PDA

View Full Version : mp3 samples problem

leex100
2008-08-30, 05:20 PM
Hi.
Would anyone know why an mp3 sample uploaded to the site would playback with flaws even although the original mp3 sample is flaw free and when uploaded a second time (the exact same sample) reproduces with no flaws.
I've had this happen a number of times on different torrents.
I use Switch to convert the WAV to mp3 and the mp3's are always fine but need uploaded twice or more to play flaw free on site?

Cheers

Audioarchivist
2008-08-31, 12:03 PM
Hi.
Would anyone know why an mp3 sample uploaded to the site would playback with flaws even although the original mp3 sample is flaw free and when uploaded a second time (the exact same sample) reproduces with no flaws.
I've had this happen a number of times on different torrents.
I use Switch to convert the WAV to mp3 and the mp3's are always fine but need uploaded twice or more to play flaw free on site?

Cheers

I'd have to say it could be a bad connection you have for uploading, and the data is getting corrupted on the way from your modem to the site...

leex100
2008-08-31, 01:20 PM
I'd have to say it could be a bad connection you have for uploading, and the data is getting corrupted on the way from your modem to the site...

Thanks for the suggestion, it's a possible answer but I must say that the problem is site specific?
I don't have the problem on any other site.

U2Lynne
2008-08-31, 01:24 PM
I'm not getting any database errors from your upload so I'm not sure what the problem may be. :hmm:

Have you heard of any others having this problem? What ISP are you using? And has this happened forever or just lately? Do you see this problem when you download mp3 samples from others or just from your uploaded mp3 samples?

leex100
2008-08-31, 01:38 PM
I'm not getting any database errors from your upload so I'm not sure what the problem may be. :hmm:

Have you heard of any others having this problem? What ISP are you using? And has this happened forever or just lately? Do you see this problem when you download mp3 samples from others or just from your uploaded mp3 samples?

Hi
If you have time to play the Coldplay trouble sample on the Coldplay live Radio Theatre at about 45 sec's an error appears?
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=63525

The ISP etc are large established providers and with regard to when the problem started I think I've always had it. Sometimes it works first time but most of the time not and I don't think I've taken many sample downloads or at least I've not noticed a problem with other users torrents.

Cheers

U2Lynne
2008-08-31, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I can barely hear a tiny blip. I don't think I would have noticed it unless you told me where it was! I really can't think of what is going on though. It simply gets uploaded to the site via your ISP and TTD's host (and of course all the in between servers). I can't think of anything I can do though since I'm getting no errors and wouldn't know what to look at. Very weird.

leex100
2008-08-31, 03:21 PM
Yeah, I can barely hear a tiny blip. I don't think I would have noticed it unless you told me where it was! I really can't think of what is going on though. It simply gets uploaded to the site via your ISP and TTD's host (and of course all the in between servers). I can't think of anything I can do though since I'm getting no errors and wouldn't know what to look at. Very weird.

Hi.

Thanks for taking the time to listen it's appreciated and to be honest it's not a great problem just a little frustrating :)

Thanks again

Cheers

Five
2008-08-31, 05:19 PM
very strange... you could try running an md5 on the file before uploading, then re-download and check it against the downloaded version to detect one iota of difference. that doesn't exactly solve the problem, but will make checking the files a little bit faster.

leex100
2008-08-31, 06:07 PM
very strange... you could try running an md5 on the file before uploading, then re-download and check it against the downloaded version to detect one iota of difference. that doesn't exactly solve the problem, but will make checking the files a little bit faster.

Thanks for the suggestion I'll try it on the next upload.

Thanks again