PDA

View Full Version : Inserting photos in messages

stuartw
2012-01-08, 05:24 PM
How do I insert an image into a message? I've looked through the FAQ but couldn't find anything.

dazed64
2012-01-08, 07:27 PM
In the box where you type your comment is a button that says insert image..looks like a little mountain scene..you must host the image somewhere though....imageshack,photobucket etc.....same thing for a pm to someone....:)

How do I insert an image into a message? I've looked through the FAQ but couldn't find anything.

stuartw
2012-01-09, 01:52 AM
In the box where you type your comment is a button that says insert image..looks like a little mountain scene..you must host the image somewhere though....imageshack,photobucket etc.....same thing for a pm to someone....:)

Thanks for that. I uploaded a photo to flickr, grabbed the url and added it to the insert image. All I got was the red cross!

P A U L
2012-01-09, 02:03 AM
A couple things could be happening:

1. you didn't link to the actual image. the image will end with the file extension (.jpg, .gif, .png, etc.) You can't link to a site that ends w/ html, or just a number. For a while, photobucket made it so when you copied an image, the image number would copy, but without the extension...

2. your permissions on the image, do not allow for hotlinking as a security setting. Make sure you allow the image to be posted in code...

with the url to the image then

(no spaces between the link & code)

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/pariht/ulisky.jpg
(quote me to see what I did)

stuartw
2012-01-10, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the information. I'll give a go and see what happens.