The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Home Forums FAQ Register Members List

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Closed Thread

Old 2022-10-20, 11:21 AM
1.29 TB/11.11 TB/8.62

Re: Firewall false positive?

Thanks for all you have done so far, xavier242. I show as firewalled since these problems began months ago. Never happened at TTD for years before this. This is the only torrent site out of ten that I use that is firewalled. Also reseeded several shows today as requested and upload ratio has not changed despite sharing a few GB. Something is still a bit screwy.
Old 2022-10-20, 07:03 PM
TTD Administrator
TTD Staff
3.65 TB/8.38 TB/2.30

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueterra View Post
I show as firewalled since these problems began months ago. Never happened at TTD for years before this. This is the only torrent site out of ten that I use that is firewalled.
Yeah something is odd. I was able to download the Alanis Morissette 1996-04-01 gig from you, but not for some time. Initially the peers list showed you as firewalled (red port). After a few hours it changed to not firewalled (black port) and downloaded ok. I have queued up most of the rest of your seeds even though all show as firewalled.

What router do you have, or is it a router/cable/fiber modem directly connected to your PC? How old is the equipment?
What operating system and torrent program?
Are you using a VPN?

I will discuss trying an experiment with Cloudflare turned off this weekend, since the server hardware appears to be fixed now and U2Lynne thinks Cloudflare may be causing tracker issues.

xavier242
Old 2022-10-20, 09:10 PM
1.29 TB/11.11 TB/8.62

Hey.
The router is a Technicolor branded model from my cable co., connected directly.
Client is uTorrent 2.2.1 running on Windows 7, not using VPN.
Again, all is fine elsewhere. I noticed that someone grabbed a few shows earlier and they seemed to upload with decent speed.
blueterra
Old 2022-10-21, 08:20 PM
TTD Administrator
TTD Staff
3.65 TB/8.38 TB/2.30

Several gigs transferred but the rest are stuck at 0%. U2Lynne is (hopefully) taking a peek at the VAN MORRISON 2000-03-24 'Point Depot gig.

I had the same issue on FIOS (with forwarding rules in place) and TTD only. VPNs that offer forwarding all seem to have the issue with TTD. They all work fine on any other P2P service (when forwarding is proper), so yeah I blame the tracker too.

I'm building a prototype server to be cloned with TTD in my home lab and Wireshark may give some clue what's going on with the these stalled torrents. Parts come next week.

Cloudflare was a bust. The site nearly went down this morning when I turned Cloudflare off. Runaway process creation from the web server gobbling up all the RAM... I suspect the web server config is messed up but can't troubleshoot without the prototype box.

<rant>
To folks munching popcorn laughing... Linux sucks especially when there are no drive image backups (or any system backups) and you're not a Linux SSH guru and the box isn't in front of you. All the stuff I'd normally use on Linux for troubleshooting isn't installed. I'm afraid of changing ANYTHING on the server as that may kill the site permanently. Thus the prototype box build (at every Admin job I've had it was SOP to test on the prototype before deploying to the production box). The new production TTD server is getting a damn GUI desktop I can securely VNC into. I haven't touched a terminal only Linux box in 25 years.
</rant>

xavier242
Old 2022-10-22, 09:04 PM
4.35 TB/150.57 TB/34.59

Barely seeing any upload all month, now today my first can't download. Going to have to delete these seeds. Will hold off on deleting older seeds where am only one or two, assuming this is going to be leveled out?

Thank you for all the effort.
Old 2022-10-24, 12:45 PM
367.75 GB/1.48 TB/4.12

I am kind of having the same issues. "Historic" downloads from the site are not connecting and so I appear to be giving nothing back. I tried one new download and it came down the wire just as fast as ever and it does appear to be connecting for upload to the community albeit not as much as I would expect. I too appear to be connecting okay to the other sites mentioned here.
Old 2022-10-25, 01:06 AM
TTD Administrator
TTD Staff
3.65 TB/8.38 TB/2.30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruschi View Post
Barely seeing any upload all month, now today my first can't download. Going to have to delete these seeds. Will hold off on deleting older seeds where am only one or two, assuming this is going to be leveled out?

Thank you for all the effort.
Please try to be patient. The parts for the prototype server box began arriving today.

I and others have begun permaseeding everything. We have sufficient space and bandwidth to seed the site many times over.

I have disabled the torrent expire function of the site. Please do not delete your torrent threads.

You can currently work around ANY firewalled issue by getting a VPN subscription with IVPN. I have verified on two boxes that IVPN is not firewalled and can seed. It's smart to use a VPN for privacy reasons too.

xavier242
Old 2022-10-25, 11:31 AM
4.35 TB/150.57 TB/34.59

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier242 View Post
Please try to be patient. The parts for the prototype server box began arriving today.

I and others have begun permaseeding everything. We have sufficient space and bandwidth to seed the site many times over.

I have disabled the torrent expire function of the site. Please do not delete your torrent threads.

You can currently work around ANY firewalled issue by getting a VPN subscription with IVPN. I have verified on two boxes that IVPN is not firewalled and can seed. It's smart to use a VPN for privacy reasons too.

xavier242
Had to delete all the stuff from this month going nowhere but haven't touched the legacy stuff and will be patient.

IVPN is good idea but not an option with my setup, which is private.

Thank you.
Old 2022-10-26, 05:55 PM
72.82 TB/109.35 TB/1.50

When the server was put behind cloudflare on Sept 7 the code was updated to pull client IPs from the custom "CF-Connecting-IP" header provided by cloudflare rather than using the client IP that is reported by the local server right ?

https://developers.cloudflare.com/fu...quest-headers/

If not that could explain some of the seemingly non-determinstic "firewalled" issues.

I can elaborate but i'm not going to bother typing that explanation out if it doesn't apply.
Old 2022-10-26, 08:03 PM
TTD Administrator
TTD Staff
3.65 TB/8.38 TB/2.30

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank carson View Post
When the server was put behind cloudflare on Sept 7 the code was updated to pull client IPs from the custom "CF-Connecting-IP" header provided by cloudflare rather than using the client IP that is reported by the local server right ?

https://developers.cloudflare.com/fu...quest-headers/

If not that could explain some of the seemingly non-determinstic "firewalled" issues.

I can elaborate but i'm not going to bother typing that explanation out if it doesn't apply.
I have no idea. U2Lynne, any ideas?
I just sent her an email to look at this.

xavier242
Old 2022-10-28, 10:31 AM
1.13 TB/251.91 GB/0.22

I do hope this issue gets resolved. I've uploaded 416 kB since October 7th. I can download obviously but if I can't upload I'm not sharing, just taking. I don't see that as cool. I love the music I download from here and I want as many people to hear it as possible. And if I'm helping that to happen then I'm happy. Equilibrium. Well, not if you look at my ratio but there's more seeds than leechers on most of these torrents so I like to keep my torrents going for a couple months if possible. Upload what I can.

Thanks to all those with the technical knowledge. Hope you guys (gals too?) figure this out. I'm a framer so like I tell everyone, if it ain't made outta wood, I can't fix it.

Roman
Old 2022-10-28, 12:12 PM
1.99 TB/1.77 TB/0.89

Well that share ratio sure ain't made out of wood.
Old 2022-10-28, 05:18 PM
TTD Administrator
TTD Staff
3.65 TB/8.38 TB/2.30

Ro-Ro-
TTD peer list says you are using uTorrent, correct?
It's saying your port number is 1. That's not going to work.

What settings do you have in Connections on uTorrent?

xavier242
Old 2022-10-29, 01:41 PM
1.13 TB/251.91 GB/0.22

Why won't port 1 work anymore? It did before.

Randomize is the only unchecked box, UPnP, NAT-PMP and Windows firewall exception all ticked.

No proxy settings used.

Roman

P.S. Homebrew101, I know it's not but like I said there's more seeders than leechers. I like to upload torrents when I make small revisions like fixing gaps at the track change and such. I don't get in above my head with the tech stuff, no remastering or pitch correction. But those uploads are few and far between. Those are the torrents where I do get to do uploading but even with those I'm quickly just one of many seeds. But I ain't goin' nowhere so it'll just be a long, slow slog. It'll be easier though when I can finally connect with others and that's up to what xavier242 can figure out. So I'll be patient and wait and see. Good luck, xavier242. I don't envy you but I'll keep the faith that things will get straightened out.

Last edited by Ro-Ro; 2022-10-29 at 01:58 PM.
Old 2022-10-29, 03:43 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro-Ro View Post
I do hope this issue gets resolved. I've uploaded 416 kB since October 7th. I can download obviously but if I can't upload I'm not sharing, just taking. I don't see that as cool. I love the music I download from here and I want as many people to hear it as possible. And if I'm helping that to happen then I'm happy. Equilibrium. Well, not if you look at my ratio but there's more seeds than leechers on most of these torrents so I like to keep my torrents going for a couple months if possible. Upload what I can.
Every single one of the shows that you are trying to seed has 0 leechers. And then since you are also downloading other shows, your ratio can only go down right now.

Closed Thread

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble