The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2012-02-26, 08:42 AM
w00fers
TTD VIP
508.64 GB/369.25 GB/0.73

Phish 2-17-90 video

Hi folks....

As you may know, a video for the Phish 2-17-90 show has surfaced....I've got the "master" video which is a 30fps .flv file. It also has a weird resolution because it is a 4:3 embedded in a 16:9 format.

I have the real audio masters from cassette that I obtained back in 2003....

Anyone know how to make this flv into the 2 elementary streams that are dvd compliant so I can put the SBD audio to the video, and make the DVD.....?

So far I've had no luck getting the resulting elementary video stream to a useable state....it keeps telling me it is 30fps, and I can't figure out for the life of me how to correct this.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated so I can author and seed this thing here with 2ch SBD and 5.1DTS audio tracks.

Marmar
Old 2012-02-26, 09:03 AM
co9ol
303.62 GB/388.57 GB/1.28

Re: Phish 2-17-90 video

two things, (1) 30fps is a good frame rate and you don't need to correct this.
(2) I'm 99% sure you won't be able to upload that here because it was in flv format. You'd have to talk to the mods about it.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2012-02-26, 09:26 AM
w00fers
TTD VIP
508.64 GB/369.25 GB/0.73

1) if 30fps is ok, why does my authoring program (DVDLab Pro) give me flack about it....???

2) this is the ONLY source for this video, if I can't upload it here, I will upload it elsewhere...that's not a problem....

Like I said, for whatever reason, it's giving me problems....if someone here has the know-how, I'd GLADLY let them deal with the splitting into 2 dvd compliant elementary streams....I just want to change the audio from the cam audio to the SBD audio I have directly from the master tapes I have.
Old 2012-02-26, 10:26 AM
TTD Staff
0.00 KB/5.71 TB/Inf.

Easiest thing will be to send the files to someone with a MAC, according to this, you can import them in to vegas where you'll have to render them out mpeg2 (after cropping to correct the aspect ratio) to then be authored with lab pro.
http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/888556

It is seedable here.
Old 2012-02-26, 12:41 PM
w00fers
TTD VIP
508.64 GB/369.25 GB/0.73

Do such tools exist for windows? I'm runnin XP Pro....I've got AVStoDVD to split the streams...but DVDLab keeps givin me grief about it being 30fps????
Old 2012-02-29, 08:16 AM
261.58 GB/232.92 GB/0.89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmar View Post
Hi folks....

As you may know, a video for the Phish 2-17-90 show has surfaced....I've got the "master" video which is a 30fps .flv file. It also has a weird resolution because it is a 4:3 embedded in a 16:9 format.

I have the real audio masters from cassette that I obtained back in 2003....

Anyone know how to make this flv into the 2 elementary streams that are dvd compliant so I can put the SBD audio to the video, and make the DVD.....?

So far I've had no luck getting the resulting elementary video stream to a useable state....it keeps telling me it is 30fps, and I can't figure out for the life of me how to correct this.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated so I can author and seed this thing here with 2ch SBD and 5.1DTS audio tracks.

Marmar
Hey Marmar. This thread confuses me a bit. The "master file" is not .flv. The master file was an h.264 MOV file. Seems like an .flv would have some from a YouTube rip. The video that Dave uploaded to YouTube was (from memory) a 1.6gb MOV. If you pull the highest available file from YouTube it's a little over 700MB (from memory). So that has obviously been encoded by YouTube. You could have asked me about this. Have you made any strides? I am about to see the DVDR.
Old 2012-03-01, 07:52 AM
TheD00d
TTD VIP
2.43 TB/265.62 TB/109.27

tell whoever made you the flv to give you the actual video masters not an captured .flv that was captured wrongly from a 4:3 source captured in 16:9 and 30fps is also wrong it should be 29.97fps as it is mpeg2 and from an old source most likely VHS or BETA so tell the peeps you got it from to send you the tape so you can re capture and work it correctly for " archiving" correctly.

As the .flv wasn't even around in 1990... nevermind a popular format until ugh few years ago
and is mainly for streaming not setop players.

enjoy and good luck with that if you'de like a vhs of it i have one
but ide guess its at least 2nd or 3rd gen from the master... thus why i figured to wait
and see if the actual masters ever surfaced first.

i've got a bunch of older shows on vhs that need to be done
but atm im not doing them im doing all my DAT masters got about 40 more to go and im calling it a day.. year...month...whatever far too many dat masters.

also if you or anyone you know would like to do some TAB/trey master dats to hdd i have about 50 shows/DAT masters fob's mostly i won't be touching sooo if anyone wants to i can ship them to you for transfering just pay me for the shipping and price of blanks 1.00 -2.00 a tape and you can keep the masters and all. as i am done with them and will never transfer.

thanks an have a good day

uni-
Old 2012-03-03, 08:17 AM
w00fers
TTD VIP
508.64 GB/369.25 GB/0.73

Cleantone....your audio sync was and is WAY off.....You really should have spent more time on it. It's embarrassing to me to have my name attached to it as it stands. People know me for QUALITY.....

I asked you for the master file....

Your finalized file absolutely will not load in any of my video editing software. And now we know why it doesn't play well on other devices, 30fps....I was going to try and make it watchable by re-syncing the audio, mastering the audio driectly from my masters, and then authoring to dvd.

If I can get the transfer you used, I'd give that a shot.
Old 2012-03-03, 11:33 AM
261.58 GB/232.92 GB/0.89

Quote:
It's embarrassing to me to have my name attached to it as it stands.
I'm sorry you feel that way.

Regarding the sync, assuming you are watching this from YouTube, are you sure there isn't anyway that your machine is somehow causing a lag?

Also, I'm wondering if your perhaps missing a codec for this on your editing machine? I'm not sure why you would have trouble with it otherwise. Also, it should be 29.97fps. For what that is worth.

Last edited by cleantone; 2012-03-03 at 11:38 AM.
Old 2012-03-04, 08:41 AM
w00fers
TTD VIP
508.64 GB/369.25 GB/0.73

There was no lag.....LOTS of people had the same issue....

My machine isn't missing ANY codecs....EVERY editing program I tried gave the same errors....Nuendo, Sonic, and Vegas wouldn't even open it. Kept giving me a time of 00:00:00.00

All of my stand alone software played it just fine.....and even there, there was a massive sync issue....
Old 2012-03-04, 08:55 AM
261.58 GB/232.92 GB/0.89

I don't know what to tell you. That sounds like a codec issue to me. My machines and softwares played it. Obviously. The YouTube and all my output files appear to be in sync.
Old 2012-03-09, 10:29 AM
TheD00d
TTD VIP
2.43 TB/265.62 TB/109.27

it's also embarrassing to have Mar Mar associated with any projects what so ever..

my god when does it end.. when Mar Mar does the video oh that's right now its "perfect"

by his standards and everyone else is fucked. How about this clint send me the master files on a hdd with the master audio files and i will redo it and make sure it is done correctly so
we know for sure its done to the highest level and the audio is in sync and redone to lpcm
as arty wishes then he can stop crying and we can re-seed it correctly.

lmk what you think again just my .02

uni-
Old 2012-03-09, 04:46 PM
Too Big To Fail
47.12 GB/66.63 GB/1.41

So. A botched "master" video with a botched sync of botched "master" audio.

Where can I download? What a hoot. You guys have too much time.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble