PDA

View Full Version : Connecting to seeds

splumer
2007-05-17, 10:10 AM
I grabbed some torrents from btjunkie, and started dowloading. For one, there were 82 seeds in the swarm, but I was only connected to 2 or three. Thus, what should have been a blazin' fast download turned into an overnight and then some DL. Is there anything I can do to connect to other seeds in the swarm? I use Azureus. Thanks.

U2Lynne
2007-05-17, 10:23 AM
First, make sure you aren't firewalled. And then also make sure you haven't set Azureus to only connect to a couple of connections (under Options > Transfer). Does this only happen on that tracker?

splumer
2007-05-17, 02:12 PM
First, make sure you aren't firewalled. And then also make sure you haven't set Azureus to only connect to a couple of connections (under Options > Transfer). Does this only happen on that tracker?

Well, when I started the DL from btjunkie, it happened, but then I stopped it, went to the actual tracker (btjunkie is an index of trackers) DL'd the torrent file, rather than opening it, and it worked better, but not 100 percent. Other torrents I've done, from etree, and TTD have all worked fine.

I checked that setting and I think it's OK. Is that "Max connections" that you're referring to? It's set at 250 for me.