Hungercity?

bluzman
2011-06-03, 11:18 AM
can anyone send me an invite to Hungercity?

If/when HC comes back, I will gladly get you on board over there. We haven't heard from the owner at all. Other staff members were talking about today being their "personal cutoff" date. HC barely survived the late 2010 shutdown. I don't know what is going to happen this time.

daddyray
2011-06-03, 11:35 AM
I heard it was going to only have ghey porn sourced from beta or japanese laser discs

bluzman
2011-06-03, 12:19 PM
^^^^^^
Your dream site!? :wave:

daddyray
2011-06-03, 12:33 PM
you know that since you got me into bestiality stuff, ghey seems passe, but if you prefer to maintain the fiction....

Homebrew101
2011-06-03, 01:20 PM
ghey bestiality ftw!

daddyray
2011-06-03, 01:26 PM
that is just a Wisconsin thing..like union busting

Homebrew101
2011-06-03, 01:38 PM
:hmm:

daddyray
2011-06-03, 01:48 PM
damnit HB :)

AAR.oner
2011-06-03, 03:05 PM
It doesn't seem like TTD is picking up the slack. Where are all the H.C. staffers going? Why no increase of Dylan, and Stones here? With the demise of other trackers in the past, we usually saw groundswell here.
I think H.C. is coming back. I hope it's soon.

well get in touch with all the major seeders ya knew over there and tell em to come here...my experience yrs back was that most of the Dylan stuff out there wouldn't be up to our requirements tho

paddington
2011-06-03, 03:11 PM
maybe they are waiting for DNS to propagate?

I recommend a new name. The brand is tarnished.

AAR.oner
2011-06-03, 04:27 PM
propagatin with DNS :naughty:

vladsmythe
2011-06-03, 04:42 PM
well get in touch with all the major seeders ya knew over there and tell em to come here...my experience yrs back was that most of the Dylan stuff out there wouldn't be up to our requirements tho
I think the Dylan Videos would...lots of sound upgraded shows, in the same vein as Grateful Dead videos that are such an important part of this site, and they were upping several concerts per week. I have no opinion to give on the Dylan audio.

PhilG
2011-06-03, 04:56 PM
I was wondering about Hunger City. I hope it comes back eventaully, I still got lots of stuff to share. They weren't as strict as dime & TTD.

tiglath
2011-06-04, 03:28 AM
I think we must accept it has gone for good.
I must sort out my old HC downloads and seed them elsewhere.

U2Lynne
2011-06-04, 10:03 AM
That's pretty sad if it's gone for good. Too bad the owners won't say Goodbye and Thanks for the good times before they go. :(

bingomusic
2011-06-04, 10:34 AM
Yes, U2Lynne, it is very sad if it has gone ..... I think that *somebody* should be able to tell us once and for all if it has gone.... regards to all.... Bingomusic.

arkantos
2011-06-06, 07:56 AM
They weren't as strict as dime & TTD.

Gone without a warning. They'll be Up soon:rockin:

bluzman
2011-06-06, 10:26 AM
Here's an update on Hunger City.

There is no update. Staff is communicating but nothing from he who holds the power.

U2Lynne
2011-06-07, 09:30 AM
Was Grayson running Hungercity? I mean, this is sounding awfully familiar.

paddington
2011-06-07, 11:13 AM
Terrible name, anyway.

I can understand not wanting to run it anymore... I don't understand not communicating.

vladsmythe
2011-06-07, 11:21 AM
A few years ago it was a great place to find classic rock, The Beatles rare videos, off the wall things...

Then it morphed into Dylan and Stones. One time the torrent page featured 21 of 25 listings as Dylan. Jazz never caught on there. While TTD has widened it's scope, HC choked on it's own content. Maybe it died from musical malnutrition. ...if it's dead.

paddington
2011-06-07, 11:24 AM
It's because they don't have enough led Zeppelin. Clearly.

bingomusic
2011-06-07, 12:20 PM
Anybody have the latest on HC ????? ... regards to all.... bingomusic.

paddington
2011-06-07, 01:00 PM
I think it's down.

bingomusic
2011-06-07, 01:25 PM
I'm having MEGA problems trying to access Demonoid.... although the site is working I am unable to connect (through Google Chrome, Firefox & Internet Explorer) !!!!! ... Does anybody have any advice on how I can rectify this problem ????? .... In Google Chrome I get the error message DNS error 105 .... Regards to all.... Bingomusic.

Triumph
2011-06-07, 03:10 PM
Not been able to connect to HC for a few days now, just tried again and this message appeared.

HUNGERCITY TRACKER

The HungerCity Tracker will RETURN in the near future (Another 10 days or so)! Another unavoidable move from our present host & machine! Stay tuned! - ShaReeF (8th June 2011)

MalFrie
2011-06-07, 03:38 PM
Hey Bingo, The Demon is working fine for me in the UK, S`pose you`ve rebooted both PC and Router? could your ISP have blocked "D"

bingomusic
2011-06-07, 03:42 PM
MalFrie.... Have tried re-booting EVERYTHING !!! Everything was working fine on Demonoid until a week ago.... Why would my ISP have blocked "D" ????? ... (My ratio was 0.57 - above the ratio limit they set).... Just stopped working for me !!! Regards Bingomusic.

sallygr
2011-06-07, 03:48 PM
Hey Bingo, The Demon is working fine for me in the UK

It also works fine for me in the US.

bingomusic
2011-06-07, 04:17 PM
Great to hear that it works fine for you in the US, sallygr.... but that doesn't help me !!!! LOL !!!!! ... HELP !!!!! .... regards to all.... bingomusic.

daddyray
2011-06-07, 04:22 PM
works here..sorry for your troubles, housy housy (Python reference)

paddington
2011-06-07, 04:24 PM
bingo,
based on what you are posting, it seems your ISP may have removed Demonoid from your DNS.
If so, you can substitue Google's free DNS @ 8.8.8.8 to get around (unless they have it blocked, too)

to find out if your DNS is blocking Demonoid, there, if youare on a windows PC, do this:

START > RUN

type CMD and press OK

you get a black box

type

PING DEMONOID.COM <press Enter>

see if you actually get 4 replies from an IP address, or if you, instead, get this:

Ping request could not find host demonoid.com. Please check the name and try again.

which do you get?

bingomusic
2011-06-07, 04:43 PM
jameskg: I got: "Ping request could not find host demonoid.com. Please check the name and try again".

PLEASE help me (further) !!!!! Regards .... bingomusic.

bingomusic
2011-06-07, 04:47 PM
Can't understand it 'cos everything else is working fine !!!! ... I'm able to access / download from all other torrents sites but "D" !!! ???? ... Have tried accessing "D" in: Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Opera ... All cannot access "D" !!! ??? ... regards Bingomusic.

paddington
2011-06-07, 04:54 PM
the response you received indicates that the DNS server you are using doesn't contain any entries for Demonoid.com.

You can try adding a DNS server to your network params - use 8.8.8.8 - a free DNS server from Google.

bingomusic
2011-06-07, 05:11 PM
"You can try adding a DNS server to your network params - use 8.8.8.8 - a free DNS server from Google" : How (the hell) do I do that jameskg, I haven't got a clue !!!! ... thanks for your continued help (!) ,,, PLEASE explain in "easy terms" I'm no PC pro !!!!! ... Regards .... bingomusic..

bluzman
2011-06-07, 06:05 PM
^^^^^
It is now:
http://www.demonoid.me

bingomusic
2011-06-07, 06:18 PM
Just tried your link (above) bluzman in Opera browser .... "Cannot locate server" error showing !!!!! ... Regards Bingomusic.

paddington
2011-06-07, 07:37 PM
You need to change your DNS.

try using 8.8.8.8

and see here for instructions:
http://mintywhite.com/xp/change-dns-settings-windows-xp/

sallygr
2011-06-07, 07:37 PM
Just tried your link (above) bluzman in Opera browser .... "Cannot locate server" error showing !!!!! ... Regards Bingomusic.

What happens if you ping demonoid.me rather than demonoid.com ?

mooncusser
2011-06-07, 08:10 PM
:goodpost:

bingomusic
2011-06-08, 01:26 AM
sallygr: Exactly the same message comes up as before .... Will try adding the server as jameskg suggests above, (Thanks jameskg for further advice).... Will let you all know how I get on !!!! .... Regards to all... bingomusic.

PhilG
2011-06-08, 09:15 AM
Not been able to connect to HC for a few days now, just tried again and this message appeared.

HUNGERCITY TRACKER

The HungerCity Tracker will RETURN in the near future (Another 10 days or so)! Another unavoidable move from our present host & machine! Stay tuned! - ShaReeF (8th June 2011)

:woot:

MalFrie
2011-06-08, 01:41 PM
Bingo, what happens if you go to that P- Bay site, is that blocked as well?

tiglath
2011-06-09, 06:07 AM
Oh Well. Anyone got a spare copy of War and Peace?

bingomusic
2011-06-09, 11:03 AM
MalFrie: I can access every other site EXCEPT for Demonoid !!!!!!! .... Have tried loads of things but nothing lets me access the site.... regards... bingomusic.

Homebrew101
2011-06-09, 11:23 AM
sounds like you are super-duper fucked then

bingomusic
2011-06-09, 11:36 AM
Thanks Homebrew101 you've made me feel a whole lot better now ...... I'm really after helpful advice that can get me super duper UNfucked !!!!!!!!!.... Regards to all.... bingomusic.

paddington
2011-06-09, 11:44 AM
the most fucked of anyone I can think of, at present.

tiglath
2011-06-09, 12:42 PM
Jameskg
I have typed in demonoid.me and gained access straight away.
I am using google chrome.
What firewall are you using>

paddington
2011-06-09, 12:46 PM
I am not using any firewall, nor am I attempting to access demonoid.

hope this helps

bingomusic
2011-06-09, 01:02 PM
YYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH ..... FINALLY.... successfully accessed Demonoid ..... Managed to get the site up through Firefox, then, copied link into Google Chrome.... did search ..... The site appeared !!!!!!! ..... First time I've been able to access Demonoid since 31st March !!!!! .... YIPPPPPEEEEEE ... Deleted "old bookmark" and saved new one ..... Thanks for listening to my woes on here..... Regards to all.... bingomusic.

daddyray
2011-06-09, 01:19 PM
I am proud of you

bingomusic
2011-06-09, 01:24 PM
Thanks, daddyray .... Can't tell u how relieved I am (I think that you can guess from my last post above) !!!!!! .... Now all that bugs me is when / if Hungercity will reappear !!!! ... regards to all.... bingomusic.

daddyray
2011-06-09, 01:31 PM
two other trackers I use died this week. they comes and they goes

bingomusic
2011-06-09, 01:41 PM
The thing is, daddyray, I *KNEW* that Demonoid *HADN'T* died, which made it SO MORE frustrating.... I used a site called "downornot" and put in Demonoid.me - clicked on the button and it showed that the site was up ..... Regards to all... Bingomusic.

Homebrew101
2011-06-09, 02:04 PM
... and now back to our original programming....

Hungercity anyone?

paddington
2011-06-09, 02:34 PM
regards to all..... jameskg

AAR.oner
2011-06-09, 03:44 PM
hungry as a city!

regards to no one... AAR.oner

MalFrie
2011-06-09, 04:52 PM
Bingo, I am so pleased you`ve sorted out your Hassles, Shit, it`s almost like it was me that had the problems! Sometimes TTD surprises me, not everyone is an arsehole, even if they like to pretend they are!

paddington
2011-06-09, 04:57 PM
assholes are only allowed in the Lounge

go ask this same question in there! :lol

regards to all... jameskg

daddyray
2011-06-12, 11:18 AM
tangledupintorrents zappateers winterland n hunger all are gone or fucked....

direwolf-pgh
2011-06-12, 11:35 AM
fuck 'em.

money talks and bullshit walks

daddyray
2011-06-12, 11:51 AM
Cap'n Snake!

direwolf-pgh
2011-06-12, 11:53 AM
Arg!

this joint too be cast onto the rocks if it doesnt lower its overhead.

rspencer
2011-06-12, 11:56 AM
Sometimes TTD surprises me, not everyone is an arsehole, even if they like to pretend they are!

Oh yeah they are, even if sometimes they pretend they aren't. :)

direwolf-pgh
2011-06-12, 11:56 AM
:goodpost:

vladsmythe
2011-06-14, 04:31 PM
HC says they will be back up on 6-18. :cheers:

paddington
2011-06-14, 06:52 PM
:lmao:

U2Lynne
2011-06-14, 10:52 PM
Well, I hope they come back up. But, somebody may want to suggest to them to think of a better way to communicate with their users when the site is down.

bluzman
2011-06-14, 10:59 PM
They're coming back and they have been given many direct suggestions this time and last time of how to communicate better to users AND STAFF, but, we shall see. Today or was it yesterday I got the official email from Shareef. I wonder if there will be any users left as the last time almost did it in.

New ISP and location or something again. Good for at least 3 years whatever that means.

bingomusic
2011-06-15, 12:36 AM
Thanx for the latest bluzman..... Good job ONE person is "in the know" !!!!! ... Regards to all... bingomusic.

paddington
2011-06-15, 12:41 AM
They're coming back and they have been given many direct suggestions this time and last time of how to communicate better to users AND STAFF, but, we shall see. Today or was it yesterday I got the official email from Shareef. I wonder if there will be any users left as the last time almost did it in.

New ISP and location or something again. Good for at least 3 years whatever that means.

This is the same a guy that has given about 6 dates since last year and missed them all, right?

Corum
2011-06-16, 07:36 AM
They had a countdown on the hungercity.org site on when it was to return - either today or tomorrow. Now there is nothing but some stupid ad site saying the domain is no longer available. The hungerforum is gone as well. Does anyone know if it is back up somewhere or not?

bluzman
2011-06-16, 06:19 PM
It's in the process of being relocated from what I have read today.

paddington
2011-06-17, 02:50 AM
HC says they will be back up on 6-18. :cheers:

:lmao:

anyone want to give odds?

tiglath
2011-06-17, 03:56 AM
About as good as Sarah Palin getting a Nobel prize for science

bern1
2011-06-19, 11:53 AM
They had a countdown on the hungercity.org site on when it was to return - either today or tomorrow. Now there is nothing but some stupid ad site saying the domain is no longer available. The hungerforum is gone as well. Does anyone know if it is back up somewhere or not?

I've had no trouble accessing the forum in the last few days:

http://thehcforum.com/index.php?sid=0d461e0db9dc48d4e02a3470f94079cd

bern1
2011-06-19, 12:03 PM
Should I be excited about this :

http://www.hungercity.org/index.php

lintoni
2011-06-19, 02:06 PM
Should I be excited about this :

http://www.hungercity.org/index.php

Wrong username or password

Again...:hmm::lol4::disbelief

bingomusic
2011-06-19, 04:56 PM
Nice to see HC up and running again ..... Signed in no problems .... regards to all.... bingomusic.

bingomusic
2011-06-19, 05:34 PM
Although I do notice that there are four torrents from "6 days ago" and the next one's are from "26 weeks ago".... waiting for "new" torrents to appear to see if the site is working properly again !!!! ...... Regards to all.... bingomusic.

sallygr
2011-06-19, 06:04 PM
I get "hash missing from reply" when I try to seed torrents that were active at the time of the crash, so they've apparently still got some work to do yet...

Sally

sallygr
2011-06-20, 04:37 AM
I can now seed torrents on Hungercity, so the torrents seem to be back up & running. However, all of my profile options (categories for notification, etc) had disappeared, so folks on Hungercity should take a look at their profiles...

Sally

vladsmythe
2011-06-20, 11:27 AM
Looks like we need to get busy and start seeding again at HC! Hopefully the Dylan DVDs will start flowing soon. :)

sallygr
2011-06-20, 12:45 PM
To update my previous post, it looks like profiles are set back several months - perhaps to the previous crash. I had changed my email address on hungercity just after the previous crash and my profile reverted back to my old email address.

Sally

bluzman
2011-06-20, 02:05 PM
^^^^^^^

They went to a backup file for some of the stuff but it looks like they be up and running.

U2Lynne
2011-06-20, 09:54 PM
I get a totally white page going to hungercity.org.

paddington
2011-06-20, 10:03 PM
I get a totally white page going to hungercity.org.

working ok for me (I get the logon page).

I'm sure the DNS has just been propagating for two days now and you'll be able to see the site, soon...

funny thing, that DNS propagation...

tiglath
2011-06-21, 03:56 AM
Well, it seems that Hungercity is up and walking slowly again, for which we all must be grateful.
My advice is if there is anything you particularly want, get it while you can.

Progfan2112
2011-06-27, 05:06 AM
For those of you who are back up at Hunger City, what happened with your ratios? In other words, was your previous activity restored or does it show you as having an upload of one gig with nothing shared as if you're a newbie? I PM'd Shariff on Friday about it but haven't received a response yet. I donated to the site a couple of months or so before it went down so it'd be a real drag not to at least get a response. It also makes me a little nervous when the only PM I've received is that their June bills are due and they'd like a donation. That ain't happening with me any time soon.