PDA

View Full Version : Firewalled on TTD not on dime

subji
2009-11-05, 05:47 AM
Hi,
I am new to TTD, but have been downloading on dime for years.
I am fire walled on TTD, but not dime, using both simultaneously, using the same BitToranado with the same settings.
Any Ideas?
Thanks
J

direwolf-pgh
2009-11-05, 06:29 AM
doesnt BitToranado use a unique for each torrent downloaded (instead of one port)?

if this is still the case, you'd need to configure your router to forward a range of ports.

example: http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netgear/RP614/BitTornado.htm

Torrent Traveler
2009-11-05, 12:02 PM
:) When I first got here... I got firewall indicators... checked through everything... passed tests... still got off and on firewall indicators.. (only here)
Didn't change anything... now I dont get them at all... maybe it'll pass for u too...
Go figure.. I can't:hmm:
Maybe it only happens to relatively new peeps.. then resolves itself if they figure you're ok? :wave:
BTW : welcome:wave:
"Everything works when you let it" ---Roadie

Homebrew101
2009-11-05, 01:53 PM
sometimes I show as firewalled but I know I'm not - try logging off and back on, sometimes it's TTD not you

dpanic
2009-11-19, 09:36 PM
:) When I first got here... I got firewall indicators... checked through everything... passed tests... still got off and on firewall indicators.. (only here)
Didn't change anything... now I dont get them at all... maybe it'll pass for u too...
Go figure.. I can't:hmm:
Maybe it only happens to relatively new peeps.. then resolves itself if they figure you're ok? :wave:
BTW : welcome:wave:
"Everything works when you let it" ---Roadie

still get firewalled, joke

deadhead02
2010-06-24, 06:24 PM
A while after the last post but my experience is the same in that I use dime with no problems but this site tells me I am firewalled. If it works on Dime is it not my problem? My ratio is almost .9 so I managed to give back most of what I took so it doesn't seem to be a disaster.

I am unable to work out how to add ports - do I need to? Any techno help given in easy stages gratefully accepted as I am happy to learn ..

deadhead02
2010-07-09, 01:31 PM
I was firewalled for several weeks but now I am not even though I have made no amendments to my computer whatsoever!

Just goes to show all my panic was wasted!! Anyone else with the same problem should maybe rest easy and not worry too much :)

Stephenmagic
2010-07-10, 09:47 AM
I get the same thing from time to time.

knobby
2010-07-10, 10:02 PM
Make sure u have a Static ip address.Sometimes when i reboot it switches to dynamic

sallygr
2011-06-07, 03:55 PM
I'm having the same problem discussed in this thread. Fine on DIME, fine for my Azureus test, and firewalled on TTD. And this just started today. I have a ratio>2 so I'm not too worried, but I'm curious whether anyone has found a solution.

Thanks!

Homebrew101
2011-06-07, 04:00 PM
you probably aren't actually firewalled, for some reason TTD will occasionally show me firewalled also, it seems sporadic and goes away on it's own

I stopped paying attention to that here cuz I've never been firewalled anywhere else

dcbullet
2011-06-08, 03:03 PM
Yes. Reboot your computer and / or unplug your modem / router and usually that will go away.

sallygr
2011-06-08, 03:44 PM
Yes. Reboot your computer and / or unplug your modem / router and usually that will go away.

Yes, thanks. Rebooting my router and gateway and restarting Azuerus seemed to take care of it. I didn't actually have to reboot my computer.

Cheers,
Sally