PDA

View Full Version : this lools wierd is it lossy or has it been tampered with

juxtiphi
2009-09-14, 02:02 PM
here is a pic of a file my friend sent me asking if it was lossy but I have never seen this kind of thing before. here is a link to an audipo sample if needed http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G06FCBCC

thanks guys

Five
2009-09-14, 02:21 PM
it looks completely lossless to me, but looks like somebody has very crudely eliminated a 'red stripe' around 16kHz.

just a theory, no other logical explanation I can think of. the original sound of the show should still be fine.

lintoni
2009-09-14, 02:48 PM
Juxtiphi, compare the image you've just posted to the one you posted from the Zeppelin Honolulu show. As Five says, this one looks like it has had the 'red-stripe removal' treatment, whereas it is still present on the other image. btw, I posted a link in the thread that probably explains the red stripe.

juxtiphi
2009-09-14, 04:04 PM
thanks guys I have seen the red stripe before on a few different boots but a cut like that is strange.

thanks again

juxtiphi
2009-09-14, 04:23 PM
Juxtiphi, compare the image you've just posted to the one you posted from the Zeppelin Honolulu show. As Five says, this one looks like it has had the 'red-stripe removal' treatment, whereas it is still present on the other image. btw, I posted a link in the thread that probably explains the red stripe.

thanks Lintoni that was very informative!!