The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
• Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2005-05-17, 09:13 PM
dreadneck
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

best bit torrent?

I was just wondering what was the preferred bit torrent. I've used a couple so far, ABC was my last one, but now I'm trying out the Bitlord, I'm not sure what the difference in them is besides their appearance. Anyone have any input?, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, how many shows can you download at the same time? Is it best to do one at a time? Thanks!
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-05-17, 10:16 PM
Thwumpt
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: best bit torrent?

I use "burst!", it's a little funky when you start it up because most of the time it starts other seeds I've done in the past that I don't want to seed at the time, so I have to close them. I don't know if it's me or the software, but it's not annoying enough for me to do anything about it.

I admit I sometimes download two at a time, but it depends completely on the situation. Like when it's two shows with only a couple of seeders, like to increase my chances of getting one of them. LOL. That's really the only time for me, because if I'm just doing one, it down and uploads both, faster. Your upload bandwidth contributes to your DL bandwidth in most situations.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-05-17, 10:16 PM
VBT Mod
TTD VIP
9.60 TB/15.17 TB/1.58

i like bittornado.
Old 2005-05-17, 10:20 PM
green and submarine
72.53 GB/89.11 GB/1.23

I also use BitTornado.
Azureus is supposed to be quite popular (though I think DaD doesn't allow the newest version).
Old 2005-05-17, 11:29 PM
rerem
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Azur slowed my old machine too much,back with bit tornado,which gives no grief,ever.
Old 2005-05-18, 04:10 PM
Columbia, SC
108.77 GB/109.04 GB/1.00

I still use the original -- BTGUI. I see no reason to change.

I download 2-3 shows at a time without much problem. It depends on what you want to do with your PC while your downloading. If I have 4-5 shows going it slows down my net surfing. Other apps run fine. I have a Dell with 512 megs of memory and a 2.66 GHz Pentium 4 processor. So it can multi-task pretty well. Sure wish I had a gig of memory. Uploads are capped by Road Runner at 43 Kb/s. I think that's plenty as I have had downloads in excess of 500 Kb/s (lots of seeders -- it's not the norm).

Rob
Old 2005-05-18, 07:40 PM
83.86 GB/21.76 GB/0.26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadneck
I was just wondering what was the preferred bit torrent. I've used a couple so far, ABC was my last one, but now I'm trying out the Bitlord, I'm not sure what the difference in them is besides their appearance. Anyone have any input?, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, how many shows can you download at the same time? Is it best to do one at a time? Thanks!
I use bitcomet, Itīs cool for me

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble