PDA

View Full Version : remastering a dvd

awaker
2007-12-11, 07:35 AM
i need help,anyone

Thulani
2007-12-11, 07:41 AM
Remastering what from a DVD? Menu? Audio? Video?

awaker
2007-12-11, 07:49 AM
i have widespread panic 3-13-92,you're not allowed to trade panic dvds,anyway,the video is pretty good but the sound isnt very good at all but i have a perfect soundboard i'd like to put them together

Thulani
2007-12-11, 08:25 AM
If the DVD has menus you should just replace the audio using this (http://www.digital-digest.com/articles/Simplistic_Guide_for_Replacing_DVD_Streams_page1.html) tutorial.
If your DVD has no menu just de-multiplex the DVD and reauthor it with the new audio.
The major problem on this kind of stuff you're trying to do is that the video and audio can be out of sync. The resync part it's the hardest part. I can't explain the resync part 'cause I don't have the vocabulary necessary to do that. Maybe a better English speaker can explain you that. Or you can search on forum.videohelp.com

xjsb125
2007-12-12, 01:08 AM
To keep your soundboard audio in sync with the video on the DVD, you'll want to de-multiplex the audio from the DVD and insert it and the soundboard audio into an audio editor like Soundforge, Cool Edit, Audition, etc, and align the SBD audio with the DVD audio. You may have to cut and/or time change your SBD audio because of the different recording speeds between sources....if that makes sense to you at all.