PDA

View Full Version : Monitoring audio from cam via headphones

PEPPER
2010-11-15, 10:34 AM
I have a rode svm and for the first time since ive had the mic and cam( canon hv30 ) i used the headphone input.As so far ive not had great results wit the mic,i thought being abale to hear what it was recording would be the best idea.So i plug in my headphones,and it buzzes,and that mainly in one side if the headphones.Audio can be made out underneath the buzzing,but its not right.Ive tried 2 sets of headphones with the same result,im just wondering if the headphone input is fucked.Anyone have any other suggestions why this might be happening.

AAR.oner
2010-11-15, 02:31 PM
is their buzzing on the recorded audio? if not, i'd say the headphone jack is buggered

PEPPER
2010-11-15, 02:53 PM
Sorry,i think you misunderstood.I had a new tape in the cam,and the cam was on pause.It was just a test to get used to using the mic with headphones.I have'nt recorded any audio,i was just playing my stereo to get a rough idea,and i could just about hear the audio from my stereo through the static/buzzing sound.

Ghostwheel
2010-11-15, 02:57 PM
do you have the output set to headphones in the menu?

PEPPER
2010-11-15, 03:32 PM
do you have the output set to headphones in the menu?

I thought i did earlier,but obviously it did'nt confirm it.Have tried again and it works fine.:)