PDA

View Full Version : tmpgenc help with audio

erictrader
2010-06-13, 08:50 PM
how do you make several different clips same consistent volume?

tonebloke
2010-06-13, 11:48 PM
how do you make several different clips same consistent volume?

Do they all come from the same source ? If they do the volume will be normalized for the lot.

Thulani
2010-06-14, 05:14 AM
Audacity and FFmpeg. The problem comes when the files have lossy audio. You should export them as a WAV, which means they'll have bigger size when put together.

erictrader
2010-06-17, 10:47 AM
no they are different sources
what can i do?

AAR.oner
2010-06-17, 11:51 AM
adjust each sources levels so they're all peaking just below 0 dB...they'll still sound different [due to different source mics/board etc], but they should all be at a consistent level

erictrader
2010-06-19, 04:09 PM
thanks
but I'm not sure how to do this with TMPG can you show me a screenshot?

AAR.oner
2010-06-21, 09:51 AM
I've never used TMPG, so I can't help ya there...hopefully someone else who uses that program can help

Or you could always do it in an audio prog like audacity, then import into yer video editor

magoo666
2010-06-22, 01:51 AM
Yeah, what you need to do is extract the audio from your video source - either use a video editing prog, video convertor or other demux software to get your audio file. I usually import the video into Sony Vegas, adjust audio levels as required then export to a separate audio file which can be imported into TMPGenc as a substitute for the default video audio.

In TMPGenc, once you have imported your 'source' files, the 'clip properties' dialogue box opens by default. This is where you can specify an alternate audio file (or even an additional one if you are planning to have multi-audio options available). TMPGenc is a good program for simply collating your source files, chaptering & adding a menu, but it is quite basic in terms of what you can actually do with your source files.