PDA

View Full Version : DHT still firewalled

searchinforthesound
2006-09-22, 02:20 AM
Azureus still saying DHT firewalled. NAT is gray, is this good or bad? any help would be appreciated as I am not the most computer or p-to-p savy. :hmm:

U2Lynne
2006-09-22, 09:36 AM
A green NAT is a happy NAT. Gray does not sound good.

Did you forward you ports correctly by going to portforward.com and looking up your router and following the instructions (including the ones on how to set up a static IP on your computer)?

Explosivo
2006-09-22, 09:37 PM
I believe a gray nat means that you dont have any torrents running. Do you have anything running while its grey, and is there anybody connected to you? A red NAT light means your firewalled, green means you are good to go, and yellow means that it seems ok, but nobody is remotley connected to you at the time.

searchinforthesound
2006-09-23, 03:01 AM
I believe Ive forwarded port in the router correctly but cant seem to set a static IP on my mac.everytime Ive tried it disables the connection to the internet.same result when I tried setting static IP on the router.

U2Lynne
2006-09-23, 11:33 AM
To set up a static IP on a Mac: http://www.portforward.com/networking/static-Mac10.4.htm

But, remember, you also need to make sure that the static IP you set up is not in the range that your router considers for DHCP IPs. So, if you tell your router to use 192.168.1.200 and above for DHCP, then make sure your static IP is below that.

searchinforthesound
2006-09-23, 09:41 PM
thanks for the assistance Lynne.I've gotten the static IP on my MBP setup and workin. DHT in Azureus still firewalled NAT still grey.I've forwarded the port on my router is there something else I'm missing.I only forwarded one port number Azureus says it only needs one.

searchinforthesound
2006-09-24, 06:32 AM
so Ive finally managed to get DHT unfirewalled,greeeeeeen all the way. I still seem to have a nat problem. NAT still grey.Ive forwarded ports in my 2wire dslroute/modem according to port forward.completely disabled the OS X software firewall.if anyone cant show me what I cant seem to see.I sem to be pretty close to understanding but Im not sure what the NAT prob still is

searchinforthesound
2006-09-24, 09:42 AM
Ok so I thought i had made progress but alas when I restarted Azureus NAT still grey and DHT is firewalled again. Im absoulutly lost at this point please enlighten me :hmm:

Shady1824
2006-09-24, 10:27 PM
i am firewalled here and i dont know why. i pull great speeds.

opened ports, used the windows xp guide to port forwarding and set up a static ip.

nothing will get past this firewall