The Traders' Den  

  The Traders' Den > Music Sharing > Snail Mail Trading > Good & Bad Traders
 

Notices

Good & Bad Traders If you've had either a good or bad experience with a trader here, please let people know.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 2012-10-05, 10:30 PM
jimiagogo jimiagogo is offline
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Thumbs down Bad Trader: Humberto Rodriguez

I just want to give everyone a heads up. I was recently burned by a trader who I do not believe is a member of etree, but does contact people from their lists. He got me for about 60 shows - a total of nearly 150 discs. He contacted me. I should have known better and asked him to send first, but I guess I am a bit too trusting sometimes. I sent the shows the last week of August and I still have not received the shows he promised me. I have emailed him three times in the past two weeks, and have not even received a response. The email he used to contact me is: . His name is Humberto Rodriguez. He used two addresses:

Humberto Rodriguez
---------------------
C.P. 07300 Mexico City

and

Humberto Rodriguez
---------------------
c.p. 03900 mexico city

If I do ever receive the discs, I will update this forum listing, but I just don't want anyone on this site to be scammed.

Last edited by antinea; 2012-10-06 at 01:38 AM. Reason: no postal address
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #2  
Old 2012-10-06, 12:25 PM
ballsdeep's Avatar
ballsdeep ballsdeep is offline
pretty when I'm drunk
463.51 GB/376.09 GB/0.81
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: between my owners legs, and someone else's too, USA
Re: Bad Trader: Humberto Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimiagogo View Post
I just want to give everyone a heads up. I was recently burned by a trader who I do not believe is a member of etree, but does contact people from their lists. He got me for about 60 shows - a total of nearly 150 discs. He contacted me. I should have known better and asked him to send first, but I guess I am a bit too trusting sometimes. I sent the shows the last week of August and I still have not received the shows he promised me. I have emailed him three times in the past two weeks, and have not even received a response. The email he used to contact me is: . His name is Humberto Rodriguez. He used two addresses:

Humberto Rodriguez
---------------------
C.P. 07300 Mexico City

and

Humberto Rodriguez
---------------------
c.p. 03900 mexico city

If I do ever receive the discs, I will update this forum listing, but I just don't want anyone on this site to be scammed.

just so YOU know, mail from Mexico is like mail from Russia....I feel your pain, but have waited 3+ months on "first time trades" from Mexico before.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #3  
Old 2012-10-06, 12:32 PM
paddington's Avatar
paddington paddington is offline
please look after this bear
TTD Staff
83.17 GB/882.10 GB/10.61
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: UK
Re: Bad Trader: Humberto Rodriguez

Seems like NAFTA would make this easier
__________________
"There are some of these recordings where it is just a whirring, and you cannot hear the music. " - Jimmy Page, 2007 / JUL / 26
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #4  
Old 2012-10-06, 03:10 PM
ballsdeep's Avatar
ballsdeep ballsdeep is offline
pretty when I'm drunk
463.51 GB/376.09 GB/0.81
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: between my owners legs, and someone else's too, USA
Re: Bad Trader: Humberto Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg View Post
Seems like NAFTA would make this easier


it coulda got lost in a shootout.

you could make a nice lil' mirror in the desert with 150 cds...or were they really cds???


sorry, couldn't resist...............I never liked the cocaine, I just liked the way it smelled.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #5  
Old 2012-10-06, 03:20 PM
daddyray's Avatar
daddyray daddyray is offline
wanna buy me a drink????
1.32 TB/1.80 TB/1.36
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: serenity
Re: Bad Trader: Humberto Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballsdeep View Post
I never liked the cocaine, I just liked the way it smelled.
I love that Redd Foxx joke!
__________________
"We're here to have a ball." Art Blakey
"Reality is a hallucination brought on by lack of alcohol." Graham Chapman
"I'll drink to your health til it ruins mine" Art Blakey
"Trust a pro" Keith Richards
"here is my offer: nothing" Mike C
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #6  
Old 2012-10-06, 06:22 PM
jimiagogo jimiagogo is offline
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Re: Bad Trader: Humberto Rodriguez

Thanks. I appreciate you letting me know that. Someone else told me the same thing. I have, however, emailed this guy half a dozen times asking for an update, and just get no reply at all. That is what made me suspicious.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #7  
Old 2013-12-11, 07:42 PM
EVANGP EVANGP is offline
76.73 GB/80.08 GB/1.04
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Re: Bad Trader: Humberto Rodriguez

You should never trust a Mexican with "Davey Crockett" in their email. That's a dead give away he's a bullshitter.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #8  
Old 2013-12-30, 01:54 PM
LeifH12345's Avatar
LeifH12345 LeifH12345 is offline
381.81 GB/1.67 TB/4.48
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver
Re: Bad Trader: Humberto Rodriguez

I've never understood why anyone would do a big trade like that having never dealt with the person before.

I've read the same story here a few times. Naive trader mails entire spindles of discs to random stranger in another country and never hears from them again.

Maybe start with a handful and see. If they're in a different country, you can't send a box of feces through customs if you get burned
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #9  
Old 2014-01-03, 01:19 PM
ballix ballix is offline
401.64 KB/0.00 KB/0.00
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Re: Bad Trader: Humberto Rodriguez

ive been burned myself for over 40 dvds from an asshole from chile, since then i wont trade anywhere in south or central america, no offense to anyone from there but it seems most of the scammers come from there, if hes not replying to your emails you have been done im afraid, time to move on, like me its an expensive lesson learned
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #10  
Old 2014-01-03, 04:16 PM
AAR.oner's Avatar
AAR.oner AAR.oner is offline
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Appalachia
Re: Bad Trader: Humberto Rodriguez

new traders please take note:

NEVER DO LARGE TRADES WITH AN UNKNOWN TRADER...NEVER!!!


start out small, a coupla discs tops...if it works out good, maybe the next trade do 5 discs...but the only time i've ever set up dozens+ discs are with people i've either traded with for years or someone who is well know in these circles and has many folks who'll vouch for em

sad as it is, welcome to 21st century trading
__________________
TTD's Gear Lust Forum -- info & reviews on taping gear
The Basics of EQing
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #11  
Old 2014-01-13, 12:13 PM
edgarnad edgarnad is offline
21.34 GB/16.93 GB/0.79
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: mexico
Re: Bad Trader: Humberto Rodriguez

Shame!
I am from Mexico
That gives me a lot of courage,
but in mexico so much people.

Mexico says it lost many dvds with Mexican

salu2

edgar

my list

edgarnad.webs.com
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #12  
Old 2014-01-17, 01:07 PM
oxymoron
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---
 
Re: Bad Trader: Humberto Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAR.oner View Post
new traders please take note:

NEVER DO LARGE TRADES WITH AN UNKNOWN TRADER...NEVER!!!


start out small, a coupla discs tops...if it works out good, maybe the next trade do 5 discs...but the only time i've ever set up dozens+ discs are with people i've either traded with for years or someone who is well know in these circles and has many folks who'll vouch for em

sad as it is, welcome to 21st century trading
online trading !!! use dropbox or others "virtual harddisc", itīs cheaper as the lost of a lot of dvd/cdīs
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Reply

The Traders' Den > Music Sharing > Snail Mail Trading > Good & Bad Traders

Similar Threads
Thread Forum Replies Last Post
Questionable Trader: Cruzgerardo Rodriguez - efooo Good & Bad Traders 0 2012-05-20 01:25 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forums


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004 - , TheTradersDen.org - All Rights Reserved - Hosted at QuickPacket
no new posts