The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Home Forums FAQ Register Members List

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2023-03-04, 03:31 AM
56.55 GB/35.11 GB/0.62

Extraction guide links dead?

Hi,
I'm back at Trader's Den after a long absence and had a look at the instructions for extracting audio using EAC. The links to the guides seems to be dead though. Do you have any alternative guides to recommend?

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...io#faq_ripping
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2023-03-04, 05:21 AM
56.55 GB/35.11 GB/0.62

Re: Extraction guide links dead?

I use EAC 1.6 and have some specific questions:

1. How do I set secure mode? I feel like I looked everywhere but haven't found a setting saying "secure mode". I have googled but only found guides for older versions looking very different.

2. Should I change the "Additional command line options" in External compression?
-6 -V -T "ARTIST=%artist%" -T "TITLE=%title%" -T "ALBUM=%albumtitle%" -T "DATE=%year%" -T "TRACKNUMBER=%tracknr%" -T "GENRE=%genre%" -T "COMMENT=%comment%" -T "BAND=%albuminterpret%" -T "ALBUMARTIST=%albuminterpret%" -T "COMPOSER=%composer%" %haslyrics%--tag-from-file=LYRICS="%lyricsfile%"%haslyrics% -T "DISCNUMBER=%cdnumber%" -T "TOTALDISCS=%totalcds%" -T "TOTALTRACKS=%numtracks%" %hascover%--picture="%coverfile%"%hascover% %source% -o %dest%

3. Is the external compression program FLAC.EXE which is referred to in the linage example below?
Silver bootleg CD > EAC > WAV > Flac Frontend > FLAC
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble