PDA

View Full Version : nero problem

Stargazer
2005-05-10, 01:05 PM
I have used real player to burn audio cd's for a long time.
but as I started trading, I thought that the guy on the other end whould apresiate if I used proper software (and real player has been akting up on me lately too). So I have the latest verson of nero5.
As I was staring to burn a hendrix boot I discoverd to my horror that I have to have a 2second gap on the first track! :eek: :mad:
Is there a way to solve this? or must I investe in new software?

Cruzweb
2005-05-10, 01:17 PM
1) Nero 6 is out, I suggest you invest in that

2) When you burn an AudioCD, make sure you burn as Disk at Once, Not Track at one.

3) When you drag all the files over to the left, you'll notice that it's in the format of Track number --> Track Name --> Gap. Click and drag all the tracks except #1 (It has to have a 2second gap at the beginning) to select them. Then right click the selection and get properties. You'll see the Gap set at 2 seconds. Change the 2 to a 0 and you're all set

Stargazer
2005-05-10, 02:02 PM

Kush
2005-05-10, 04:44 PM
if you are using nero5 to burn an audio cdr, there is a box on the right to highlight which says no puse between tracks. that should help you out.

spontabmark
2005-05-10, 04:58 PM
what i think he means is that after he changes it to 0 pause, when you go to start burning it says that for the first track you have to have a 2 second pause before it. this happens to me aswell

uhclem
2005-05-10, 06:27 PM
what i think he means is that after he changes it to 0 pause, when you go to start burning it says that for the first track you have to have a 2 second pause before it. this happens to me aswell
The 2 second 'pregap' at the beginning of a disc is required by the redbook standard. All burners put that in there automatically, but some, like Nero, make a point of telling you about it, in order to increase your confusion.

mountaindew
2005-05-10, 06:36 PM
For a freeware alternative which burns only disk-at-once and which has no gaps as a default, try Feureo. There is a link at the etree website www.etree.org.

spontabmark
2005-05-10, 06:47 PM
The 2 second 'pregap' at the beginning of a disc is required by the redbook standard. All burners put that in there automatically, but some, like Nero, make a point of telling you about it, in order to increase your confusion.
yeah that's what i had assumed

Stargazer
2005-05-11, 08:00 AM
Thanks for all the help

uhclem
2005-05-11, 10:39 AM
The kids over at Hydrogenaudio.org are pretty stoked over a burner called burrrn (http://www.burrrn.net/). It's a very simple, freeware, minimalist burner and it works very well. I've used it a couple of times with no complaints.

CitizenGatsby
2005-05-11, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the link!

Stargazer
2005-05-13, 06:04 PM
I got Feureo now and everything works mostly as a charm.
again thanks for all the help and sugestions.