PDA

View Full Version : What's with Hungercity again?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

arfarf
2013-10-01, 09:22 AM
Just in: Unconfirmed sources report Hunger City will reopen, but as Lonely Town :lol:

vladsmythe
2013-10-01, 09:43 AM
All kidding aside, Hunger City folks are finding other places now. I see many familiar faces signing up at Planet Rock and Dime lately.

arfarf
2013-10-01, 09:49 AM
Greedy like your ratio perhaps? :wave:

Regarding my ratio Tappy, or whatever your name is. I have a hard drive with a limit of 289 GB. There's way for me to seed stuff I download. I am an administrator at 3 bootleg sites. All of which are FREE and NEVER ask for donations. The stuff I download I post on those those sites. I don't hoard anything I download!

Let me just say that mediaaddict's ratio here is not reflective of his important and ongoing contribution to the roio universe.

Thanks for ALL that you do mate!

mediaaddict
2013-10-01, 09:54 AM
Let me just say that mediaaddict's ratio here is not reflective of his important and ongoing contribution to the roio universe.

Thanks for ALL that you do mate!

Thanks arfarf!

RamesesII
2013-10-01, 09:58 AM
Just in: Unconfirmed sources report Hunger City will reopen, but as Lonely Town :lol:

:neener2: :neener2: :neener2: :neener2: :neener2:

arfarf
2013-10-01, 10:03 AM
All kidding aside, Hunger City folks are finding other places now. I see many familiar faces signing up at Planet Rock and Dime lately.

Glad to hear you're no longer banned at Planet Rock, congrats.

In no way am I implying that your reportage is incorrect, but I would have expected most HC members to already be at Dime, it is the 500 pound gorilla in the BT world.

Just curious, but do you have any further insight on that?

I started at Dime as my first tracker, so my experience likely taints my thinking on this.

vladsmythe
2013-10-01, 10:23 AM
Oh...I messed up. I meant TTD and Dime. I'm still banned at PR, as are my videos. :(
But HC refugees are certainly still trading. The spirit never dies. :)

arfarf
2013-10-01, 10:30 AM
Oh...I messed up. I meant TTD and Dime. I'm still banned at PR, as are my videos. :(
But HC refugees are certainly still trading. The spirit never dies. :)

Still curious about the HC > Dime migration. I always thought HC seemed to have a higher percentage of European members than most trackers, that may or may not be an accurate assumption, but if so, could that be it?

Very minor point, and slightly off topic, but I do believe you to be an astute observer of tracker goin' ons, and would like to hear if you have any more thoughts on this.

Edited in later: There has been some recent re-evaluation of what is and isn't allowed at PR, whether that effects the status of your videos there or not, I don't know, but it might.

mediaaddict
2013-10-01, 10:36 AM
I just signed up for Planet Rock. How is it?

mediaaddict
2013-10-01, 10:42 AM
If anyone is is interested in joining Wicked Symphony, Psychotic Symphony's I Love It Loud or Mamakin Bootlegs, please let me know? These are ARE NOT torrent sites.

arfarf
2013-10-01, 10:47 AM
I like it, I think you will find it has less activity than HC, but that may be changing as part of the HC fallout. How much impact that fallout has on membership at other trackers will in large part depend on how long HC remains down, and even more so, when or if a new tracker is launched by the former HC staff members.

I think that core staff group did a great job there against difficult working conditions, and I, for one, would be delighted to see them start a fresh tracker, and would be glad to upload there!

All the above is just my opinion.

OutsideTheLaw
2013-10-01, 12:50 PM
It's gratifying to see here all the thanks and appreciation for us former HC staff; it was a great ride while it lasted, but the boss kept letting the oil leak out of the engine and didn't give us the repair manual. Different things pushed each of us over the cliff -- for me, it was when I realized he reading but not responding to the staff concerns, when I saw that the Gator message was a redirect to the Forum from the Tracker (thus showing that the Tracker was still operating) and when we learned that the Tracker was in fact paid ahead.

We're all looking forward to the possibility of a new tracker and, of course, all of us are also members of many other trackers, depending on our tastes, etc. I'll be looking forward to seeing many of you again around the music world.

Tappy
2013-10-01, 04:35 PM
Regarding my ratio Tappy, or whatever your name is. I have a hard drive with a limit of 289 GB. There's way for me to seed stuff I download. I am an administrator at 3 bootleg sites. All of which are FREE and NEVER ask for donations. The stuff I download I post on those those sites. I don't hoard anything I download!

Blaming your hard drive is a poor excuse. Your hard drive has nothing to do with you keeping the torrent open and seeding it. Once you finish downloading something keep the torrent open instead of closing it straight away and you will continue to seed it and in the process you will improve your ratio.

And if your hard drive space is so limited buy another so that you can seed what you download, 1TB hard drives are so cheap nowadays everyone can afford one.

Munichhilton
2013-10-02, 09:23 AM
It was a family friendly site and loads of fun...I now know that was because of staff and uploaders too...

It had sorta stopped being as friendly as each of us dropped off but not as bad as the forums here...!

AAR.oner
2013-10-02, 09:30 AM
we banned friendliness...its counterproductive to post whoring

:D

Bugs
2013-10-02, 09:38 AM
we banned friendliness...its counterproductive to post whoring

:D

I knew a guy on usenet who was friendly. It got his leg blown off and three other posters killed.

Fuck friendly.

direwolf-pgh
2013-10-02, 09:50 AM
in this hobby you don't have to do anything :coffee: users like arfarf will simply show up and start freaking without provocation :ah: love it

arfarf
2013-10-02, 10:07 AM
really, and where am I freaking now?

Feel free to PM me if you have some suggestions. You seem like an even handed guy, and I'd be more than glad to discuss your concerns.

direwolf-pgh
2013-10-02, 10:12 AM
huh? :coffee: what are you talking about? g'morning!

arfarf
2013-10-02, 10:18 AM
in this hobby you don't have to do anything :coffee: users like arfarf will simply show up and start freaking without provocation :ah: love it

Talking about this post. If you have concerns about what I post here, PM me and let's talk. I think you'll find me easy to reach an accomadation with.

direwolf-pgh
2013-10-02, 10:19 AM
I've heard you're a great trader with an awesome collection.

arfarf
2013-10-02, 10:21 AM
I've heard you're a great trader with an awesome collection.

small potatoes really, I do on occasion record a show or make a transfer from analog source.

direwolf-pgh
2013-10-02, 10:23 AM
Well, Ive seen the seeds you've been kind enough to share out (here and elsewhere). Its always a pleasure to see you at TTD.

arfarf
2013-10-02, 10:25 AM
at least when I'm not freaking out:lol4:

2013-10-02, 10:26 AM
Damn, I was so straight on my way to become the top sharer at hungercity and now it's offline? Does this means I can just delete all the torrents from them out of my client, or what?

Munichhilton
2013-10-02, 10:37 AM
See? Friendly...that's great...

Munichhilton
2013-10-02, 10:37 AM
Damn, I was so straight on my way to become the top sharer at hungercity and now it's offline? Does this means I can just delete all the torrents from them out of my client, or what?

Yup, sorry...it's been rough

direwolf-pgh
2013-10-02, 10:49 AM
at least when I'm not freaking out:lol4:Nah, you played it cool :D Just messin'. I'll have to step up my game next time!

RamesesII
2013-10-02, 11:27 AM
For anyone who is still following this increasingly bizarre saga here is the latest bulletin from his nibs together with a nice new pic

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p477/RamesesII/shareef2_zpse49a66e7.jpg (http://s347.photobucket.com/user/RamesesII/media/shareef2_zpse49a66e7.jpg.html)

HUNGERCITY UPDATE - 2ND OCTOBER, 2013 (1:30PM EST)

AS THE DONATION PAGE CANNOT BE ACCESSED, PLEASE SEND ALL DONATIONS VIA PAYPAL TO : [email protected]

AFTER EXTENSIVE TALKS WITH THE HOST, IT HAS BEEN DETERMINED THAT WE CAN MOVE TO THE NEW MACHINE (CHEAPER OPTION OF $395 MONTHLY) ON SATURDAY 5TH OCTOBER. ALL HUNGERCITY FILES & DATABASES ARE INTACT AND WILL BE READY FOR USE ON THE NEW SERVER.

WE STILL HAVE TO PAY FOR THE OCTOBER SERVER BILL. DONATION TO COVER THE OCTOBER PERIOD WILL BE GRATEFULLY RECEIVED. PLEASE SEND AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THANK YOU!

THANKS TO ALL WHO HAD FAITH IN ME & HUNGERCITY. IT WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN. WHEN THE CHIPS ARE DOWN YOU FIND OUT WHO ARE FRIENDS AND WHO ARE NOT. THIS WILL ALSO NOT BE FORGOTTEN.

IT WILL BE GOOD TO BE BACK SOON AND PROVE MANY SO CALLED PEOPLE WRONG!! PERHAPS IT WILL STILL BE POSSIBLE TO SET ASIDE PAST ISSUES AND MOVE FORWARD TO A NEW ERA FOR HUNGERCITY.

ALSO, THOSE OF YOU ARE STILL WAITING FOR YOUR DONATION CREDITS TO BE PROCESSED, WILL RECEIVE DOUBLE VALUE TO WHATEVER YOUR CONTRIBUTION. THIS WILL BE DONE AT THE EARLIEST OPPORTUNITY, ONCE I HAVE SERVER/SITE ACCESS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED PATIENCE & SUPPORT.

- SHAREEF

As you will see his "cheaper option" is a real bargain as now the cost of the server is only two or three times as much as other trackers so a real bargain :faint:

arfarf
2013-10-02, 11:52 AM
Nah, you played it cool :D Just messin'. I'll have to step up my game next time!

I likely deserved a spanking, not sure about the "bare bottom" part though. Are you sure that's in the site guidelines?

Bugs
2013-10-02, 12:00 PM
He's already edited today's "last chance" update to read (the emphasis is mine)

AFTER EXTENSIVE TALKS WITH THE HOST, IT HAS BEEN DETERMINED THAT WE CAN MOVE TO THE NEW MACHINE (CHEAPER OPTION OF $425 MONTHLY) ON SATURDAY 5TH OCTOBER. ALL HUNGERCITY FILES & DATABASES ARE INTACT AND WILL BE READY FOR USE ON THE NEW SERVER.

instead of the earlier $395.

What a tool.

RamesesII
2013-10-02, 12:09 PM
I suppose that at least you could say we now have transparency as it's so easy to see through all the lies :nerd:

RamesesII
2013-10-02, 12:14 PM

What a tool.

:lol4: :wtf: :lol4: :wtf:

And all in a beautiful shade of pink. I have a little story about the same shade of pink but you'd have needed to be there so I won't tell it. :D

arfarf
2013-10-02, 12:14 PM

AFTER EXTENSIVE TALKS WITH THE HOST, IT HAS BEEN DETERMINED THAT WE CAN MOVE TO THE NEW MACHINE (CHEAPER OPTION OF $425 MONTHLY) ON SATURDAY 5TH OCTOBER. ALL HUNGERCITY FILES & DATABASES ARE INTACT AND WILL BE READY FOR USE ON THE NEW SERVER.

What a tool.

Unless you think the new donation address is really " [email protected]", you may want to view that post with a little skepticism, I dunno. My best guess is that all but the donation address is correct.
As U2Lynne pointed out many pages back, at one time TTD's monthly server cost was approaching $400 before they changed servers, so a figure around $400 is not out of line, though still more than twice the cost a frugal shopper might find.
Like most folks here and elsewhere on the interweb, I usually just take whatever is posted as gospel, I'm way too lazy to check it out for myself.
I don't want to say too much, I've got money on when this thread gets moved to the lounge, and I don't want to be accused of rigging the game.

Bugs
2013-10-02, 12:34 PM
Unless you think the new donation address is really " [email protected]", you may want to view that post with a little skepticism, I dunno. My best guess is that all but the donation address is correct.

I don't understand what you're driving at. Are you suggesting that RamesesII, in addition to changing the address that HC uses for email donations — which is obviously a joke (but thanks for treating me as if I were stupid; that's quite gracious of you) — lowered the donation cost from the $425 that ShaReeF posted to $395 and let the rest of the ShaReeF's post stand verbatim?

What purpose would that serve? Changing the donation address accomplishes two things, but what does lowering the alleged monthly operating cost of HungerCity by $30 accomplish, rhetorically, for RamsesII?

arfarf
2013-10-02, 12:51 PM

I don't understand what you're driving at. Are you suggesting that RamesesII, in addition to changing the address that HC uses for email donations — which is obviously a joke (but thanks for treating me as if I were stupid; that's quite gracious of you) — lowered the donation cost from the $425 that ShaReeF posted to $395 and let the rest of the ShaReeF's post stand verbatim?

What purpose would that serve? Changing the donation address accomplishes two things, but what does lowering the alleged monthly operating cost of HungerCity by $30 accomplish, rhetorically, for RamsesII?

As I stated, my best guess is that everything RamessesII posted is correct except the donation address. But as the post was partly real and partly fake, I have to view it with skepticism unless I'm willing to get off my lazy butt and look for myself.

My comment wasn't pointed at you specifically, I meant the editorial "You". In the future I'll try to use some word like "folks" instead so there is no confusion.

I believe the only dollar figure I used was $400, which is the amount U2lynne referred to. I was only trying to say that a cost in that range, which both $395 or $425 would fit, is not a red flag on it's own, just poor consumerism.

RamesesII
2013-10-02, 12:57 PM

No idea what arf means Bugs - maybe he thinks the supposed costs are genuine or something. Apart from changing the email address the first post was as I copied and pasted it. I think the original message was in a different colour from the current putrid pink one. I still have HC set as my home page on Firefox so I see the latest message each time I fire it up. I can't remember when I last had so much fun. Can't wait for the next installment.

arfarf
2013-10-02, 01:00 PM
$600 a month for server costs? Even when we had two servers and an outside backup site, we were running on less than $400 a month. When things got tough, I cut the backup (after having our host verify the status of the disks on the other server for me to do the backup on instead). We are now running on a more powerful server than before (with RAID 10 and 8 GB RAM) and paying less than for those two servers. Are they operating in the US? If so, I really think they should contact our host, QuickPacket, and ask about hosting there. We've been with QuickPacket since we started and they have always been good to us.

Here's the post from lynne that I was referrencing, so folks can find it easier.

RamesesII
2013-10-02, 01:08 PM
HC has never had a good second server backup arf so you can halve the costs Lynne was talking about. It wasn't that long ago that the site went down (genuinely on that occasion I believe) and because there was no proper back up system a load of the newer torrents were lost stretching back a few weeks as I recall.

Migration to another server is, in effect, little more than copying and pasting from one drive to another. When I forgot to pay for one of my own web sites it was online again immediately as soon as I'd paid for it - just had to ftp the files to the server which took a couple of hours. If we are supposed to believe all the messages we've had about payment and non payment then HC should already be back online.

I'm intrigued to discover what he means by

THANKS TO ALL WHO HAD FAITH IN ME & HUNGERCITY. IT WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN. WHEN THE CHIPS ARE DOWN YOU FIND OUT WHO ARE FRIENDS AND WHO ARE NOT. THIS WILL ALSO NOT BE FORGOTTEN.

Is he going to send round his heavies to sort us out? :hide:

2013-10-02, 01:12 PM
Would it be criminaly illegal to call this soap opera?

arfarf
2013-10-02, 01:13 PM

No idea what arf means Bugs - maybe he thinks the supposed costs are genuine or something. Apart from changing the email address the first post was as I copied and pasted it. I think the original message was in a different colour from the current putrid pink one. I still have HC set as my home page on Firefox so I see the latest message each time I fire it up. I can't remember when I last had so much fun. Can't wait for the next installment.

I think I snuck in a reply to that that Ramesses didn't see before posting, dunno.

Later edit: I didn't see Ramesses latest about only one server before I posted this.

Later edit: I didn't see what Ramesses said about the second server before I posted this.

I have no idea what the "genuine" costs of operating HC are. I suspect that other than ShaReef, no one does. I am only saying they could be in the general range of $400, as those in the know on TTD's staff have stated their operating costs were in that range at one time.

arfarf
2013-10-02, 01:23 PM
I did not see what RamesesII had posted about HC only having one server before I posted my last.

And honestly, I will get the spelling of your nick right one of these times, sorry

RamesesII
2013-10-02, 01:27 PM
I did not see what RamesesII had posted about HC only having one server before I posted my last.

And honestly, I will get the spelling of your nick right one of these times, sorry

Don't worry arf - I often get it wrong myself :duh:

Now I really must get on - I'm spending far too much time on this comedy of errors. :lol4:

Bugs
2013-10-02, 01:40 PM
My comment wasn't pointed at you specifically, I meant the editorial "You". In the future I'll try to use some word like "folks" instead so there is no confusion.

Well, you quoted and replied to me, arfarf, and you (by which I do mean, you, arfarf) used the pronoun "you" in response to that which I had written, and, even if you were using what you refer to as an "editorial you," the context in which you used that "editorial you" would include me, as an individual, within the plurality of your you.

Of course, everything that RamsesII quoted was correct but for the donation address. The point that I am making is that, within minutes of posting his most recent "last chance" update, ShaReeF, the owner of HungerCity, took down the page on HungerCity that RamsesII quoted from above. What RamsesII posted was exactly what ShaReeF had posted but for the joke email address that RamsesII inserted.

The post that ShaReeF originally made on the HC server today said that "AFTER EXTENSIVE TALKS WITH THE HOST," HC would move to the cheaper option of $395 per month. But, within ten minutes posting that on HC, ShaReeF took it down. He then changed the figure of $395 to $425 and reposted what would have otherwise been the exact same message.

None of this has anything to do with what has been posted here, per se. None of this has to do with what U2lynne or anyone else has said it costs to run a server. This has to do with two different posts that ShaReeF made on the front page of hungercity.org today. This has to do with ShaReeF being a lying turd who claims he will lower his costs but, after posting by how much he would, changing his mind five minutes later and upping his fee by $30 (as if it makes any sort of difference). This has to do with ShaReeF being caught — if you'll pardon the clichι — "making it up as he goes along."

Your suggestion that I "view post[s] with a little skepticism" is a solid example of what people in my profession call "irony."

I am sorry for the confusion. Have a great day, arfarf.

Homebrew101
2013-10-02, 01:44 PM
Well, you quoted and replied to me, arfarf, and you (by which I do mean, you, arfarf) used the pronoun "you" in response to that which I had written, and, even if you were using what you refer to as an "editorial you," the context in which you used that "editorial you" would include me, as an individual, within the plurality of your you.

:lol: this almost makes my head hurt

Munichhilton
2013-10-02, 02:29 PM
Its the same old thing as yesterday...

arfarf
2013-10-02, 02:39 PM
I believe Bugs, RamesesII and I are all, if not on the same page, reading from the same book.

I used language imprecisely, and deserved to be misunderstood.

English is my second language, my native tongue is gibberish.

Now I'm off to take a wee, and here I do not mean an editorial wee, I'm going to use the half bath and it's small.

Bugs
2013-10-02, 02:45 PM
I still have HC set as my home page on Firefox so I see the latest message each time I fire it up. I can't remember when I last had so much fun. Can't wait for the next installment.

Boy, I hear that. It's a such trainwreck and I just cannot look away.

For me, the icing on the cake is the massive insurrection that's taken place in the HCForum. Unless he's been logging in from another account, he has no idea what's happening in his own backyard.

:lol: this almost makes my head hurt

Thanks, Homebrew. That's exactly what I was going for. ;)

Its the same old thing as yesterday...

Shareef didn't have to turn on the red light.

Now I'm off to take a wee, and here I do not mean an editorial wee, I'm going to use the half bath and it's small.

Ha! Well said, arfarf.

:cheers:

AAR.oner
2013-10-03, 08:00 AM
if someone would just pull some hair & smack a bitch, this shit would be better than the Bad Girls Club! :headbang:

:popcorn:

mooncusser
2013-10-03, 08:47 AM

ah yes, the setting aside of "past issues"
good to see he's gonna turn over a new leaf, where do I send the bag of unmarked bills?

arfarf
2013-10-03, 03:19 PM
Here's the latest "Last Chance" message, quoted verbatim except for the donation address which I removed.

"HUNGERCITY UPDATE - 3RD OCTOBER, 2013 (2:30PM EST)

AS THE DONATION PAGE CANNOT BE ACCESSED, PLEASE SEND ALL DONATIONS VIA PAYPAL TO: -- address removed--

AFTER EXTENSIVE TALKS WITH THE HOST, IT HAS BEEN DETERMINED THAT WE CAN MOVE TO THE NEW MACHINE (CHEAPER OPTION OF $425 MONTHLY) ON SATURDAY 5TH OCTOBER. DURING THIS WEEKEND I WILL BE WORKING TO MAKE THE BOX READY TO GO LIVE ON MONDAY. ALL HUNGERCITY FILES & DATABASES ARE INTACT AND WILL BE READY FOR USE ON THE NEW SERVER.

WE STILL HAVE TO PAY FOR THE OCTOBER SERVER BILL. DONATION TO COVER THE OCTOBER PERIOD WILL BE GRATEFULLY RECEIVED. PLEASE SEND AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THANK YOU!

IT WILL BE GOOD TO BE BACK SOON AND PROVE A FEW PEOPLE WRONG!! PERHAPS, IT WILL STILL BE POSSIBLE TO SET ASIDE PAST ISSUES AND MOVE FORWARD TO A NEW ERA FOR HUNGERCITY.

ALSO, THOSE OF YOU ARE STILL WAITING FOR YOUR DONATION CREDITS TO BE PROCESSED, WILL RECEIVE DOUBLE VALUE TO WHATEVER YOUR CONTRIBUTION. THIS WILL BE DONE AT THE EARLIEST OPPORTUNITY, ONCE I HAVE SERVER/SITE ACCESS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED PATIENCE & SUPPORT.

THANKS TO ALL WHO HAD FAITH IN ME & HUNGERCITY. IT WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN.
- SHAREEF"

2013-10-03, 03:23 PM
Anybody else but captain noticed that the most smartest arses again are those staff creeps?

vladsmythe
2013-10-03, 03:24 PM
"PERHAPS, IT WILL STILL BE POSSIBLE TO SET ASIDE PAST ISSUES AND MOVE FORWARD TO A NEW ERA FOR HUNGERCITY."
Does that mean I will be allowed to upload my videos again?

nutzrocker
2013-10-03, 04:28 PM
"PERHAPS, IT WILL STILL BE POSSIBLE TO SET ASIDE PAST ISSUES AND MOVE FORWARD TO A NEW ERA FOR HUNGERCITY."

As long as you make a large donation :lol4::lol4::lol4::lol4::lol4:

RamesesII
2013-10-03, 04:29 PM

You'd need to go back there vlad and you might get very lonely rattling round all by yourself :cry:

mike1061
2013-10-03, 09:34 PM

I didn't know you weren't allowed, I just thought you were busy.
Why don't you just post them here?
Thanks
Mike

By the way, does that mean that Dino or DinoTunes whatever his name was is also prohibited?

vladsmythe
2013-10-03, 10:44 PM
DinoTunes wasn't prohibited to the best of my knowledge. I think he may have run out of content. Don't really know. It seems to me, the flow of stuff was altered over the course of time. My stuff stopped all together, due to my uploading ban. Some stuff creeped back in, but long gone was the Beatles wave, and the Western stuff that was so much fun, and it became very Bowie, Van Morrison, and other flavors of the week. Even the Stones stuff was waining, until the last 50th anniversary blitz. If you look at HC in a wide lens, you can see some big changes.

The Traders Den has managed to stay pretty consistant. The swells (I live near Santa Cruz) seem to happen, with an organic respect for each others tastes. Maybe the Red Hot Chili Peppers are flooding - then some Bluegrass, then Floyd, or Grateful Dead, but the balance is natural, and it's like we allow the different torrents to have their space. Pretty damn cool. The staff here deserves praises. The kitchen is clean, and they are doing the heavy lifting.

A testament to the staff, and some other collective community, or most likely both, that makes this place sustain. Cheers. :)

Karst
2013-10-04, 05:30 AM
Would it be criminaly illegal to call this soap opera?

No, your ratio is pretty criminal though...:cool:

juxtiphi
2013-10-04, 07:10 AM
:lol4::lol4::lol4:

Munichhilton
2013-10-04, 08:37 AM
Right upside the head...!

direwolf-pgh
2013-10-04, 09:27 AM
:4sale: *

* $650/month lease ~ qualified customers

Bugs
2013-10-04, 09:29 AM

Do you take Karma Points?

Karst
2013-10-04, 09:32 AM
Do you take Karma Points?

Only if they are instant. :cool:

arfarf
2013-10-04, 11:04 AM

I've already used up my Karma points, would Maxell "Max Points" or S & H Green Stamps be acceptable?

Karst
2013-10-04, 11:11 AM
would Maxell "Max Points" or S & H Green Stamps be acceptable?

Only if it includes Peter Murphy. :cool:

jrotten
2013-10-04, 12:01 PM
when we learned that the Tracker was in fact paid ahead.

Wow. So the bill has been prepaid and the whole thing is a scam? I loved HC and did donate after the last "shutdown". This saga is appalling.

:down:

MalFrie
2013-10-04, 12:45 PM
Hunger City?

More like....

Full-Up Apartment!

shakey234
2013-10-04, 08:50 PM
I checked it the last time it was down, and I checked it this time too.
http://www.hungercity.org is not down, and has not been down at all, at least not in 2013!!!!
All these links can confirm it:
http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/hungercity.org returns: It's just you. http://hungercity.org is up.
http://www.websitedown.info/hungercity.org.html returns: hungercity.org.html is up
http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?urlreturns:hungercity.org returns: It is just you, hungercity.org appears to be Online!
http://isitdown.us/hungercity.org.html returns: http://hungercity.org.html is not down
http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/hungercity.org.html returns: Hungercity.org is UP and reachable.
http://www.websitenotworking.com/hungercity.org returns: hungercity.org is working
http://www.whyismywebsitedown.com/www.hungercity.org returns: Your website seems to be up and running!
http://isitdown.us/www.hungercity.org returns: http://www.hungercity.org is not down
http://is-it-down.com/www.hungercity.org returns: www.hungercity.org seems up !
http://downforme.org/is-www.hungercity.org-down-today-for-everyone returns: www.Hungercity.org is up!
http://issitedownnow.com/hungercity.org you have to check this to see all the status results

http://www.hungercity.org/torrents.php is redirected to http://thehcforum.com/hungercity/lastchance.html/torrents.php
http://www.hungercity.org/ redirected is to http://thehcforum.com/hungercity/lastchance.html

If you want to know how to redirect a URL,3xx - Redirection read the following:
http://www.wikihow.com/Redirect-a-URL
http://www.websitepulse.com/kb/3xx_http_status_codes.html
Or read "How to modify your .htaccess file" here:
http://thehcforum.com/hungercity/lastchance.html/torrents.php

vladsmythe
2013-10-04, 09:07 PM
http://www.hungercity.org is not down, and has not been down at all, at least not in 2013!!!!
http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/hungercity.org returns: It's just you. http://hungercity.org is up.
http://www.websitedown.info/hungercity.org.html returns: hungercity.org.html is up
http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?urlreturns:hungercity.org returns: It is just you, hungercity.org appears to be Online!
http://isitdown.us/hungercity.org.html returns: http://hungercity.org.html is not down
http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/hungercity.org.html returns: Hungercity.org is UP and reachable.
http://www.websitenotworking.com/hungercity.org returns: hungercity.org is working
http://www.whyismywebsitedown.com/www.hungercity.org returns: Your website seems to be up and running!
http://isitdown.us/www.hungercity.org returns: http://www.hungercity.org is not down
http://downforme.org/is-www.hungercity.org-down-today-for-everyone returns: www.Hungercity.org is up!
http://issitedownnow.com/hungercity.org you have to check this to see all the status results

http://www.hungercity.org/torrents.php is redirected to http://thehcforum.com/hungercity/lastchance.html/torrents.php
http://www.hungercity.org/ redirected is to http://thehcforum.com/hungercity/lastchance.html

I think this is useful fodder for the HC social group. :thumbsup When HC comes back online I will upload this video.
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1939223#post1939223 ....in 2015....

Bugs
2013-10-04, 09:51 PM
I'm a little worried that HungerCity's fearless leader didn't post an update today.

Do you guys think that we should be worried?

I'd better send more money.

vladsmythe
2013-10-04, 10:56 PM
I'm not worried. I'm more concerned if I need to bring a portable HD to Portland next week. Dime is flooded with Dylan videos for a few weeks now. So much world to see, so many Dylan shows to grab.

Eriksnow
2013-10-05, 12:29 AM
DinoTunes wasn't prohibited to the best of my knowledge. I think he may have run out of content. Don't really know.

Dino was banned for

- making double accounts
- being incredible rude via PMs to a staff member (which was me). I even sent copies of the PM-exchange to other staff members so they could have a look at it too

Eriksnow
2013-10-05, 12:30 AM
Thanks everybody for your nice words about HC staff.
It's been great to read this TTD forum thread.

RamesesII
2013-10-05, 04:05 AM

Thanks very much shakey234. Wonder if he has a "partner in crime" as I doubt whether he has the brains to do this all by himself.

paddington
2013-10-05, 05:44 AM
since it is incredibly badly executed, I'd say he didn't need any help to accomplish that

RamesesII
2013-10-05, 06:08 AM
He still has at least one friend. Posted in the HC Forum this morning

Re: Hunger City Status - The Truth Unveiled

Postby bomba » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:18 am
Nah, ShaReeF no scammer.

:headbang2

AAR.oner
2013-10-05, 09:27 AM
Thanks everybody for your nice words about HC staff.
It's been great to read this TTD forum thread.

and thank you for joining us here at TTD, welcome :wave:

i was never a member at HC, not my kinda music...unless i missed you u/ling black metal shows from your native country :D

AAR.oner
2013-10-05, 09:29 AM
A testament to the staff, and some other collective community, or most likely both, that makes this place sustain. Cheers. :)

we sustain thanks to a constant supply of viagra :thumbsup

paddington
2013-10-05, 09:36 AM
TODAY IS 5TH OCTOBER.

IM SURE THE SITE NOW BEING MOVED TO THE MORE AFFORDABLE TRACKER SO THESE THINGS NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN UNTIL NOVEMBER.

Vergeltungswaffe
2013-10-05, 12:08 PM
Any hints on how to grab their odds n ends, for free?

Eriksnow
2013-10-05, 12:24 PM
and thank you for joining us here at TTD, welcome :wave:

i was never a member at HC, not my kinda music...unless i missed you u/ling black metal shows from your native country :D

Sorry for not sharing ! I'm afraid I don't have much knowledge about that kind of music.

RamesesII
2013-10-05, 01:28 PM
Here is part of Mr Bustani's latest shouting announcement in the usual garish colour scheme which fortunately copying and pasting leaves on the original page. I left most of it out as you've already seen it umpteen times before

HUNGERCITY UPDATE 5TH OCTOBER, 2013 (2:00PM EST)

DURING THIS WEEKEND I WILL BE WORKING TO MAKE THE BOX READY TO GO LIVE ON MONDAY. ALL HUNGERCITY FILES & DATABASES ARE INTACT AND WILL BE READY FOR USE ON THE NEW SERVER.

What I don't understand is - if the tracker was shut down because the October bill could not be met how is he able to bring it back if the October bill still hasn't been met - or indeed paid? :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

As the nuns used to explain when we asked questions during catechism classes "It's a mystery".

:dunno:

jmanproductions
2013-10-05, 01:34 PM
$600 a month for server costs? Even when we had two servers and an outside backup site, we were running on less than $400 a month. When things got tough, I cut the backup (after having our host verify the status of the disks on the other server for me to do the backup on instead). We are now running on a more powerful server than before (with RAID 10 and 8 GB RAM) and paying less than for those two servers. Are they operating in the US? If so, I really think they should contact our host, QuickPacket, and ask about hosting there. We've been with QuickPacket since we started and they have always been good to us.

Here's the post from lynne that I was referrencing, so folks can find it easier.

Yes, I brought this up several years ago (right before I quit my admin job at HC).

mooncusser
2013-10-05, 01:37 PM

kinda funny when someone gets caught lying and tries to make folks believe the b.s.
mobile PWing device

arfarf
2013-10-05, 01:47 PM
Here is part of Mr Bustani's latest shouting announcement in the usual garish colour scheme which fortunately copying and pasting leaves on the original page. I left most of it out as you've already seen it umpteen times before

HUNGERCITY UPDATE 5TH OCTOBER, 2013 (2:00PM EST)

DURING THIS WEEKEND I WILL BE WORKING TO MAKE THE BOX READY TO GO LIVE ON MONDAY. ALL HUNGERCITY FILES & DATABASES ARE INTACT AND WILL BE READY FOR USE ON THE NEW SERVER.

What I don't understand is - if the tracker was shut down because the October bill could not be met how is he able to bring it back if the October bill still hasn't been met - or indeed paid? :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

As the nuns used to explain when we asked questions during catechism classes "It's a mystery".

:dunno:

Ha! The immaculate deception?

RamesesII
2013-10-05, 02:17 PM
Ha! The immaculate deception?

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

mediaaddict
2013-10-05, 02:18 PM
@arfarf: Did you get my PM?

arfarf
2013-10-05, 03:16 PM
yes, sorry I haven't gotten back to you, but I will. It may not be before monday, sorry for the delay. I didn't get the sense that you needed this done quickly, and despite appearances to the contrary, I have a lot on my plate this weekend, much of it kind of a surprise. Once again sorry, and thanks for your help.

mediaaddict
2013-10-05, 03:30 PM
No problem at all and no rush at all. Hope all is well with you.

paddington
2013-10-06, 02:20 AM
and also with you

RamesesII
2013-10-06, 03:33 AM
and also with you

Go the mass is ended.

Thanks be to God.

The same nuns referred to above were assiduous in pointing out this does not mean "thank God that's over".

mooncusser
2013-10-06, 08:56 AM
to continue that line of thought, shall Shareef roll away the stone and HC rise again? in fulfillment of the totally b.s. appeal for $$$$....
mobile PWing device

direwolf-pgh
2013-10-06, 09:12 AM
you extorted users for money then shut down the tracker for more..
http://thelostclassics.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/bobcat.jpg
"..you don't know who you're messing with. Merry Christmas."

arfarf
2013-10-06, 09:24 AM
Hunger City: Sodom or Gomorrah? Could be a poll question.

Other contenders for renaming ShaReef's tracker: Sin City, Helltown and Camden.

mediaaddict
2013-10-06, 12:11 PM
Either way: both were destroyed because of their sin!

mooncusser
2013-10-06, 01:04 PM
All you need is cash.

I nominate GimmeGimme City for the new name.

JackDog
2013-10-06, 07:02 PM
Hunger City: Sodom or Gomorrah? Could be a poll question.

Gomorrah sodomized would be my vote, and it would also be a great name for a punk or heavy metal band.

RamesesII
2013-10-07, 08:11 AM
Looks like the heavies are being mobilized

Posted on the HC Forum

Re: Hunger City Status - The Truth Unveiled

Postby bomba » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:25 pm
Yo mr. gossip RamesesII keep it at your own crap and leave me out of it else. :roll:

I am, of course, terrified :hide:

RamesesII
2013-10-07, 01:59 PM
HUNGERCITY UPDATE 7TH OCTOBER, 2013 (1:00PM EST)

THERE IS AN ISSUE WITH THE NEW MACHINE, AS THE TRANSFER OF FILES ETC CANNOT COMPLETE AND THE ONES THAT DOES GO THOROUGH SEEMS TO BE DAMAGED. I HAVE INFORMED THE HOST OF THIS ISSUE AND WAITING FOR A RESPONSE.
SORRY AGAIN FOR THE DELAY, I AM SURE THIS IS NOT A MAJOR ISSUE AND WILL BE FIXED ASAP.

THANK FOR YOUR PATIENCE.

- SHAREEF

Well there's a surprise .................... :wtf: :faint:

Bugs
2013-10-07, 02:18 PM
THERE IS AN ISSUE WITH THE NEW MACHINE, AS THE TRANSFER OF FILES ETC CANNOT COMPLETE AND THE ONES THAT DOES GO THOROUGH SEEMS TO BE DAMAGED.

What people fail to realize is that HungerCity is not compatible with any but the most expensive servers that our money can buy. Asking HungerCity to run on a server that only costs $425 per month is tantamount to asking Shareef to drive a Gremlin instead of a Cadillac. I think that our good buddy yelled it best when he yelled,

THIS WILL NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!1!

direwolf-pgh
2013-10-07, 02:46 PM
dedicated servers go for $150 - $175.. and that's on the high side.

vladsmythe
2013-10-07, 03:14 PM
It will be a welcome relief when the site is back up and running. :) I'm looking forward to seeing all my old friends there again. ;)

jmanproductions
2013-10-07, 03:40 PM
HUNGERCITY UPDATE 7TH OCTOBER, 2013 (1:00PM EST)

THERE IS AN ISSUE WITH THE NEW MACHINE, AS THE TRANSFER OF FILES ETC CANNOT COMPLETE AND THE ONES THAT DOES GO THOROUGH SEEMS TO BE DAMAGED.

- SHAREEF

Obviously this is a unusual and completely unforeseen complication of a highly technical nature that we can not expect to comprehend.

arfarf
2013-10-07, 03:52 PM
Although I do not have the wherewithall to donate cash to that or any tracker, I did donate my time, effort, bandwidth and in some instances my own master field recordings to the HC tracker. I feel some, if not most, would agree that standing in the rain for two hours recording a blues show has some value, at least to the recordist.

I am appalled that such a recording would appear to be used in a VERY minor way as part of the come on for what very much appears to be a money grab. Unless it is proven to me that HC has it's fiscal house in order and everything is on the up and up, and I find that unlikely, I'll never up there again.

I am, however, looking forward to HC going back on line so I can drop in and leech my ass off.

RamesesII
2013-10-07, 03:55 PM
Well said arf. Your recordings are really appreciated. You are good enough to share them with the rest of us for nothing - guys like you are the lifeblood of the torrents :clap: :clap: :clap:

vladsmythe
2013-10-07, 04:05 PM
Well said arf. Your recordings are really appreciated. You are good enough to share them with the rest of us for nothing - guys like you are the lifeblood of the torrents :clap: :clap: :clap:

ditto. arfarf's recordings are awesome! :thumbsup

dasmueller
2013-10-07, 04:11 PM
^ indeed ! :clap:

Homebrew101
2013-10-07, 04:26 PM
Just listened to his recording of Luther Allison at the Up & Under again last week :clap:

arfarf
2013-10-07, 04:41 PM
Doggone it, this is just wrong!

While there is an old saw that says roughly: "Even a blind pig sometimes finds a truffle", my work runs the full spectrum of quality. Never had top shelf gear, though I did have some gear that fell off lower shelves, and ended up refurbished and at the Sony outlet in Kenosha, WI.
For sure all the masters that I upped to HC are total crap, not worth looking at, and each and everyone of them is available at other trackers

PLEASE do not praise them, or ShaReef will jack his prices up! :lol4:

Seriously, thanks to all for the kind words!

daddyray
2013-10-07, 04:44 PM
Arf tapes a hell of a show...I am not sure if he is a good kisser though :wave:

Munichhilton
2013-10-07, 04:45 PM
Dogs usually are...at least lickers...

arfarf
2013-10-07, 04:46 PM
Dogs usually are...at least lickers...

and the order of those events are key to them both being satisfactory

daddyray
2013-10-07, 04:47 PM
very scientific

vladsmythe
2013-10-07, 04:47 PM
I pride myself in grabbing every arfarf recording, and I am now so spoiled, nothing else will do. There, I said it.

CAF
2013-10-07, 08:09 PM
What people fail to realize is that HungerCity is not compatible with any but the most expensive servers that our money can buy. Asking HungerCity to run on a server that only costs $425 per month is tantamount to asking Shareef to drive a Gremlin instead of a Cadillac. I think that our good buddy yelled it best when he yelled,

Has anyone ever seen a photo of Shareef and Donald Trump together? Hmmmm......:hmm:

vladsmythe
2013-10-07, 08:26 PM
It may be time to pack up this tent, and start anew. I think we've said all we can about this topic, and it may time to build a new future. :rolleyes:

Karst
2013-10-08, 04:57 AM
Quick search on Findthecompany:

Hungercity Enterprise had $86,000 in estimated annual revenue (Estimated data).

:cool:

paddington
2013-10-08, 05:42 AM
those sites are funny

heyricky
2013-10-08, 10:29 AM
Good Golly this is my chance to become a Mod!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yea I forgot Shareef don't like me!:dunno:

overhead
2013-10-08, 10:49 AM
Good Golly this is my chance to become a Mod!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yea I forgot Shareef don't like me!:dunno:

Rock the casbah,Rock the casbah! :rock::rock::rock::rock:

arfarf
2013-10-08, 02:22 PM

Bugs, that pretty much nails it, except 2 minor points.

1. Surely ShaReef has his own driver by this point.

2. I doubt it's a Cadillac versus Gremlin, it's more like asking ShaReef to ride in a 2013 Cadillac instead of a 2014 model.

The 2014's are out, they hit showroom floors about the same time as this latest money grab.
Coincidence? :lol4:

arfarf
2013-10-08, 08:40 PM
The latest "last chance" message, same as yesterday's except for date and time

"HUNGERCITY UPDATE 8TH OCTOBER, 2013 (3:30PM EST)

THERE IS AN ISSUE WITH THE NEW MACHINE, AS THE TRANSFER OF FILES ETC CANNOT COMPLETE AND THE ONES THAT DOES GO THOROUGH SEEMS TO BE DAMAGED. I HAVE INFORMED THE HOST OF THIS ISSUE AND WAITING FOR A RESPONSE.
SORRY AGAIN FOR THE DELAY, I AM SURE THIS IS NOT A MAJOR ISSUE AND WILL BE FIXED ASAP.

THANK FOR YOUR PATIENCE.

- SHAREEF"

paddington
2013-10-08, 10:59 PM
no begging? :hmm:

arfarf
2013-10-08, 11:26 PM
no begging? :hmm:
Maybe that is the part that is damaged?

arfarf
2013-10-09, 12:03 AM
a later thought. Here and elsewhere, some folks said they had reported the HC going-ons to paypal's fraud division, and were urging others to do the same.

It could be that paypal may have shut off the tap and he needs to come up with an alternate loot delivery system before the begging recommences, although that is pure speculation on my part.

overhead
2013-10-09, 01:00 AM
This is a great story.
Should be a movie.
Starring Owemore Shareef.

Karst
2013-10-09, 06:50 AM
This is a great story.
Should be a movie.

They'd never get the finance. :cool:

Vergeltungswaffe
2013-10-09, 09:57 AM
It's back yet? FInally!

Bugs
2013-10-09, 10:31 AM
a later thought. Here and elsewhere, some folks said they had reported the HC going-ons to paypal's fraud division, and were urging others to do the same.

It could be that paypal may have shut off the tap and he needs to come up with an alternate loot delivery system before the begging recommences, although that is pure speculation on my part.

This is a great hypothesis, arfarf, and makes pefect sense. I hope that you're right.

overhead
2013-10-09, 12:03 PM
HUNGERCITY UPDATE 9TH OCTOBER, 2013 (12:30AM EST)

THE HOST IS PREPARING A FRESH NEW MACHINE FOR US, AND SHOULD BE AVAILABLE BY THIS WEEKEND. THE SHOW WILL GO ON FOLKS!!
SORRY AGAIN FOR THE DELAY. BETTER THE PROBLEMS NOW, THEN WHEN WE GO LIVE!
THANK FOR YOUR CONTINUED PATIENCE & SUPPORT.

- ShaReeF

PS. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY FURTHER DONATIONS UNTIL INSTRUCTED TO DO SO. THANK YOU.

Homebrew101
2013-10-09, 12:54 PM

I haven't read this whole thread that started in '08 but now wonder how many times in this threads life has HC gone down like this? :hmm:

arfarf
2013-10-09, 01:14 PM
I was thinking the same. I suspect that HC may be in line for Guinness record for tracker down time. At least one very extended outage is undocumented during the life of this thread, at least 4 outages are documented here, and at least one protracted downtime is alluded to in early pages of this thread as happening before this thread was started.

reb01501
2013-10-09, 04:41 PM
Gotta love that PS. "INSTRUCTED"?? :lol:

CAF
2013-10-09, 05:19 PM
Gotta love that PS. "INSTRUCTED"?? :lol:

maybe arfarf's theory about paypal cutting him off is on target

paddington
2013-10-09, 06:28 PM
This is a great story.
Should be a movie.

This is a great story.
Should be a movie.

They'd never get the finance. :cool:

:lmao: :clap:

arfarf
2013-10-09, 07:05 PM
" AS THE TRANSFER OF FILES ETC CANNOT COMPLETE AND THE ONES THAT DOES GO THOROUGH SEEMS TO BE DAMAGED." - ShaReef

I can confirm this, at least in part. I know when the does go through my garden they cause a lot of damage. One can only imagine what a few does could do to electronic files!

dazed64
2013-10-09, 07:37 PM
" AS THE TRANSFER OF FILES ETC CANNOT COMPLETE AND THE ONES THAT DOES GO THOROUGH SEEMS TO BE DAMAGED." - ShaReef

I can confirm this, at least in part. I know when the does go through my garden they cause a lot of damage. One can only imagine what a few does could do to electronic files!

Does are very THOROUGH indeed......course if they just went THROUGH it would be different ;)

Bugs
2013-10-09, 07:41 PM
It's a good thing that there won't be any bucks going through.

mooncusser
2013-10-09, 07:42 PM
I hope he gets it back online soon.

already looking forward to HC's next big outage - but can't do that until it's up & running again....

vladsmythe
2013-10-09, 08:14 PM
Beer City (Portland, OR) is more fun than HungerCity. Having a great time up here. :clap:

jmanproductions
2013-10-10, 08:03 AM
Fake 404 page is back up. much as I try, it's like a car crash that I can't look away from...

vladsmythe
2013-10-10, 08:27 AM
Is there any recent talk of a new site run by the old staff to replace HC yet?

Bugs
2013-10-10, 11:59 AM
Sacredtown (http://www.sacredtown.org/) is back up, so it looks like at least part of ShaReeF's new server is working.

dasmueller
2013-10-10, 12:28 PM
Sacred Town Shoutbox Shareef states Hungercity to be back tomorrow. :thinking:

shakey234
2013-10-10, 01:13 PM
The previous http://downorisitjustme.com link need to be updated to give the correct result:
http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=www.hungercity.org returns: It is just you, hungercity.org appears to be Online!
Here is a couple more links, all showing it's not down
http://isitdown.co.uk/www.hungercity.org returns: http://www.hungercity.org is not down
(it took me 6.51 seconds to check, if it is down for you, go shout at your IT support or ISP)<-don't do that, please!
BTW: The status code I got was 302 and I was redirected to http://thehcforum.com/hungercity/lastchance.html
http://www.hungercity.org.isdownorblocked.com/ returns: Site hungercity is now available!

Found this usefull site with a fitting name, http://www.siteupdown.com
http://www.siteupdown.com/www.hungercity.org returns: www.hungercity.org is Up! With Error! (I can't find info about any error)
Here we can sign up and recieve an email in case it is really down, if we insert our email address below "Notify Me When www.hungercity.org is DOWN and not working!"
Usefull even for Shareef in case HungerCity is really down and needs to be up-but-down again so we all can be redirected to http://thehcforum.com/hungercity/lastchance.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Emperor shivered, for he suspected they were right. But he thought, "This procession has got to go on." So he
talked more proudly than ever, as he held high the new machine that wasn't there at all. The show Will go on and on and on folks he shouted!!

vladsmythe
2013-10-10, 04:52 PM
Sacredtown (http://www.sacredtown.org/) is back up, so it looks like at least part of ShaReeF's new server is working.

Oh, that's right, all the HC donors were paying for a site they didn't belong to. Awesome! :lol4:

Drgiggles1
2013-10-10, 06:13 PM
:duh: Nice hush hush post :lol

arfarf
2013-10-10, 06:45 PM
The Hunger City tracker is now online.

Good now recent downtime counts toward Guinness record

Bugs
2013-10-10, 07:48 PM
:duh: Nice hush hush post :lol

Thanks.

I do my best.

arfarf
2013-10-10, 11:31 PM
I'm still hoping to hear something soon about the former HC staff group's proposed tracker since many days earlier in this thread, but they may wish to wait until they are online or ready to go on line before making any announcements.
I await this possible announcement with more excitement than the return of HC brought me.

I think the "former HC staff group" could use a snappier name, here's a couple of suggestions.

The Gone Mods - has a nice ring, describes the group, and kind of sounds like a british invasion group, all Mersey beat and Carnaby Street, this is my fave so far.

The Urban Flight Attendants - Urban flight was a term applied to the outflow of population from the cities, and maybe conveys the situation. Distant second on my list.

Your suggestion are welcome, at least by me, but the Urban Flight Attendants may now be bringing me a pillow, which they'll hold over my face until my legs stop trashing, lol.

ameyer17
2013-10-10, 11:37 PM
Shareef sent a mass PM requesting that we not send donations until further notice... something tells me the Paypal donation address got nuked from orbit by Paypal. They've certainly disabled accounts over less than this.
EDIT: The PM is as follows...

WELCOME BACK EVERYONE! HUNGERCITY SEEMS TO BE WORKING ONCE AGAIN. PLEASE UPLOAD AND/OR DOWNLOAD! PLEASE, LET ME KNOW OF ANY ISSUES. ALL DONATIONS CREDITS WILL BE PROCESSED AT THE WEEKEND. FOR THE PRESENT DO NOT SEND ANY NEW DONATIONS, UNTIL TO DO OTHERWISE. THANKS!

I still have a hard time believing that Shareef is a native English speaker.

Bugs
2013-10-10, 11:56 PM

And yet it is just that very thing which endears him so much to me.

:kiss:

arfarf
2013-10-10, 11:56 PM
Shareef sent a mass PM requesting that we not send donations until further notice... something tells me the Paypal donation address got nuked from orbit by Paypal. They've certainly disabled accounts over less than this.
EDIT: The PM is as follows...

WELCOME BACK EVERYONE! HUNGERCITY SEEMS TO BE WORKING ONCE AGAIN. PLEASE UPLOAD AND/OR DOWNLOAD! PLEASE, LET ME KNOW OF ANY ISSUES. ALL DONATIONS CREDITS WILL BE PROCESSED AT THE WEEKEND. FOR THE PRESENT DO NOT SEND ANY NEW DONATIONS, UNTIL TO DO OTHERWISE. THANKS!

English is my second language, by native tongue is western gibberish.

My mom used to work in the cryptography department of the Pentagon. I showed her a couple of ShaReef's posts, and she seems to think the breaks in grammar may actually be intentional, and represent a coded message. She's been working on this during commercial breaks in reruns of Murder She Wrote.
So far, all she has deciphered is part of his message of October 3, and that partial translation reads:
"HELP I'M TRAPPED IN THE BODY OF A MAN"

AAR.oner
2013-10-11, 04:05 AM

Does are very THOROUGH indeed......course if they just went THROUGH it would be different ;)

if Shareef will part with a small percentage of all those donations he's gotten to cover my travel expenses, i've got a few doe tags left for this season and will be more than happy to take care of that doe problem!

free venison jerky with every HC donation of $100 or more

AAR.oner
2013-10-11, 04:07 AM

My mom used to work in the cryptography department of the Pentagon. I showed her a couple of ShaReef's posts, and she seems to think the breaks in grammar may actually be intentional, and represent a coded message. She's been working on this during commercial breaks in reruns of Murder She Wrote.
So far, all she has deciphered is part of his message of October 3, and that partial translation reads:

:roflol:

tiglath
2013-10-11, 08:09 AM
As I cannot see all the board, I cannot evaluate the position. All I can say is that is that it is nice to see it back.

direwolf-pgh
2013-10-11, 09:19 AM
wait.. this site rips everyone off for years ~ the staff has had enough and unanimously quit
.. and you're glad to see it back online. I know some of you fuckers are weird but thats fucking funny.

resident
2013-10-11, 10:36 AM
Hungercity is up again

Bugs
2013-10-11, 10:44 AM
Hungercity is up again

I disagree.

The donatation page still doesn't work: HungerCity will not truly be back until it does.

vladsmythe
2013-10-11, 10:48 AM
I'm taking advantage of fast airport wifi to grab Beatles before it goes down again.

arfarf
2013-10-11, 10:54 AM
Whatever one may make of these Hunger City issues, and I suspect that we haven't seen the end of the story yet, this thread sure has remarkable legs.

Among the non-sticky threads, (preceded in the thread title with "Notice:" here at TTD), here in the technobabble forum, this thread has risen to #3 all-time in number of replies, and #4 in total views. A very similar thread on Hunger City, http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=88219 comes in as #7 and #6 respectively on both lists.
If one would add the numbers of these two like threads together, that figure would slot in as #2 on both counts, behind different #1 threads.

Wow! Well done to the many fine folks who have contributed to this work, it's been a team effort!

direwolf-pgh
2013-10-11, 10:56 AM
ehh.. :coffee: too many alias'

daddyray
2013-10-11, 10:56 AM
too much is never enough

arfarf
2013-10-11, 11:06 AM
ehh.. :coffee: too many alias'

Are you saying the number of replies are significantly inflated by posts from alias accounts? As staff, dwolf would know far better than I, but I don't recall, or on a quick peek see, many names with the telltale "0.00 up, 0.00 down 0.00 ratio" that I associate with most alias accounts. My methodology on determining, in my mind, who the alias log ins are could be deeply flawed, dunno, just a curiosity question, really.

cajun_moon
2013-10-11, 11:50 AM
Are there actually any estimates as to how much money this guy ripped off of the members of HC? I stopped using it years ago, something about the way the site owner communicated and interacted with users smelled very fishy.

Munichhilton
2013-10-11, 12:25 PM
Only ShaReef knows for sure...he never told us as staff anything about money...but then, I never asked. He was always pretty helpful in other routine matters until he disappeared leaving some to make decisions he should be responsible for...then after putting in all that time and energy that founders had he pulls the plug on the site for a third time!?!?

I'm over it...

lintoni
2013-10-11, 01:03 PM
Whatever one may make of these Hunger City issues, and I suspect that we haven't seen the end of the story yet, this thread sure has remarkable legs.

Among the non-sticky threads, (preceded in the thread title with "Notice:" here at TTD), here in the technobabble forum, this thread has risen to #3 all-time in number of replies, and #4 in total views. A very similar thread on Hunger City, http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=88219 comes in as #7 and #6 respectively on both lists.
If one would add the numbers of these two like threads together, that figure would slot in as #2 on both counts, behind different #1 threads.

Wow! Well done to the many fine folks who have contributed to this work, it's been a team effort!

Definite Hall of Fame material! Shame Technobabble doesn't have one, but there you go...

Bugs
2013-10-11, 01:11 PM
Are there actually any estimates as to how much money this guy ripped off of the members of HC? I stopped using it years ago, something about the way the site owner communicated and interacted with users smelled very fishy.

I think there are a handful of people who have an idea of how much money he took in during the shutdown before the most recent one. Since Shareef did not credit the donors, many donors wrote to staff to ask for their credit and, based on that (from what I understand) they were able to piece together a figure that was far more than Shareef alleged he had received but that, also, was likely less than the actual funds that he took in (since not everyone would have written in to ask for compensation and since it is possible that Shareef may have compensated some of them).

I have seen some figures and estimates, but I do not feel comfortable disseminating them here since my knowledge of the situation is indirect and because my memory has been muddled by drugs and alcohol.

I will go on record as writing that former staff members have claimed that enough money was taken in during the summer shutdown (the one before the last) to pay for the server bill for months in advance, and that, give the amount of money taken in during that shutdown, there was no reason that another shutdown should have happened again this soon (or ever).

Eriksnow
2013-10-11, 02:26 PM
I have seen some figures and estimates, but I do not feel comfortable disseminating them here since my knowledge of the situation is indirect and because my memory has been muddled by drugs and alcohol.

I will go on record as writing that former staff members have claimed that enough money was taken in during the summer shutdown (the one before the last) to pay for the server bill for months in advance, and that, give the amount of money taken in during that shutdown, there was no reason that another shutdown should have happened again this soon (or ever).

An educated is guess is somewhere between 2000 and 4000 dollars. Only Shareef knows the exact amount of course. As Blindwilly previously wrote, him and 6 friends, alone, donated 700 dollars. And HC has thousands of members. I guess when Shareef saw the money coming in, he wanted to have it shut down for as long as possible since so many good hearts were thinking "my God, it could be up to ME to save the tracker". Me and 2 other founders recieved a LOT of "I have donated but not been credited" PMs for months afterwards

I would guess that the reason HC went down the last time was because of me changing the frontside and sent out mass PM where I wrote that people should *not* be donating anymore (which must have given Shareef a long nose! ). After all, the shutdown came the same day Shareef found out about the mass PM I had sent to all users (the day he logged in again).

By shutting it down, he'd stop all discussion about the donations, members-and-staff-in-between and also be the only one being able to make a statement about this (which was IT HAS COME TO MY ATTENTION THAT A MASS PM HAS BEEN SENT OUT ASKING PEOPLE NOT TO DONATE. THIS IS TOTALLY UNTRUE! THIS PERSON WILL BE FOUND....etc...etc)

BTW, I was thinking the same as arfarf when seeing that the frontpage of HC read "PLEASE NO DONATIONS UNTILL BEING INSTRUCTED[...] "..... he must have troubles with his paypal account due to complaints. No way would he say that otherwise......unless he actually agrees with my mass PM all of a sudden :D

(pardon my English)

Eriksnow
2013-10-11, 02:37 PM
BTW, if Shareef only had been communicative and doing his share of the staff work, and also: don't take the site down and pretend he's broke.......none of this would have happened, even though plenty of us were suspective about him making some bucks of his site.

Eriksnow
2013-10-11, 02:46 PM
Why are some of the fired ex-hungercity staff guys washing their dirty laundry here in public?

If you are asking me (which I suppose you are) , nothing of what I wrote above hasn't allready been written/discussed in public on other messageboards, either by senior uploaders with good knowledge or other HC staff members, so I don't think I did any crime with my post above. But in some ways, you are right, I shouldn't be commenting anymore here (and I won't) ; but Bugs post which I quoted made want to reply.

daddyray
2013-10-11, 03:06 PM
there should be open discussion.....the aggrieved parties want to know what is going on....

direwolf-pgh
2013-10-11, 03:10 PM
I deleted that post Erik. Vergeltungswaffe is either incredibly thick or trolling - perhaps both.
We thank you again for bringing these events to light and informing the trading community that Hungercity is a scam. Do not donate.

daddyray
2013-10-11, 03:12 PM
on a side note I wonder how Grace would handled Rip?

Munichhilton
2013-10-11, 03:13 PM
Dammit...force of habit...I just donated $3.42

What the hell is wrong with me!

direwolf-pgh
2013-10-11, 03:17 PM
An educated is guess is somewhere between 2000 and 4000 dollars. Only Shareef knows the exact amount of course. As Blindwilly previously wrote, him and 6 friends, alone, donated 700 dollars. And HC has thousands of members. I guess when Shareef saw the money coming in, he wanted to have it shut down for as long as possible since so many good hearts were thinking "my God, it could be up to ME to save the tracker". Me and 2 other founders recieved a LOT of "I have donated but not been credited" PMs for months afterwards

I would guess that the reason HC went down the last time was because of me changing the frontside and sent out mass PM where I wrote that people should *not* be donating anymore (which must have given Shareef a long nose! ). After all, the shutdown came the same day Shareef found out about the mass PM I had sent to all users (the day he logged in again).

By shutting it down, he'd stop all discussion about the donations, members-and-staff-in-between and also be the only one being able to make a statement about this (which was IT HAS COME TO MY ATTENTION THAT A MASS PM HAS BEEN SENT OUT ASKING PEOPLE NOT TO DONATE. THIS IS TOTALLY UNTRUE! THIS PERSON WILL BE FOUND....etc...etc)

BTW, I was thinking the same as arfarf when seeing that the frontpage of HC read "PLEASE NO DONATIONS UNTILL BEING INSTRUCTED[...] "..... he must have troubles with his paypal account due to complaints. No way would he say that otherwise......unless he actually agrees with my mass PM all of a sudden :D

(pardon my English)

:bump:

Eriksnow
2013-10-11, 03:18 PM
there should be open discussion.....the aggrieved parties want to know what is going on....

I think it's good to be open. It's not like us staff members had classified information about anything. Heck we were being completely shut off from the economical side of the tracker. My work on HC was completely on the musical side; and the ratio/user-problems side of it. Therefor I think I'm allowed to comment on this.

Besides, a tracker consists of users, users, users and admin. It's of common interest for everyone of them/us to know for everybody what actually goes down (apart from giving out full names, addresses, etc). When keeping things of common interest a "secret" , scenarios like this recent one will eventually occour.

OK, I made another post. I'll stop now :cool:

Eriksnow
2013-10-11, 03:23 PM
I deleted that post Erik. Vergeltungswaffe is either incredibly thick or trolling - perhaps both.
We thank you again for bringing these events to light and informing the trading community that Hungercity is a scam. Do not donate.

Thanks for that, direwolf; suddenly I got concerned if I was being unethical here, after his post. After 2 minutes of thinking....I got my brains together and wrote that reply to daddyray, which is a reply to Vergeltungswaffe also

BTW; of course I did sign that mass PM with my name, it would be *unethical* to not do that ;-)

RamesesII
2013-10-11, 04:16 PM
Good to see your comments here Erik. 100% behind you. I certainly won't be running back to the HC tracker.

mooncusser
2013-10-11, 06:07 PM

:roflol: :roflol:

paddington
2013-10-11, 09:26 PM
"Vergeltungswaffe" refers to weapons used for payback, or roughly that.

troll

paddington
2013-10-11, 09:30 PM
I'm still hoping to hear something soon about the former HC staff group's proposed tracker since many days earlier in this thread, but they may wish to wait until they are online or ready to go on line before making any announcements.
I await this possible announcement with more excitement than the return of HC brought me.

I think the "former HC staff group" could use a snappier name, here's a couple of suggestions.

The Gone Mods - has a nice ring, describes the group, and kind of sounds like a british invasion group, all Mersey beat and Carnaby Street, this is my fave so far.

The Urban Flight Attendants - Urban flight was a term applied to the outflow of population from the cities, and maybe conveys the situation. Distant second on my list.

Your suggestion are welcome, at least by me, but the Urban Flight Attendants may now be bringing me a pillow, which they'll hold over my face until my legs stop trashing, lol.

no offense meant to you, arfarf, but those names are all just as awful as "Hunger City" :D :wave:

Bugs
2013-10-11, 09:59 PM
"Vergeltungswaffe" refers to weapons used for payback, or roughly that.

A screaming comes across the sky.

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::whip:

vladsmythe
2013-10-11, 10:53 PM
There is a worthy Beatles torrent there now, so maybe good things will happen for a change.

RamesesII
2013-10-12, 04:54 AM
I'm now demoted at HC from Senior Uploader to Uploader. How devastating. I cried and cried and cried when I heard ...................

Odin, ne odinoki
2013-10-12, 05:41 AM
wait.. this site rips everyone off for years ~ the staff has had enough and unanimously quit
.. and you're glad to see it back online. I know some of you fuckers are weird but thats fucking funny.

The man asked you for money and you voluntarily sent it to him. Where's the rip off? The fact that he may or will have used some or a lot of that money for hazy purposes is a different story, but not a rip off.

RamesesII
2013-10-12, 05:49 AM
The man asked you for money and you voluntarily sent it to him. Where's the rip off? The fact that he may or will have used some or a lot of that money for hazy purposes is a different story, but not a rip off.

He asked for money because he said he hadn't received enough donations to pay for keeping the tracker online. When the donations far exceeded the payments due (even the exaggerated ones he claimed he had to make) he put it back online and then demanded more money as he claimed yet again he didn't have enough to pay the bills.

Now that is not just a rip off it's also a scam.

JackDog
2013-10-12, 08:15 AM
The fact that he may or will have used some or a lot of that money for hazy purposes is a different story, but not a rip off.

That's the dictionary definition of a rip off!

RamesesII
2013-10-12, 10:28 AM
HC is of course an org domain. Here is the definition from Wikipedia (the split infinitive comes from them Bugs so don't blame me)

The domain extension was originally created for non-profits, but this designation no longer exists and today it is commonly used by schools, open-source projects, and communities as well as by for-profit entities, some of which may use the suffix in an attempt to misleadingly suggest their non-profit status.

Last part seems to fit particularly well.

anglomuse
2013-10-12, 10:47 AM

I, for one, am grateful to be able to follow the saga here. I donated 40 bucks in total.

vladsmythe
2013-10-12, 10:50 AM
I am unable to donate, make comments, search members, or upload. So I have no dog in that fight. I just hope they keep torrenting The Beatles. :)

juxtiphi
2013-10-12, 10:56 AM
Ten pages of Beatles stuff at this site, no ratio to maintain.

http://rutracker.org/forum/index.php

vladsmythe
2013-10-12, 10:58 AM
Ten pages of Beatles stuff at this site, no ratio to maintain.

http://rutracker.org/forum/index.php

SOPHOS deemed that site hazardous. Besides, I don't speak Bulgarian. I strongly advise people not to try to open that site.

RamesesII
2013-10-12, 11:01 AM
SOPHOS deemed that site hazardous. Besides, I don't speak Bulgarian. I strongly advise people not to try to open that site.

It's Russian not Bulgarian and it's fine. Have downloaded a ton of blues and jazz which I've never seen anywhere else.

Bugs
2013-10-12, 11:42 AM
I'm now demoted at HC from Senior Uploader to Uploader. How devastating. I cried and cried and cried when I heard ...................

I just returned from having perused the HC site log — a thing of beauty.

:clap:

Karst
2013-10-12, 11:45 AM
users smelled very fishy.

Fishy ratio too. :cool:

arfarf
2013-10-12, 12:00 PM
It's Russian not Bulgarian and it's fine. Have downloaded a ton of blues and jazz which I've never seen anywhere else.

My anti-virus stuff which I would call "picky", raises no red flags for that tracker.

From my unsubstantiated speculation files, I see where a number of the HC staff that I think I can fairly say were part of the "protest group" of staffers, are online at HC, and in at least some small instances, some are back doing their old jobs.
What I don't see is any talk about the "new" tracker that group had mentioned.

The following is my own speculation. It could be that the unhappy staffers are working to "fix" the issues of accountability and reliability at Hunger City.
If this could be done to everyone's satisfaction, having a large and well established tracker restored and running properly may be a better result than having a new tracker try to establish itself, while an old tracker with a sullied reputation limps along.

All, of course, my own opinions and observations. ymmv

Bugs
2013-10-12, 12:13 PM
From my unsubstantiated speculation files, I see where a number of the HC staff that I think I can fairly say were part of the "protest group" of staffers, are online at HC, and in at least some small instances, some are back doing their old jobs.

For you to have noticed that, you would have to have been online at HungerCity, yeah? Perhaps they are there for similar reasons. I have not seen any of said staffers "back doing their old jobs," but it is quote possible that I have not spent as much time there as you (I am not asking for a report on whom you feel has capitulated and returned to the HC ranks). I think that there are a large number of explantions for why the former staff members in question would be there — "cleaning out their virtual offices" is one of but many reasons that springs to mind.

RamesesII
2013-10-12, 12:22 PM
Not only demoted I'm now banned. I cried even more ......................

I'd be astonished if any of the staff were enticed back.

juxtiphi
2013-10-12, 12:25 PM

Really! I've been downloading from that site for over 2 years and have never had a problem yet. My comp is clean, no problems what so ever. But just to make sure I also checked the page with several site checkers.

Web Inspector say site is safe.
URL Void says site is not blacklisted.
Virus Total says the site is clean.
Zulu URL inspector say site it safe.

As far as the language goes, there's a little thing called a translator. Its amazing, it allows you to see web pages in your own language!

If anything you should be advising people not to log in at HC, it seems the proprietor is a scam artist!

vladsmythe
2013-10-12, 12:27 PM
Likely the Senior Uploaders will continue the site, in spite of management.

Eriksnow
2013-10-12, 12:28 PM

There is something wrong with the "who's online" thingy at HC, if somebody has visited, it will show that they are online up to 3 hours after they have left

And yes of course I've visited HC after hearing it was up again. I bet most staff members have, that doesn't mean we do any staff work there. It's a matter of time before we get removed from that "staff list", but who cares
I have several connections at HC which I need to communicate with concerning things, and plenty of emails to save. Heck I even have my spare sneakers in there. And it's interesting to see how the site will run now.....how many that feels like uploading there after this last event.

>>some are back doing their old jobs.>>

Such as ? Just curious what you mean

And yes we have a new tracker up & running. Just contact me if you would like to join us.

arfarf
2013-10-12, 12:29 PM
For you to have noticed that, you would have to have been online at HungerCity, yeah? Perhaps they are there for similar reasons. I have not seen any of said staffers "back doing their old jobs," but it is quote possible that I have not spent as much time there as you (I am not asking for a report on whom you feel has capitulated and returned to the HC ranks). I think that there are a large number of explantions for why the former staff members in question would be there — "cleaning out their virtual offices" is one of but many reasons that springs to mind.

Yes, I am occasionally online at HC as Bugs speculates. I do not feel, nor did I mean to imply, that anyone had capitulated. I only meant to speculate that an "in house" solution to Hunger City's issues may be in the works.

vladsmythe
2013-10-12, 12:32 PM
There is something wrong with the "who's online" thingy at HC, if somebody has visited, it will show that they are online up to 3 hours after they have left

And yes of course I've visited HC after hearing it was up again. I bet most staff members have, that doesn't mean we do any staff work there. It's a matter of time before we get removed from that "staff list", but who cares
I have several connections at HC which I need to communicate with concerning things, and plenty of emails to save. Heck I even have my spare sneakers in there

>>some are back doing their old jobs.>>

Such as ? Just curious what you mean

And yes we have a new tracker up & running. Just contact me if you would like to join us.

PM sent. I have about 300 hours of uncirculated video looking for a venue to share.

Bugs
2013-10-12, 12:39 PM
Not only demoted I'm now banned. I cried even more ......................

Access to this website is a privilege, not a right! It can be taken away without explanations nor with any recourse on your part!

Disruptive behaviour in the forums or in the tracker will result in a warning (:kat:). You will only get one warning! After that it's bye bye to HungerCity!

RamesesII
2013-10-12, 12:50 PM
I'll probably be banned from the forum too in a minute - he forgot that. Here is a copy of what will probably be my final HC offering

Demote, Ban, Run Away - It Makes No Difference

Postby ozark » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:34 pm

You know every well Shareef that the only reason the tracker was offline is because you pulled the plug - nothing to do with lack of donations. You had plenty of those. The only reason you were hauled kicking and screaming to put it back up - with a plethora of excuses of course - is because Paypal pulled the plug on your lucrative cash raising scheme and you think they're going to be persuaded that you run a legit operation if you put it back online. As only you and they know how much cash you've actually raked in then that might be a little bit more difficult than you anticipate.

No real interest in you Mr Shareef "conman" Bustani aka Ali Shareef, your tracker or any of your other tinpot operations. You have, however, pocketed 50 bucks of mine and hundreds, no thousands, of bucks belonging to other people. I think that maybe a little word in the ear of your local police force in Maine is the next item on the agenda.

:going:

Bye, bye again I imagine. I didn't get a warning though before I was banned from the tracker so he broke his own rules with that one. The truth must hurt him more than I imagined.

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

daddyray
2013-10-12, 01:06 PM
very well not every well.....

but every well put :D

Eriksnow
2013-10-12, 05:55 PM
That quite a goodbye note, Ramses! That was quite a lot of torrents you pulled the plug on there.....2 entire pages of the "log" are all red :D

If anybody would like to join the new tracker of us ex HC staff, then please let me know. I won't post the link in public here in this thread, but if you'll get an invite.
It wasn't just arfarf (above) that could be a member (I had some questions about that, which is why I clarify)

Hope I'm allowed to say this on TTD forum.....that you don't have the DIME rules about mentioing other trackers! If so; sorry about that :cool:

By the way; we need a donation of £1750 to pay for the registration fee within the next week. After that, we only need a total of £385 each month.
This has to be sent to me, personally, in unmarked bills. ....oh, and.... : do not tell the other staff about this, just send me the god damn money.....!

Eriksnow
2013-10-12, 05:59 PM
Actually, it's not even possible to donate; no money is involved.

RamesesII
2013-10-12, 06:20 PM
That quite a goodbye note, Ramses! That was quite a lot of torrents you pulled the plug on there.....2 entire pages of the "log" are all red :D

It took ages - I started early and deleted over 260. I was worried in case Sheik Shareef came online and kicked me before I'd got them all so I had to leave my little deletion message until I got to the final 30 or so. Pity about that :arrow:

BTW I have a very handy little program which changes my IP whenever I want so banning my IP is a complete waste of time. Maybe I'll send him a copy of the latest HC page every morning just to annoy him :lol:

paddington
2013-10-12, 06:34 PM
I don't even feel like doing an invasion over there...

we're getting soft

Bugs
2013-10-12, 06:51 PM
Maybe I'll send him a copy of the latest HC page every morning just to annoy him :lol:

Love your new avatar!
:vino:

RamesesII
2013-10-12, 07:31 PM
Love your new avatar!
:vino:

I shall wear it with pride :dance2:

mike1061
2013-10-12, 07:47 PM

That's what I was thinking. I haven't been back, and don't really plan on it. Scaredtown, pisses me off, because I didn't know they were related. Not too much there anyway.
Thanks
Mike

vladsmythe
2013-10-12, 08:11 PM
Beware of official releases at torrent trackers that exist on the backs of donors that don't belong to them. Huge red flag.

Munichhilton
2013-10-12, 10:53 PM
Good enough...

reb01501
2013-10-13, 06:50 AM
It's actually a myth that Dime does not allow the mention of other trackers. What it does prohibit is the posting of information about where to get free official material. They don't care if you tell someone where to get the lossy audio or converted video you posted that got banned, but they will crack down hard if you say "this officially released video is available at *********". TTD doesn't have similar rules?

Eriksnow
2013-10-13, 07:44 AM
Thanks for clarifying, reb01501, then I, and many others have been incorrect about that.

Bugs
2013-10-13, 12:14 PM
I'll probably be banned from the forum too

Well, at least he left you a very sweet note to occassion the banning and deletion of your posts:

Mr. ozark seems downloading stuff from a scam site (HC), right at this moment doesnt seem to effect your mormal judgements on HungerCity. Not that you are the only one!! Oh well, signs of the times! Its a shame you have NO clue how servers work! Those links are indeed correct, HC was up and running, but the server access was not available to the public, as it was suspended. I am not going to waste any further time, trying to explain this anymore!

Thanks bomba, to go above and beyond to staying true to HC! You are NOT in the minority, I have over 300 messages to date, welcoming us back, and wanting to know where and how to donate. Of course, I have suspended any further donation for the time being. I will pay for this, along with two VERY trusted friends (not staff members), who had total faith in me and HC, for the time being!!!

-Shareef

He is one of the worst liars in the entire world; I'll give him that much.

Munichhilton
2013-10-13, 01:08 PM
Wait...ozark is a Mr. now?

RamesesII
2013-10-13, 01:56 PM
I must have had a gender change :D

The torrent client on my desktop had a whole bunch of HC torrents on it when I left home for three weeks plus and I left it running. During that time HC went down and then came back again so he was right that I was still active on the HC torrents - not by choice but because I couldn't get to my pc!!!!

I am now no longer banned.

Well there you go.

paddington
2013-10-13, 05:35 PM
that mother fucker is nutzo!

of course, he's suspended donations and is paying for it himself... he has to make it all look legit for the PayPal investigation so they'll release the funds they froze, eh?

Folks, a site distributing the performances of others only if they are paid and allowing you to get more music for money ('donations ratio credits' or whatever) should make you ill and desire to stay away!

Munichhilton
2013-10-13, 05:44 PM
I must have had a gender change :D

The torrent client on my desktop had a whole bunch of HC torrents on it when I left home for three weeks plus and I left it running. During that time HC went down and then came back again so he was right that I was still active on the HC torrents - not by choice but because I couldn't get to my pc!!!!

I am now no longer banned.

Well there you go.

Well welcome back then!

RamesesII
2013-10-13, 05:47 PM
Still banned from Sacred Town so I'll need to change my avatar. :lol4:

And I didn't make any rude comments about Sacred Town :hmm:

RamesesII
2013-10-13, 06:01 PM
Avatar updated. Now that's more like it. Much more dramatic than the HC ban :slap:

Munichhilton
2013-10-13, 06:04 PM
Have you signed up at the new tracker? If not I'll have to u/l some of your rips to keep your spirit alive...

vladsmythe
2013-10-13, 06:11 PM
I love the new tracker. Grabbing a bunch of stuff. Don't think I will be uploading any video, as there seems to be no demand for that type of thing.

Munichhilton
2013-10-13, 06:14 PM
I love the new tracker. Grabbing a bunch of stuff. Don't think I will be uploading any video, as there seems to be no demand for that type of thing.

You can't possibly know that yet...the tracker is only days old!?

vladsmythe
2013-10-13, 06:37 PM
Still banned from Sacred Town so I'll need to change my avatar. :lol4:

And I didn't make any rude comments about Sacred Town :hmm:

That place must suck if both of us are banned. Luckily, I can afford to buy music at amazon.com. :thumbsup

vladsmythe
2013-10-13, 07:03 PM
I had a warning deleted at HC, and I think I am close to having my uploader status restored. I think Shareef must be very desperate if he is even considering letting me share my stuff again.

paddington
2013-10-13, 07:33 PM
I do not understand why any of you are so eager to spend time at that place again.

Very strange, to me

vladsmythe
2013-10-13, 07:41 PM
Because the content is great, and the people are great. I made some nice friendships there. It was also a nice place to communicate with folks from England when we did our coast to coast walk across England two summers ago.

For me, Shareef making money is no more unethical, than traders at "Private" trackers exchanging commercially available music - and acting so high and mighty when they condemn Shareef. You can't have it both ways.

vladsmythe
2013-10-13, 07:53 PM
Plus I like TV videos...even though some esteemed traders make fun of them. http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1943022#post1943022

vladsmythe
2013-10-13, 08:49 PM
The cool thing about the new site - shoutbox, that allows felloship without dogma. None of the LL buLLshit in every shout....even some varied exchanges that don't relate to music per se. I like the new spot. Hope it works out fine for everyone.

Bugs
2013-10-13, 09:08 PM
I do not understand why any of you are so eager to spend time at that place again.

Very strange, to me

There's a Bieber show there that I've still not been able to grab.

vladsmythe
2013-10-13, 09:20 PM
I uploaded a shitload of stuff there. Dylan, Garcia, McCartney, Lennon, Marley, The Band.... uploaded 200 vids there at least. Content is king, and the tracker is merely the provider. I don't fault the best intentions, and generosity of the HC community. Making fun of HC is futile, if not pedestrian. Bieber is more a dime torrent I think...
let's make fun of dime now. ;)

Dan33185
2013-10-13, 09:55 PM
Anyone have an invite for the new tracker?

[email protected]

CAF
2013-10-13, 10:36 PM
Thanks for clarifying, reb01501, then I, and many others have been incorrect about that.

When I see a Grateful Dead torrent posted at Dime I routinely point out the links to bt.etree.org or archive.org where the same files can be obtained without worrying about your ratio. I've never had a mod at DaD complain about it.

CAF
2013-10-13, 10:39 PM
That place must suck if both of us are banned. Luckily, I can afford to buy music at amazon.com. :thumbsup

Luckily, I've downloaded and archived more music than I could listen to if I lived to be 100:lol4:

CAF
2013-10-13, 10:44 PM
I just returned from having perused the HC site log — a thing of beauty.

:clap:

Yikes! Someone's been busy :-)

300 deletions by my count

vladsmythe
2013-10-13, 10:52 PM
funny. :)

RamesesII
2013-10-14, 02:43 AM

Very strange, to me

Most are not really - just curious. Not much going on - all the really great uploaders seem to have fled.

Vlad HC does host a separate tracker for official releases and banned artists paid for out of HC donations - Sacred Town!!!!

RamesesII
2013-10-14, 03:46 AM
Yikes! Someone's been busy :-)

300 deletions by my count

Almost. I had uploaded just over 260 torrents which were still on the tracker. Took me all morning.

reb01501
2013-10-14, 05:53 AM
Plus I like TV videos...even though some esteemed traders make fun of them. http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1943022#post1943022

Did you post the wrong link? I see no disparaging comments in that thread. :confused:

nutzrocker
2013-10-14, 07:07 AM

Very strange, to me

My main reason for wanting to spend time there is to check that my account has been moved from the staff.

After my name being part of a mass resignation around two weeks ago, that was accepted, and sending an individual resignation PM over the last 24 hours that I know shareef read over 16 hours ago, I still find myself as an Admin in the staff sections along with all the other members of staff who have resigned. Very strange when I know it would only take a matter of minutes to change all these accounts to , user, uploader, senior uploader or whatever suited. They could all be deleted with a few clicks.

After everything that has happened I just wounder what is coming next :lol::lol4::disbelief:D

vladsmythe
2013-10-14, 08:40 AM
Did you post the wrong link? I see no disparaging comments in that thread. :confused:

No, I was bumping a very old torrent as an example of the type of video that I (and others) enjoy. In the past, these types of vids have been viewed by some as "clips" - as if a grainy, low-fi audio, unsteady hand held video is somehow superior.

HC had some classic TV music videos that I have not seen elsewhere. Hopefully, they will start appearing again at the new place.

Audioarchivist
2013-10-14, 03:51 PM
Well, I'm gonna go leech away any good ratio I had there, use up all my karma points and leech some more! haha

Having said that, can I get an invite to this new place? :lol4:

Bugs
2013-10-14, 04:47 PM
At HC, earlier this afternoon, I tried to follow the link in the FAQ which should have led me to the page where I could delete my HC account, but it was either disabled or has never been active. I changed my password to something insane that I will never be able to remember, but I know that, if I ever grew perversely curious about the goings-on in that pit of inequity I could also use my email to get a new password. Setting up a dummy email for the sole purpose of changing my HC email to the dummy email before deleting the dummy email seemed like an awful lot of work. Hence, this question:

Does anyone here among the [former] HC staff have the power to delete my account on the tracker?

I did the same with my account on the forum (I don't need that account deleted; Shareef will do that eventually, once he reads my posts). Since those HC accounts are dead to me, if anyone has a mind to send me a PM, you should do it at one of the three sites at which I'm most active, since I don't want to log into either HC site to retrieve PMs.

It's time to flush HC out of my system like the giant turd that it is, and it's time concentrate being a better member of the trackers that do good by their users.

Finally, I want to extend an enormous and heart-felt thank you to the great staff here at The Traders' Den, who gave many of us a place to excise our catharsis and regroup when we needed a safe place. You rule.

Bugs

RamesesII
2013-10-14, 04:59 PM
Good for you Bugs. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Maybe you could get yourself banned and then you can have a proud avatar as well :lol4:

vladsmythe
2013-10-14, 11:20 PM
Has anyone heard from LGT?