View Single Post
Old 2007-01-04, 09:01 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff

Re: New Windows I.E. V 7 XP

I didn't like IE7 because of the way the bars at the top can't be moved / changed. Some can, others cannot. It seems like a step backward. If you turn the menu bar back on, it's UNDER the frigging address line. There is a registry hack that will fix that problem, but it should be an option.. IE7 has WAY too few options for users.

Also, the extra buttons and that bottom tool bar are useless to me and take up too much space. And you can't get rid of them. No option. I also don't like that the tab stays there, even if there is just one. On <unnamed> there is an option for that. <Unnamed> also allows you to do anything you want with the bars. Anything.

I do like the full-screen mode in IE7 much better than IE6 and even better than <unnamed> because of how it hides EVERYTHING. <Unnamed> could take a clue from that implementation.

That said... I never used IE until IE6 came out. I used Netscape for 7 years. I used IE6 for the last 5 or so. I thought IE6 was rock solid compared to previous versions and worked well once SP1 was released for it years ago. Now, IE7 is so restrictive with the visual setup, and with <unnamed> 2.0 being out, I have stopped using IE at home and on my laptop and only use <unnamed> 2.0 now.

Last edited by paddington; 2007-01-04 at 09:06 PM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes