PDA

View Full Version : DVD Lab Pro Compatible w/ Windows Vista?

bosscheech
2008-04-14, 12:53 PM
Is DVD Lab Pro compatible w/ Windows Vista? I just got a new PC w/ Vista, and tried to download the 30-day trial of DVD Lab, and when I attempt to run the program, I get the message "Setup files are corrupted, please obtain a new copy of the program." Never had this problem w./ any other PC. Their website doesn't mention whether or not the program works w/ Vista, so I'm not sure if that is the problem. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Five
2008-04-14, 01:07 PM
re-download the trial to another folder, then try installing from that one. do an md5 check on both versions of the trial, if they're the same then that 99% means that a) your installer is not corrupt and b) it won't work with Vista.

at that point, fire off an email to the guys who make DVD Lab pro and tell them about your problem... maybe a fix is coming up in a few weeks, who knows. or maybe your letting them know will motivate them to fix compatability with Vista.

another option is to downgrade to XP!

stantheman1976
2008-04-14, 05:08 PM
I use it regularly with Vista.

bosscheech
2008-04-14, 06:53 PM

Ok, so apparently I should have no problem. I have since tried downloading another version of the program, and was given the same message "setup files are corrupted."

Could this have something to do w/ my security settings? I have the latest version of Norton, and CA. Would these two programs effect the program at all?

Any more help is again greatly appreciated, thank you.

diggrd
2008-04-14, 07:29 PM
Same here

Ok, so apparently I should have no problem. I have since tried downloading another version of the program, and was given the same message "setup files are corrupted."

Could this have something to do w/ my security settings? I have the latest version of Norton, and CA. Would these two programs effect the program at all?

Any more help is again greatly appreciated, thank you.If you did have a virus it might alter the files.

stantheman1976
2008-04-14, 08:29 PM

Any more help is again greatly appreciated, thank you.

Try checking "Run as administrator" or run under another compatibility mode. I wish I could be more help but I haven't had any troubles.

bosscheech
2008-04-14, 09:46 PM
Thanks Guys, I will try both those things.

Any more help is appreciated!!!

I have e-mailed mediachance, who makes DVD Lab, and have no response. I hate that

DanielG
2008-04-14, 11:48 PM
I have since tried downloading another version of the program, and was given the same message "setup files are corrupted."

Sounds like the .exe file you downloaded is only partially complete. How big is the installation file? Maybe you could download the installer from an alternate source (web site)?