The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2005-11-05, 02:42 PM
stupid monkey
693.59 GB/1.07 TB/1.58

best setting for sony vegas 6

what settings are the best for sony vegas 6...or does each video going to be different..i see people set the
resolution,aspect ratio, framework, bitrate ecy..all different...what would be the best..??
thanks..

Last edited by bigwurock; 2005-11-05 at 02:43 PM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-11-05, 03:15 PM
mort
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: best setting for sony vegas 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwurock
what settings are the best for sony vegas 6...or does each video going to be different..i see people set the
resolution,aspect ratio, framework, bitrate ecy..all different...what would be the best..??
thanks..

WHAT DO YOU PLAN ON DOING WITH THE OUTPUT DVD AUTHORING

THEN YOU NEED TO USE THE DVD TEMPLATE
Old 2005-11-05, 03:26 PM
Shareblue Platinum Member
471.23 GB/591.81 GB/1.26

aspect ratio - should be what you shot it in 4:3(full screen) or 16:9(widescreen)

bitrate - depends on the length of the recording. a dvd can use 9800 max which is about 1 hour of video and sound (DVD5) and 2 hours(dvd9). if your footage is longer it will either need to be split into more dvds or compressed. I would say anything below a bitrate of 7000 is not good. but that is personal preference.

make sure you render the video and audio seperately and render in vegas and not in DVDarchitect. use a loop region to render with. select render loop region checkbox. check save markers if you want them... I usually do my tracks in DVDarchitect so I don't use them from Vegas.

for a dvd9
video: file>render as>mpg-2>DVD architect NTSC video stream (full screen template or use Widescreen if filmed in 16:9)
project tab - video rendering qaulity>best
video tab - Variable Bit Rate - click 2 pass - max 9800 avg 9700 min 9600

audio:file>render as>microsoft wav (if you need to resample you can do it here or in DVDarchitect.
Old 2005-11-05, 03:47 PM
stupid monkey
693.59 GB/1.07 TB/1.58

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltman
aspect ratio - should be what you shot it in 4:3(full screen) or 16:9(widescreen)

bitrate - depends on the length of the recording. a dvd can use 9800 max which is about 1 hour of video and sound (DVD5) and 2 hours(dvd9). if your footage is longer it will either need to be split into more dvds or compressed. I would say anything below a bitrate of 7000 is not good. but that is personal preference.

make sure you render the video and audio seperately and render in vegas and not in DVDarchitect. use a loop region to render with. select render loop region checkbox. check save markers if you want them... I usually do my tracks in DVDarchitect so I don't use them from Vegas.

for a dvd9
video: file>render as>mpg-2>DVD architect NTSC video stream (full screen template or use Widescreen if filmed in 16:9)
project tab - video rendering qaulity>best
video tab - Variable Bit Rate - click 2 pass - max 9800 avg 9700 min 9600

audio:file>render as>microsoft wav (if you need to resample you can do it here or in DVDarchitect.
ok..i do render in vegas..how do i do the files seperate...is the loop render in the vegas or the architect...so when i make the dvd in architect...it does another render..render>process>burn dvd...so i dont want to render the same project 2 times..??..
Old 2005-11-05, 03:56 PM
mort
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
ok..i do render in vegas..how do i do the files seperate...is the loop render in the vegas or the architect...so when i make the dvd in architect...it does another render..render>process>burn dvd...so i dont want to render the same project 2 times..??..

THATS WHY YOU NEED TO USE THE DEFAULT DVD TEMPLATE

ALSO FOR COMPATIBILITY
Old 2005-11-05, 03:59 PM
stupid monkey
693.59 GB/1.07 TB/1.58

how do i get to the default dvd template
Old 2005-11-05, 04:05 PM
mort
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
how do i get to the default dvd template

WHEN YOU GO TO RENDER AS SELECT DVD

VEGAS IS ON MY OTHER COMPUTER IN MY STUDIO SO I CANT GIVE YOU STEP BY STEP
Old 2005-11-05, 04:06 PM
mort
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

If You Still Need More Help I Can Jot Down Some Notes Tomorrow When Im In The Studio
Old 2005-11-05, 04:18 PM
stupid monkey
693.59 GB/1.07 TB/1.58

Quote:
Originally Posted by mort
If You Still Need More Help I Can Jot Down Some Notes Tomorrow When Im In The Studio
yea that would be great if you can let me know...i will put the video on my HD tonight, then i can render it with some help...i did render it both togethor on vegas...then it got rendered again on dvd architect...what does happen when it gets rendered twice..??..i did this with my first video...??
Old 2005-11-05, 04:21 PM
mort
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
yea that would be great if you can let me know...i will put the video on my HD tonight, then i can render it with some help...i did render it both togethor on vegas...then it got rendered again on dvd architect...what does happen when it gets rendered twice..??..i did this with my first video...??

ITS NOT GOOD

BUT I HATE DVD ARCHITECH

I RENDER WITH VEGAS AND BURN WITH

DVD FACTORY I FORGET WHO MAKES IT ULEAD I THINK
Old 2005-11-05, 04:26 PM
471.23 GB/591.81 GB/1.26

Quote:
you render in vegas. you should render twice (once for audio, once for video). the steps are in my first post.

the loop region will allow you to select the same exact region to render for aud and vid. you could make markers at the beg. and end to snap to. use "m" for the marker when the cursor is where you want it.
when in vegas click on the grey area above your tracks and drag to the left and right to select you loop region. this will highlite the region.

the will generate two files a .mpg and a .wav. these are the streams you will combine in dvd architect. use dvd architect to author your menus selecting the two files above. select your chapters using markers.

when you prepare the dvd.... (generating the video_ts folder). it will compress the menu items and may try to compress your video, audio, etc... you can hit the optimize dvd button and control what is being compressed or not. don't let it render your video here (which would be twice).
Old 2005-11-05, 04:28 PM
471.23 GB/591.81 GB/1.26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mort
THATS WHY YOU NEED TO USE THE DEFAULT DVD TEMPLATE

ALSO FOR COMPATIBILITY
he asked for the best method. the easiest often isn't.
Old 2005-11-05, 04:43 PM
mort
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltman
he asked for the best method. the easiest often isn't.

OK ITS ALL YOURS CHIEF

I WILL OFFER NO MORE ADVICE ON THE SUBJECT AND LET YOU WALK HIM INTO COASTER HEAVEN !
Old 2005-11-05, 05:18 PM
stupid monkey
693.59 GB/1.07 TB/1.58

i am looking for input from all..lets not start anything!!..just wanting to learn the full use of the vegas and dvd architect
Old 2005-11-05, 07:30 PM
db.etree.org/chachi420
TTD VIP
206.73 GB/1.15 TB/5.72

I'd listen to Saltman...
that's the way I do it too...

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble