The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-01-10, 11:13 AM
1.70 TB/1.49 TB/0.88

Upload Error

Hi
I am getting the following error when i try to upload and seed a show:

Existing Data file length too large [1413>1381]

With the name of the file and name of the text file following it.

would i have to rename the text file with less characters?

anyway, please help if you can.

thanks
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-01-10, 11:27 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Upload Error

Are you talking about this show: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=32595
torrent name: Rolling Stones 12-14&15-1981 Its Ok I'm With the Band (Flac).torrent

Where are you getting the error? In your bittorrent client? If so, you can try just renaming the torrent file and see if that helps. It really is a good idea to keep the names short and not use lots of strange characters in it. That apostrophe may cause some people problems.

You may want to redo the torrent without those characters in there (which may mean renaming the folder? perhaps to "Rolling Stones 1981-12-xx"? and renaming the text file to not include the apostrophe also.)

Old 2007-01-10, 03:07 PM
1.70 TB/1.49 TB/0.88

ok i changed the name of the text file and it worked but only to 99.9%. i guess because i changed the text file name. how do i get it to 100% so i will share?

do i have to start over and re-upload from the beginning?
Old 2007-01-10, 03:44 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Yes, you need to start over or else no one will know when they are done. After you upload the new torrent, just hit the Report this Post button, , on the old one and ask us to remove it.

Old 2007-01-11, 01:47 PM
TTD VIP
437.11 GB/10.44 TB/24.45

i am having probs with 2 different shows
one i seeded originally and one i was asked to coseed
the original is raq 2006-02-11 and some people asked about a reseed
when i try to jump back on it "checks existing files" then once complete moves me to downloading - not seeding
in the log it says something like invalid becoded string

the coseed is dmb 9/15
i jump on that one and i get checking existing files > downloading > Error
then the log says something like invalid permissions/disc1/video_ts/_______ and gives me a different video_ts file almost everytime

any ideas? i have never had probs seeding or jumping back on it the past
Old 2007-01-11, 01:53 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Will,

For RAQ, did you try downloading the torrent from the thread and using that one? Perhaps something happened to the one on your drive. Or, have you tried using a different bt client? I have seen that error before and can't remember the cause.

As for the second, I've seen that before too and can't remember what I did to fix it. You may try making sure permissions on the folder (and subfolders) is set to read & write for you and also for others. I'm not sure if that will fix it though. Damn, I wish I could remember what I did to fix that error (or if I was even able to).

Old 2007-01-11, 08:30 PM
TTD VIP
437.11 GB/10.44 TB/24.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Will,

For RAQ, did you try downloading the torrent from the thread and using that one? Perhaps something happened to the one on your drive. Or, have you tried using a different bt client? I have seen that error before and can't remember the cause.

As for the second, I've seen that before too and can't remember what I did to fix it. You may try making sure permissions on the folder (and subfolders) is set to read & write for you and also for others. I'm not sure if that will fix it though. Damn, I wish I could remember what I did to fix that error (or if I was even able to).
i Dled the same torrent file from the original thread
i am using the same client and the original files are still on my HD

as for the 2nd, the video_ts folder does tell me i have to authenicate (type in my password) to move anything in or out of it, such as the md5 to check it
however i have others that do the same thing and they worked fine???
Old 2007-01-11, 10:09 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Both of these errors are recent...

Have you repaired permissions recently? Do you leave the computer on to do it's daily/weekly/monthly maintenance? Have to restarted the computer recently?

Old 2007-01-12, 08:44 AM
TTD VIP
437.11 GB/10.44 TB/24.45

Quote:
Both of these errors are recent...

Have you repaired permissions recently? Do you leave the computer on to do it's daily/weekly/monthly maintenance? Have to restarted the computer recently?
i leave it on 24/7
restarting everyfew weeks or if things seem slo or whatnot
i will try restarting now
thanks for the advice
Old 2007-01-12, 09:25 AM
TTD VIP
437.11 GB/10.44 TB/24.45

well that didn't work
Old 2007-01-12, 09:31 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I see you on RAQ right now at 99.98% . Can you tell which file you don't have complete? (Perhaps the text file or md5?)

Old 2007-01-12, 12:13 PM
TTD VIP
437.11 GB/10.44 TB/24.45

i don't know what file
they are all in my "main" folder anyway
Old 2007-01-12, 12:35 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

If you use Azureus, you can look at the torrent details and go to the Files tab and figure out which file is not complete.

My guess is that you may have inadvertently changed either the text file or the md5 file. Right now the RAQ show has a couple of seeders, so if you hopped onto it, it would 'fix' whichever file was not complete.

Quote:
as for the 2nd, the video_ts folder does tell me i have to authenicate (type in my password) to move anything in or out of it, such as the md5 to check it
however i have others that do the same thing and they worked fine???
So did you do a Get Info on the parent folder and then change the permissions so that you are the owner and can Read & Write for that folder and the sub-folders?

Old 2007-01-12, 02:42 PM
Giver of Zero Fucks
76.15 GB/132.64 GB/1.74

Maybe dmb is a new abbreviation for dumb
Old 2007-01-13, 09:26 PM
TTD VIP
437.11 GB/10.44 TB/24.45

Quote:
If you use Azureus, you can look at the torrent details and go to the Files tab and figure out which file is not complete.

My guess is that you may have inadvertently changed either the text file or the md5 file. Right now the RAQ show has a couple of seeders, so if you hopped onto it, it would 'fix' whichever file was not complete.

So did you do a Get Info on the parent folder and then change the permissions so that you are the owner and can Read & Write for that folder and the sub-folders?
bingo on raq
still no luck with dmb
oh well
thanks

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble