The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Home Forums FAQ Register Members List

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2024-03-13, 03:09 AM
27.53 TB/46.04 TB/1.67

Thumbs up TTD not well.. download strategy to use

As some may have noticed, the site hardware/software is not well. It went down again most of last weekend.

xavier242 has a plan to get moved to a new box, OS, and site software. The domain will remain the same. Details to be announced when they are decided.

He has asked me to limit my peak seeding to reduce server harddrive activity (they're not SSDs).

So queue up your downloads even if no one is seeding them and be patient. I'll activate 7500 torrents twice a night (15000 per day) to see if anyone is trying to download. Any that connect, I'll keep running until they are done, but the rest I'll stop (and rinse, repeat). Hopefully this allows the site to stay up until we transition. With this strategy, it could take 6 days for your download to begin. It is what it is...

There's one TTD member with an awesome script for TTD that can do seeding on demand. I may ask if others could help run the script. I know roughly how it works and with perhaps 5 others running it, it would not put much load on the server IMO. Set up is probably not trivial and you'll need the torrents downloaded already and not renamed (it's like 40TB of data). I'll try to get some more details.

When the cutover date is announced, the new site should be up within a few hours. xavier242 is trying to get the old server hardware as he was not able to make a TTD site backup remotely (all the data). Once he has the drives, the plan is to make the old site available on the new server, probably in a static read-only mode, and accessible either via the new search, or directly (possibly with the same links). He may need some help coding this.

The plan is to keep the TTD high standards and recreate the documents and look of the old site. If he uses a phpBB based site, it could happen. The new box will of course have SSDs (hopefully high endurance database type).

The reddit thread he sent me:
https://www.reddit.com/r/trackers/co...nd_method_for/

He and I are studying this one as a possible replacement:
https://github.com/torrentpier/torrentpier

And xavier242 tells me there's going to be an ongoing fundraiser. U2Lynne has kept the site alive for far too long. It's time we chip in. Details to be announced.

He also said the posting wizard will not be recreated. I hate it. I think most others do too. I strongly believe it's so confusing, it keeps many from posting.

Comments invited.
DH
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2024-03-13, 07:20 AM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: TTD not well.. download strategy to use

YouTube Video
Old 2024-03-13, 09:53 AM
1.31 TB/5.71 TB/4.34

I wonder if this will finally straighten out the false firewall display some of us have.
Old 2024-03-13, 07:49 PM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Does this mean all threads on here will be permanently closed? Will there be a new forum for shitposting spicy memes?
Old 2024-03-17, 06:41 PM
54.88 GB/508.32 GB/9.26

Thanks to all who are working on this. We appreciate it.
Old 2024-03-18, 03:08 AM
Damned
153.36 GB/1.23 TB/8.21

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datahound View Post
[...]

The plan is to keep the TTD high standards and recreate the documents and look of the old site. If he uses a phpBB based site, it could happen. The new box will of course have SSDs (hopefully high endurance database type).

[...]
Begging you, please, don't. While I've no objections to other changes/modifications you mentioned (and fair play to you and all other people involved to keep site and tracker alive), so far there's no more reliable (and configurable) alternative to vBulletin.
Old 2024-03-27, 07:54 AM
301.70 GB/804.79 GB/2.67

Is this part of the same problem? I cannot access the site with Google Chrome, but Edge works:

This site can’t provide a secure connectionwww.thetradersden.org uses an unsupported protocol.
ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH
Old 2024-03-30, 06:09 AM
Damned
153.36 GB/1.23 TB/8.21

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
Quote:
Originally Posted by petergoode View Post
[...]
ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH
More than likely just SSL certificate's out of date.
Old 2024-03-30, 07:39 AM
301.70 GB/804.79 GB/2.67

Quote:
Originally Posted by joujoujou View Post
More than likely just SSL certificate's out of date.
I only ran into the issue when using the https prefix...so, will just continue to use the http!

Needless to say, we have no reason to worry about security at TTD!

Thanks for sponsoring a great site...

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions