PDA

View Full Version : DAO-2 second Gap

Mr. Brownstone
2005-06-06, 09:35 AM
Morning all: This is a common question with an all too obvious answer but I still need help. How do I configure my computer to eliminate the two second gap. I have read in the FAQ about TAO and DAO and would like to know how to set up things so maybe someone would like to trade with me someday. All of my shows have gaps between tracks. Thanks very much.

U2Lynne
2005-06-06, 10:06 AM
What software are you using to burn your shows? That would help for us to give you instructions on how to go DAO instead of TAO.

Mr. Brownstone
2005-06-06, 10:32 AM
Thanks Lynne: I'm using DB Power AMP cd writer and the converter to burn shows.

Five
2005-06-06, 10:47 AM
I'm not sure about db power amp

foobar2000 works well. just highlight the songs you want to burn,right-click and select "Write audio cd". Make sure you have the special installer and do the "full installation" first. You can burn right from FLAC or whatever. I think this is the most painless free software solution.

and while we're at it, does anybody know why any program would want to burn audio cdrs TAO?? That's always baffled me. All audio cdrs should be DAO at all times.

Ted
2005-06-06, 11:07 AM
...and while we're at it, does anybody know why any program would want to burn audio cdrs TAO?? That's always baffled me. All audio cdrs should be DAO at all times.Maybe so they can add more songs later or maybe it has something to do with CDRW's :hmm:
As cheap as media is nowadays, I don't see why not burn DAO, if even for only a couple of songs.

Karst
2005-06-07, 05:57 AM
It is not as if it would actually burn it as TAO but iTunes does have a setting where it inserts 2 sec gaps between tracks. Other programs do that as well and I suppose that came from people wnating to make compilations discs from studio material and wanting the 2sec. gap between tracks. Not realising probably that it makes the disc difficult to read on quite some stereo equipment.

Morphius
2005-06-07, 04:39 PM
It is not as if it would actually burn it as TAO but iTunes does have a setting where it inserts 2 sec gaps between tracks. Other programs do that as well and I suppose that came from people wnating to make compilations discs from studio material and wanting the 2sec. gap between tracks. Not realising probably that it makes the disc difficult to read on quite some stereo equipment.

This is true for Nero as well. Even if you select DAO mode, it will insert a 2 second gap between each track. You have to manually remove the 2 second gap property between the tracks before burning.

ffooky
2005-06-07, 04:58 PM

iTunes will introduce microgaps even if 0 sec gap is selected.

Allwriter
2005-06-07, 10:36 PM
iTunes will introduce microgaps even if 0 sec gap is selected.

Yes, I have this problem! How do I burn a CD using iTunes without having a microgap/click between tracks?

Evenreven
2005-06-08, 02:30 AM
My guess is: stop burning with iTunes.

I don't think you can avoid the microgaps.

Karst
2005-06-08, 04:43 AM
Not had the problem with the microgaps. Was worried though and did a Led Zep studio disc with it and there wasn't a problem. What I did however was import it into iTunes with error correction as AIFF files set to automatic. Then burned them at two speed with gaps as none selected. I EAC'd them and put them in an audio editing program to look at the wav's more closely and there wasn't anything there. Mind you I use a PC and the 4.7 version of iTunes. I've heard people having problems on a mac where the burnspeed setting doesn't work properly. That's just my experience, think it really depends on your own setup what works?! :cool: