PDA

View Full Version : uploading problem

twistafatty
2007-05-17, 09:15 PM
Having a problem with upload stream after downloading torrent.I just downloaded Little Feat Pink Pop Fest DVD.I checked the peer list and not firewalled.I presently am not using a router,just a modem with windows xp and bit tornado.This problem just started occuring.The indicator light is green and uploading at 60 kb for a minute or two than goes red and back to zero and then goes green and then back to red.Must I forward my ports and what numbers are best?....Thanks

diggrd
2007-05-17, 09:36 PM
well on that torrent 87 people are trying to feed one leecher so it stands to reason you won't get much chance to upload. I may jump on and catch a quick ride.

Tubular
2007-05-19, 08:01 PM
Same thing used to happen to me until I updated to BitTornado 3.18. It has encryption capability which fights Comcast's attempts to throttle or limit bittorrent activity. I use the default encryption settings and am now able to upload after completing a torrent. Use ports above 50,000. The defualt ports (6881-6889) are now known to be used for BT by ISP's, so they limit them. Just check that Windows Firewall is not blocking you (Control Panel > Windows Firewall > Exceptions). It should have btdownloadgui in the list. Make sure it is checked. I don't think you have to forward your ports because you are not using a router.

http://www.bittornado.com/