The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2008-01-17, 02:56 PM
6.56 GB/31.69 GB/4.83

Re: Trader's Little Helper

Robert,
Thanks for your reply.
My description of the possible truncation was a bit inaccurate. Viewing the screen shot image, I can highlight the files I want to add but can't place them in the right pane in order to load them into TLH. This is preventing me from creating st5 checksums for the original shn files. In turn, I have been unable to use the direct shn > flac conversion because I can not create checksums of the resulting flac files. The only way I have been to create checksums for the flac files is by going shn > wav > flac.

Even though the error message plagued me earlier today, when I tried to re-create the problem, it of course wouldn't happen. My settings are: convert to flac level 8, fix sbe errors, delete source files, create checksums. The problem had been occurring in the moment the final conversion was completed & before the create checksum process began. If it matters at this point, I'm operating Windows XP sp2.

I'll try downloading your new v2.0 and see if the problem persists. Hopefully this will all become moot.
Attached Images
File Type: png TLH screen shot 2.PNG
( 23.1 KB, 275 views)

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2008-01-17, 03:17 PM
6.56 GB/31.69 GB/4.83

I've clean installed the latest version of TLH, but continue to be unable to create checksums.
Old 2008-01-17, 04:51 PM
TTD Staff
1.24 TB/594.30 GB/0.47

Angry Re: Trader's Little Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by germain View Post
My description of the possible truncation was a bit inaccurate. Viewing the screen shot image, I can highlight the files I want to add but can't place them in the right pane in order to load them into TLH. This is preventing me from creating st5 checksums for the original shn files.
Judging from your screenshot you're using large fonts. So I checked this with my WinXP using the 120 DPI setting (large fonts). You are right, that dialog is not properly displayed. Btw the File list and the Edit (tracker/announce) dialogs on the Create torrent page suffer from the same problem. My bad, I'll fix this asap.

Quote:
In turn, I have been unable to use the direct shn > flac conversion because I can not create checksums of the resulting flac files. The only way I have been to create checksums for the flac files is by going shn > wav > flac.
Now I got your point. Your workaround won't be necessary anymore when the Add dialog for the Create checksum file section is fixed.

Quote:
Even though the error message plagued me earlier today, when I tried to re-create the problem, it of course wouldn't happen. My settings are: convert to flac level 8, fix sbe errors, delete source files, create checksums. The problem had been occurring in the moment the final conversion was completed & before the create checksum process began.
Here I'm a bit lost ... the Convert encoding format section doesn't offer any post-converting options (fixing SBEs or creating checksums, for example). What do I miss?

Quote:
I'll try downloading your new v2.0 and see if the problem persists. Hopefully this will all become moot.
No, it won't, unfortunately.

Thanks for all the information. It really helped to understand what's going on your side. As long as there's no fix available the only way for you is to run WinXP with the default setting of 96 DPI (aka small fonts). Sorry for the inconvenience.

Robert
Old 2008-01-18, 05:26 AM
TTD Staff
1.24 TB/594.30 GB/0.47

Icon4 Fix / new release of Trader's Little Helper available

TLH version v2.2.1 (build 151) has been released.

When using Windows font size settings greater than 96 DPI (large fonts) the 'Add files' dialog of the 'Create checksum file' page and the 'File list to create torrent from' and 'Edit tracker list' dialogs of the 'Create torrent file' page will be properly/completely displayed now so all parts of those dialogs are accessible. Thanks again to germain for notifying the bug.

Note that the new release just fixes that bug. So if you only use small fonts (96 DPI) you may stay with build 150 (v2.2.0).

Robert
Old 2008-01-18, 03:51 PM
6.56 GB/31.69 GB/4.83

Thanks so much.
I had to reformat my HD last week. Ever since, the text size on web pages is all over the place. I changed the font setting to see if that would help, then forgot I'd done it. All Is well
Old 2008-01-20, 07:48 AM
0.99 TB/3.63 TB/3.66

Possible problem with Show audio file details...

Im seeing a sector boundary error but TLH is reporting NO ERRORS??

Its version 2.2.1
Attached Images
File Type: gif tlh.gif
( 23.7 KB, 248 views)

Old 2008-01-20, 10:56 AM
TTD Staff
1.24 TB/594.30 GB/0.47

Lightbulb Re: Trader's Little Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukem View Post
Possible problem with Show audio file details...

Im seeing a sector boundary error but TLH is reporting NO ERRORS??

Its version 2.2.1
With build 147 the way TLH handles Show audio file details has changed (see changelog that comes with TLH): Show audio files details now "just" shows you what shntool puts out. Checking for SBEs has been completely removed (now this can be done using the new stand-alone page Check audio files for SBEs).

That's why a) the Fix SBEs button is missing, and b) there's no conclusion There were sector boundary errors or There were no sector boundary errors displayed. The conclusion you get now is No errors occured or There were errors. This tells you whether there were errors processing the source files (the interpretation of the shntool output is up to the user).

In your case shntool was able to process all files (i.e. to read those file parts needed to get all the information displayed) without any error, and so you got a No errors occured message.

Robert
Old 2008-01-23, 01:05 PM
Stano
6.78 GB/10.83 GB/1.60

Question Re: Trader's Little Helper

I've been searching this thread for information on how to fix this crash "list index out of bounds". I updated to the newest build this morning from a pretty old version. So far what I found is about WinAmp, and I've uninstalled WinAmp and still get the problem. I'm on XPSP2, .wav files created by Audition 2.0, CDWave to track, then TLH (a remarkable program by the way) to flac the files. But I still get the error, any suggestions?
Old 2008-01-24, 03:09 AM
TTD Staff
1.24 TB/594.30 GB/0.47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stano View Post
I've been searching this thread for information on how to fix this crash "list index out of bounds". I updated to the newest build this morning from a pretty old version. So far what I found is about WinAmp, and I've uninstalled WinAmp and still get the problem. I'm on XPSP2, .wav files created by Audition 2.0, CDWave to track, then TLH (a remarkable program by the way) to flac the files. But I still get the error, any suggestions?
Stano, a bit more details, please ... According to your post you wanted to encode wav files to flac format. Information needed:

1) Way used to add the wav files to TLH (Add button, Drag & Drop, or files context menu)?
1) Option Keep foreign metadata enabled or disabled?
2) Option Align on sector boundaries enabled or disabled? If enabled, fix or pad mode?
3) Any Post encoding tasks enabled? If yes, which one(s)?

Robert
Old 2008-01-25, 05:13 AM
6.56 GB/31.69 GB/4.83

This sounds like the exact problem I was having, the error message is the same. In my case files were added by the add button, sbe fix on, create st5 checksums post conversion. An error window opened for each file converted. I had to click off each error window before the create checksum function could begin
Old 2008-01-25, 09:18 AM
15.67 GB/4.18 GB/0.27

thanks for the information.
Old 2008-01-25, 09:22 AM
TTD Staff
1.24 TB/594.30 GB/0.47

Quote:
This sounds like the exact problem I was having, the error message is the same. In my case files were added by the add button, sbe fix on, create st5 checksums post conversion. An error window opened for each file converted. I had to click off each error window before the create checksum function could begin
Well, on my side encoding plus creating checksums is working perfectly.

To be sure I did a lot of tests the last minutes. This was used/done:

1) WinXP SP2, TLH build 151 (latest release).
2) Wav files (total 7 files) were added via Add button.
3) Conversion to a) flac, b) shn format.
4) Option Align on sector boundaries enabled using a) fix mode, b) pad mode.
5) Encoded files to a) same folder as source, b) another folder.
6) Post encoding task Create checksum file with file type a) st5, b) md5.

Not a single error occured ....

Robert
Old 2008-01-25, 11:57 AM
Stano
6.78 GB/10.83 GB/1.60

Sorry for the delay, the flac files seemed to be fine, I listened to the full show, they are posted at tapers.org (The Banjo Killers). I think there were over 300 OK's I went through before the 3 finger salute. They came up as fast as I could close them out.

1) Way used to add the wav files to TLH (Add button, Drag & Drop, or files context menu)?
I did it 2 ways, drug the files into the app, and also by clicking Add and selecting the wav files from the Select Files screen

2) Option Keep foreign metadata enabled or disabled?
Disabled

3) Option Align on sector boundaries enabled or disabled? If enabled, fix or pad mode?

Enabled with FIX selected and encode into a different directory

The only one was to create CheckSum and it was .ffp
Old 2008-01-25, 12:24 PM
TTD Staff
1.24 TB/594.30 GB/0.47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stano View Post
Sorry for the delay, the flac files seemed to be fine, I listened to the full show, they are posted at tapers.org (The Banjo Killers). I think there were over 300 OK's I went through before the 3 finger salute. They came up as fast as I could close them out.

I did it 2 ways, drug the files into the app, and also by clicking Add and selecting the wav files from the Select Files screen

2) Option Keep foreign metadata enabled or disabled?
Disabled

3) Option Align on sector boundaries enabled or disabled? If enabled, fix or pad mode?

Enabled with FIX selected and encode into a different directory

The only one was to create CheckSum and it was .ffp
As I just answered to germain's post (see above yours), I did a lot of tests (using the latest v2.2.1.151), and each time the encoding section worked perfectly. As long as there are no more details so I'm able to reproduce an error on my side I can't do anything.

Robert
Old 2008-01-28, 07:04 AM
TTD Staff
1.24 TB/594.30 GB/0.47

Icon4 New release of Trader's Little Helper available

TLH version 2.2.2 (build 152) has been released. It only fixes a couple of bugs, so there aren't any new or enhanced features. Except one bug that crashes processing when checking a torrent bigger than 2 GB all bugs are minor ones "just" causing wrong statistics in some cases. For details see the changelog that comes with TLH.

Robert

Last edited by roann; 2008-01-28 at 07:12 AM.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Tags
tlh, traders little helper