PDA

View Full Version : Audioslave Montreux 2005 Fm or cableFM?

range_hood
2005-07-11, 05:32 PM
Which source would you prever. Both currently available at dimeadozen and zombtracker as masters.

Five
2005-07-12, 11:37 AM
the plain FM looks cleaner to me. there's the stripe up top but that's so high you will hardly hear it. the Cable FM has more in the highs but I'd guess that's only noise, and the lower frequencies look more smudged. They both appear to be originally from the same lossy source. how do they compare when you listen to them?

oldbrokentapes
2005-07-12, 01:07 PM
(This works on the possibly wrong assumption that cableFM is mp2 digital radio or equivalent)

To me, that cableFM version looks like it's been through a fairly nasty analogue transfer that has induced a lot of noise. As such, I'd much prefer the FM out of those options. However, if there was a direct capture of the mp2 then that should be better than the FM version, which as Five says, looks to have been sourced from the lossy.

ssamadhi97
2005-07-12, 01:39 PM
I agree with Five, both seem to be from the same lossy source indeed, and it looks like the cableFM just adds another stage of strong analog sound mangling over the plain FM.