The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2008-01-26, 01:50 PM
Bob
173.32 GB/1.99 TB/11.76

extracting the audio from dvd download

If anybody can give me the name of some free software to use to extract the audio from downloaded dvd torrents to put on cd's i really would appreciate it, i tried some programs that split the songs between somewhere after the song stars, not between tracks....tricky this stuff

Thanx

Bob
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2008-01-26, 01:55 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: extracting the audio from dvd download

Have you checked out videohelp.com yet?

Old 2008-01-26, 03:15 PM
46.96 GB/23.05 GB/0.49

When i extract audio from a dvd it extracts it in ac3.Is it possible to convert to wav,then to flac and then seed it.I dont know much about dvd audio and what can be seeded and what cant ,and why.Any help greatly appreciated,as i have permission to film a great support act but not the main act,but might try and get audio with my mini dv camera.Il be using my md for taping,but thought if its possible make two recordings of it.
Old 2008-01-26, 03:36 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEPPER View Post
When i extract audio from a dvd it extracts it in ac3.Is it possible to convert to wav,then to flac and then seed it.I dont know much about dvd audio and what can be seeded and what cant ,and why.Any help greatly appreciated,as i have permission to film a great support act but not the main act,but might try and get audio with my mini dv camera.Il be using my md for taping,but thought if its possible make two recordings of it.
If the DVD audio was in ac3 (lossy) originally, and extracted as either wav or ac3, then it can't be seeded here since no matter what you extract is as, it was still lossy to begin with. However, if it was LPCM (lossless) and extracted as wav, then in may be seeded here.

I have never extracted audio from a DVD so I can't help with methods and options.

Old 2008-01-27, 05:01 AM
Lockout here
561.46 GB/867.76 GB/1.55

Windows freeware:
1. ProjectX to demux (separate audio and video stream): http://www.videohelp.com/tools/ProjectX
2. http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm and install additional codecs from "Codec Central"
Old 2008-01-30, 11:21 PM
Rocío Lover
125.70 GB/30.97 GB/0.25

The best program so far is DVD AUDIO EXTRACTOR

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble