PDA

View Full Version : What's up with this?

Friday
2009-07-14, 02:24 PM
Why do people write lineages beginning with their taping equipment, then the mic, then the rest?

Do the recording magically appear on their taper, then they transfer it through a mic to their computer?

Is this how it's suppose to be done? It seems very common?

rspencer
2009-07-14, 03:21 PM
Yeah, it happens. Not really that common IMO.

And yeah, I agree with you.

Should be mics > pre/battery box > recorder > ... IMO, but there are more important things to keep track of than splitting hairs on this. At least they have a complete lineage.

Friday
2009-07-14, 03:44 PM
I've never counted the times but I do think it's quite common. Perhaps not so much here as on other trackers, so this wasn't aimed towards TTD uploaders in any way.

Yeah, obviously pre/battery box should be in between if they are used, and no I wasn't suggesting you should ban users who get their lineage wrong.

Thanks for replying.

direwolf-pgh
2009-07-14, 09:29 PM
why stop there Friday..

why not:

band on stage> instruments> cables/wireless/microphones> amplifiers> sound waves traveling thru the air ( 343 meters per second )> my microphones > etc..

rspencer
2009-07-14, 11:23 PM
Old blues guys > Led Zeppelin thievery > ... :D

paddington
2009-07-14, 11:38 PM
why stop there Friday..

why not:

band on stage> instruments> cables/wireless/microphones> amplifiers> sound waves traveling thru the air ( 343 meters per second )> my microphones > etc..

you forgot:

randy dad > smitten mom > bright light! > strained peas > crying > pissing the bed while listening to bedtime music > music teacher > Belwin Elementary Band Method Book > shitty beginner instrument > Belwin Intermediate Band Method book > years of not chasing chicks while he learned to play > years of making up for it after he did > shitty dive bars with 5 man audiences > chance hookup with bigger act that wants you to open > gaining following with bigger acts' fans > doing your own shows > bad record deal > 280 shows a year for $1500 profit total > stage > other band's mics > Peavey PA with blown black widows > hot muggy outdoor venue > air > some kid with an overpriced digital taping rig stuffed in his hat, pants, shirt and partially up his ass > radio shack 28awg RCA cables > $9 'sound blaster' > eMachines Pentium II 400MHz box > sndrec32.exe capture > TTD
:thumbsup

Friday
2009-07-15, 04:48 PM
So, has anyone actually done it to get their gear in?

I've only crutched mine twice at a festival where they had a pat-down search, but mostly to impress the ladies of course ;)

Five
2009-07-21, 10:27 AM
we don't discuss that here (they can read it, too...)

rspencer
2009-07-21, 06:00 PM
I stick my stuff in Five's pocket while he's not looking. Then I laugh if he gets busted. :D

trustthex
2009-07-22, 01:34 AM
you forgot:

randy dad > smitten mom > bright light! > strained peas > crying > pissing the bed while listening to bedtime music > music teacher > Belwin Elementary Band Method Book > shitty beginner instrument > Belwin Intermediate Band Method book > years of not chasing chicks while he learned to play > years of making up for it after he did > shitty dive bars with 5 man audiences > chance hookup with bigger act that wants you to open > gaining following with bigger acts' fans > doing your own shows > bad record deal > 280 shows a year for $1500 profit total > stage > other band's mics > Peavey PA with blown black widows > hot muggy outdoor venue > air > some kid with an overpriced digital taping rig stuffed in his hat, pants, shirt and partially up his ass > radio shack 28awg RCA cables > $9 'sound blaster' > eMachines Pentium II 400MHz box > sndrec32.exe capture > TTD

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: << just for the effort to type all that out

i started trading cdrs w/ a p120 & a 2x2x4 cdrw drive. :D