The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-03-20, 05:07 PM
89.52 GB/57.36 GB/0.64

Directory Problems with a torrent

Hi All,

I'm sorry to trouble you but I'm not sure who on the list is best to help me.

I have been having a repeating problem with one particular torrent that I am trying to get hold of.

I refer to the Aerosmith show (2001 Soundboard Orlando show). When I click on the torrent file at the bottom of the info and try to open the link my Bit tornado window opens (as normal) and then throws back at me "Error 22 couldn't allocate dir - the parameter is incorrect - C:\\my documents\\exact files\\ "etc etc.

I've checked my settings by trying another torrent - such as the badgholders Zep one and others- and they work fine so I figured it must be related to this aerosmith file. It seems funny that the program is trying to open a directory with double slashes in the rooting (see above). I've dropped a couple of posts off to the forum for that show - 5 people seem to have got the show OK - but I can't seem to even get it started. Is is unique to my PC (I'm using windows XP Pro) ? The name of the file has lots of #,_-/ etc - could this be an issue ?

As I say I'm sorry to bother you - but if you can shed some light on this I'd appreciate it.

Also, on a separate note - my upload rate seems pretty low. When I've finished downloading I always leave my PC on and the link active but the upload rate drops to 0 - and the little sad face shows up - how can I fix this? Is it something to do with my firewall? How can I allow a hole to be poked in this (something to do with port forwarding but I don't understand this) and what is the risk to my PC (data therein, viruses etc) if I do allow this to happen.

I want to be a "good member" on this group - I've been trading for 15 years the old fashioned way and am very new to this new technology of bit torrent.

Sorry again to take up your time - but any help would be appreciated. I have a massive Led Zeppelin and PAge / Plant list - once I've got my head around all this stuff I'll put some of it up on the list (see my site www.geocities.com/zeppelinmad/).
Thanks for taking the time to read all this.
Cheers
Andy
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-03-20, 07:47 PM
91.03 GB/72.68 GB/0.80

Re: Directory Problems with a torrent

Do you have windows firewall on? Because if you do you should turn it off and get a better one and if you have a router you need to forward ports.

http://portforward.com/english/route...outerindex.htm
Old 2007-03-20, 08:52 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Directory Problems with a torrent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Kelsall
The name of the file has lots of #,_-/ etc - could this be an issue ?
Yes, this could be the reason. If you use Azureus or utorrent, then it should not be an issue, but other bt clients may have a problem with it.

As for the firewall issue, head over to portforward.com , select Forward Ports, select your router on the new page, then select your bittorrent client on the next page, then follow the directions.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble