PDA

View Full Version : What's with Hungercity again?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

nutzrocker
2013-10-15, 01:26 AM
Does anyone here among the [former] HC staff have the power to delete my account on the tracker?

Bugs

:cheers:

Deleted it for you :thumbsup

Able to do this as on paper, I am still a staff member. Only because Shareef is now playing a strange game of not changing the accounts of all the staff members who have resigned.

By the way, he's gone AWOL again :lol4:

paddington
2013-10-15, 04:39 AM
he's just running the site to get PayPal to release his funds.

this thread has become boring as you guys insist on still using the site, even after all this guy's shenanigans.

RamesesII
2013-10-15, 04:58 AM

this thread has become boring as you guys insist on still using the site, even after all this guy's shenanigans.

Most of us are absolutely not using it although some of us are accessing it from time to time out of curiosity.

I will start uploading here when my desktop and scanner are back in action which should be in a couple of days. Have just moved house so uploading is impossible. Can just download a few things to my laptop - and make rude comments about HC of course.

AAR.oner
2013-10-15, 08:32 AM

its gettin more action than the Lounge tho...maybe a thread merge is in order? :D

Bugs
2013-10-15, 08:56 AM
Does anyone here among the [former] HC staff have the power to delete my account on the tracker?

Bugs

Deleted it for you :thumbsup

Able to do this as on paper, I am still a staff member. Only because Shareef is now playing a strange game of not changing the accounts of all the staff members who have resigned.

By the way, he's gone AWOL again :lol4:

Great news! Thank you very much, Nutzrocker. That makes me happy.

Bugs

nWo4Life
2013-10-15, 11:19 PM
i sure am hungry

someone make me a burger

CAF
2013-10-16, 08:03 PM
Has anyone heard from LGT?

I saw a post from LGT in the HC Forum page today (maybe yesterday).

paddington
2013-10-16, 08:17 PM
nothing from LGBT? :hmm:

paddington
2013-10-16, 08:18 PM

its gettin more action than the Lounge tho...maybe a thread merge is in order? :D

only with sufficient donations. These threads won't merge themselves!

LuvGlimmerTwins
2013-10-18, 06:05 AM
:roflol:

ZJLI
2013-10-18, 06:37 AM
Good Golly this is my chance to become a Mod!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yea I forgot Shareef don't like me!:dunno:

Probably because your too damn hyper!

ZJLI
2013-10-18, 06:43 AM
I'm taking advantage of fast airport wifi to grab Beatles before it goes down again.

God damn vlad, shouldn't you have everything ever recorded to VHS, Betamax or whatever by now?

:wtf:

nWo4Life
2013-10-18, 10:33 PM
i sure am hungry

someone make me a burger

im waiting

vladsmythe
2013-10-19, 12:44 AM
God damn vlad, shouldn't you have everything ever recorded to VHS, Betamax or whatever by now?

:wtf:
yeah, I do, or close to it. But The Beatles will never stop killing me. nor us, I hope

arfarf
2013-10-19, 03:48 PM
HC progress report:
October 10, 2013 tracker reopens
October 18, 2013 forum goes down - "CHANGING SERVERS ETC. WILL BE BACK SOON"
October 19, 2013 received first PM asking for donations

vladsmythe
2013-10-19, 03:55 PM
I was just reading the shouts at the other "Private" tracker...and it seems like it's running normally.

arfarf
2013-10-19, 03:59 PM
HC tracker up, forum not.

vladsmythe
2013-10-19, 04:00 PM
private tracker that is funded by HC up. :thumbsup

arfarf
2013-10-19, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the report, I wouldn't know, I requested that my account be deleted there, and it has been.

vladsmythe
2013-10-19, 05:21 PM
I was invited earlier today, joined...I think the guys at Electric Ladyland run it, but within hours after I requested uploader status my account was de-activated. So much politics, so little time to share music. It's a shame really. :disbelief

daddyray
2013-10-19, 06:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgQHZjAafo4

vladsmythe
2013-10-19, 06:28 PM
I think there are too many hinky people over there. :cool:

shakey234
2013-10-20, 12:11 AM
Too bad the forum is not up, so nobody can post the following question:
The HungerCity tracker up running, so why are there are at least 4 links with the Hostgator.com ERROR 404 - PAGE NOT FOUND message?
http://thehcforum.com/hungercity/.wysiwygPro_preview_a3a0c5f16d8fc1291da1f7acab28cbd8.php
http://thehcforum.com/hungercity/lastchance.html/torrents.php
http://thehcforum.com/hungercity/lastchance.html
http://thehcforum.com/hungercity/

Before I wrote that comment http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1939276&postcount=375 I was a Power User on HungerCity.
Now I have been demoted to User and I can't stop laughing.

nutzrocker
2013-10-20, 08:18 AM
I think there are too many hinky people over there. :cool:

I did put your account to uploader as my Admin status has not been removed there but looks like Shareef has bust you back to the ranks already.

2013-10-20, 03:20 PM
Just donate, amen.

vladsmythe
2013-10-20, 05:58 PM
Still banned from Sacred Town so I'll need to change my avatar. :lol4:

And I didn't make any rude comments about Sacred Town :hmm:
I got in and looked at all the "content" offered. Then within minutes my account was deleted by staff.
Go ahead...Tell me sacredtown ain't got no heart.....you just gotta poke around. :lol4:

arfarf
2013-10-21, 08:28 PM
In the last 4 - 5 days, at Hunger City, I've been demoted from "senior uploader" to "user", and now today, I've been promoted to "uploader". At this rate, I fully expect to be either "fairest of the fair" or "spawn of the devil" by the weekend.
Get your bets in early!

paddington
2013-10-21, 08:33 PM
you guys are like the abused girl who just keeps hanging around and complaining about the ongoing abuse.

I don't get it

arfarf
2013-10-21, 08:51 PM
you guys are like the abused girl who just keeps hanging around and complaining about the ongoing abuse.

I don't get it
Not complaining, just making an observation. I think it's funny.
I have ratio to burn there, and I'm going to. If I see something I want, I'll grab it. I've actually grabbed more there than I have any other tracker in the 4+ years I've been torrenting.
I don't envision uploading there again, if for no other reason, the tracker's lack of online reliability.
Never did send 'em money, and no currently endured change of rank has deterred me from doing all that I care to do there. Leech, Leech, Leech!

It's a tracker with music, I like music, what's not to get?

Maybe it would help if you thought about it being like hanging around an ex-girlfriend until you got your records back.

vladsmythe
2013-10-21, 09:12 PM
"It's a tracker with music, I like music, what's not to get?"

Well said arf. That's the bottom line. :thumbsup

paddington
2013-10-21, 09:21 PM
Therapy

MalFrie
2013-10-22, 01:17 PM
The Band? or You`re in Need Of......?
:imslow:

daddyray
2013-10-22, 01:19 PM
EL is down?? how wacky

Munichhilton
2013-10-22, 04:42 PM
EL is still getting off the ground...nothing wrong with making it perfect with a few tweaks...

Bugs
2013-10-22, 04:51 PM
I am hearing that the new wetbar will be très swank.
:vino:

lintoni
2013-10-22, 05:32 PM
:lol4:

So is this new tracker worth... nah... forget it. I've still a couple of years (at least) of music to catch up on...

Bugs
2013-10-22, 05:54 PM
Music? I only go there to play cards and ogle the waitresses.

Munichhilton
2013-10-22, 08:14 PM
The Blackjack is a wicked and foul temptress...and she's got a sister

paddington
2013-10-22, 09:22 PM
yes, the elusive WhiteJill

vladsmythe
2013-10-22, 10:04 PM
"May the four winds blow you home again."

Bugs
2013-10-22, 10:09 PM

She's elusive, but not exclusive: catch up with WhiteJill and you just may catch more than you bargained for.

vladsmythe
2013-10-22, 10:13 PM
Please don't post image files in the forums, as it uses too much data on the server. Funny though. :clap:

paddington
2013-10-22, 10:18 PM

She's elusive, but not exclusive: catch up with WhiteJill and you just may catch more than you bargained for.

excellent point, that is

Bugs
2013-10-22, 10:20 PM
Please don't post image files in the forums, as it uses too much data on the server.

I'll make you a detail, Smythe. You go back through this thread and ask everyone else who has posted an image in it not to post images, and, if they take theirs down, I'll take down mine.

Have a great night, pal.

arfarf
2013-10-22, 10:24 PM

Great vintage poster, hadn't see that one before.

:worthless

vladsmythe
2013-10-22, 10:25 PM
I'll make you a detail, Smythe. You go back through this thread and ask everyone else who has posted an image in it not to post images, and, if they take theirs down, I'll take down mine.

Have a great night, pal.

I'm not looking for a fight. I thought it was a cool post, but I recall a couple of years ago staff asked us not to post pictures in the forums. It was taxing the system, and it stopped. You are a new member so you don't know. I think it's a good post, but I think you should know that we don't do that anymore. I still think it was funny. :thumbsup

ZJLI
2013-10-22, 11:00 PM

Have a great night, pal.

I'm not looking for a fight. I thought it was a cool post, but I recall a couple of years ago staff asked us not to post pictures in the forums. It was taxing the system, and it stopped. You are a new member so you don't know. I think it's a good post, but I think you should know that we don't do that anymore. I still think it was funny. :thumbsup

:wave:

Bugs
2013-10-22, 11:11 PM
I'm not looking for a fight.

Don't be disingenuous, Smythe. Of course, you're looking for a fight, but not just any fight; you're looking to pick a fight with me. I stand by what I wrote before: go back through this thread, look at all the other images (and video) that people have posted, and tell me why you're calling out me and only me for having posted an image in this thread. Everyone reading this knows the answer, Smythe. So tell us, why aren't you calling out the good Mister Ozark, or LGT, or the Den's own mods — all of whom have posted images in this thread? Tell us.

Forgive me, but, since I saw other people doing it, including the people who are charged with enforcing rules, and since those same mods did not chastise anyone else for doing it, and since the software permits it, and since I see no prohibitions in the FAQ against doing what I did, I assumed that doing what I did was fine. Now, ordinarily, I'd be happy to follow the link that I'm sure you can provide to the section of the FAQ that explains how that which I have done ist verboten, but, unfortunately, I won't be able to do that because I am putting you on "ignore" now.

But, by all means, report me to the mods for my misconduct. I would gladly and happily and deferentially respond to their instructions and correct my alledged misbehavior, if, indeed, I am misbehaving.

Good luck, Smythe, and take care of yourself. I mean that sincerely.

vladsmythe
2013-10-22, 11:11 PM
this is for sure the best version of this show http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35952&highlight=essen+bertha

OMG give this one a ride.

vladsmythe
2013-10-22, 11:30 PM
Don't be disingenuous, Smythe. Of course, you're looking for a fight, but not just any fight; you're looking to pick a fight with me. I stand by what I wrote before: go back through this thread, look at all the other images (and video) that people have posted, and tell me why you're calling out me and only me for having posted an image in this thread. Everyone reading this knows the answer, Smythe. So tell us, why aren't you calling out the good Mister Ozark, or LGT, or the Den's own mods — all of whom have posted images in this thread? Tell us.

Forgive me, but, since I saw other people doing it, including the people who are charged with enforcing rules, and since those same mods did not chastise anyone else for doing it, and since the software permits it, and since I see no prohibitions in the FAQ against doing what I did, I assumed that doing what I did was fine. Now, ordinarily, I'd be happy to follow the link that I'm sure you can provide to the section of the FAQ that explains how that which I have done ist verboten, but, unfortunately, I won't be able to do that because I am putting you on "ignore" now.

But, by all means, report me to the mods for my misconduct. I would gladly and happily and deferentially respond to their instructions and correct my alledged misbehavior, if, indeed, I am misbehaving.

Good luck, Smythe, and take care of yourself. I mean that sincerely.

I would never report you to mods for misconduct. Just saying that they told us to cool it with photos.
On another note... I met a member from Yorkshire, England who wants to do the Coast to Coast Walk across England. Met him today, here on this thread. So this thread is pretty darn cool. :thumbsup

Bugs
2013-10-22, 11:31 PM
Great vintage poster, hadn't see that one before.

It pleases me that you enjoyed it.

Love you avatar, btw.
:naughty:

Homebrew101
2013-10-23, 09:01 AM

that must have been then and things surely are different now otherwise the Babe thread in the Lounge would have been shut down by now :cool:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-MNg5ezCHCRg/T0jzu5foLQI/AAAAAAAA2T8/64DeAvSadL8/s1600/Debbie+Harry+(23).jpg

vladsmythe
2013-10-23, 10:32 AM
Hunger City is running beautifully, with new content, and new staff. Electric Ladyland is now back up and running with lots of great torrents. :)

arfarf
2013-10-23, 10:34 AM
In the last 4 - 5 days, at Hunger City, I've been demoted from "senior uploader" to "user", and now today, I've been promoted to "uploader". At this rate, I fully expect to be either "fairest of the fair" or "spawn of the devil" by the weekend.
Get your bets in early!

UPDATE: My rank is back to "user".
The HC tracker is still up.
The HC forum is still down, but their crack staff is working on the problem.

vladsmythe
2013-10-23, 05:50 PM
"UPDATE: My rank is back to "user"." I don't understand that at all. You uploaded some great shows, most of which you taped yourself. Very odd for that to happen. I hope you can get uploader status soon.

paddington
2013-10-23, 06:22 PM
dear thread full of <pejorative adjective here>

it's because the guy who runs the site is some kind of dishonest megalomaniac wannabe

You guys' pages full of continual surprise reminds me of when women are surprised at getting their period each month. At some point, you should learn to expect it, eh?

mike1061
2013-10-23, 08:08 PM
I'd also like to ask, why don't you just up load stuff here. Both of you guys have great stuff.
Thanks
Mike

vladsmythe
2013-10-23, 09:23 PM
Frankly, between helping my parents as much as possible during their battles with cancer and the ravages of old age, as well as my quest to see the world, I have no desire to digitize videotape.

mooncusser
2013-10-23, 09:30 PM
that kinda talk is gonna make your Betamax deck cry

dasmueller
2013-10-23, 09:37 PM
Frankly, between helping my parents as much as possible during their battles with cancer and the ravages of old age, as well as my quest to see the world, I have no desire to digitize videotape.

Understood. Hope your parents struggles are as peaceful and easy as possible. :thumbsup

vladsmythe
2013-10-23, 11:43 PM
that kinda talk is gonna make your Betamax deck cry that's funny

Bugs
2013-10-24, 08:59 PM
No. I have not been hanging out at HungerCity, but I did receive a hillarious email from them today, which I have pasted below. I have changed my actual name, I have replaced sensitive characters that could identify me and the transaction with asterisks, and I have highlighted some of text with boldface. Otherwise, this is the email I received verbatim:

Subject: Reference: SERVER HC ORGANIZATION - Donation from Jonathan Dough ([email protected])
Date: October 24, 2013 at 2:16 PM
To: Jonathan Dough <[email protected]>

Thank you for your donation, Sorry for the extreme delay in processing your credits, but we need to know the email addy used to send the funds from PayPal... Thank you again!

On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 12:22 PM, Jonathan Dough via PayPal <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello HungerCity,

This email confirms that you have received a donation of $**.00 USD from Jonathan Dough ([email protected]). You can view the transaction details online.

Donation Details

Total amount: $**.00 USD
Currency: U.S. Dollars
Reference: SERVER
Confirmation number: ******************
Purpose: HC ORGANIZATION
Contributor: Jonathan Dough

Sincerely,
PayPal

PayPal Email ID ******

Someone really "need[s] to know the email addy used to send the funds from PayPal" ? Did this person ever think ... uh ... that it might be the address to which said person sent the email asking me what my email address is? Does PayPal not make it crystal clear what my email address is? Is there not (the section in bold) a link that leads to the transaction details? Is there something that I'm missing here, or is this person truly one of the dumbest lumps of flesh polluting this planet?

vladsmythe
2013-10-24, 09:47 PM
I never use paypal when I donate.

Odin, ne odinoki
2013-10-25, 03:23 AM
Better yet: never donate to a stranger.

MalFrie
2013-10-25, 05:29 PM
-And there is nothing "Stranger" than Hunger City! {Boom Boom} :lol:

daddyray
2013-10-27, 04:10 PM
SERVER BILL FOR NOVEMBER IS DUE. PLEASE DO NOT WAIT TO MAKE YOUR DONATIONS. IF YOU ARE STILL TO BE CREDITED FOR PAST DONATIONS, PLEASE ADVISE ME ACCORDINGLY. YOU WILL NOT LOSE OUT ON ANY PREVIOUS DONATIONS MADE. THANK YOU

PAYMENT FOR NOVEMBER 2013 SERVER BILL IS DUE
THE ULTIMATE RATIO BOOSTER FOR HUNGERCITY CITIZENS
Monthly Cost: $395.00 US Dollars [295.00 EUR] (Exchange Rate: 27th Ocotber 2013)

$10.00 Donated = 15.0GB + (400 Points) -|- $15.00 Donated = 25.0GB + (800 Points) -|- $20.00 Donated = 40.0GB + (1500 Points)
$30.00 Donated = 70.0GB + (2400 Points) -|- $40.00 Donated = 100.0GB + (3500 Points) -|- $50.00 Donated = 150.0GB + (5200 Points)
$80.00 Donated =300.0GB + (7000 Points) -|- $100.00 Donated = 400.0GB + (12000 Points)

PLEASE CLICK ON THE 'DONATE' BUTTON OR SEND TO [email protected]

PLEASE SEND YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS NOW
(We only accept donations via PayPal)

** PLEASE PM ( ShaReeF ) WITH DONATION DETAILS. OTHERWISE YOUR ACCOUNT MAY NOT BE CREDITED **
HungerCity Operates Fully Through Volunteer Efforts & Donations

(This is a mass private message sent to all members)

lintoni
2013-10-27, 06:27 PM
^^^
Good to see normal service has fully resumed...

cajun_moon
2013-10-27, 07:17 PM
So it does go on then? Incredible. This guy obviously knows what he wants. Or maybe HC is a professional psychological experiment. Something like: how long can you abuse users in a music torrent site until someone actually does pull the plug? For many many years, obviously... :hmm:

mooncusser
2013-10-27, 08:01 PM
those donations aren't gonna send themselves...

CAF
2013-10-27, 08:49 PM
The staff listing has been decimated. Lots of familiar names now over at EL.

arfarf
2013-10-28, 10:24 AM
Update:
Oct. 27, 2013 - Mass donation PM received, as described by daddyray above
Oct. 28, 2013 - tracker offline, can't connect.
Even the following link that showed hungercity.org online during recent shutdown shows it as down now.

http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=www.hungercity.org

dasmueller
2013-10-28, 10:36 AM
wonders never cease

MalFrie
2013-10-28, 12:10 PM
Has it Gone? Glad I didn`t send any Money!

dasmueller
2013-10-28, 12:27 PM
yes offline again

Bugs
2013-10-28, 12:36 PM
PLEASE CLICK ON THE 'DONATE' BUTTON OR SEND TO [email protected]

PLEASE SEND YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS NOW
(We only accept donations via PayPal)

If that's the address of HC's PayPal account, rather than the longstanding [email protected], may one infer that PayPal shut down the original account and, perhaps, this new account once they realized (or were tipped off) that both accounts went to one and the same person, whom I shall call, to protect her or his anonymity, "ShaQueeF (http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/member.php?u=269678)" ?

What also interests me is that the tracker itself is reportedly down-down. I wonder if he has been shut down, if he's just given up since he can't use the site to cash in, or if he went the whole hog to really take it off-line now that she or he knows we're all not as stupid as he or she is.

Poor ShaQueeF.

:boohoo:

Munichhilton
2013-10-28, 03:17 PM
I think he's simply been left holding an empty glass...

shakey234
2013-10-28, 03:26 PM
Shareef Bustani, it looks like you have made a minor error this time, your customers are not being redirected to your latest message or the Hostgator.com ERROR 404 - PAGE NOT FOUND message.
Remember that you have changed the link to your message from http://thehcforum.com/hungercity/lastchance.html to http://thehcforum.com/hc/lastchance.html.
That might - or might not - be the reason your customers don't see it if they try to connect to http://www.hungercity.org/torrents.php or http://www.hungercity.org.
I will post it here for you, so people can read it now, untill you get it fixed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HUNGERCITY UPDATE - 28TH OCTOBER, 2013 (12:35PM EST)

THE NEW SERVER IS EXPERIENCING MAJOR HARDWARE ISSUES. REPLACEMENT BOX WILL BE AVAILABLE WITHIN 48 HOURS.
NO SITE FILES OR THE DATABASE HAS BEEN DAMAGED.
HUNGERCITY WILL BE UP AND RUNNING ASAP! THANK YOU!

PEACE & LOVE TO ALL!

- SHAREEF
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://isitdown.co.uk/www.hungercity.org correctly reports http://www.hungercity.org is not down
(it took me 2.09 seconds to check, if it is down for you, go shout at your IT support or ISP)
BTW: The status code I got was 302 and I was redirected to http://thehcforum.com/hc/lastchance.html

As you can see isitdown.co.uk was correctly redirected to the new link http://thehcforum.com/hc/lastchance.html

Maybe you should have another look at the Hostgator tutorial on how to create a correct url redirect to your latest message and to the Hostgator.com ERROR 404 - PAGE NOT FOUND message.
Since the ERROR 404 message can be found there, you can re-use one of these links:
http://thehcforum.com/hungercity/.wysiwygPro_preview_a3a0c5f16d8fc1291da1f7acab28cbd8.php

As I am sure you know, the Hostgator tutorial can be found here:
http://www.hostgator.com/tutorials/cpanel/hgx3/creating-a-url-redirect.htm
Good luck with getting your customers to donate more money :D

arfarf
2013-10-28, 03:41 PM
now being redirected to the same old hostgator page, from which you can access the same message from shareef quoted above. Earlier, site was being shown down by that downorisitme site, now shown as up on same site.

Good to see the old place back up to speed and running normally.
Members are urged to donate using the new procedure: flush $20 bills down the toilet until the tracker is online.

CAF
2013-10-28, 07:03 PM
Oddly, I'm still leeching something from the tracker that is connected to and subsidized by HC, so the tracker is still running and files are being transmitted. Bizarre.

Munichhilton
2013-10-28, 07:45 PM
now being redirected to the same old hostgator page, from which you can access the same message from shareef quoted above. Earlier, site was being shown down by that downorisitme site, now shown as up on same site.

Good to see the old place back up to speed and running normally.
Members are urged to donate using the new procedure: flush $20 bills down the toilet until the tracker is online.

But if we use your proposed flush method, how will he get our ...oh wait...that's gross

rocketsocket
2013-10-28, 08:07 PM
Based on his track record (technical and financial), maybe he's been busy trying to fix healthcare.gov. :spank:

paddington
2013-10-28, 08:54 PM
maybe shareef is the webmaster of healthcare.gov ?

The new sever is having "MAJOR HARDWARE ISSUES" :lol
these seem to be scheduled at the end of every month.

dasmueller
2013-10-28, 09:10 PM
HUNGERCITY UPDATE - 28TH OCTOBER, 2013 (12:35PM EST)

THE NEW SERVER IS EXPERIENCING MAJOR HARDWARE ISSUES. REPLACEMENT BOX WILL BE AVAILABLE WITHIN 48 HOURS.

NO SITE FILES OR THE DATABASE HAS BEEN DAMAGED.

HUNGERCITY WILL BE UP AND RUNNING ASAP! THANK YOU!

PEACE & LOVE TO ALL!

- SHAREEF

we'll see :wtf:

UrbanSteel
2013-10-29, 03:13 AM
Message on ; http://thehcforum.com/index.php?&sid=0c9cf6180e3ce3d781c428b6b99a95f4 , date 10-29-2013

TRACKER & ARTWORK GALLERY FORUM
Support & Information for the Tracker & Artwork Gallery

Information

CHANGING SERVERS ETC. WILL BE BACK SOON

jabulon
2013-10-29, 04:09 AM
:roflol:

mooncusser
2013-10-29, 06:41 AM
can you believe the awful luck?
mobile PWing device

paddington
2013-10-29, 07:43 AM
CHANGING SERVERS ETC. WILL BE BACK SOON

:lol even he is bored of it all

Bugs
2013-10-29, 08:45 AM
REPLACEMENT BOX WILL BE AVAILABLE WITHIN 48 HOURS.

I bet he says that to all the girls who dally with other trackers.

What a charmer. :rolleyes:

paddington
2013-10-29, 08:49 AM
:lmao:

RamesesII
2013-10-29, 10:35 AM
Still trying to work out what a "replacement box" is :hmm: Must be something so technically advanced I could never be expected to understand how it functions :idea: Maybe that's the problem - he can't understand it either :wtf:

Peace & love to all ....................

arfarf
2013-10-30, 03:18 PM
The latest missive from HC:
"HUNGERCITY UPDATE - 30TH OCTOBER, 2013 (1:58PM EST)

THE NEW SERVER WILL BE AVAILABLE SOMETIME TOMORROW. WE WILL BE BACK UP AND RUNNING BY THE WEEKEND AT THE VERY LASTEST.
NO SITE FILES OR THE DATABASE HAS BEEN DAMAGED, ALTHOUGH WE MAY HAVE LOST AROUND 10 TO 12 HOURS OF DATA. NOTHING MAJOR OR SERIOUS.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE. PEACE & LOVE TO ALL!

- SHAREEF"

"Replacement Box", wasn't that Tom Cruise's pet name for Katie Holmes?

Homebrew101
2013-10-30, 03:32 PM

http://instantrimshot.com/

juxtiphi
2013-10-30, 04:57 PM

:lol4::clap::clap:

mooncusser
2013-10-30, 07:46 PM
PEACE & LOVE TO ALL!

arfarf
2013-10-31, 07:43 PM
From the "Isn't it tomorrow yet?" files comes today's "last chance" message from ShaReef, who it would seem was in a prior life either Little Orphan Annie or Scarlet O'Hara:

"HUNGERCITY UPDATE - 31ST OCTOBER, 2013 (7:42PM EST)

THE NEW SERVER WILL BE AVAILABLE SOMETIME TOMORROW. WE WILL BE BACK UP AND RUNNING, SOMETIME DURING THE WEEKEND.
NO SITE FILES OR THE DATABASE HAS BEEN DAMAGED, ALTHOUGH WE MAY HAVE LOST AROUND 10 TO 12 HOURS OF DATA. NOTHING MAJOR OR SERIOUS.

- SHAREEF"

mooncusser
2013-10-31, 08:09 PM
good to know it's nothing major or serious
I could handle one or the other - but imagine if it was both?!!?!

paddington
2013-10-31, 08:21 PM
just donate, please

CAF
2013-10-31, 10:25 PM
I think you forgot the smiley face or "/sarc off" or something :-)

overhead
2013-11-01, 05:25 PM
Dime's been down for a while - where do we send our money?

Daniel Brewer
2013-11-01, 05:40 PM
Dime isn't down.

overhead
2013-11-01, 09:18 PM
Is it just me says it is.Maybe my ISP are being awkward again.

shakey234
2013-11-01, 09:51 PM
There seems to be problems for some Virgin users, as you can read in this thread:
http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/bt-dimeadozen-org/conversations/topics/125954
Here are the posts so far:
chrislakin33:
Is anyone else experiencing problems connecting to the home page when using virgin media - I think this is the problem as I can connect using my mobile and dongle on my laptop, but I get a server is not responding message.
Richard:
Ah good, it’s not just me then. Not been able to access Dime since last night, no-one is uploading from me either which is quite unusual.
(I think he made a typo, must be downloading, not uploading)
kim.prentiss
I can't access Dime either through Virgin. It would appear that Virgin have blocked access to Dime. They did this once before a couple of years ago!...
Dan:
I'm on virginmedia and having no problems accessing the site.
VM did block a number of sites a few days ago including several torrent
sites, but Dime wasn't one of them.

juxtiphi
2013-11-01, 10:15 PM
Dime is up, I was just there :)

shakey234
2013-11-02, 03:03 AM
Dime is up, I was just there :)
HungerCity is up, but the server access is not available to the public, as it is suspended by ShaReeF.
HUNGERCITY UPDATE - 1ST NOVEMBER, 2013 (10:12PM EST)

THE HOST HAS JUST INFORMED ME, THAT THE NEW BOX WILL NOT BE READY FOR ACCESS, UNTIL LATE SATURDAY EVENING. WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO GO LIVE BY MONDAY.:nono:

- SHAREEF
Source: http://thehcforum.com/hc/lastchance.html

Shareef "It's a shame you have NO clue how servers work!" Bustani, you can take your peace and love and stick it up where the sun don't shine!

www.Hungercity.org was not down yet.
Source: http://downforme.org/history/www.hungercity.org-downHungerCity
http://downforme.org/is-www.hungercity.org-down-today-for-everyone
http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/hungercity.org
http://www.websitedown.info/hungercity.org.html
http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=www.hungercity.org
http://isitdown.us/hungercity.org
http://isitdown.co.uk/www.hungercity.org
http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/hungercity.org.html
http://www.websitenotworking.com/hungercity.org
http://www.hungercity.org.isdownorblocked.com/
http://is-it-down.com/www.hungercity.org
http://issitedownnow.com/hungercity.org
http://www.siteupdown.com

Re: Hunger City Status - The Truth Unveiled
post by ShaReeF Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:12 am
Those links are indeed correct, HC was up and running, but the server access was not available to the public, as it was suspended. I am not going to waste any further time, trying to explain this anymore!

Thanks bomba, to go above and beyond to staying true to HC! You are NOT in the minority, I have over 300 messages to date, welcoming us back, and wanting to know where and how to donate. Of course, I have suspended any further donation for the
time being. I will pay for this, along with two VERY trusted friends (not staff members), who had total faith in me and HC, for the time being!!!

-Shareef
What is the difference between genius and stupidity? Genius has limits. - Albert Einstein.
-Shareef
Topic locked by Shareef

Allthough Albert Einstein never said or wrote that, we get the picture, Shareef is not a genius!
http://shimercollege.wikia.com/wiki/Fake_Quotes_Project/Einstein/The_difference_between_genius_and_stupidity_is_that_genius_has_its_limits

2013-11-02, 03:45 AM
Golly good news!! :D

paddington
2013-11-02, 05:00 AM
I like the part about how he will not explain it anymore.

something tells me he'll be explaining something very similar around the 28th of November.

arfarf
2013-11-02, 02:22 PM
"HungerCity is up, but the server access is not available to the public, as it is suspended by ShaReeF.
HUNGERCITY UPDATE - 1ST NOVEMBER, 2013 (10:12PM EST)

THE HOST HAS JUST INFORMED ME, THAT THE NEW BOX WILL NOT BE READY FOR ACCESS, UNTIL LATE SATURDAY EVENING. WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO GO LIVE BY MONDAY.

- SHAREEF"

I also hope to have access to a new box late Saturday evening, but I have to buy it dinner and a movie first.

shakey234
2013-11-03, 09:05 PM
Shareef, I regret writing what you can do with your peace and love the other day, sorry about that, it won't happen again!

It makes perfect sense that you have to wait for the servers to go down, before they can come up again, and we all need to be patient. Let's hope it happens some day soon, so the people who donated can get what they paid for.

I have read your latest news:
HUNGERCITY UPDATE - SUNDAY - 3RD NOVEMBER, 2013 (12:12PM EST)

STILL WAITING ON THE HOSTS TO ALLOW US ACCESS TO THE NEW BOX. DOES NOT SEEM LIKELY THAT, IT WILL HAPPEN BEFORE MONDAY AT THIS POINT. SORRY FOR ALL THE DELAYS, BUT TOTALLY NOT UNDER OUR CONTROL.
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR PATIENCE. PEACE & LOVE TO ALL!

- SHAREEF

PS. YOU MAY NEED TO USE "F5" TO REFRESH THIS PAGE, TO SEE THE LASTEST NEW!

For all your next new messages from now untill the server down history shows that www.Hungercity.org was down, you should change "PS. YOU MAY NEED TO USE "F5" TO REFRESH THIS PAGE, TO SEE THE LASTEST NEW!" to "PS. YOU MAY NEED TO USE "F5" TO REFRESH THIS PAGE, TO SEE THE LASTEST NEWS!"

Peace, love and understanding......and patience to all

Bugs
2013-11-03, 10:22 PM
TOTALLY NOT UNDER OUR CONTROL

It amuses me that he uses the Royal Wee to call attention to his impotence.

Munichhilton
2013-11-04, 08:39 AM
What's going on? Is there a problem with HungerCity?

paddington
2013-11-04, 10:49 AM
nope, seems to be running as normal

important to understand what 'normal' state is, of course

Munichhilton
2013-11-04, 03:01 PM
whew...that was close...I thought they might be online again...

vladsmythe
2013-11-04, 03:16 PM
I'm ready whenever they are. Always looking for new vids to enjoy.

tiglath
2013-11-04, 03:31 PM
If this were turned into a soap opera, no-one would believe it!

Munichhilton
2013-11-04, 04:53 PM
Hey, most of America thought Fantasy Island was real!

dasmueller
2013-11-04, 07:18 PM
It wasn't. Aw man you had to spoil it for me. :(

paddington
2013-11-04, 09:36 PM

most of America seems to have voted for obama, too. Twice.

CAF
2013-11-04, 10:02 PM
"If you're happy with your tracker you can keep it. Period."

Shareef Hussein Obama, somewhere on the campaign trail, 2008

jabulon
2013-11-05, 04:35 AM

You see, that confirms Munichhilton's assumption.

Munichhilton
2013-11-05, 08:32 AM

You see, that confirms Munichhilton's assumption.

The truth is out there...

dasmueller
2013-11-05, 04:00 PM
maybe next Monday :hmm:

greenskull
2013-11-05, 04:15 PM
I'll miss the BBC documentaries and the Johnny Cash tv shows, sorry to see the once great tracker's agonizing slow death.:(

shakey234
2013-11-06, 09:48 AM
HUNGERCITY UPDATE - WEDNESDAY 6TH NOVEMBER, 2013 (9:12AM EST)

IT SEEMS OUR PRESENT HOST IS ALSO SUFFERING FROM BACK ORDER ISSUES. IF THEY CANNOT PROVIDE A NEW BOX BY FRIDAY, WE WILL HAVE TO LOOK ELSE WHERE. AGAIN, SORRY FOR ALL THE DELAYS, BUT TOTALLY NOT UNDER OUR CONTROL. BUT BE ASSURED, WE WILL BE BACK!
NO SITE FILES OR THE DATABASE HAS BEEN DAMAGED, ALTHOUGH WE MAY HAVE LOST AROUND 10 TO 12 HOURS OF DATA. NOTHING SERIOUS.

- SHAREEF
PS. YOU MAY NEED TO USE "F5" TO REFRESH THIS PAGE, TO SEE THE LASTEST NEW!

A site lists HungerCity's Internet Service Provider as LeaseWeb B.V. and the Registrar as GoDaddy.com, LLC:
http://cqcounter.com/site/hungercity.org.html
I have not found any evidence of a HungerCity connection to HostGator.com!
So why are these at least 8, yes that's right eight!!, HostGator.com! ERROR 404 - PAGE NOT FOUND links there, if HostGator.com is not the host?
http://thehcforum.com/hungercity/lastchance.html/signup.php
http://thehcforum.com/hc/lastchance.html/torrents.php
http://thehcforum.com/hc/lastchance.html/signup.php
http://thehcforum.com/hc/lastchance.htm

If you read the comments from July 2013 in this link, you can see that a few people had donated more than enough to pay for the server casts:
http://www.theneverendingpool.org/component/option,com_fireboard/Itemid,22/func,view/catid,6/id,93957/
At the same time on the thread HUNGERCITY LAST CHANCE!!! ( http://thehcforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=4687 ) several other(?) users wrote that they too had donated money, as you can see if you read the posts:
You can download all the pages here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/7f8kud

The thread "The Truth Unveiled" ( http://thehcforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=4793 ) I have quoted before, had several posts deleted both before and after Shareef's only reply. The topic was then locked by Shareef, making it impossible to post a reply to that. (Case closed!!)
All 3 versions of the thread can be found here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/wnt4rz

arfarf
2013-11-06, 10:23 AM
Could the forum, thehcforum.com, and the tracker, hungercity.org, be hosted by different servers?
Unlike most trackers, the forum and tracker at hc are not interlocked, and seem to me to be two separate entities.

U2Lynne
2013-11-06, 10:51 AM
Could the forum, thehcforum.com, and the tracker, hungercity.org, be hosted by different servers?
Unlike most trackers, the forum and tracker at hc are not interlocked, and seem to me to be two separate entities.
Looks like they are hosted by different hosts:

IP address: 184.168.221.13
Host name: hungercity.org
canonical name: hungercity.org
184.168.221.13 is from United States(US) in region North America

IP address: 192.254.190.216
Host name: thehcforum.com
canonical name: thehcforum.com
192.254.190.216 is from European Union(EU) in region Western Europe

bluzman
2013-11-06, 11:25 AM

tittays! :D

jmanproductions
2013-11-07, 10:43 PM
I think hunger city is down again....

vladsmythe
2013-11-07, 10:49 PM
Maybe if we all upload new content this thread won't be needed. :hmm: Seems like a good idea to me.

CAF
2013-11-08, 12:23 AM

it has been for about a week.

Maybe, if it comes back, someone can upload the soundtrack to the Broadway musical "Promises, Promises"

vladsmythe
2013-11-08, 09:07 AM
it has been for about a week.

Maybe, if it comes back, someone can upload the soundtrack to the Broadway musical "Promises, Promises"

Sorry, but I think that's an official release.:(
http://www.amazon.com/Promises-1968-Original-Broadway-Cast/dp/B00080EU7G

arfarf
2013-11-08, 12:05 PM
Anyone have any idea how long HC's current dysfunction would have to go to even hit the "top 10" on the HC downtimes list?

By contrast, the Internet Archive had a $600,000 fire earlier in the week and barely missed a beat. Perhaps some of the folks who threw money at HC could help them recoup their losses, IA is worth a dozen HC's, IMO.

https://blog.archive.org/2013/11/06/scanning-center-fire-please-help-rebuild/

vladsmythe
2013-11-08, 01:14 PM
Um....I'm pretty sure the Internet Archive has this little thing called "insurance". :hmm:

arfarf
2013-11-08, 01:19 PM

"What help could we use?

Funding. Your donations will help us rebuild the scanning capabilities in books, microfilm, and movies.
Scanning. The employees affected by the fire will need continued digitization work at our alternate location while we recover."

vladsmythe
2013-11-08, 01:21 PM
I gave them $100 (to help offset costs that insurance won't cover).

arfarf
2013-11-08, 01:24 PM
I knew I could rely on you!

vladsmythe
2013-11-08, 01:26 PM
Thanks. Employment is a good thing for society. :)

arfarf
2013-11-08, 01:28 PM
yea, retirement sucks, but I am making progress on my post count!

arfarf
2013-11-08, 01:42 PM
The latest update:

"HUNGERCITY UPDATE - FRIDAY 8TH NOVEMBER, 2013 (2:10PM EST)

AS OUR PREVIOUS HOST SEEMS TO BE INCAPABLE OF PROVIDING THE SERVICES WE REQUIRE, WE HAVE CONTACTED A NEW HOST, WHO IS WORKING HARD TO GET US BACK ONLINE ASAP!
AGAIN, SORRY FOR ALL THE DELAYS, BUT TOTALLY NOT UNDER OUR CONTROL.
BUT BE ASSURED, WE WILL BE BACK VERY SOON!

- SHAREEF
PS. YOU MAY NEED TO USE "F5" TO REFRESH THIS PAGE, TO SEE THE LATEST NEW! "

jmanproductions
2013-11-08, 06:03 PM
Edited because I'm all growed up.

Daniel Brewer
2013-11-08, 08:14 PM
The latest update:

"HUNGERCITY UPDATE - FRIDAY 8TH NOVEMBER, 2013 (2:10PM EST)

AS OUR PREVIOUS HOST SEEMS TO BE INCAPABLE OF PROVIDING THE SERVICES WE REQUIRE, WE HAVE CONTACTED A NEW HOST, WHO IS WORKING HARD TO GET US BACK ONLINE ASAP!

- SHAREEF

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/misc/Dog%20Daschund%20Reaction.gif

CAF
2013-11-08, 08:29 PM
Sorry, but I think that's an official release.:(
http://www.amazon.com/Promises-1968-Original-Broadway-Cast/dp/B00080EU7G

I know - I was making a joke about his eternal promises about the tracker returning

CAF
2013-11-08, 08:36 PM
Um....I'm pretty sure the Internet Archive has this little thing called "insurance". :hmm:

I'm sure the insurance adjuster hasn't filed a single form yet, if he's made an inspection at all. The photos are shocking as to how destroyed the buildings were.

His point, which is a good one, is that even with this devastation the internet access remained. HC has had no such devastation affect it - its problems are all induced by the behavior, choices and actions of one person (no natural disaster involved?).

Basically the archive lost a $600,000 scanner, and a relatively small part of their print collection that was being scanned. Fortunately the bulk of their print materials are kept in a different building. I don't know if the scanner was insured.

jmanproductions
2013-11-08, 11:04 PM
IA is worth a dozen HC's, IMO.

or a thousand dozen

vladsmythe
2013-11-09, 11:05 AM
I'm sure the insurance adjuster hasn't filed a single form yet, if he's made an inspection at all. The photos are shocking as to how destroyed the buildings were.

His point, which is a good one, is that even with this devastation the internet access remained. HC has had no such devastation affect it - its problems are all induced by the behavior, choices and actions of one person (no natural disaster involved?).

Basically the archive lost a $600,000 scanner, and a relatively small part of their print collection that was being scanned. Fortunately the bulk of their print materials are kept in a different building. I don't know if the scanner was insured.

I'm not making light of it at all. IA has always been a fantastic resource for so much media. HC, not so much, but I really don't care about the politics, or it's improprieties. Never gave a dime to them. As with any tracker, it's about the members, and HC has a lot of very good people sharing their stuff freely, which is more than I can say about some other places. Too bad this bad blood had to happen. Oddly, nobody complained about the monthly donations for years and years, just when it went offline.

Eriksnow
2013-11-09, 03:03 PM
Do you guys consider that crocodile on HC main page to be a male crocodile or a female crocodile?
I don't get excited sexually, about the crocodile, so I would guess it's male crocodile

Eriksnow
2013-11-09, 03:08 PM
I nearly choked when writing that post above, I never experienced food coming out of my ears before. There's always a first for everything

mooncusser
2013-11-09, 03:26 PM
Latest update: He has top men working on it.....................

HUNGERCITY UPDATE - SATURDAY 9TH NOVEMBER, 2013 (12:20PM EST)

AS OUR PREVIOUS HOST SEEMS TO BE INCAPABLE OF PROVIDING THE SERVICES WE REQUIRE. WE HAVE CONTACTED A NEW HOST, WHO IS WORKING HARD TO GET US BACK ONLINE ASAP!

- SHAREEF
PS. YOU MAY NEED TO USE "F5" TO REFRESH THIS PAGE, TO SEE THE LATEST NEW!

paddington
2013-11-09, 07:17 PM
Did you use F5 to see the Latest New?

Changing hosts sounds really expensive. He'll probably need more donations.

tiglath
2013-11-10, 09:02 AM
To quote a very old Stones song, " we are waiting,.."

arfarf
2013-11-10, 10:56 AM
Do you guys consider that crocodile on HC main page to be a male crocodile or a female crocodile?
I don't get excited sexually, about the crocodile, so I would guess it's male crocodile

As this croc is the main public face of Hunger City, we really do need to sort this out, so I've done a little research.

I called the reptile department of the fine local zoo in my area and asked them how you sex a crocodile. They told me "very carefully".

shakey234
2013-11-10, 01:41 PM
The daily (nothing) new:
HUNGERCITY UPDATE - SUNDAY 10TH NOVEMBER, 2013 (2:40PM EST)

AS OUR PREVIOUS HOST SEEMS TO BE INCAPABLE OF PROVIDING THE SERVICES WE REQUIRE. WE HAVE CONTACTED A NEW HOST, WHO IS WORKING HARD TO GET US BACK ONLINE ASAP!

- SHAREEF

"www.Hungercity.org was down 0 times out of 220 checks. Ratio 0% Downtime"
Source: http://downforme.org/is-www.hungercity.org-down-today-for-everyone

CAF
2013-11-10, 07:35 PM

When I think of HC's hard luck stories I don't think of "croc" - I think of "crock" :-)

paddington
2013-11-10, 10:30 PM
"www.Hungercity.org was down 0 times out of 220 checks. Ratio 0% Downtime"
Source: http://downforme.org/is-www.hungercity.org-down-today-for-everyone

and there is it is

He's hosting a beg / con page 70% of each month, it seems.

Munichhilton
2013-11-11, 11:22 AM
Don't press F5 people...it extracts folding money from your wallet while you wait for it to refresh...ingenious really, but DON'T PUSH IT....

RamesesII
2013-11-11, 02:22 PM
:slap:Well he sure showed us how wrong we were about him didn't he?

bluzman
2013-11-11, 06:10 PM
Looks like they saw it working...

http://www.demonoid.me

arfarf
2013-11-11, 07:42 PM
Looks like they saw it working...

http://www.demonoid.me

Oh man, that is scary. I thought I'd read at torrentfreak that the demonoid.me addy had been bought up by someone, plus that "demon" looks a little different than the one they used to have, though that may be my hemp addled memory. This may be a serious scam.

Also, the HC "new" is the same as the last last chance message reported, but with today's date.

arfarf
2013-11-11, 07:56 PM
From following the "how to get bitcoins" link from the demonoid link above:
"Bitcoin services are not highly regulated so a service can continue operating even when it is widely believed that it is insecure or dishonest."

This sounds like it might be a good candidate for the next HC money grab. I wonder what the exchange rate is, i.e. how many karma points per bitcoin.

I've already exchanged my karma points for upload credits, ended up wth a ratio of about 2. If HC ever rises again, I'll be looking to exchange that "2" ratio for a ratio of "1", fair warning.

jmanproductions
2013-11-11, 10:28 PM

When I think of HC's hard luck stories I don't think of "croc" - I think of "crock" :-)
Krok
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desomorphine

CAF
2013-11-12, 12:05 AM
Krok
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desomorphine

Sorry, my DEA license doesn't cover prescribing narcotics in Switzerland.

I was referring to this meaning of the word crock (sense 2):

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/crock

crock 1 (krk)
n.
a. An earthenware vessel.
b. A broken piece of earthenware.
2. Slang Foolish talk; nonsense: That story is just a crock.
[Middle English crokke, from Old English crocc. Sense 2, short for crock of shit.]

arfarf
2013-11-12, 10:52 AM
The new "new" same as the old "new", except for today's date being inserted.

As far as the drug, krokodil: "The drug was reported to have "flesh-eating" properties, causing open wounds around the injection site." If it had "cash-eating" properties, I could see where it would appeal to ShaReef, however I think he would be more likely to be a bath salt "plugger".

RamesesII
2013-11-12, 11:30 AM
New what? Nothing but the same old tired excuses as far as I can see .........

arfarf
2013-11-14, 01:23 PM
The latest "new".

"HUNGERCITY UPDATE - 14TH NOVEMBER (THURS) 2013 - (11:20AM EST)

FULL SERVER PAYMENT HAS NOW BEEN PAID BY ME TO THE NEW HOST. THE REFUND OF THE PAYMENT MADE TO THE OLD HOST, MIGHT TAKE WEEKS, IF EVER. WE WILL HAVE ACCESS TO THE NEW BOX BY THE WEEKEND, AND WE WILL BE BACK ONLINE VERY SOON AFTER THAT!
IN THE MEANTIME, WE HAVE BEEN WORKING ON REORGANIZING THE FORUM AND ARTWORK GALLERY. THEY WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR USE ONCE THE TRACKER IS READY!
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR PATIENCE & WORDS OF SUPPORT.
PEACE & LOVE TO ALL!

- SHAREEF

Just my opinion of course, but it sounds like a little purging is underway in the forum, I believe that is SOP after a coup or coup attempt, controlling the media, rewriting the history.

juxtiphi
2013-11-14, 02:18 PM
Cant wait for the weekend!!!

vladsmythe
2013-11-14, 02:25 PM
It will be nice if they really get back up again. I enjoy the material that HC offers, especially the BBC videos and such.

arfarf
2013-11-14, 02:50 PM
Cant wait for the weekend!!!

You need to reread the latest "new". They only first get access to the "new box" this weekend, best case scenario would have HC back up the early part of next week, and little there has happened in accordance to a "best case scenario".

I strongly suspect that every week the place is offline, a few more of the uploaders that were there will have found a new home. It will take months of continuous "uptime" before HC becomes more than a shadow of it's former self, imo.

As no mention of "fixing" fiscal issues and transparency have been mentioned, some uploaders will never return regardless of whether or not HC is able to stay online in a reliable manner.

That the forum may actually come back online after an even longer downtime is good news to me, as It will make it possible for me to delete my account there. I would just as soon not have my name associated with that place.

ymmv

juxtiphi
2013-11-14, 03:44 PM
I was being sarcastic ;) :lol4: I have no expectations what so ever :cool:

vladsmythe
2013-11-14, 03:48 PM
I have no expectations either, but when something nice is offered there, I'll be grabbing it and appreciating it.

RamesesII
2013-11-14, 03:53 PM
THE REFUND OF THE PAYMENT MADE TO THE OLD HOST, MIGHT TAKE WEEKS, IF EVER.

The fate of all our donations springs to mind ..........................

I really wish he'd learn not to shout - it's doing my head in :help:

arfarf
2013-11-14, 05:55 PM
I thought the fact that he's paid money for something that didn't deliver seemed to be an interesting new application of karma points, they may not be "instant', but they do seem to add up.

mooncusser
2013-11-14, 08:27 PM
:popcorn:

Bugs
2013-11-14, 09:45 PM
"HUNGERCITY UPDATE - 14TH NOVEMBER (THURS) 2013 - (11:20AM EST)

FULL SERVER PAYMENT HAS NOW BEEN PAID BY ME TO THE NEW HOSTESS. THE REFUND OF THE PAYMENT MADE TO THE OLD HOS, MIGHT TAKE WEEKS, IF EVER. WE WILL HAVE ACCESS TO THE NEW BOX BY THE WEEKEND, AND WE WILL BE BACK INSIDE VERY SOON AFTER THAT!
IN THE MEANTIME, WE HAVE BEEN WORKING ON REORGANIZING THE "ARTWORK" GALLERY. THEY WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR USE ONCE "BIG SHAREEF" IS READY!
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR PAY CHECKS & UNDERGARMENTS OF SUPPORT.
PIECE OF LOVE TO AL!

:bs:

CAF
2013-11-14, 10:08 PM
I thought the fact that he's paid money for something that didn't deliver seemed to be an interesting new application of karma points, they may not be "instant', but they do seem to add up.

Not exactly karma - he paid with OPM (other people's money)

CAF
2013-11-14, 10:09 PM
I have no expectations either, but when something nice is offered there, I'll be grabbing it and appreciating it.

I agree.

arfarf
2013-11-15, 04:43 PM
Today's "NEW" still the same as reported earlier except for bearing today's date and a time of 12:40PM EST

Sing it with me,
"Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're only a day away." - Annie, the musical

myshadow
2013-11-15, 05:59 PM
The same holds true for Sacred Town?:hmm:

paddington
2013-11-15, 09:50 PM
Sacred Town is a stupid name. Almost as bad as Hunger City

CAF
2013-11-15, 11:21 PM
Sacred Town is a stupid name. Almost as bad as Hunger City

Agreed.

RamesesII
2013-11-16, 07:47 AM
:peace: Peace and Love To All :finger:

Eriksnow
2013-11-16, 08:07 AM
Nevermind my previous post. I do get sexually excited about the crocodile at this time. Male or female......who cares? But I guess my judgement has been ruined after reading Vladimir Nabokov's "Lolita"......
Terrific book, Nabokov is a maestro when it comes to putting thoughts into words. One of the best writers of "our time" for sure.
The description of the child-molestors mind is so good that I even get sympathy for the guy and wish he succeeds in getting into her trousers.

I will not tolerate any attacks on me concerning this post of mine. My post is about the art of literature, not sex to young children in general

Eriksnow
2013-11-16, 08:11 AM
To Vlad: you are not just "unable to log on" to ElectricLadyland
You are banned. The *only* person ever banned from our site.
That takes something. Good riddance.

vladsmythe
2013-11-16, 10:52 AM
I'm very sorry to hear that Eric. I enjoyed the new venue, and all the terrific members who made it such a nice place to share and exchange not just music, but fellowship. I am proud to have contributed video to the project, and wish everyone nothing but the best. I hope ElectricLadyland will continue to grow, and thrive for years to come. My very best to you, the hard working staff, and every member there.

Bugs
2013-11-16, 02:06 PM
Nevermind my previous post. I do get sexually excited about the crocodile at this time. Male or female......who cares? But I guess my judgement has been ruined after reading Vladimir Nabokov's "Lolita"......
Terrific book, Nabokov is a maestro when it comes to putting thoughts into words. One of the best writers of "our time" for sure.
The description of the child-molestors mind is so good that I even get sympathy for the guy and wish he succeeds in getting into her trousers.

I will not tolerate any attacks on me concerning this post of mine. My post is about the art of literature, not sex to young children in general

A student once spied a Nabokov book on my desk and said, "That's the guy in that one Police song." Before I could reply, he informed me, "The Police was a band from the eighties that Sting was in."

aikowolf
2013-11-16, 02:49 PM
Dayum - ewe gots sum smrt kids u teech :wtf:

juxtiphi
2013-11-16, 02:58 PM
Anybody got the link for Electricladyland? google shows a thousand jimi hemdrix results and none for ELtracker. Had a link in my dime pms but deleted it by mistake.

Bugs
2013-11-16, 03:03 PM
Lo. Lee. Ta. (http://electricladyland.synology.me/index.php)

Bugs
2013-11-16, 03:07 PM
A student once spied a Nabokov book on my desk and said, "That's the guy in that one Police song." Before I could reply, he informed me, "The Police was a band from the eighties that Sting was in."

This was years ago and at a university far, far away, but, if I rightly recall, he was one of the sharper rocks in the bed of the dump truck. I think that he may have even earned F+ in my class — no small trick, that.

juxtiphi
2013-11-16, 04:05 PM
Lo. Lee. Ta. (http://electricladyland.synology.me/index.php)

lolita :lol4: Thanks Bugs

arfarf
2013-11-16, 05:16 PM
The latest "NEW", same as the last few "NEW", except this one comes from the future:

"HUNGERCITY UPDATE - 16TH NOVEMBER (SAT) 2013 - (7:30PM EST)

FULL SERVER PAYMENT HAS NOW BEEN PAID BY ME TO THE NEW HOST. THE REFUND OF THE PAYMENT MADE TO THE OLD HOST, MIGHT TAKE WEEKS, IF EVER. WE WILL HAVE ACCESS TO THE NEW BOX BY THE WEEKEND, AND WE WILL BE BACK ONLINE VERY SOON AFTER THAT!
IN THE MEANTIME, WE HAVE BEEN WORKING ON REORGANIZING THE FORUM AND ARTWORK GALLERY. THEY WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR USE ONCE THE TRACKER IS READY!
PEACE & LOVE TO ALL!

- SHAREEF

shakey234
2013-11-16, 07:47 PM
The new "NEW":
HUNGERCITY UPDATE - 17TH NOVEMBER (SUN) 2013 - (8:05PM EST)

FULL SERVER PAYMENT HAS NOW BEEN PAID BY ME TO THE NEW HOST. THE REFUND OF THE PAYMENT MADE TO THE OLD HOST, MIGHT TAKE WEEKS, IF EVER. WE WILL HAVE ACCESS TO THE NEW BOX BY THE 21ST NOVEMBER, AND WE WILL BE BACK ONLINE VERY SOON AFTER THAT!
PEACE & LOVE TO ALL!

- SHAREEF

This may (or may not) be the complete list of links to the HostGator.com! ERROR 404 - PAGE NOT FOUND pages:
http://thehcforum.com/hc/function.require
http://thehcforum.com/hc/include/function.require
http://thehcforum.com/hc/include/function.require-once
http://thehcforum.com/hc/lastchance.htm
http://thehcforum.com/hc/lastchance.html/log.php
http://thehcforum.com/hc/lastchance.html/privacy_policy.php
http://thehcforum.com/hc/lastchance.html/signup.php
http://thehcforum.com/hc/lastchance.html/torrents.php
http://thehcforum.com/hungercity/function.require
http://thehcforum.com/hungercity/include/function.require-once
http://thehcforum.com/hungercity/lastchance.html/log.php
http://thehcforum.com/hungercity/lastchance.html/privacy_policy.php
http://thehcforum.com/hungercity/lastchance.html/signup.php

"www.Hungercity.org was down 0 times out of 410 checks. Ratio 0% Downtime"
http://downforme.org/is-www.hungercity.org-down-today-for-everyone

shakey234
2013-11-16, 08:12 PM
The new "new" also comes from the future: