PDA

View Full Version : Timeout error, all the time

stlphishhead
2005-02-14, 11:04 PM
Hello,
I already posted this thread a couple weeks ago, but I couldn't find it, sorry.
I use azereus to download, and am completely successful at every other torrent site. On this site however, I always get a time out error. I have tried using numerous clients, called my isp and they don't block 6969. I know for sure my ports are open. Please help, going crazy!
Thanks

U2Lynne
2005-02-14, 11:23 PM
How about we get the exact error and your OS to start with. (And how do you know your ports are forwarded?)

stlphishhead
2005-02-15, 08:21 AM
The exact error I get is "Connection Error (timeout)". I am using windows xp SP2, and I know my ports are open because in Azureus when downloading from a different torrent site I get all green smile faces. If the ports are closed you can only get yellow smile faces.

U2Lynne
2005-02-15, 10:22 AM
And you just let the client sit and try to connect for several minutes even though you get the connection error?

From filesoup's FAQ (http://www.filesoup.com/faq/index.php?sid=320225&aktion=anzeigen&rubrik=014&seite=1):

BitTorrent Error Messages: What is “error 10060 Connection timed out”, and how do I fix it?
This means that you sent a request to a peer or tracker, and there was no response. Again this error generally sorts itself out given time, and can be caused by a busy tracker. If the problem is persisting double-check to make sure your torrent is seeded and the tracker is working.

or from Brian's BT FAQ (http://btfaq.com/serve/cache/35.html):

Problem connecting to tracker - timeout exceeded
Problem connecting to tracker - HTTP Error 503: Connect failed
Problem connecting to tracker - [Errno socket error] (10061, "Connection refused")
Problem connecting to tracker - (111, 'Connection refused')
There was a problem contacting the tracker. Trackers tend to be heavily loaded, and connections sometimes fail. The best thing to do is just be patient and leave the client open. If you find you're getting this a lot, you can try increasing the HTTP request timeout by adding the parameter "--http_timeout 120" (the default is 60, unit is seconds.) See the FAQ section (Xref) How do I change the command line parameters in Windows? if you need help doing this.

I'm not sure which of those errors fits what you are seeing.

stlphishhead
2005-02-15, 10:35 AM
I have let the client try to connect for several hours at a time and just keep getting "Connection Error (timeout)". When I click on the tracker link it comes up with the page cannot be displayed screen.

stlphishhead
2005-02-15, 10:38 AM
I don't get any of the timeout messages in Brian's faq with the error numbers or anything like that.

U2Lynne
2005-02-15, 11:05 AM
Azureus won't really show those types of messages. Usually the normal bittorrent client will give you the more specific error message with the number and everything.

And, the tracker link won't work usually because when you make the torrent, most clients don't allow you to put one in, so it usually just shows the announce url, and for here, you can't see the tracker.

Are you downloading the torrent to your desktop and launching it from there?

stlphishhead
2005-02-15, 11:55 AM
Yes, I am downloading to a folder and then launching the torrents.

stlphishhead
2005-02-15, 12:16 PM
I tried to download Moe. 2005-2-10 Tsunami relief DVD in BitTornado and got the following more detailed error message
"Problem connecting to tracker-<urlopen error(10060,'operation timed out')>

U2Lynne
2005-02-15, 12:35 PM
Which is the filesoup one and the one you see on the list of common bt errors (http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/romeria/errors.htm)

I would try leaving that window open for awhile. Could it be that before, when you left the window open, that our tracker was down? I noticed that your last post was on 1/31 which was when we switched servers, so it could have been that our tracker was down then and so you really were having problems connecting to a dead tracker. The tracker is up and running right now though.

stlphishhead
2005-02-15, 02:49 PM
I have had Bit Tornado open for nearly 2 1/2 hours now, and still haven't connected at all. I don't think it was because your tracker was down, I have tried downloading from this site many times between 1-31 and now.

stlphishhead
2005-02-17, 11:00 PM
I still haven't been able to connect for last two days. I guess I'll give up.
Man that sucks.
Thanks for all your help though

sunnyvale07
2007-05-30, 11:21 PM
I stumbled upon this link while searching Google for answers to the same problem. While this thread/website did not prove helpful, I resolved the issue and wanted to share my solution:

1. Go to Security Center.
2. Disable firewall.
3. Restart Azureus.

Worked for me. =)

KoolKat
2007-05-31, 01:14 AM
I stumbled upon this link while searching Google for answers to the same problem. While this thread/website did not prove helpful, I resolved the issue and wanted to share my solution:

1. Go to Security Center.
2. Disable firewall.
3. Restart Azureus.

Worked for me. =)

Not clever..
just add the client to the firewall exceptions.

K_K

(You still use windows firewall :hmm: ) ;)