The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Home Forums FAQ Register Members List

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2022-09-13, 09:21 AM
694.10 GB/585.72 GB/0.84

Re: We've had a great 18 years!

Thank you so much for everything! Rock on!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2022-09-13, 09:22 AM
235.44 GB/83.38 GB/0.35

So sad to see TTD go but it was a great run.

Thank you for 18 years of live music downloads, especially for some of the under the radar artists I only saw here.
Old 2022-09-13, 09:40 AM
799.18 GB/1.96 TB/2.51

Long Live The Trader's Den
The Trader's Den is dying.
It was a great run
Old 2022-09-13, 09:50 AM
}{eywood, copyright fighter
TTD VIP
550.18 GB/2.40 TB/4.46

Location: too close to Niagara Falls to see what the big deal is

As one of a small group of prolific tapers I feel I will have to retire now. I have nowhere left to post things, and my online archive is now going away. I put my shows here thinking I could retrieve them from here until the end of time. I will miss the opportunity to share all my work with you. I can't really think of a place to put all this stuff these days. I'm not paying for enough space to host it all as links, and there aren't any good torrent sites left. You are breaking up a unique community. Shame on you
To enforce copyright laws is to prevent people from making peaceful use of the information they possess. If one has acquired the information legitimately it is a violation of freedom of speech to prevent one from using it, reproducing it, trading it. Information is a universal, existing in other people's minds and other people's property, and over these the originator has no legitimate sovereignty. Copyright laws extort from the public a reward enormously in excess of the labor measure of an entertainers' services, making them, in essence, discriminatory against anyone paid a single time for a job. The only way there will ever be balance is when we are either all paid ad infinitum for work we did years ago, or when they are not. Until then I will fight for the freedom of information by challenging copyright law every chance I get. Join the Pirate Party and help make a difference.
Old 2022-09-13, 10:02 AM
943.55 GB/735.18 GB/0.78

Would like to think you Lynne for this great site. One of my first stops everyday. You can never have enough great music. That's what you and the people who recorded shows and shared with all of us. Only been here 4 years but will really miss you as part of my day.

Happy Trails to you until we meet again.
Old 2022-09-13, 10:11 AM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeace View Post
As one of a small group of prolific tapers I feel I will have to retire now. I have nowhere left to post things, and my online archive is now going away. I put my shows here thinking I could retrieve them from here until the end of time. I will miss the opportunity to share all my work with you. I can't really think of a place to put all this stuff these days. I'm not paying for enough space to host it all as links, and there aren't any good torrent sites left. You are breaking up a unique community. Shame on you
Buy TTD out and run it yourself. Sounds like a lot of fun to keep maintaining tech from before Facebook and iPhones were things. You could always post your shows to Usenet newsgroups. Even the Pirate Bay is a shell of itself these days.

BRB. Going to write an article about how millennials and zoomers are killing BitTorrent sites.
Old 2022-09-13, 10:13 AM
4.44 TB/157.37 TB/35.41

How typical of a nouveau, self-righteous copyright extremist with uninformed and nonsensical freedom of speech citations--a hyperconsumer and not an artist obviously--to expect someone else to do all the hard work and spend all the money, to whine and spew negativity at first opportunity, take no lead whatsoever in fomenting new solution when the old go the way of all things, and invoke shame upon those who magnanimously and generously did generate solutions for nigh two decades.

Absolutely classic. No wonder things just keep getting more fraught and suckier. Thank you, haven't heard a "take my ball and go home" in a few days.
Old 2022-09-13, 10:26 AM
}{eywood, copyright fighter
TTD VIP
550.18 GB/2.40 TB/4.46

Location: too close to Niagara Falls to see what the big deal is

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryholmes View Post
Buy TTD out and run it yourself. Sounds like a lot of fun to keep maintaining tech from before Facebook and iPhones were things. You could always post your shows to Usenet newsgroups. Even the Pirate Bay is a shell of itself these days.

BRB. Going to write an article about how millennials and zoomers are killing BitTorrent sites.
Yeah I get it, but I'm old, and prefer the old school tech stick around for all us fogies to do things the way we're used to. I've never even seen nor understand Usenet, and no no no to TPB. That's not a place for quality bootlegs. Dime is of little use to me because they delete the shows once inactive, so only have a rolling archive of current torrents.

I'm also bummed because I have about 100 shows I've yet to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruschi View Post
haven't heard a "take my ball and go home" in a few days.
My ball has been given back to me and the other kids are leaving
To enforce copyright laws is to prevent people from making peaceful use of the information they possess. If one has acquired the information legitimately it is a violation of freedom of speech to prevent one from using it, reproducing it, trading it. Information is a universal, existing in other people's minds and other people's property, and over these the originator has no legitimate sovereignty. Copyright laws extort from the public a reward enormously in excess of the labor measure of an entertainers' services, making them, in essence, discriminatory against anyone paid a single time for a job. The only way there will ever be balance is when we are either all paid ad infinitum for work we did years ago, or when they are not. Until then I will fight for the freedom of information by challenging copyright law every chance I get. Join the Pirate Party and help make a difference.
Old 2022-09-13, 10:26 AM
71.86 GB/702.98 GB/9.78

Very very sad
Old 2022-09-13, 10:28 AM
922.18 GB/4.73 TB/5.25

Quote:
"Shame on you"?

That's pretty harsh.

I, too, am upset and saddened by this news.
Lynne has been running this site, unpaid, as a labour of love, for 18 years.
I hope she may reconsider, or that an angel or angels with the necessary skills may step in and take up the reins.

She is not obliged to provide free hosting for your torrent files.
You could always re-upload some to DIME or LL.

Meanwhile, shame on YOU for your outburst.

EDIT:
Quote:
Dime is of little use to me because they delete the shows once inactive, so only have a rolling archive of current torrents.
If you want torrents on DIME to remain active, keep seeding 'em! Inactive torrents here on TTD are removed, too!

Last edited by AlexPhoenix; 2022-09-13 at 10:33 AM.
Old 2022-09-13, 10:35 AM
1.23 TB/869.85 GB/0.69

Thanks for 18 yrs!!, best site on the Internet!!
Old 2022-09-13, 10:37 AM
1.50 TB/4.35 TB/2.91

Sad news but I get it. Running a site like this is a lot of work and is only a labor of love. Most people don't contribute anything and a few contribute everything. Wish everyone who put in the effort the best. Those who have the new content will still have it and will still share it. Just harder to find it like the old days before torrenting.
Old 2022-09-13, 10:41 AM
220.82 GB/158.11 GB/0.72

"I read the news today, oh boy"
Old 2022-09-13, 10:58 AM
1.03 TB/4.34 TB/4.23

Thanks for everything over the years.

Now I need to figure out how to archive some of the comment threads from here. Like some of the hilarious Freezer ones.
Old 2022-09-13, 11:01 AM
259.14 GB/1.15 TB/4.54

Thanks for the music and the forums !!
Learned a lot and laughed a lot reading them
All the best to whatever you do in the future

Bri..

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions