The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2008-05-13, 02:15 PM
136.27 GB/88.59 GB/0.65

upload help

I have tried and tried to upload at this an other sites..Have NO LUCK at all in doing this...I Need some help...
thanks.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2008-05-13, 02:46 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: upload help

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhibill View Post
I have tried and tried to upload at this an other sites..Have NO LUCK at all in doing this...I Need some help...
thanks.
Do you mean upload a show to the tracker or just seed a show after you finished a download? Let us know what bittorrent client you are using also.

Old 2008-05-17, 02:21 AM
"Stone Free to Do as I Please"
407.09 GB/299.83 GB/0.74

I'm new at this, too. I started out downloading shows but would delete them after burning them to disc. I'm making quite a few mistakes. I just spent a week-and-a-half downloading a full show (two discs) on dial-up and have had it in the seed mode but I dont (and haven't) seen any activity. I'm downloading another show right now and have the zep show in 'seed' mode. The current dl hasn't uploaded a single kb and the show is over 25 percent complete. I have utorrent 1.7.7 (and the newest beta addition) with crappy dial-up. What gives?
Also, a friend at work who is a purported pc geek, says that since I have dial-up I dont have a 'router', if this is true, how can I forward my ports (other than just using random ones all the time). I think I read somewhere (probably here) that it's best to use ports 6881-6889 for best results. Does this mean to have all of those open all the time, and if so, how?
I went to portforwarding.com for help and it went through this big speil about getting a model number off of your router, etc, then I find out I dont have one!?! Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
I want to upload as much as possibe just like the next guy, I just need a little help. Pretty soon my ratio is gonna go in the negative!!!
Old 2008-05-17, 09:08 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

If you guys go to your profile page (here is yours stonefreelee), you may click on the Current activity on tracker link and see what torrents you are currently active on. It also shows the Seeders/Leechers/Completes for those shows. stonefreelee, the show you are trying to seed has 0 leechers. You won't get any sharing of data on that show until there is at least 1 leecher.

I'm really not familiar with trying to torrent using dial-up since I've never done it. Can I suggest that you check out the Vines forums and the Snail Mail Trading forums.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble