The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Home Forums FAQ Register Members List

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2022-09-21, 05:55 AM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: Saving the site?

In the new updated version of TTD, will you still allow the changing of avatars of Russian propagandists?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2022-09-21, 12:30 PM
Champion of the Silent
TTD VIP
727.47 GB/6.99 TB/9.84

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier242 View Post
I can confirm that I will be doing my best to keep TTD up. There are a number of major issues that I'll be working on over the next few weeks. I have recommended shutting down the forums during the peak weekend hours to prevent database corruption. I don't know if that means taking the tracker down too. I'll know more in the coming days.

Please continue to seed and share new torrents. TTD will make it through this.
Great news indeed! Thanks so much!
Old 2022-09-22, 05:32 PM
4.35 TB/150.66 TB/34.61

Old 2022-09-23, 09:52 AM
93.88 GB/2.55 TB/27.84

Great effort, xavier242!

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies".
Old 2022-09-23, 10:21 AM
93.88 GB/2.55 TB/27.84

I'd like to leave a link to some other replacement TTD site that had just emerged on FreeForums: https://thetradersden.freeforums.net/.

I don't who runs it, just an "Admin" login there. All of the current TTD users' accounts haven't been migrated, it seems, so it appears to be a side thing.

I'm not sure should its admin be contacted for a possible migration or merging or closing (in case the TTD itself will remain behind its current domain name), I'm posting this here for a possible consideration.
Old 2022-09-23, 10:24 AM
wanna buy me a drink????
1.88 TB/2.30 TB/1.22

It is another site grown by users here when it looked like this was closing.
"Trust a pro" Keith Richards
"here is my offer: nothing" Mike C
Old 2022-09-23, 05:26 PM
1.54 TB/1.43 TB/0.93

Quote:
Some weird database or connection errors are the result of race conditions that occur when peak loads happen.

The proper fix is in software, but usually that's not necessary with modern hardware. In particular is the database drive's performance. Intel's MLC flash drives are a must- like the DC S3700 or one of the PCIe or NVMe variants. They have IOs/sec hundreds or thousands of times higher than spinning rust and long life (you'll be gone before they fail). They vastly outperform consumer TLC and QLC SSD drives.

If that's not fast enough, there's ramdisks, which are stupid fast though pricey.

I use the DCS3700 for boot drives and audio-video work drives. The 400GB drive is rated at 7300TBW and often lasts several times longer. Compare with consumer TLC and QLC drives that fail after 200 to 750TBW. At my prior Systems Admin job, I used them on any multiuser database and never had any strange issues.

I'm partially retired and have over 20 years of PHP MySQL experience in both Windows and Linux environments. I have selected hosting providers, installed, configured, admined several PHP based sites and modded lots of PHP. I'm also a Systems Engineer with extensive programming experience in C++, C#, Delphi, Lazarus, assembler (any CPU or microcontroller), AutoIt, Python, Javascript, VBS, BASIC, and scripts in various shells.

I'm an analog, digital, and power electronics Design Engineer and an AutoCAD and Solidworks guru and 3D printing expert. I'm a web developer too- PHP, ASP.NET, and Coldfusion. I've also done a lot of expert systems and a few simple AI designs. I automate as many tasks as possible. I created a VIP-files downloader in AutoIt (this is about the 100th thing I've automated with AutoIt). I can probably automate stopping goofs.

I'm an audio and videophile and experienced with post production and audio-video mastering and restoration (I have Avisynth and Topaz VEAI dreams). Drones and fast chargers for batteries- blame me... I was a pioneer in that field in the 90s and helped design the first brushless DC motor technology and automatic fast chargers for the RC model airplane market. I tape gigs and recently learned the tricks to getting great recordings. I build my own gear.

A lot of that is not really relevant but the point is that I'm a problem solver with good social skills. If I can't solve a problem, I find someone who can. Due to lack of time (and so I don't go insane), I often delegate tasks to other qualified individuals. I have a CS degree but most of what I know is self-taught.

I would be honored to admin The Traders Den and manage the site and moderators, do fundraisers, as well as fix the server and tracker issues. If interested, please send me a PM.

And folks thought xavier242 was just a silly thread. No, I'm an actual real person.
Hi, Bradley! THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU for saving The Trader's Den! I would've REALLY missed this terribly, and I sincerely appreciate your herculean efforts to keep it going!
Old 2022-09-24, 12:44 AM
MARTO GNR
184.95 GB/818.93 GB/4.43

GODDAMN F*CKIN YEAAHHHHH thanks... THANNNKKSSS a HUGE TNX!

Martin

Quote:
Some weird database or connection errors are the result of race conditions that occur when peak loads happen.

The proper fix is in software, but usually that's not necessary with modern hardware. In particular is the database drive's performance. Intel's MLC flash drives are a must- like the DC S3700 or one of the PCIe or NVMe variants. They have IOs/sec hundreds or thousands of times higher than spinning rust and long life (you'll be gone before they fail). They vastly outperform consumer TLC and QLC SSD drives.

If that's not fast enough, there's ramdisks, which are stupid fast though pricey.

I use the DCS3700 for boot drives and audio-video work drives. The 400GB drive is rated at 7300TBW and often lasts several times longer. Compare with consumer TLC and QLC drives that fail after 200 to 750TBW. At my prior Systems Admin job, I used them on any multiuser database and never had any strange issues.

I'm partially retired and have over 20 years of PHP MySQL experience in both Windows and Linux environments. I have selected hosting providers, installed, configured, admined several PHP based sites and modded lots of PHP. I'm also a Systems Engineer with extensive programming experience in C++, C#, Delphi, Lazarus, assembler (any CPU or microcontroller), AutoIt, Python, Javascript, VBS, BASIC, and scripts in various shells.

I'm an analog, digital, and power electronics Design Engineer and an AutoCAD and Solidworks guru and 3D printing expert. I'm a web developer too- PHP, ASP.NET, and Coldfusion. I've also done a lot of expert systems and a few simple AI designs. I automate as many tasks as possible. I created a VIP-files downloader in AutoIt (this is about the 100th thing I've automated with AutoIt). I can probably automate stopping goofs.

I'm an audio and videophile and experienced with post production and audio-video mastering and restoration (I have Avisynth and Topaz VEAI dreams). Drones and fast chargers for batteries- blame me... I was a pioneer in that field in the 90s and helped design the first brushless DC motor technology and automatic fast chargers for the RC model airplane market. I tape gigs and recently learned the tricks to getting great recordings. I build my own gear.

A lot of that is not really relevant but the point is that I'm a problem solver with good social skills. If I can't solve a problem, I find someone who can. Due to lack of time (and so I don't go insane), I often delegate tasks to other qualified individuals. I have a CS degree but most of what I know is self-taught.

I would be honored to admin The Traders Den and manage the site and moderators, do fundraisers, as well as fix the server and tracker issues. If interested, please send me a PM.

And folks thought xavier242 was just a silly thread. No, I'm an actual real person.
Old 2022-10-15, 03:51 AM
3.05 TB/8.36 TB/2.74

What can I do to help out. I could help with some admin things such as behind the scene things, donations, thank you's, etc. I have been around back to before the EZT and TTD started.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions