PDA

View Full Version : DVD Lab Pro Problem

bosscheech
2008-05-31, 11:55 AM
I am authoring an uncirculated Metallica show w/ DVD Lab, and had a very bizarre problem. I did everything as usual, and the clips from the 2 shows I used as a bonus came out 100% fine. However, the main video came out only about 10 seconds long on the DVD, and when I browsed the song selection menu and selected a song, it stopped the DVD.

I do not understand this, as when I previewed the video to add chapter points, the video was running fine. Like I said earlier, the bonus clips were fine, and no errors were detected while demuxing or compiling. I have used DVD Lab several times before, and have not had any problem like this before. Can anyone shed some light here? Thanks so much.

tgunn2760
2008-05-31, 12:01 PM
I am authoring an uncirculated Metallica show w/ DVD Lab, and had a very bizarre problem. I did everything as usual, and the clips from the 2 shows I used as a bonus came out 100% fine. However, the main video came out only about 10 seconds long on the DVD, and when I browsed the song selection menu and selected a song, it stopped the DVD.

I do not understand this, as when I previewed the video to add chapter points, the video was running fine. Like I said earlier, the bonus clips were fine, and no errors were detected while demuxing or compiling. I have used DVD Lab several times before, and have not had any problem like this before. Can anyone shed some light here? Thanks so much.

Sounds like an error occurred someplace. The main video file is corrupted?
If you saved the project file, author it again.

Are all three video clips DVD compliant?

bosscheech
2008-05-31, 12:45 PM
I tried re-authoring again, just to see if something weird had occured, and the exact same thing happened. Neither timne did I get any error message during demuxing or compiling.

All 3 files come from DVD, so that isn't the problem. Could there may an issue in that the 3 files come from 3 different DVDs, maybe 1 or 2 somehow corrupting the other?

tgunn2760
2008-05-31, 12:47 PM
I tried re-authoring again, just to see if something weird had occured, and the exact same thing happened. Neither timne did I get any error message during demuxing or compiling.

All 3 files come from DVD, so that isn't the problem. Could there may an issue in that the 3 files come from 3 different DVDs, maybe 1 or 2 somehow corrupting the other?

Run each through Gspot see if they are identical. If they are not, that could cause the problem.

bosscheech
2008-05-31, 12:52 PM
Thanks! I will try that.

Not familiar w/ that program, what exactly is it?

tgunn2760
2008-05-31, 12:58 PM
Thanks! I will try that.

Not familiar w/ that program, what exactly is it?

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

You will need it if you plan on seeding something anywhere.

Gives you video and audio codecs. The video bitrate is top right, not the system bitrate on the left-10800.

You also need to create checksum files.

Are all three files the same system? Frame rate? Resolution? If not, any one of those things could be the problem.

bosscheech
2008-05-31, 03:23 PM
One is a different resolution, so you may be right in that being the problem. I will try it again later, sans that clip that's different. Thanks for the help Man. I'll let you know how it goes.

tgunn2760
2008-05-31, 03:57 PM
One is a different resolution, so you may be right in that being the problem. I will try it again later, sans that clip that's different. Thanks for the help Man. I'll let you know how it goes.

That is definitely the problem. Are they all PAL or all NTSC? Are they all DVD compliant? If they are not 704x480 or 720X480 or 704X525 or whatever the PAL resolution is, it won't be allowed on the tracker.

I'm guessing one of the files is a CVD or a VCD, 352X480.

bosscheech
2008-05-31, 05:31 PM
Also, the time under the main show says "0-Gop", while the others have actual times. what does this mean?

tgunn2760
2008-05-31, 06:08 PM
Also, the time under the main show says "0-Gop", while the others have actual times. what does this mean?

Sounds like open GOPs:

http://forum.doom9.org/archive/index.php/t-71033.html

I'm not sure if that is the problem, I have managed to author DVDs with open GOPs.

What the resolutions of the three files, and which is the main show? Also, what are the frame rates for all three? 25.00 or 29.970?

bosscheech
2008-05-31, 07:07 PM
Resolution is 704X480, FPS is 29.97 for main.

Clips are both 29.97 fpr the bonuses, one has res of 704x480, while one is 720X480

bosscheech
2008-05-31, 07:48 PM
Well, I took out the clips and used just the main show. Same thing, so that isn'it. Mian, this is irritating!!!!

tgunn2760
2008-05-31, 08:05 PM
Well, I took out the clips and used just the main show. Same thing, so that isn'it. Mian, this is irritating!!!!

Is this the file with the open GOPs?

bosscheech
2008-05-31, 10:19 PM
Yes. And I;m not sure why the GOPs are open. How can I fix this?

tgunn2760
2008-05-31, 10:46 PM
Yes. And I;m not sure why the GOPs are open. How can I fix this?

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/210235

If this is accurate, the open GOPs are not the problem. And I didn't think they were.

What kind of video is this? An audience recording, a raw avi that was encoded with an encoder? If it's Pro shot, and it has open GOPs it might be lossy, a DVD made from avi or MPEG1.

Did you extract the video from a DVD? It could be corrupted.

bosscheech
2008-06-01, 08:31 AM
It's a high gen VHS transfer. It's DVD, not avi or asf or any lesser quality media.

Last night I went through everything, deleted the old files and re-uploaded the VOB files. Same thing. I really cannot understand this, as when I play the DVD it is 100% fine.

Thulani
2008-06-01, 08:42 AM
What is your audio type? Have you tried to convert the audio to lpcm & author with it to see if it works?

The latest releases of this software have been very bad (in my opinion).

tgunn2760
2008-06-01, 11:04 AM
It's a high gen VHS transfer. It's DVD, not avi or asf or any lesser quality media.

Last night I went through everything, deleted the old files and re-uploaded the VOB files. Same thing. I really cannot understand this, as when I play the DVD it is 100% fine.

The video is NTSC and you selected NTSC on Lab right?

The only other thing I can suggest is to try authoring it without a menu, but keep the chapter points, just to see what happens.

I read someplace that newer version of DVDlab have issues as well.

I still think the video file has been corrupted, but cannot be sure.

bosscheech
2008-06-01, 11:55 AM
What is your audio type? Have you tried to convert the audio to lpcm & author with it to see if it works?

The latest releases of this software have been very bad (in my opinion).

Audio is AC3. I suppose I could give that a try.

If the video file is corrupt, how can it play, burn, and decrpyt ok? I'm not an expert at all, so I'm just wondering. Thanks for the help guys.

Thulani
2008-06-01, 12:52 PM
If you demultiplex the files with DGIndex (http://www.videohelp.com/tools/DGMPGDec) will it give you an warning before or after demultiplex?

pawel
2008-06-01, 03:10 PM
Try to mux the stream with http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Muxman If you get an error, it means that the stream is corrupted. Otherwise, DLP has some unknown problem.

bosscheech
2008-06-01, 07:39 PM
I will try Muxman. Thanks