The Traders' Den  

  The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble
 

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 2009-07-14, 03:24 PM
Friday Friday is offline
31.33 GB/71.58 GB/2.28
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
What's up with this?

Why do people write lineages beginning with their taping equipment, then the mic, then the rest?

Do the recording magically appear on their taper, then they transfer it through a mic to their computer?

Is this how it's suppose to be done? It seems very common?
__________________
tradelist
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #2  
Old 2009-07-14, 04:21 PM
rspencer's Avatar
rspencer rspencer is offline
TTD Hoarder
TTD Staff
262.05 GB/271.31 GB/1.04
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: the outer limits
Re: What's up with this?

Yeah, it happens. Not really that common IMO.

And yeah, I agree with you.

Should be mics > pre/battery box > recorder > ... IMO, but there are more important things to keep track of than splitting hairs on this. At least they have a complete lineage.
__________________
My main list .... My masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
Sometimes im dense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
I hate not being a real man.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #3  
Old 2009-07-14, 04:44 PM
Friday Friday is offline
31.33 GB/71.58 GB/2.28
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Re: What's up with this?

I've never counted the times but I do think it's quite common. Perhaps not so much here as on other trackers, so this wasn't aimed towards TTD uploaders in any way.

Yeah, obviously pre/battery box should be in between if they are used, and no I wasn't suggesting you should ban users who get their lineage wrong.

Thanks for replying.
__________________
tradelist
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #4  
Old 2009-07-14, 10:29 PM
direwolf-pgh's Avatar
direwolf-pgh direwolf-pgh is offline
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: down in the basement
Re: What's up with this?

why stop there Friday..

why not:

band on stage> instruments> cables/wireless/microphones> amplifiers> sound waves traveling thru the air ( 343 meters per second )> my microphones > etc..
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #5  
Old 2009-07-15, 12:23 AM
rspencer's Avatar
rspencer rspencer is offline
TTD Hoarder
TTD Staff
262.05 GB/271.31 GB/1.04
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: the outer limits
Re: What's up with this?

Old blues guys > Led Zeppelin thievery > ...
__________________
My main list .... My masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
Sometimes im dense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
I hate not being a real man.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #6  
Old 2009-07-15, 12:38 AM
paddington's Avatar
paddington paddington is offline
please look after this bear
TTD Staff
83.17 GB/882.10 GB/10.61
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: UK
Re: What's up with this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf-pgh View Post
why stop there Friday..

why not:

band on stage> instruments> cables/wireless/microphones> amplifiers> sound waves traveling thru the air ( 343 meters per second )> my microphones > etc..
you forgot:

randy dad > smitten mom > bright light! > strained peas > crying > pissing the bed while listening to bedtime music > music teacher > Belwin Elementary Band Method Book > shitty beginner instrument > Belwin Intermediate Band Method book > years of not chasing chicks while he learned to play > years of making up for it after he did > shitty dive bars with 5 man audiences > chance hookup with bigger act that wants you to open > gaining following with bigger acts' fans > doing your own shows > bad record deal > 280 shows a year for $1500 profit total > stage > other band's mics > Peavey PA with blown black widows > hot muggy outdoor venue > air > some kid with an overpriced digital taping rig stuffed in his hat, pants, shirt and partially up his ass > radio shack 28awg RCA cables > $9 'sound blaster' > eMachines Pentium II 400MHz box > sndrec32.exe capture > TTD
__________________
"There are some of these recordings where it is just a whirring, and you cannot hear the music. " - Jimmy Page, 2007 / JUL / 26
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #7  
Old 2009-07-15, 05:48 PM
Friday Friday is offline
31.33 GB/71.58 GB/2.28
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Re: What's up with this?

So, has anyone actually done it to get their gear in?

I've only crutched mine twice at a festival where they had a pat-down search, but mostly to impress the ladies of course
__________________
tradelist
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #8  
Old 2009-07-21, 11:27 AM
Five's Avatar
Five Five is offline
TTD Staff
186.65 GB/588.32 GB/3.15
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Canada
Re: What's up with this?

we don't discuss that here (they can read it, too...)
__________________
Checksums Demystified EAC Config MakeTorrent WinAmp Config

Modern social theory casts a highly skeptical eye on any declaration that a group of persons is without conflict, and insists, on the contrary, that conflict is natural to groups, and even more, is essential to them. -Patrick Henry
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #9  
Old 2009-07-21, 07:00 PM
rspencer's Avatar
rspencer rspencer is offline
TTD Hoarder
TTD Staff
262.05 GB/271.31 GB/1.04
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: the outer limits
Re: What's up with this?

I stick my stuff in Five's pocket while he's not looking. Then I laugh if he gets busted.
__________________
My main list .... My masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
Sometimes im dense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
I hate not being a real man.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #10  
Old 2009-07-22, 02:34 AM
trustthex's Avatar
trustthex trustthex is offline
Trainwreckin' Fool
606.84 GB/3.05 TB/5.15
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Denton, TX
Re: What's up with this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg View Post
you forgot:

randy dad > smitten mom > bright light! > strained peas > crying > pissing the bed while listening to bedtime music > music teacher > Belwin Elementary Band Method Book > shitty beginner instrument > Belwin Intermediate Band Method book > years of not chasing chicks while he learned to play > years of making up for it after he did > shitty dive bars with 5 man audiences > chance hookup with bigger act that wants you to open > gaining following with bigger acts' fans > doing your own shows > bad record deal > 280 shows a year for $1500 profit total > stage > other band's mics > Peavey PA with blown black widows > hot muggy outdoor venue > air > some kid with an overpriced digital taping rig stuffed in his hat, pants, shirt and partially up his ass > radio shack 28awg RCA cables > $9 'sound blaster' > eMachines Pentium II 400MHz box > sndrec32.exe capture > TTD

<< just for the effort to type all that out

i started trading cdrs w/ a p120 & a 2x2x4 cdrw drive.
__________________
The critics of the Information Age see everything in the negative, as if the quantity of information can lead to a loss of meaning. They said the same thing about Gutenberg.
-Timothy Leary


Meatwad: I thought you said TV was bad.
Frylock: It is. But we fucking need it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by general eclectic
There's a big difference between getting trashed and disappearing.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Reply

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forums


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004 - , TheTradersDen.org - All Rights Reserved - Hosted at QuickPacket
no new posts