PDA

View Full Version : Audio Blogs--->TTD Shows

Jetrell69
2008-04-14, 11:17 AM
Hey all,

This site has done me kindly by making great music available that I may not have heard or being able to find & afford. I have upp'd a few things here myself and so have alot of others. I LOVE sharing and I am happy when people share your stuff in the format that they received it in as well.

Over the last few months I was turned on to audio blogs where folks share what they have without ratio or sign up requirements. I found one site in particular that shares lossless shows, some from here, and doesn't give credit to the original uploader while people thank the owner of the blog for the rips like they did them and not those of you who ripped live vinyl, transferred WW1 or KBFH CD's, taped shows, and what not.

Sharing is one thing but giving credit to people who actually did the work IS part of that.

Here's the link, you decide. I realize that the bands own the music as they created the tunes but their fans help propagate the support by recognizing the bands they love....the fans deserve some credit too.

http://qualityboots.blogspot.com/

U2Lynne
2008-04-14, 12:16 PM
Wow. He basically downloads the show from here (or Dime or somewhere similar) and then puts up the exact text file and the artwork. It would be really nice if he would give credit to the original uploader. One thing I do have to give him credit for is that he is sharing the shows in their original flac format. I looked at a few comments and people are asking for mp3, but it looks like he is sticking to lossless, which is great.

Five
2008-04-14, 01:14 PM
the original uploader doesn't always want to be credited, and often the uploader to TTD is not the person who created the files fwiw. I'm just glad he's not making everything mp3.

if he's putting stuff on his blog that you uploaded and you want a credit, just email him and ask.

Jetrell69
2008-04-14, 02:03 PM
I realise that not all uploaders want the credit but this person doesn't even bother trying. I found one of my own uploads there, the recent Fixx BBC vinyl rip that I did, and put my own credit as someone was thanking them for the "rip".

I give credit for the lossless files...as I did in my comment there but it would seem to me that he does do mp3 conversions over at this link.....

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/member.php?u=32894

...where of course they say they don't respond to pm's....I wonder why.

:(

"God Bless,
itsjustme2.0 (a.k.a itsjustme1, savvysam)
I do not respond to PMs (sorry)."

Here is the users upload list there...some in FLAC, alot in mp3....

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/search.php?searchid=282983

direwolf-pgh
2008-04-14, 02:14 PM
you really sound stressed over this Jetrell69.
So you ripped an old Fixx LP and uploaded to the internet.. (at multiple sites)
now you wish personal recognition and intellectual property rights on it - everywhere it travels ?
good luck with that.

id give you a little gold star for the effort, but I dont have any.

freezer
2008-04-14, 02:50 PM
Hey all,

This site has done me kindly by making great music available that I may not have heard or being able to find & afford. I have upp'd a few things here myself and so have alot of others. I LOVE sharing and I am happy when people share your stuff in the format that they received it in as well.

Over the last few months I was turned on to audio blogs where folks share what they have without ratio or sign up requirements. I found one site in particular that shares lossless shows, some from here, and doesn't give credit to the original uploader while people thank the owner of the blog for the rips like they did them and not those of you who ripped live vinyl, transferred WW1 or KBFH CD's, taped shows, and what not.

Sharing is one thing but giving credit to people who actually did the work IS part of that.

Here's the link, you decide. I realize that the bands own the music as they created the tunes but their fans help propagate the support by recognizing the bands they love....the fans deserve some credit too.

I dunno, I looked at one item that interested me and I found the credit for the taper...... as if that means anything any more...... :lol4: :lol4: :lol4:

http://qualityboots.blogspot.com/2008/02/led-zeppelin-witch-queen-1973-6cd-set.html

:rolleyes:

Jetrell69
2008-04-14, 02:59 PM
you really sound stressed over this Jetrell69.
So you ripped an old Fixx LP and uploaded to the internet.. (at multiple sites)
now you wish personal recognition and intellectual property rights on it - everywhere it travels ?
good luck with that.

id give you a little gold star for the effort, but I dont have any.

Where you read anything about wanting "intellectual property rights" to something that doesn't belong to me except the vinyl is beyond me....I believe that it's great they're sharing in the original format but a nod to folks who took the time to actually do the work of vinyl ripping would be nice....I offered it at two sites, here and DaD. I will live either way....but yes, I do believe that it should at least be mentioned....my artwork for it reflects thanks to the band and all associated, do you find that out of line for a gold star too? When you download a show do you thank just the uploader or do you actually nod at the seeders helping you to get it? They could use a gold star too....participation and mutual respect...they do alot more for sharing than you seem willing to give credit for.

Flame away if you must.....it's your right and I don't expect you to subscribe to my personal opinion...I just expect a little bit of courtesy as does everyone else who posts...please remember that much at least.

Jetrell69
2008-04-14, 03:01 PM
Hey all,

I dunno, I looked at one item that interested me and I found the credit for the taper...... as if that means anything any more...... :lol4: :lol4: :lol4:

http://qualityboots.blogspot.com/2008/02/led-zeppelin-witch-queen-1973-6cd-set.html

That is part of the Nfo file being posted...otherwise you probably wouldn't see it. They at least save those as well....another plus.

direwolf-pgh
2008-04-14, 03:21 PM
Where you read anything about wanting "intellectual property rights" to something that doesn't belong to me except the vinyl is beyond me....I believe that it's great they're sharing in the original format but a nod to folks who took the time to actually do the work of vinyl ripping would be nice....I offered it at two sites, here and DaD. I will live either way....but yes, I do believe that it should at least be mentioned....my artwork for it reflects thanks to the band and all associated, do you find that out of line for a gold star too? When you download a show do you thank just the uploader or do you actually nod at the seeders helping you to get it? They could use a gold star too....participation and mutual respect...they do alot more for sharing than you seem willing to give credit for.

Flame away if you must.....it's your right and I don't expect you to subscribe to my personal opinion...I just expect a little bit of courtesy as does everyone else who posts...please remember that much at least.I dont think you deserve anything. that is my opinion.

but thanks all the same. :thumbsup it was very kind of you to make the effort to share out an LP you had.

just dont get whiny about it or expect me to care much.
if it helps any.. I will always remember that you ripped that Fixx album
feel better ? :)

freezer
2008-04-14, 03:27 PM

That is part of the Nfo file being posted...otherwise you probably wouldn't see it. They at least save those as well....another plus.

So put your name all over the Nfo file (I assume that must mean the information file) and maybe that should solve your need for getting some credit. :clap: :clap: :clap:

However, what you see is one more instance of proper lineage being cast aside, welcome to the new world of internet music collecting, Jetrell69.

No reason to get upset, it's just another site catering to quantity over quality.

No matter what the name of that site...... :rolleyes:

"Quality Boots"...........:lol4: :lol4: :lol4: :lol4: :lol4: :lol4:

Jetrell69
2008-04-14, 03:33 PM
May we get a close to this thread.....I had hoped it wouldn't turn into a "flame" thread but I over-estimated that it wouldn't.

Thanks

U2Lynne
2008-04-14, 03:35 PM
I did leave a remark, Jetrell, simply stating that I think it would be nice if the person putting the shows up would give credit to the original uploaders. I do think that is the polite thing to do anywhere. (However, I'll admit that I don't always remember, but if it's in the text file, then I do.) I think that is all we can really ask for. Don't forget that the main target of sites like these is to Share The Music. That is the goal. And he is doing that.

Let's keep this on track and not end up with the same old bullshit from so many other threads or the thread will get closed.

freezer
2008-04-14, 03:47 PM
.................. Don't forget that the main target of sites like these is to Share The Music. That is the goal. And he is doing that.

Let's keep this on track and not end up with the same old bullshit from so many other threads or the thread will get closed.

Many collectors think that along with "sharing the music" that "sharing the correct information" is absolutely necessary.

If that had been properly done at "Quality Boots", I suspect Jetrell69 wouldn't have felt the need to start this thread.

"Quality Boots" = :lol4:

Jetrell69
2008-04-14, 03:53 PM
Correct information does lead to better sharing as it keeps the lineage of the shows posted as up to date as possible....I am not looking for "actual" thanks...just that, when there is a transfer like this where someone has done a clean upgrade or something from their collection that took effort to do like cleaning, recording, track splitting & other minute details that enhance a share that the user is properly mentioned as the originator (I guess) when posted elsewhere.

Lynne, I have come to know you fairly well....I know you support me and the site...neither you or Five were being blamed for the quick downward slide this thread took.

direwolf-pgh
2008-04-14, 04:06 PM
its such a small issue & one you KNOW you cant correct it
I dont see why you decided to make it an issue here and in the thread of your original seed & at that site.. and who know where else
maybe the original torrent site should get credit as well.. etc..etc.

its whatever man - thats my point (if there is one to be made)
and EVERYBODY has ripped and seeded & yes they move across the net with changes sometimes
just dont feel like you're the only one.

Jetrell69
2008-04-14, 04:22 PM
Lynne,

Please close the thread....I think Im going to cry.

dcbullet
2008-04-14, 05:47 PM
I like it when people keep my information files intact when they share too. :)

Five
2008-04-15, 01:17 PM
haha the hendrix one posted this morning at qualityboots is one that I upped here (reseed at that). half the txt file is removed, just off the cuff comments from Jon who is the source that were written in 2005 and might sound a little confusing, like it is the blogger speaking. the comments are probably still in the txt file (you would think). he also took out "do not encode to mp3" that was there, which is the worst of it to me.

generally, if the seeder put something in the txt file about their identity/handle then its nice if it stays there. if they didn't maybe they don't want this information passed along.

last year we were made aware that there are certain ppl out there who download new ttd shows and put them up elsewhere (other trackers, as spanning rars on ftp replacement sites etc) in as little as 24hrs, they do not respect the request not to convert to mp3, and respond with tremendous hostility when emailed about it.

Staff discussed this at length, conclusions were that we don't like it, and that there is no effective way to prevent this from happening.

So by comparison the 'qualityboots' blog is not as big a deal at all!

Besides, what can we do about it? About the only way we could get any control over that would be to host something similar to these blogs at ttd, where we have control over content.

Which is an interesting thought... ratio-free downloads, a little picture and a writeup for every show posted. There could also be a link to the show on the ttd tracker as well.