PDA

View Full Version : Fingerprint button will not work.

analog414
2006-11-05, 09:01 PM
I read all of the rules on upload audio. I have one problem. The fingerprint button on my Flac frontend does not work. There is a bug somewhere. Just a blank page in the txt. file. I went to dime for this reason shortly after I registered. I upload ONLY MASTER recording that I record. I would love to include the fingerprint but I have got NO help from the author or the forum for flac. If you want to check me out, I am analog4011 on dime. I would like to start here. I already have the flac files ready for 40 or so shows.
regards Rick

rollenran
2006-11-05, 09:14 PM
fingerprints for the FLAC files It's really easy to do with Trader's Little Helper:

http://thor.prohosting.com/roh0205/

analog414
2006-11-05, 09:22 PM
fingerprints for the FLAC files It's really easy to do with Trader's Little Helper:

http://thor.prohosting.com/roh0205/

you're not clear, I already made the flac files. How do I make a fingerprint using Traders LH? The flac frontend does not work.

rollenran
2006-11-05, 09:43 PM
Create Checksum file in Trader's Little Helper

rollenran
2006-11-05, 09:47 PM
right I use a program called Easy CD-DA TO Make Flac. which uses Flac frontend to do it.

and I use Trader's Little Helper to make fingerprint

paddington
2006-11-05, 09:48 PM
flac frontend's fingerprint function works just fine

rollenran
2006-11-05, 09:56 PM
OK COOL

but not on analog414's computer

I was just saying what I use that's all but ya I don't think most of my programs would work with out flac frontend

U2Lynne
2006-11-05, 10:00 PM
Actually, I've heard of this problem before which is why I suggested he post in Technobabble. I'm a Mac user, so I just don't remember what the solution was the last time I saw this problem mentioned.

ohkeepa
2006-11-05, 10:09 PM
I ran into that problem a few times back when I used FrontEnd. I can't remember if I did anything to remedy the problem or if it just fixed on its own. But I did use TLH a couple times too and I thought it was very simple

rollenran
2006-11-05, 10:11 PM
how about you delete flac frontend and re download it off the web

ohkeepa
2006-11-05, 10:14 PM
that is what I would recommend to try first
http://flac.sourceforge.net/download.html

paddington
2006-11-05, 10:37 PM
Actually, I've heard of this problem before which is why I suggested he post in Technobabble. I'm a Mac user, so I just don't remember what the solution was the last time I saw this problem mentioned.

the problem was a "known issue" on some older versions, as was the sector boundary alignment screwing up.

I'd strongly suggest uninstalling completely and downloading the latest release driectly from soundforge.

AAR.oner
2006-11-06, 05:44 AM
i'd recommend uninstalling the Frontend as well, and then re-installing TLH...no need to even use Frontend if ya have TLH ;)