The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Home Forums FAQ Register Members List

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2022-09-06, 07:19 PM
Crimson (Greg)
12.65 TB/7.51 TB/0.59

Re: Tracker problems

Before I (or anyone can change Proxy settings we need to know which type is being used:
HTTP
HTTPS
Socks4
Socks5
The default is none. I have no idea which to select? I don't believe this will solve this issue though. I'm able to connect normally to older torrents such as ones I search for from weeks/months & years ago. I'm unable to connect to anyone when I attempt to download from todays uploads. I'm getting a blank in the tracker status column on both older and current torrents. I'm able to connect to current uploads on my phone but I can't seem to upload a single byte. I can only download. Keep in mind that all of us are connecting to other trackers than just TTD and changing settings are problematic (at best) relating to their potential collateral damage to performance on those other trackers. Are the most recent uploads to TTD being processed in some different way that would only disallow us from connecting to peers on those but not archival torrents?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2022-09-06, 07:41 PM
Champion of the Silent
TTD VIP
727.47 GB/6.99 TB/9.84

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
Have you tried toggling any of the proxy settings?

Very odd that I've only heard of it happening with uTorrent and not all versions of uTorrent since I have seen several in the peers listings.
Just tried each setting - no luck.
Old 2022-09-06, 07:45 PM
1.31 TB/5.71 TB/4.34

I have also been having this issue. I use uTorrent 2.2.1.
Old 2022-09-07, 12:00 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Great information, Crimson, regarding being able to download old torrents but not new torrents. How about using other torrent clients, do they work? Very odd problem.

Old 2022-09-07, 12:12 AM
Champion of the Silent
TTD VIP
727.47 GB/6.99 TB/9.84

Lynne - except for this problem, it is great to see that the on-going issues appear to be fixed. When I uploaded a torrent today and everything worked on the first try I thought a miracle had happened!
Old 2022-09-07, 02:12 AM
Crimson (Greg)
12.65 TB/7.51 TB/0.59

Quote:
Great information, Crimson, regarding being able to download old torrents but not new torrents. How about using other torrent clients, do they work? Very odd problem.
I've only tried three versions of uTorrent. Experimenting with other clients is something I've done before and don't care to revisit if at all avoidable. I've tried them all and with my particular use case nothing compares to uTorrent. Various problems with other clients make them prohibitive if I intend to utilize bt.etree. TTD, DAD, ZOMB & Lossless Legs and maintain acceptable ratios. Some clients just won't work at all. I should say that I really do genuinely appreciate all your (and the remainder of Mods) efforts on our behalf. I just know there's a solution to this issue. It's only the most recent torrents. There must be an explanation. The website mostly displays text only and is usually reporting falsely that I'm firewalled. I haven't changed anything on my end. Hopefully there's something that can be done. Thank you especially for your time and attention regarding this matter. Please let me know if there's anything I can try here on my end.
Old 2022-09-07, 04:02 AM
501.48 GB/1.71 TB/3.50

I use µTorrent 3.5.5 and from 2 weeks my port is closed
but I still could download and upload till today.
TTD not working but 'Dime' is OK? Problem with TTD only
Old 2022-09-07, 07:56 AM
Crimson (Greg)
12.65 TB/7.51 TB/0.59

Now I'm able to download some of yesterdays torrents:
Erik Jekabson quintet 2022-09-03 San Francisco CA (FLAC) - AudFellow
I'm unable to download one from later in the day:
Aerosmith 2022-09-04 Maine Savings Amphitheater, Bangor, ME (FLAC) - dandrew
The bottom line seems to be I can only download a torrent here when any seeding opportunity is gone. So close, yet so far. Please submit this to the techies on staff and see if there's anything they can troubleshoot. Any help from other users on this thread would be more than welcome as well.
On an additional (and maybe related) note, I'm logged out immediately after closing the page. I have to log in every time I visit regardless of how long it's been since I last visited. Remember me was checked.
The website is displaying normally except for the forums and search results. Still being warned I'm firewalled falsely. Could any of this indicate that Chrome (which is up to date) has something to do with this? It could indicate the server is malfunctioning in some way for me.

Last edited by Crimson; 2022-09-07 at 08:05 AM.
Old 2022-09-07, 08:26 AM
3.32 TB/3.09 TB/0.93

UTorrent not connecting for me either. Version 3.5.5 (build 45672) (32 bit). All other trackers are working properly.
Old 2022-09-07, 08:44 AM
wanna buy me a drink????
1.88 TB/2.30 TB/1.22

wow I guess I had gotten used to how poorly the site worked. Thanks Lynne!
"Trust a pro" Keith Richards
"here is my offer: nothing" Mike C
Old 2022-09-07, 11:59 AM
TTD VIP
567.29 GB/2.37 TB/4.28

I use Transmission on the Mac, and my client has also been having trouble connecting and staying connected when seeding yesterday. I was planning to try to seed another show today, but not sure whether I will proceed after the issues I had yesterday. Yesterday's did eventually seed, but not right away and not for very long (apparently, I wasn't watching). I kind of freaked out thinking it was something I did and went through deleting the thread and redoing the whole thing. At least the connection reset bug wasn't around yesterday.

Quote:
I am looking into this. It probably has to do with the site now using cloudflare.

I do see that torrents have been uploaded today and have been completed by several people. So is this an issue only with users using uTorrent?
Old 2022-09-07, 12:24 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I've looked at a couple of torrent files and they look normal to me. So, I don't think it is an issue with the torrent files themselves.

When you say you are unable to download a show, do you mean unable to download the torrent file itself, or the show is not downloading once the file is in uTorrent? And did you check to make sure there were seeders?

Are you getting an error in uTorrent (or Transmission)?

Has anyone tried a different version of uTorrent? Everyone here that is having problems seems to be using uTorrent 3.5.5.

If you are getting a page with just text, try doing a Force Refresh. Cloudflare caches files like the stylesheets and images and it sounds like it didn't serve them up.

Old 2022-09-07, 12:40 PM
swintonboy
62.27 GB/22.68 TB/372.87

Quote:
I've looked at a couple of torrent files and they look normal to me. So, I don't think it is an issue with the torrent files themselves.

When you say you are unable to download a show, do you mean unable to download the torrent file itself, or the show is not downloading once the file is in uTorrent? And did you check to make sure there were seeders?

Are you getting an error in uTorrent (or Transmission)?

Has anyone tried a different version of uTorrent? Everyone here that is having problems seems to be using uTorrent 3.5.5.

If you are getting a page with just text, try doing a Force Refresh. Cloudflare caches files like the stylesheets and images and it sounds like it didn't serve them up.
Manillo was on 2.1.1 and had the same problem.

Some of my torrents are 2 years old, the problem is universal across them.
Old 2022-09-07, 12:43 PM
1.12 TB/1.81 TB/1.61

Quote:
Are you using the latest version of uTorrent? I'm also seeing several peers on the tracker that are successfully connecting using uTorrent. Have you tried quitting uTorrent and restarting?
I just tried exiting utorrent and restarting it and no help.
All I get when I load a torrent is "finding peers". All other sites work just dandy.
Please resolve this if you can - I dont want to have to change settings in my utorrent as it may create problems with all the other sites.
Thanks very much!
Old 2022-09-07, 01:40 PM
591.19 GB/4.74 TB/8.21

The site is running much much better, hopefully it keeps it that way
Only my layout changed into a white background instead of grey what I am used to.
Anyone do know how to change that ?
I looked into the settings but I can't find.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble