The Traders' Den  

  The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble
 

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 2009-05-10, 11:05 AM
paddington's Avatar
paddington paddington is offline
please look after this bear
TTD Staff
83.17 GB/882.10 GB/10.61
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: UK
Re: Invalid torrent file error troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdshrk1 View Post
I have changed the announce. But what should I do about the ones with the missing e in the dictionary? Should they be pulled & reupped? Let me know. The Lounge Lizards alone is worth it.
I am trying.. . so hard.. to understand what that means... I can't do it.

__________________
"There are some of these recordings where it is just a whirring, and you cannot hear the music. " - Jimmy Page, 2007 / JUL / 26
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #17  
Old 2009-05-10, 11:06 AM
U2Lynne's Avatar
U2Lynne U2Lynne is offline
TTD Staff
471.57 GB/2.01 TB/4.37
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: California
Re: Invalid torrent file error troubles

Mdshrk1, what is the announce url you are using with the torrents? It never changed when we 'lost' our domains, it should always have stayed as thetradersden.org - is that what you were using?

I don't know what you mean about a missing e in dictionary... is that an error you are getting?

Although, what I don't understand is why some people can download the file and others can't. That makes it sound like a computer issue. Can you guys save the file to your computer?
__________________
Five's Checksums Demystified - everything and anything you want to know about checksums
On a Mac? Get XLD to rip your CDs. Please see this guide - X Lossless Decoder (XLD): How to create flawless CD rips on Mac OS X

TTD GoFundMe Campaign

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #18  
Old 2009-05-10, 12:12 PM
hrpufnstuf's Avatar
hrpufnstuf hrpufnstuf is offline
9.05 GB/23.05 GB/2.55
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Re: Invalid torrent file error troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
Mdshrk1, what is the announce url you are using with the torrents? It never changed when we 'lost' our domains, it should always have stayed as thetradersden.org - is that what you were using?

I don't know what you mean about a missing e in dictionary... is that an error you are getting?

Although, what I don't understand is why some people can download the file and others can't. That makes it sound like a computer issue. Can you guys save the file to your computer?
I have not been able to DL any of Mdshrk1's offerings... I'm using Vuze (Azura) and get the message below:

'C:\Users\Marshall\AppData\Roaming\Azureus\torrents\girls2008-04-26.fm-flac16.torrent - Error reading torrent: BDecoder: invalid input data, 'e' missing from end of dictionary



I was able to get the John Hartford Band DL from Mdshrk1 to save and then open in Vuze. But, no luck with the others from the last several days.


(I want to make sure that it's clear that I appreciate these seeeds!!!! Keep it up Mdshrk1 )
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #19  
Old 2009-05-10, 12:36 PM
riverwing riverwing is offline
226.56 GB/64.12 GB/0.28
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Re: Invalid torrent file error troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
Mdshrk1, what is the announce url you are using with the torrents? It never changed when we 'lost' our domains, it should always have stayed as thetradersden.org - is that what you were using?

I don't know what you mean about a missing e in dictionary... is that an error you are getting?

Although, what I don't understand is why some people can download the file and others can't. That makes it sound like a computer issue. Can you guys save the file to your computer?
When I click the torrent link I can select "open" or "save". I am able to "save" the file, but if attempt to "open" I get a utorrent error: "unable to load...Invlaid torrent file!" Hope this answers your question above.

Once again, while I get this error with only mdshrk1's torrents, and also the single uncle_johns Zappa torrent I mentinoed above, all seems good with all other torrents on this or any other tracker.

Echo the thanks for the effort to mdshrk and all! Very grateful, many thanks!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #20  
Old 2009-05-10, 12:37 PM
Karst's Avatar
Karst Karst is offline
Utterly Bastard Groovy
71.16 GB/89.50 GB/1.26
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Belfast
Re: Invalid torrent file error troubles

Might have something to do with this?

http://azureuswiki.com/index.php/Azu...aging_protocol
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #21  
Old 2009-05-10, 01:16 PM
U2Lynne's Avatar
U2Lynne U2Lynne is offline
TTD Staff
471.57 GB/2.01 TB/4.37
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: California
Re: Invalid torrent file error troubles

Are you guys able to download other recent torrents? It would help to get a link to a recent non-working torrent and a recent working torrent. I tried comparing one of mdshrks recent ones to one uploaded by someone else and other than the files in the torrent being different, everything else looked the same (both used traders little helper to create the file). The two I compared were:
Nashville Bluegrass Band 1994-04-24 (FLAC)
U2 2001-05-12 Chicago Drew's IEM+AUD Matrix (16-bit) (FLAC)
__________________
Five's Checksums Demystified - everything and anything you want to know about checksums
On a Mac? Get XLD to rip your CDs. Please see this guide - X Lossless Decoder (XLD): How to create flawless CD rips on Mac OS X

TTD GoFundMe Campaign

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #22  
Old 2009-05-10, 02:36 PM
canon's Avatar
canon canon is offline
106.56 GB/165.32 GB/1.55
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Re: Invalid torrent file error troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdshrk1 View Post
I have changed the announce. But what should I do about the ones with the missing e in the dictionary? Should they be pulled & reupped? Let me know. The Lounge Lizards alone is worth it.

Still can't get the Bill Monroe one to work even after changing the announce in the torrent file.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #23  
Old 2009-05-10, 02:42 PM
canon's Avatar
canon canon is offline
106.56 GB/165.32 GB/1.55
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Re: Invalid torrent file error troubles

The Nashville Bluegrass works now since the fix along with the Ellington one (didn't need a fix) like I mentioned the Lounge Lizards don't work and the Black Keys don't either. I think these are the links you want...

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...3&d=1241887489

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...1&d=1241901874
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #24  
Old 2009-05-10, 03:18 PM
U2Lynne's Avatar
U2Lynne U2Lynne is offline
TTD Staff
471.57 GB/2.01 TB/4.37
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: California
Re: Invalid torrent file error troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by canon View Post
The Nashville Bluegrass works now since the fix along with the Ellington one (didn't need a fix) like I mentioned the Lounge Lizards don't work and the Black Keys don't either. I think these are the links you want...

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...3&d=1241887489

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...1&d=1241901874
He has the wrong announceurl in those two (tradersden.org, not thetradersden.org). I'm not sure why they work for other users and not for you (it works just fine for me). When I download it, it puts the correct url into the file (it changes it to thetradersden.org like it should). Is that happening to yours (open it in a text editor and see). When you download it, does it download as a .torrent file?
__________________
Five's Checksums Demystified - everything and anything you want to know about checksums
On a Mac? Get XLD to rip your CDs. Please see this guide - X Lossless Decoder (XLD): How to create flawless CD rips on Mac OS X

TTD GoFundMe Campaign

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #25  
Old 2009-05-10, 03:59 PM
canon's Avatar
canon canon is offline
106.56 GB/165.32 GB/1.55
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Re: Invalid torrent file error troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
He has the wrong announceurl in those two (tradersden.org, not thetradersden.org). I'm not sure why they work for other users and not for you (it works just fine for me). When I download it, it puts the correct url into the file (it changes it to thetradersden.org like it should). Is that happening to yours (open it in a text editor and see). When you download it, does it download as a .torrent file?
The files have thetradersden.org in them and they download as a torrent file I can't figure it out either. I could not get the Nashville one to work till he fixed it then it worked no problem. I guess I'll wait till everything gets sorted out...
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #26  
Old 2009-05-10, 04:09 PM
U2Lynne's Avatar
U2Lynne U2Lynne is offline
TTD Staff
471.57 GB/2.01 TB/4.37
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: California
Re: Invalid torrent file error troubles

He didn't post what he did to 'fix' the other one, so I'm a bit curious about that. And again, it doesn't make sense that it works for so many other users and not you. You might want to delete the files from your computer and try to go back to the page and do a Force Refresh on the page and then download it. Maybe it is something in your cache.
__________________
Five's Checksums Demystified - everything and anything you want to know about checksums
On a Mac? Get XLD to rip your CDs. Please see this guide - X Lossless Decoder (XLD): How to create flawless CD rips on Mac OS X

TTD GoFundMe Campaign

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #27  
Old 2009-05-10, 04:31 PM
mdshrk1's Avatar
mdshrk1 mdshrk1 is offline
Purveyor of the Eclectic
TTD VIP
23.95 GB/5.62 TB/240.42
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: In the middle of the Land of Disillusionment
Re: Invalid torrent file error troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
He didn't post what he did to 'fix' the other one, so I'm a bit curious about that. And again, it doesn't make sense that it works for so many other users and not you. You might want to delete the files from your computer and try to go back to the page and do a Force Refresh on the page and then download it. Maybe it is something in your cache.
All I did to fix the new ones was change the announce back to what it was. When I run the torrent check in tlh, they check out OK.

mdshrk1
__________________
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.
H.L. Mencken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock View Post
People suck. I'd rather look at memes and gifs of people doing stupid shit that confirms my misanthropic views than actually deal with their shit face to face.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #28  
Old 2009-05-10, 07:16 PM
hrpufnstuf's Avatar
hrpufnstuf hrpufnstuf is offline
9.05 GB/23.05 GB/2.55
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Re: Invalid torrent file error troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
Are you guys able to download other recent torrents? It would help to get a link to a recent non-working torrent and a recent working torrent. I tried comparing one of mdshrks recent ones to one uploaded by someone else and other than the files in the torrent being different, everything else looked the same (both used traders little helper to create the file). The two I compared were:
Nashville Bluegrass Band 1994-04-24 (FLAC)
U2 2001-05-12 Chicago Drew's IEM+AUD Matrix (16-bit) (FLAC)
I have been able to DL the last 2 mdshrk1 torrents -

Dave Brubeck Quartet 9-23-07 http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=72490

and John Hartford Band 4-1-00 http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=72476

I am not (and get the "e" missing from dictionary error message) able to get the ones before, i.e. -

Girls for Merle 2008-4-28 http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=72446

or Austin Lounge Lizards 2008-4-19 http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=72452

I can live without the older torrents (although it will be an unfilled life), god knows I have enough to listen to now.

Again (and always) thanks for all everyone does here to keep things running smooth and sharing the groove.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #29  
Old 2009-05-10, 10:21 PM
spursfan's Avatar
spursfan spursfan is offline
841.03 GB/954.15 GB/1.13
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Re: Invalid torrent file error troubles

I get this message when I tried to dl the Black Keys audio.

Unable to load "Black Keys 2009-07-31.torrent": Invalid torrent file!

I tried earlier suggestions but no luck.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #30  
Old 2009-05-10, 10:47 PM
direwolf-pgh's Avatar
direwolf-pgh direwolf-pgh is offline
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: down in the basement
Re: Invalid torrent file error troubles

thanks spurfan - im getting the same error & looking into it as well.

i have a strong suspicion a setting was incorrectly set (not set at default) when the torrent metafile was created.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Reply

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Similar Threads
Thread Forum Replies Last Post
Unbale to Load XXX.torrent: Invalid Torrent file! - rainmanz Technobabble 3 2008-02-18 12:32 PM
Invalid Torrent File - ludwignut Technobabble 10 2007-12-15 01:43 PM
HELP!!! - "Invalid torrent file" - RockShow2Nite Technobabble 5 2007-12-09 12:51 PM
"CONNECTION ERROR INVALID: REPLY FAILURE REASON22: INVALID PASSKEY (0 - _e) - LEE SPATZ Technobabble 1 2006-12-22 11:32 AM
uploading error with torrent file - tapeworm48 Technobabble 1 2006-07-23 12:46 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forums


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004 - , TheTradersDen.org - All Rights Reserved - Hosted at QuickPacket
no new posts