The Traders' Den  

  The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble
 

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 2008-06-01, 09:10 AM
AAR.oner's Avatar
AAR.oner AAR.oner is offline
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Appalachia
Re: Video from television programs

why must some people always be a pain the arse?
__________________
TTD's Gear Lust Forum -- info & reviews on taping gear
The Basics of EQing
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #32  
Old 2008-06-01, 09:42 AM
vladsmythe's Avatar
vladsmythe vladsmythe is online now
TTD VIP
11.01 TB/4.71 TB/0.43
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Re: Video from television programs

I am still waiting to hear back on my formal request to upload my torrent with the actual name. The Billie Holiday was successfully seeded that way, so we'll just have to wait on the David Crosby. I try to keep all my data sorted by program name. It's easier for everybody to say "Do you have Bob Marley on Now It Can Be Told?" than "Do you have Bob Marley on the program that did a profile about him on September 20th 1991?" Here is an example - Graceful Duck Archive Tape #127

A. NEWPORT JAZZ '89 HI-FI
1. Herbie Mann
2. Wynton Marsalis
3. George Shearing
4. Spyro Gyra
B. ALL AMERICAN JAZZ w/Bostonian Friends 1990 HI-FI
C. IN CONCERT '91
1. Eric Clapton
2. Donald Fagen
3. Michael McDonald
D. NOW IT CAN BE TOLD w/Bob Marley 9-20-91 HI-FI
E. NIGHT FLIGHT
1. Norman Gunstan in Haight Asbury
2. The Beatles
F. LATE NIGHT WITH DAVID LETTERMAN w/Weir 9-27-91 HI-FI
G. THE TODAY SHOW w/Jerry Garcia 10-4-91 HI-FI
H. ONE ON ONE WITH JOHN TESH w/David Crosby 10-8-91
I. AUSTIN CITY LIMITS w/Strength in Numbers 1991
J. SUNDAY MORNING "Billie Holiday" 10-13-91
K. MTV UNPLUGGED w/Crosby, Stills & Nash 1991 HI-FI
L. SUNDAY MORNING w/Paul McCartney 11-17-91 HI-FI
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #33  
Old 2008-06-01, 11:29 AM
paddington's Avatar
paddington paddington is offline
please look after this bear
TTD Staff
83.17 GB/882.10 GB/10.61
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: UK
Re: Video from television programs

couldn't you have just left this at yesterday?
__________________
"There are some of these recordings where it is just a whirring, and you cannot hear the music. " - Jimmy Page, 2007 / JUL / 26
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #34  
Old 2008-06-01, 11:42 AM
mooncusser's Avatar
mooncusser mooncusser is offline
bright ambassador of morning
483.61 GB/1.07 TB/2.27
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: near a man-made island
Re: Video from television programs

someone needs to accept the fact that he's not in charge.
or take his ball and go home like the 5-year-old he's behaving as.
because the more he bitches - and does so openly instead of in PMs - the more likely it will be that he won't get his way.
__________________
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Quote:
Vince Gill:
I just got an award presented to me by a Beatle. Have you had that happen yet, Kanye?
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmakat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg View Post
I knew that was the wrong answer
such is the nature of Gilligan.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #35  
Old 2008-06-01, 11:49 AM
vladsmythe's Avatar
vladsmythe vladsmythe is online now
TTD VIP
11.01 TB/4.71 TB/0.43
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Re: Video from television programs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg View Post
couldn't you have just left this at yesterday?
I'm just showing how I index my videos. I'm not making any demands. I'm happy to take the Crosby off my HD, but I'm still waiting for my request to be answered. Your suggestion to contact a video moderator was a very good one. Thanks for the positive input to this "case by case" issue. Again, I'm cool with scrubbing the Crosby and moving on to the next project.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #36  
Old 2008-06-01, 11:56 AM
tgunn2760's Avatar
tgunn2760 tgunn2760 is offline
1.12 TB/1.19 TB/1.06
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Canada, eh?
Re: Video from television programs

I think Vlad is trying to say that the video mod/mods are not always consistent in what they allow on the tracker, and he obviously feels that he is being singled out.

I think Snivlle had the same beef and asked for his remastered Black Sabbath video to be pulled. That one was remastered by frameserving with CCE and was permitted, but when he tried to up another show, that was remastered in the same way, it was pulled from the tracker.
__________________
Partial DVD list here:
http://db.etree.org/tgunn2760

Text file of over 1500 DVDs:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxX3...Q2M/edit?pli=1

Trading status: Canada and USA only-please VERIFY all discs.

http://db.etree.org/public_wantlist....erid=tgunn2760
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #37  
Old 2008-06-01, 11:58 AM
mooncusser's Avatar
mooncusser mooncusser is offline
bright ambassador of morning
483.61 GB/1.07 TB/2.27
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: near a man-made island
Re: Video from television programs

vlad always feels like he's being singled out, persecuted and victimized.

he certainly can't stand any form of comment other than fawning praise, let alone actual criticism.
__________________
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Quote:
Vince Gill:
I just got an award presented to me by a Beatle. Have you had that happen yet, Kanye?
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmakat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg View Post
I knew that was the wrong answer
such is the nature of Gilligan.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #38  
Old 2008-06-01, 12:07 PM
vladsmythe's Avatar
vladsmythe vladsmythe is online now
TTD VIP
11.01 TB/4.71 TB/0.43
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Re: Video from television programs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgunn2760 View Post
I think Vlad is trying to say that the video mod/mods are not always consistent in what they allow on the tracker, and he obviously feels that he is being singled out.

I think Snivlle had the same beef and asked for his remastered Black Sabbath video to be pulled. That one was remastered by frameserving with CCE and was permitted, but when he tried to up another show, that was remastered in the same way, it was pulled from the tracker.
tgunn, I'm completely over it. No issues - some confusion. Some of my seeds like "Billie Holiday - Sunday Morning (CBS)" are fine with the specific program (and network) in the title, and others like "David Crosby - One On One With John Tesh" are not fine. I remember many months ago my "Paul McCartney - Oprah Winfrey Show" was edited by mods to "Chicago, IL". Then 20 or so of my seeds were okay, until a couple nights ago, so I'm a little bewildered as to what the criteria is. Jameskg says it's "case by case".
If I know what the criteria is per each upload, I can then decide which videos I will take the time to transfer from my original tapes and create torrents to share. So, it's not a "beef" at this point. I am very willing to play by the rules that are clearly stated.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #39  
Old 2008-06-01, 12:50 PM
KoolKat's Avatar
KoolKat KoolKat is offline
Video Guru
49.89 GB/89.01 GB/1.78
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: On A Shelf Near You
Re: Video from television programs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooncusser View Post
vlad always feels like he's being singled out, persecuted and victimized.

he certainly can't stand any form of comment other than fawning praise, let alone actual criticism.


Vlad ,if i didn't know you were male ,i would of put money on that you had blue hair and went to Bingo twice a day.

K_K
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #40  
Old 2008-06-01, 12:54 PM
Black Dog's Avatar
Black Dog Black Dog is offline
appalachianamerican
1.26 TB/2.77 TB/2.21
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Stuart, VA
Re: Video from television programs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolKat View Post


Vlad ,if i didn't know you were male ,i would of put money on that you had blue hair and went to Bingo twice a day.

K_K
You called it!
__________________
*************************************************
http://www.flickr.com/photos/black_dog_/show/
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #41  
Old 2008-06-01, 01:03 PM
LeifH12345's Avatar
LeifH12345 LeifH12345 is offline
383.51 GB/1.67 TB/4.46
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver
Re: Video from television programs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAR.oner View Post
why must some people always be a pain the arse?
I guess they feel its their duty.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #42  
Old 2008-06-01, 01:27 PM
roomful
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---
 
Re: Video from television programs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladsmythe View Post
tgunn, I'm completely over it. No issues - some confusion. Some of my seeds like "Billie Holiday - Sunday Morning (CBS)" are fine with the specific program (and network) in the title, and others like "David Crosby - One On One With John Tesh" are not fine. I remember many months ago my "Paul McCartney - Oprah Winfrey Show" was edited by mods to "Chicago, IL". Then 20 or so of my seeds were okay, until a couple nights ago, so I'm a little bewildered as to what the criteria is. Jameskg says it's "case by case".
If I know what the criteria is per each upload, I can then decide which videos I will take the time to transfer from my original tapes and create torrents to share. So, it's not a "beef" at this point. I am very willing to play by the rules that are clearly stated.
So you're not going to share certain videos if the thread title is going to be changed? Sounds like you do have beef. Get over it and play by the rules, which means living with some thread titles being changed.

Remember, people still get to enjoy your video, and they can read the full description from the text file when they click on the torrent thread. It's not as big of a deal as you think it is.

Last edited by roomful; 2008-06-01 at 01:35 PM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #43  
Old 2008-06-01, 03:44 PM
tgunn2760's Avatar
tgunn2760 tgunn2760 is offline
1.12 TB/1.19 TB/1.06
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Canada, eh?
Re: Video from television programs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolKat View Post


Vlad ,if i didn't know you were male ,i would of put money on that you had blue hair and went to Bingo twice a day.

K_K
Is HC down for maintenance, KK? Can't access it today, all was fine yesterday.

Tracker seems to be offline, the torrent I was seeding stopped.
__________________
Partial DVD list here:
http://db.etree.org/tgunn2760

Text file of over 1500 DVDs:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxX3...Q2M/edit?pli=1

Trading status: Canada and USA only-please VERIFY all discs.

http://db.etree.org/public_wantlist....erid=tgunn2760
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Reply

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Similar Threads
Thread Forum Replies Last Post
CD/DVD Recovery Programs wanted - howardec Technobabble 9 2008-03-27 10:39 AM
APE to WAV coversion programs - howardec Technobabble 4 2007-11-13 06:14 PM
Inexpensive CD/DVD burning programs? - god61 Technobabble 19 2007-05-17 01:08 PM
Some useful free programs - yoseph Site Announcements & Suggestions 3 2006-06-30 11:36 PM
Programs To Create DVD? (Menus, etc) - thisistoto Technobabble 12 2005-05-08 09:45 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forums


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004 - , TheTradersDen.org - All Rights Reserved - Hosted at QuickPacket
no new posts