PDA

View Full Version : My ratio isn't right

DialUpSufferer
2008-10-09, 06:33 PM
As my name suggests, I've been using a dial-up connection for the past 1.5 years. I just upgraded to a broadband connection, so I've been letting uTorrent run at night to improve my bad ratio. I've uploaded over 3 gigs in the past couple days on top of my pre-broadband upload of about 700 MB, but the site isn't showing that. On uTorrent, my tracker status lately usually reads "connection blocked by peer", so I'm assuming that that has something to do with it. Am I doing something wrong? Is this fixable? Also, is there any way to fix my upload counter/ratio to where it should be? Any help with solving this would be greatly appreciated! :wave:

U2Lynne
2008-10-09, 07:14 PM
Make sure you turn DHT off, or your client may bypass the tracker when connecting to users and thus you won't get your stats updated. I will add another 3 GB to your upload stats, but please make sure you turn DHT off or your stats will continue to be off.

DialUpSufferer
2008-10-09, 07:24 PM
Thanks! I think I was only getting connections through DHT because my tracker has that "connection closed by peer" message. I couldn't find anything in the FAQ about that. Is there a fix?

U2Lynne
2008-10-09, 09:51 PM
Thanks! I think I was only getting connections through DHT because my tracker has that "connection closed by peer" message. I couldn't find anything in the FAQ about that. Is there a fix?
Yes, the fix is to turn off DHT in your bittorrent client. Both Azureus and uTorrent allow you to turn it off in the Preferences/Options.