PDA

View Full Version : ONES pre-gap

drkhollow
2008-04-30, 10:57 AM
Somewhat confused as i cannot seem to get my copy of ones to burn without leaving somewhat of a gap between songs. Tried tao;sao etc and still the same. Is there a way to set the pre-gap so the gap is less noticeable or non-exsistant?

Five
2008-04-30, 11:35 AM
you'll want to use DAO

are there SBEs on the files you're attempting to burn? (run a len check with TLH)

is it microgaps or 2-second gaps?

how about burning with EAC instead, which is superior since it can do write offset correction :cool:

saltman
2008-04-30, 11:41 AM
Insert tracks > Highlite tracks > right click on them > tracks > pre gap > click the 0 button.

Bam!

It may give you a statement that the first track has to have a 2 sec pregap before it starts. This is true and is the CD standard. I can't remember if it does that. It's been so long since I've burned a CD.

drkhollow
2008-04-30, 01:51 PM
thanks!
five there micro gaps--I'll check out eac
saltman sounds like thats the remedy i'm looking for
thanks again!

drkhollow
2008-04-30, 05:29 PM
saltman -no cannot do!!!
after right clitin' no way to acess pre gap(option remains unhighlighted) so cannot set to zero!
anything else-willin' to try all

saltman
2008-04-30, 05:31 PM
right click then hover over track. then go to pregap. the click 0

that's weird if it won't let you. don't know.

direwolf-pgh
2008-04-30, 05:45 PM
if the gaps are embedded within the tracks - you'll have to edit manually or find a proper rip.
that lameness used to happen all the time.

saltman
2008-04-30, 05:49 PM
this is true. micro gap and pregap are different. It could be possible that someone screwed up whatever you are trying to burn and did it TAO. If this is so, you will have the pregap 2 sec b/w tracks and is not repairable. microgap is a sector boundary error. that sounds like a small click when tracks change.

drkhollow
2008-04-30, 08:22 PM
no sector boundary errors-gaps are from the default pre-gap setting
will try the hovering thing and see if the pre-gap option highlights itself
thanks once again all!

drkhollow
2008-04-30, 11:27 PM
finally fingered dis chit out--free ideas rule--thanks!

saltman
2008-05-01, 12:37 PM
free ideas only available to those with ratios above 1 :thumbsup

I'm just kidding. Glad you got it worked out.

Racerx2004
2008-05-02, 04:45 PM
Can someone Tell me how to remove the 2 second gaps With Eac ?
I have a couple of Cd's with the damned gaps ....and cannot figure how to do it with EAC.
TIA For the help.

-Saul

AAR.oner
2008-05-03, 03:04 AM
Can someone Tell me how to remove the 2 second gaps With Eac ?
I have a couple of Cd's with the damned gaps ....and cannot figure how to do it with EAC.
TIA For the help.

-Saul

if it already has gaps in the flac/wav files, you will have to manually delete them using an audio editing program...Audacity is freeware and will work fine:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Racerx2004
2008-05-03, 11:20 AM
if it already has gaps in the flac/wav files, you will have to manually delete them using an audio editing program...Audacity is freeware and will work fine:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/[/QUOTE]

Bummer ...At the moment i do not have internet at home...I do have Nero / Cd Wave / Eac on my pc.
I guess better to leave them with the gaps at the moment.
Thanks for the Reply

Karst
2008-05-04, 09:44 AM
I'm sure they're be someone who has a copy of it without gaps. Ask around here in the trading forum. The is nothing more annoying then getting a show with gaps in a trade. If you need help with it drop me a line.

Racerx2004
2008-05-22, 07:49 PM
Hey Karst....You're right about the annoying gaps...Thanks for offering to help me I'll keep that In Mind. :thumbsup

Regards.

-SAUL