PDA

View Full Version : ARGH! My profile says I am firewalled, but my Utorrent says I am fine.

sgrmag74
2007-03-03, 10:59 AM
This keeps happening too and it is really bugging me.

I am trying to get my ratio higher and don't want this to become an issue anymore.

Does anyone have a clue what is going on. We have worked for weeks to keep our ports open and are seeding 7 DVDs and DLing 2 more.

I have a super fast and new computer and want to get this issue resolved once and for all.

Thanks. Sorry if I sound bitchy. I'm just extremely frustrated.

direwolf-pgh
2007-03-03, 11:16 AM
you are not firewalled - but your upstream is a little thin.. 4 kbps.
If you are pulling/pushing torrents to multiple sites it may give a false "firewall" indication. It will take time to shared back all those great dead shows :thumbsup

U2Lynne
2007-03-03, 07:33 PM
I changed the way the query is for when it tells you that you are firewalled. When you posted this, you were showing up as firewalled on two shows. You probably opened your bittorrent client and connected to all the shows at once and the tracker tried each time to see if you were firewalled and two of those times it timed out (the tracker may have been busy). Anyway, if you get marked as Not Firewalled on any of the shows you are seeding/leeching, then the Firewalled sign should not show up.

(Just want to add that even if our first check on the tracker shows you as firewalled, that has no affect on your connecting to other bittorrent clients. Those will continually check to see if you are firewalled and connect you to other people based on their findings.)