PDA

View Full Version : Passkey Tracker coming on Wednesday....

Pages : [1] 2

U2Lynne
2006-05-23, 04:19 PM
This is the thread for people to post questions about the passkey tracker we will begin to use on Wednesday. The site will be closed while I make the modifications. Then, a notice will be posted at the top of the forum telling you that we are now in passkey mode and you will need to redownload your torrents. If you do not redownload the torrent file, your bittorrent client will start to give you errors!

Please post all your questions and problems in this thread so that it is easy for me to address.

This is currently working correctly on Azureus (http://azureus.sourceforge.net/), uTorrent (http://www.utorrent.com/), and BitTorrent (http://www.bittorrent.com/download.myt) (as of 10 am PST). If you have DHT enbabled in your bt client, you will still be connecting to people not using the passkey system. However, your stats won't update and they won't show up on the Peers List here.

Thanks for everyone's patience while I iron out all the problems. And thanks for the detailed information (errors, clients, OS) that allows me to figure out the problems.

Some additional information:

Personalized torrents (or what some people call a passkey tracker) make sure that the tracker identifies each person by a unique 'passkey' that they get assigned. When you download a personalized torrent, it will have this passkey embeded in it. When your bittorrent client talks to the tracker, it is given your passkey and thus it knows exactly who to credit any upload or download stats to. Our tracker has been using your IP to identify you. This did not always work well when users had dynamic IPs or shared an apartment with someone else also using the tracker.

What this means is that unpersonalized torrents will no longer work on this site. Once we go into passkey mode, your torrent files will give you an error. You must then go back to the thread where you got the torrent file and redownload the torrent file. You must then remove the old torrent file from your bittorrent client and then start the new one up and point it to your download. There is a pictorial tutorial on how to do this in Azureus here (/forums/faq.php?faq=bittorrent#faq_window) - don't forget to delete the torrent from your Azureus window first, before you add the new personalized torrent!

For now on, when you upload a torrent to the site, you must then download a new torrent file that is personalized for you and start that torrent in order to connect to the tracker. If you use the torrent you uploaded, which is not personalized, you will get an error!

UPDATE: OK, we have *something* new installed. I'm very frazzled right now so be kind in your posts. (In the middle of my database mods, the host had to do an emergency reboot of the router. This screwed me up because I was in the middle of the install, so I had to manually make a bunch of database changes. Then my linksys piece-of-sh*t router decided to keep disconnecting me. Anyone want to recommend me a good, reliable router? Not wireless, we have a separate belkin access point for that.

Scott
2006-05-23, 07:39 PM
:hmm: For those of us that are stupid, um, are there clients that are more compatable with all this passkey stuff than others?

ColinM
2006-05-23, 08:39 PM
Passkey is not client picky. That being said, some clients are better than others.

I got this list from another tracker and it has held true most of the time. In my opinion:

ABC - Randomly reports bad stats to the tracker.

Acquisition - Not a proper Torrent client.

BinTorrent - Users caught cheating with this client.

BitLord - Based on old buggy BitComet code.

BitSpirit - Randomly sends DHT packets to its own public tracker.

BitComet - Very very popular client but EVERY version reports bad stats to the tracker.

Bittorrent++ - Does not uniquely identify itself.

burst! - No longer maintained.

CTorrent - Communicates with the tracker incorrectly (aka not following BT spec).

ed2k - Not a proper Torrent client.

eDonkey2000 - Not a proper Torrent client.

eXeem - Not a proper Torrent client.

G3 - Consistently reports bad stats to the tracker.

MLdonkey - Not a proper Torrent client.

Qtorrent - Does not identify itself correctly.

Opera - Not a proper Torrent client.

Shareazza - Not a proper Torrent client.

Torrentstorm - Development and bug fixes ceased 30th March 2005.

Torrent Station - Does not uniquely identify itself.

Turbo Torrent - Rumored to do bad things.

XBT Client - By default does not identify itself on the swarm or can be configured to pretend to be another client.

Ziptorrent - Does not identify itself correctly (specifically it lacks version number). Being used principally by spoofers, taking advantage of this bad code decision.

ColinM
2006-05-23, 08:40 PM
I had a question.

I'll have two computers setup very soon at home with separate interneet connections. Will I be allowed to seed from two IP addys? What about leech from two?

Gibblet
2006-05-23, 09:23 PM
How long will this site be shut down?

Trader Dave
2006-05-23, 09:24 PM
I had a question.

I'll have two computers setup very soon at home with separate interneet connections. Will I be allowed to seed from two IP addys? What about leech from two?
You want to know if you can use the same username for more than one computer at a time? :hmm:

Trader Dave
2006-05-23, 09:28 PM
How long will this site be shut down?
Maybe she can use LiveJournal.com to keep you informed if it takes too long?
http://thetradersden.livejournal.com/

ColinM
2006-05-23, 09:43 PM
You want to know if you can use the same username for more than one computer at a time? :hmm:

Yep.

U2Lynne
2006-05-23, 10:15 PM
My first order of business is to get the tracker up and running. Then I will worry about how many computers you will be allowed to seed or leech from. I'm not going to play with any of that code until people settle in and get comfortable using personalized torrents. At the beginning, it won't matter if you are seeding/leeching from several computers at a time.

As for how long the site will be down, um.... I'm hoping less than an hour. But, I will update the vB front page that you get when I take the site offline.

cuzin_jawn
2006-05-23, 11:20 PM
This sounds like how dimeadozen works, with personalized torrents. Now as long as I remeber the site wil lbe down and don't freak out when I can't get on here.

I forgot my question, so will our download/upload ratios be reset? or will the current ratio remain. Thanks

Jon

Scott
2006-05-23, 11:36 PM
Based on what ColinM wrote, were fucked!

smr
2006-05-24, 02:13 AM
Some of you are freaking out for nothing.
What you will gain from this is an accurate ratio unlike how it has been before.
The only thing that will change with this is when you upload as you do, now after uploading the .torrent FILE, you then click it to download as if you were going to be the leecher.This is so it registers with the tracker and can then give an accurate ratio on that file/torrent

So if you are just a downloader, you have nothing to worry about.Just do as you always do.
If you are someone who uploads, do as you always do only now after you upload, it wont start seeding until you download the .torrent you just uploaded.Your client will check it, then start seeding.No big deal.Most all trackers use this.

If you have a torrent going right now and know it wont finish while all this goes down, after all this gets put into place, stop your torrent, remove it ( .torrent file only! ) as in delete to trash, then find the post and re-download the new .torrent file.Your client will check it ( takes a minute or two ) and then continue to download.Nothing to orry about.

glens
2006-05-24, 05:09 AM
Another big thing to keep in mind is not to let someone else use your torrent file once it has been downloaded with your passkey. Like, don't send the .torrent file with your passkey to someone else so they can use it to access the files. All torrent activity with a certain passkey will attribute to the person who has it, so it's possible that one's ratio can go all to hell. I've seen one torrent being leeched dozens of times by the same user, under dozens of different IPs.........

PyRo UK
2006-05-24, 06:19 AM
So this will also help deter people from posting links for TTD torrents elsewhere on the internet :)

I had a question.

I understand wanting to seed from two, but why would you want to leach from two? You'd just be wasting your bandwidth to get two coppies of the same thing! Sure, your two coppies will be communicating with eachother, but I really don't think this will make much difference, unless of course you're on a torrent with only 2 or 3 peers...

pmonk
2006-05-24, 10:29 AM
Is the end of TTD as we know it :woot:

diggrd
2006-05-24, 01:44 PM
Is this working for anyone yet?

I keep getting this error with BitTornado
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/diggrd/PASSKEY.jpg

Tried both these and got the same error. ( replaced http with 4ttp)
JPrine&AmosLee
d8:announce97:4ttp://www.thetradersden.org/forums/tracker/announce.php?passkey=7f4####################51d35c4c118:azureus_propertiesd17:dht_backup_enablei0ee. ....

Beatles GetBack
d8:announce97:4ttp://www.thetradersden.org/forums/tracker/announce.php?passkey=7f4###################51d35c4c113:creation datei1148053296e4:infod5......

toolmanwill
2006-05-24, 01:46 PM
Some of you are freaking out for nothing.
What you will gain from this is an accurate ratio unlike how it has been before.

This is what i've been waiting for!! My ratio has been stuck at .65 for a long while, even after seeding Karl's 4-30-2006 Tool show since it was posted(actually got it from DIME and helped to seed here).

U2Lynne
2006-05-24, 01:59 PM
diggrd, does it work if you edit the torrent files and replace '4ttp' with 'http'? That is a strange error indeed and I'll have to look into it. What browser are you using?

(Yes, it is working for some people. I'm on Azureus and doing OK.)

EDIT: whoops, I misread what you wrote. I thought it was replacing the 'h' with a '4' and couldn't understand why.

So, it's an infohash problem. I'll look into this.

novella1949
2006-05-24, 02:00 PM
If you do not redownload the torrent file, your bittorrent client will start to give you errors!

Please post all your questions and problems in this thread so that it is easy for me to address.

.[/QUOTE]

I am (was) downloading this torrent

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5745

have stopped my downloading (about 75%), redownloaded and overwritten the torrent file in the same folder but my bittorrent client (Bit Tornado) is giving me error ( "NOT A VALID RESPONSEFILE"; i have redownloaded the torrent file several times with no result; can you help me to understand?

Thank you

U2Lynne
2006-05-24, 02:03 PM
novella, are you getting the same error as diggrd above? Both of you are using bittornado, which is interesting.

sj1998
2006-05-24, 02:04 PM
Im getting similar Info hash error messages even after redownloading and restarting multiple torrents. I opened up three or four different torrents to try and seed and none will work. I am using bit torrent and getting the following error message:
""red hot chili peppers 2002-06-04" : Aborting the torrent as it was rejected by the tracker while not connected to any peers. Message from the tracker: (info_hash = '���\0C������K' OR info_hash = '���\0C������K' OR info_hash = '293d6d5773fb669c273435d4daca164808695c9d') : torrent not registered with this tracker"

Sorry things arent working well. If its an issue with certain clients please let us know so we can change. Thanks again to everyone running this site for everything and for all the seeders tapers and everyone making it possible for all of us to come here and find amazing live shows in both audio and video formats.

Thanks again and hope everything works smoothly from here on out.

Seth

novella1949
2006-05-24, 02:07 PM
novella, are you getting the same error as diggrd above? Both of you are using bittornado, which is interesting.

No my error quotes: "NOT A VALID RESPONSEFILE"

(thanks for the help)

nonantolaslim
2006-05-24, 02:23 PM
I get this error (see below) Hi PMonk Invalid passkey (0 - ).

"Bad Company 1999-05-21 Orlando (NTSC proshot) DVD" : Sto interrompendo il torrent poiché è stato rifiutato dal tracker mentre non era connesso a nessuna fonte. Messaggio dal tracker: Hi PMonk Invalid passkey (0 - )

It's not easy to follow all the instructions, some concepts and terms are not easy if english is not your mother language...

can you help me?

Thanks

sb76854
2006-05-24, 02:31 PM
I'm getting the same error.

I am trying to seed the torrent my download has finnished

I am using the same Bit Torrent client as well

JPrine&AmosLee
d8:announce97:4ttp://www.thetradersden.org/forums/tracker/announce.php?passkey=7f4####################51d35c4c118:azureus_propertiesd17:dht_backup_enablei0ee. ....

Beatles GetBack
d8:announce97:4ttp://www.thetradersden.org/forums/tracker/announce.php?passkey=7f4###################51d35c4c113:creation datei1148053296e4:infod5......

U2Lynne
2006-05-24, 02:33 PM
nonantolaslim, did you redownload the torrent file from the thread? The error you are getting is one if you didn't download a new torrent file today.

diggrd
2006-05-24, 02:34 PM
I get this error (see below) Hi PMonk Invalid passkey (0 - ).

No my error quotes: "NOT A VALID RESPONSEFILE"

(thanks for the help)

I have seen both of these as well

uTorrent appears to work OK

MasterSandman II
2006-05-24, 02:44 PM
I get this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/traviscurrah/error_edited.jpg

U2Lynne
2006-05-24, 02:45 PM
Those of you getting the error with bittornado, do you happen to have another client installed where you can see if this works with that one? Also, what version of bittornado are you using.

(And thanks for your patience, we will get this figured out!)

nonantolaslim
2006-05-24, 02:48 PM
nonantolaslim, did you redownload the torrent file from the thread? The error you are getting is one if you didn't download a new torrent file today.

Yes. Now I tried again and it gives me this error:

"Bad Company 1999-05-21 Orlando (NTSC proshot) DVD" : Sto interrompendo il torrent poiché è stato rifiutato dal tracker mentre non era connesso a nessuna fonte. Messaggio dal tracker: (info_hash = 'Е!��8c��!��OR info_hash = 'Е!��8c��!��OR info_hash = 'eae9a0bc9bca43637f5f6cdeba5548a47e7e2d3c') : torrent not registered with this tracker

Thanks.

sb76854
2006-05-24, 02:51 PM
Those of you getting the error with bittornado, do you happen to have another client installed where you can see if this works with that one? Also, what version of bittornado are you using.

Bittorrent T-0.3.7(Bit Tornado)

I do not have any other BT software on my PC

harjen
2006-05-24, 02:59 PM
Hi,

I tried to start a new download (Bad Company dvd-9) and also get the same info hash error message as above mentioned a few times already.

I have bit torrent 3.4.1

onemysticlove
2006-05-24, 03:03 PM
I'm on BitTorrent Client 4.4.1 for OSX, and I downloaded the torrent file for the PROJECT_MIDNIGHT_SUNRISE-1.NTSC.DVD9.torrent again today. However, when I open the new torrent, I get the following message:

Critical: Aborting the torrent as it was rejected by the tracker while not connected to any peers. Message from the tracker: Hi PMonk Invalid passkey (0 - )

Isn't this the message that appears if I don't download the new torrent? Am I doing something wrong?

Peace,
Okemo

joeschmeaux
2006-05-24, 03:04 PM
I've stopped all of my torrents, but the one that's finally giving me good speeds (it said 30 days to go yesterday and now it says six). I've downloaded fresh torrents, cleared the windows, and tried to start again, but so far it doesn't work. I get an error with no explaination in the log -- it says "error; see log for error details," but the log reads "download completed, download started." I use BitTorrent 4.4.1. I can't bear to stop the last one until the new torrents work. I have a number of files to continue seeding so I can get my ratio up -- I'm new and went a little nuts my first weekend doing this! Any ideas on what I can do to get them started again? :hmm:

novella1949
2006-05-24, 03:19 PM

I've tried with utorrent and azureus as well but I got the same error ("unable to open")

My version of bit tornado is 0.3.8

U2Lynne
2006-05-24, 03:21 PM
OK, I'm trying different things with the announce.php script to try to fix this for some of you. I'm trying to incorporate some stuff from our old tracker into this one and I'm hopefully not breaking it for other people along the way. Let me know if things change for any of you along the way.

U2Lynne
2006-05-24, 03:22 PM
novella, are you making sure to remove the old torrent from your client before you add the new personalized one? I know I will get an error from Azureus if I forget to do that.

GuRu
2006-05-24, 03:33 PM
I get this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/traviscurrah/error_edited.jpg

I'm getting this same error :hmm:

joeschmeaux
2006-05-24, 03:43 PM
I've stopped all of my torrents, but the one that's finally giving me good speeds (it said 30 days to go yesterday and now it says six). I've downloaded fresh torrents, cleared the windows, and tried to start again, but so far it doesn't work. I get an error with no explaination in the log -- it says "error; see log for error details," but the log reads "download completed, download started." I use BitTorrent 4.4.1. I can't bear to stop the last one until the new torrents work. I have a number of files to continue seeding so I can get my ratio up -- I'm new and went a little nuts my first weekend doing this! Any ideas on what I can do to get them started again? :hmm:

I just tried joining torrents that are now running again, but got: "Critical: Aborting the torrent as it was rejected by the tracker while not connected to any peers. Message from the tracker: (info_hash = '' OR info_hash = '' OR info_hash = 'da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709') : torrent not registered with this tracker"

U2Lynne
2006-05-24, 03:44 PM
OK, I just made another couple of changes. I'm doing this kinda slowly cuz I don't want to screw this up for those for whom this is working.

All this input is helpful, guys!

novella1949
2006-05-24, 03:45 PM
novella, are you making sure to remove the old torrent from your client before you add the new personalized one? I know I will get an error from Azureus if I forget to do that.

yes i'm sure

deadissue
2006-05-24, 03:50 PM
Removed PH11/19/96 and PLQ4/18/01 (seeds), redownloaded the torrents from their threads, they're both doing fine. UM5/17/02 (download), did the same thing and it's checking the entire file (for my external drive it takes a few hours depending on the size).

Using Azureus - doesn't seem to be giving me any problems. If anyone else is using Azureus, it should work.

Anyone can PM me if they need some help, I'll be on the site until later on tonight.

eeyore5251976
2006-05-24, 03:51 PM
i have two finished show on my hard drive that i was sharing. i downloaded the torrent file and opened bt up and it gave me tracker erros what due i do??

U2Lynne
2006-05-24, 03:56 PM
You are correct, deadissue, Azureus and uTorrent seem to be doing OK. BitTornado has had a few people complain and also BitTorrent.

I'll continue trying to figure out why those clients are having issues.

diggrd
2006-05-24, 04:01 PM
You are correct, deadissue, Azureus and uTorrent seem to be doing OK. BitTornado has had a few people complain and also BitTorrent.

I tried BitTornado 3.8 again and still getting hash error. Although in uTorrent I notice I am connected to some bitTornado clients? I even tried a different browser (IE) to D/L the torrent file but same problem. FWIW never had issues on Dime with BitTornado.

goldenboy
2006-05-24, 04:02 PM
Deleted the old torrent files on a couple of ones that I am a seeder or leecher and re-downloaded the torrent files from original thread. Giving errors. Using Bittorent 4.4.1 on a mac. Any toughts?

deadissue
2006-05-24, 04:03 PM
You've got your hands full - so if I can help out, just let me know. If you're inundated with emails and PMs, feel free to steer a few my way.

Either on TD or at [email protected]

Thanks to the entire TD staff! This is the best site on earth in my opinion. :clap:

deadissue
2006-05-24, 04:06 PM
i have two finished show on my hard drive that i was sharing. i downloaded the torrent file and opened bt up and it gave me tracker erros what due i do??

Probably a stupid suggestion...but did you delete the original torrent from your download folder?

Also, transcribe the entire error message on here when you're posting so those fixing it have as much info as possible.

Black Dog
2006-05-24, 04:07 PM
I just finished redownloading all my torrent files...

All without errors.....except "Pantera VH1 Video"

Tried 5 times, but it continues to report errors..

It has 11 seeds and won't miss me....:wave:

Thanks Lynne

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/5628/snag00009ik.th.jpg (http://img119.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snag00009ik.jpg)

novella1949
2006-05-24, 04:09 PM

neither Azureus nor uTorrent are doing ok for me with that Led Zep - early visions torrent

deadissue
2006-05-24, 04:15 PM
novella -

What were the exact steps you took?

diggrd
2006-05-24, 04:16 PM
neither Azureus nor uTorrent are doing ok for me with that Led Zep - early visions torrent
I tried this torrent as well, I wondered if being on the old tracker was the problem, since uTorrent won't open the torrent either.

novella1949
2006-05-24, 04:17 PM
Probably a stupid suggestion...but did you delete the original torrent from your download folder?

Also, transcribe the entire error message on here when you're posting so those fixing it have as much info as possible.

error message with Bit Tornado 0.3.8 > NOT A VALID RESPONSEFILE
error message with both Azureus (the latest version) and uTorrent (V. 1.5) > unable to load Led Zeppelin - early visions torrent

U2Lynne
2006-05-24, 04:20 PM
Aw shit! (whoops!)

I forgot about those on the old, old tracker. I'll need to make a couple of changes cuz I don't want those to have a passkey!

Damn, I'm sorry about that. Give me a few minutes to figure that one out.

deadissue
2006-05-24, 04:22 PM
error message with both Azureus (the latest version) and uTorrent (V. 1.5) > unable to load Led Zeppelin - early visions torrent

Yea, that's a problem with the actual torrent, not Azureus or uTorrent - I'd try it again in a few hours or give it a day.

perritorito
2006-05-24, 04:24 PM
Getting troubles on "Get Back" torrent (http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21732).
I stopped the torrent, deleted the old torrent file, downloaded the new one, but get the next message:
"Critical: Aborting the torrent as it was rejected by the tracker while not connected to any peers. Message from the tracker: (info_hash = '' OR info_hash = '' OR info_hash = 'da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709') : torrent not registered with this tracker"
Using BitTirrent 4.4.1 client on Mac. :(

novella1949
2006-05-24, 04:25 PM
novella -

What were the exact steps you took?

1) stopped downloading with the old torrent file
2) deleted the old torrent
3) saved the "new" one in the same folder as the older one
4) opened the torrent file and got those error messages as above

novella1949
2006-05-24, 04:27 PM
Aw shit! (whoops!)

I forgot about those on the old, old tracker. I'll need to make a couple of changes cuz I don't want those to have a passkey!

Damn, I'm sorry about that. Give me a few minutes to figure that one out.

fine.

and thanks for your patience!!

novella1949
2006-05-24, 04:28 PM
Yea, that's a problem with the actual torrent, not Azureus or uTorrent - I'd try it again in a few hours or give it a day.
thanks for the help, very much appreciated!

deadissue
2006-05-24, 04:31 PM
Getting troubles on "Get Back" torrent (http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21732).
I stopped the torrent, deleted the old torrent file, downloaded the new one, but get the next message:
"Critical: Aborting the torrent as it was rejected by the tracker while not connected to any peers. Message from the tracker: (info_hash = '' OR info_hash = '' OR info_hash = 'da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709') : torrent not registered with this tracker"
Using BitTirrent 4.4.1 client on Mac. :(

If you download Azureus it should work fine

PlaynNDBnd
2006-05-24, 04:44 PM
I got the same message as Perritorito on the Phil and Friends 4/18/01 post. I use BitTornado. I tossed the old file, d'loaded the new one and have tried opening it up three or four times. Got that message every time. Should I go do something else for awhile and then try again later?

U2Lynne
2006-05-24, 04:49 PM
OK, those torrents on the old, old tracker should work now if you download them again. Now they shouldn't have the passkey added into them.

Now, back to the other issues.

(deadissue, thanks for sticking around to help troubleshoot this.)

deadissue
2006-05-24, 04:51 PM
I got the same message as Perritorito on the Phil and Friends 4/18/01 post. I use BitTornado. I tossed the old file, d'loaded the new one and have tried opening it up three or four times. Got that message every time. Should I go do something else for awhile and then try again later?

That one does work with UTorrent and Azureus...if you want to hop back on ASAP, try downloading one of those. Lynne has mentioned problems with BitTornado, and it may take some time to work that out.

novella1949
2006-05-24, 04:53 PM
OK, those torrents on the old, old tracker should work now if you download them again. Now they shouldn't have the passkey added into them.

Now, back to the other issues.

(deadissue, thanks for sticking around to help troubleshoot this.)

the Led Zep works fine now, thank you!

obcd
2006-05-24, 04:53 PM
ther seems to be a problem between the tracker and the official bittorrent client.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| file: RHCP - Milan Alcatraz - 29 April 2006 - TTD || size: 3,025,241,641 (2.8 GB) || dest: /home/jdl/RHCP - Milan Alcatraz - 29 April 2006 - TTD || progress: ____________________________________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________ || status: connecting to peers (0.0%) || speed: 0 B/s down - 0 B/s up || totals: 0.0 MB down - 0.0 MB up || error(s): [23:49:39] rejected by tracker - (info_hash = '' OR info_hash = '' OR info_hash = '****************************************') : torrent not registered wi |

i've had it running under ubuntu server on my dedicated server before without problems and hope you'll permit me (as well as everyone using this client) to use it once again here, this is the only command line one i know of :)

perritorito
2006-05-24, 04:57 PM
Azureus is not an option for me, it takes everything from my computer resources !! :-(
I will be patient for the fixes, but . . . do you think it will work on the BitTorrent client in the future!?!?! :hmm:

deadissue
2006-05-24, 05:02 PM
Azureus is not an option for me, it takes everything from my computer resources !! :-(
I will be patient for the fixes, but . . . do you think it will work on the BitTorrent client in the future!?!?! :hmm:

I'd bet on it working fine in a few days. Lynne is working on the outstanding bugs right now. Based on her last few comments in this thread, the list is getting smaller by the hour.

As for CPU drain, have you tried UTorrent? Same issue?

joeschmeaux
2006-05-24, 05:05 PM
BitTorrent just crashed! Now I'm getting things working on Azureus, but when it checked my Grateful Dead 12-6-89 file it found only 28.8% of the 50% that I'd previously downloaded. I guess it's all good, but this is the file from hell and I thought I'd finally gotten a good speed then...fzzt! Now there are no peers whatsoever. Hopefully people will be good about re-seeding things they've already completed.

sticksrock
2006-05-24, 05:05 PM
This seems to be the same problem I had over at another site that uses passkeys. Utorrent and azerius will allow this but no other clients will.
That means if you have a non intel Mac you (and me) will not be able to use this site as these softwares are not available for mac.
I really hope this is not the case - I love this site!!!!!!!!! :( :)

PlaynNDBnd
2006-05-24, 05:06 PM
In response to U2Lynne's asking if someone with Bit Tornado would try it with something else, I tried it with ABC since I also have that client installed. Got the same info hash rejection as before.

eeyore5251976
2006-05-24, 05:08 PM
I deleted the old torrents and downloaded the link off the page i keep getting the following error message
"moe2006-03-18DayDVD9" : Aborting the torrent as it was rejected by the tracker while not connected to any peers. Message from the tracker: Invalid passkey (0 - )

joeschmeaux
2006-05-24, 05:09 PM
This seems to be the same problem I had over at another site that uses passkeys. Utorrent and azerius will allow this but no other clients will.
That means if you have a non intel Mac you (and me) will not be able to use this site as these softwares are not available for mac.

I'm using Azureus 2.4.0.2 on my Mac Mini G4. I think there's a link earlier in this thread.

sb76854
2006-05-24, 05:10 PM
I don't know how to post a pic of the tracker

but the new error reads

"Torrent not registered on this tracker"

Good luck and thanks

JPrine&AmosLee

Beatles GetBack

goldenboy
2006-05-24, 05:10 PM

Is this really where us mac users are now?
:(

harjen
2006-05-24, 05:11 PM
all these problems and all before posted messages brings to me following remark : why change a good thing?

bittorrent still doesn't work..............

AAR.oner
2006-05-24, 05:12 PM
not positive about utorrent, but you can use Azureus on PowerPC Macs just fine :hmm:

goldenboy
2006-05-24, 05:12 PM
I'm using Azureus 2.4.0.2 on my Mac Mini G4. I think there's a link earlier in this thread.

sorry, this thread is moving fast. I'll try Azureus. But is Bittorrent out of the question for mac from now on?

eeyore5251976
2006-05-24, 05:15 PM
what about bit torrent for non-mac's still getting error message.
"moe2006-03-18DayDVD9" : Aborting the torrent as it was rejected by the tracker while not connected to any peers. Message from the tracker: Invalid passkey (0 - )

obcd
2006-05-24, 05:16 PM
sorry, this thread is moving fast. I'll try Azureus. But is Bittorrent out of the question for mac from now on?

for the moment seems it is unusable, but not only for mac, for linux and windows too ...

sticksrock
2006-05-24, 05:19 PM
what about bit torrent for non-mac's still getting error message.

Bittorrent wont work with this settup(passkey) mac or pc.
Thats a big problem because BT is THE torrent program for mac.

sticksrock
2006-05-24, 05:29 PM
just found a mac link to azereus
http://azureus.sourceforge.net/download.php

Trader Dave
2006-05-24, 05:43 PM
This looks like a fun thread for Lynne. :wtf:

obcd
2006-05-24, 05:44 PM
the problem is not everyone's okay to switch to azureus.
(and not everyone is running their clients on graphical modes ...)
i personnaly think it's a really bad software, killing resources.
orginal bt client in command line is the best :)

tkozal
2006-05-24, 05:49 PM
FYI I am getting Passkey errors with BitTornado0.3.9, but then I do connect and begin to work.

Rejected by Tracker: Invalid passkey (0-)

ohh, same message, both old and new torrent files.

deadissue
2006-05-24, 05:57 PM
I'd assume that the integration of this technology would be on the radar for mac/btclient programmers - - - I know it's frustrating for some, but progress is nature of all technology, whether it's computers or a car's engine. If problems persist, it's not the fault of the TD staff. Whatever applications, programs, hardware we CHOOSE to use, unfortunately, we're at the mercy of those products and whether or not their PAID employees have done the work necessary to make everything on the net compatible.

This is part of the evolution, and TD is right to utilize what's available. Say the TD staff DIDN'T upgrade, then a couple years pass by...sure, temporary issues of compatibility wouldn't be a problem, but sooner or later there'd be another tracker using updated technology that allowed us users to do A,B and C...while this site wouldn't.

It's better for everyone that TD stays up to date. You watch - the users here will figure out how to make it work, and in instances where someone is screwed, whatever issue you're having, you can be sure there are 1000+ out there with the same problem, and software engineers will figure out what's what.

The worst thing TD could do would be to become archaic over time for the sake of us users.

Just be patient and allow Lynne to work on the identified bugs, and when you come across a problem that TD can't help you with, start posting to message boards and emailing the product you're using, with a phrase like - "I love using your product, but if this can't be addressed, I'll unfortunately be forced to take my business elsewhere."

Freeware aside, if Mac users voice their concern, there will be a software update that addresses the problem.

dire-wolf
2006-05-24, 05:57 PM
I'm using BitTornando 0.3.9 and I get this error message:

rejected by tracker: torrent not registered with this tracker.

getting this with every torrent I've tried.

kILLURIDOL
2006-05-24, 05:58 PM
I use the ABC torrent software...Ive been trying to download Ozzy 78-82 and Aerosmith 77 the past few days...I was up to about 70% done today....I stopped the files...deleted the corresponding Torrent files, actual and in my documents and settings...deleted the files in my abc list, re downloaded the torrent...and this is what I get

5/24/2006 5:52:06 PM - Rejected by tracker - : torrent not registered with this tracker

Can you please let me know what I need to do?
Not to mention there arent any seeders now on either of the 2 shows....

diggrd
2006-05-24, 06:01 PM
I am no longer getting hash errors using BitTornado .3.8 just the "Rejected by Tracker:torrent not registered with this tracker" error.
uTorrent still working fine.

wojo
2006-05-24, 06:01 PM
Same here

Rejected by tracker - : torrent not registered with this tracker

for KVHW 1-24-98, sts96-3-05, LZ early visions.

Granted there are no seeds anyway so what does it matter if i can connect.

This will all be resloved soon, so everyone just go rowst or chill, til then.

gsmyth79
2006-05-24, 06:13 PM
It looks like many of these problems are client-specific. You may want to try utorrent at utorrent.com

mrbuffaloman
2006-05-24, 06:35 PM
I have probles to re launch this torrent "Jamiroquai Phoenix Festival 1997 Long Marston, UK (PAL)"
i dont know what is wrong i think is the Passkey Tracker

tnks

mrbuffaloman
2006-05-24, 06:50 PM
this is the error message :

Aborting the torrent as it was rejected by the tracker while not connected to any peers. Message from the tracker: info_hash error: torrent not registered with this

U2Lynne
2006-05-24, 07:02 PM
Yep, that's the error I'm working on.

It appears that for some reason, a couple of the clients are not passing the info_hash onto the tracker when it is requested. I'm trying to narrow down where this is happening. I've even put the old tracker code in for certain people and it's still not working. I'll continue trying to figure this one out.

mrbuffaloman, what OS are you on and what bittorrent client?

(Just an fyi, if you happen to have Azureus or utorrent installed, those seem to work fine.)

acady
2006-05-24, 07:13 PM
I am using Bit Tornado 0.3.10 on a pc. I am also getting the error message.

ERROR: rejected by tracker - missing key

Are those of us using Bit Tornado screwed? :(

mrbuffaloman
2006-05-24, 07:14 PM
Mac OS 10.4.6
BitTorrent 4.4.1

tnks, man !

Fernandinho
2006-05-24, 07:23 PM
I'm using Bit Torrent 4.4.1
I am also getting the error message.
"Aborting the torrent as it was rejected by the tracker while not connected to any peers. Message from the tracker: missing key"

gsmyth79
2006-05-24, 07:26 PM
I'm using Bit Torrent 4.4.1
I am also getting the error message.
"Aborting the torrent as it was rejected by the tracker while not connected to any peers. Message from the tracker: missing key"
This problem is being worken on. In the mean time you can try a different client such as utorrent (utorrent.com).

nodin
2006-05-24, 07:31 PM

Try Utorrent or Bit comet (althogh if you use dimedozin Bit comet has been banned) both are written in C+ code and use very little resource. ABC is another decent one but utorrent kicks ass full featured, streamlined low resource.

kILLURIDOL
2006-05-24, 07:33 PM
Ive downloaded Utorrent, seems to be working alright, although my completion percentage has dramatically decreased for some reason....Utorrent seems to work better than ABC anyways...

Still need a seed for the Aerosmith show...:)

hgrunwell
2006-05-24, 07:35 PM
Azureus and Utorrent seem to work okay with this passkey. I recently switched from azurues to utorrent and have been pretty happy as it has alot less overhead for what it's worth.

MelodyHauntsMyReverie
2006-05-24, 07:45 PM
I had the same problem with that torrent file. I tried it with the latest version of Azureus and uTorrent 1.2. Neither of them will load the torrent for me.

mrbuffaloman
2006-05-24, 07:46 PM
The problem is that im a MAC user any of this clients are for MAC i thik

nodin
2006-05-24, 07:47 PM
I've been DL the Roy Buchanon dvd for a while now. Since this new paskey deal began I noticed my torrent was still downloading in Utorrent but on Traders den /Buchanon thread I was not showing up. Utorrent said there were sixty peers but only five were showing on the Buchanon peers list.

My torrent file was showing a red arrow (again using Utorrent) I updated it by right clicking my torrent file>select "update tracker" and now I'm showing up on the Buchanon peers list and my dl arrow is blue again.

An example of how easy Utorrent is (never had to delete and restart the file, just one-click and update)

So to simplify if your downloading a show and not showing up in the peers list and your using Utorrent...
right click on your torrent file>select "update tracker" that's it

Hope that helps.

gsmyth79
2006-05-24, 07:57 PM
The problem is that im a MAC user any of this clients are for MAC i thik
Azureus man. Google it.

QuinnTheEZkaMo
2006-05-24, 08:04 PM
I am using Bit Tornado 0.3.10 on a pc. I am also getting the error message.

ERROR: rejected by tracker - missing key

Are those of us using Bit Tornado screwed? :(

I am using 0.3.13, and I get the same message.

I'm guessing BitTorado is one of those clients that have a bit of trouble, now.

PlaynNDBnd
2006-05-24, 08:38 PM
First, thanks for all the hard work to make this a better site. I know that in time everything will be cool. I'm very active in at least two other sites that use the passkey method and Bit Torrent and Bit Tornado have worked without a hitch. I'm sure we'll figure it out here too.

Peace, and thanks again.

gsmyth79
2006-05-24, 08:50 PM
I am using 0.3.13, and I get the same message.

I'm guessing BitTorado is one of those clients that have a bit of trouble, now.
I'm really not sure why changing clients is so difficult...because it's not.

Chachi420
2006-05-24, 08:54 PM
I'm really not sure why changing clients is so difficult...because it's not.
it is human nature to resist change...
I resisted changing clients ~1 year ago. I was using bittornado for years but changed to azureus reluctantly. I was very stubborn. Now I love azureus and don't look back to bittorado, which sucks in comparison to azureus, and I will subbornly never change even if something better comes along :lol

ricochet
2006-05-24, 09:02 PM
I use g3 torrent and it works fine in dimeadozen and all other sites.
I can not download nothing more from here :(
An example :
[Get Back.torrent] - rejected by tracker [http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/tracker/announce.php?passkey=a9826518fe98d1672147aca3ba7d1329] - missing key

ricochet
2006-05-24, 09:11 PM
An example of how easy Utorrent is (never had to delete and restart the file, just one-click and update)

Hope that helps.

I don't think that a quick resume is a quality. Maybe the client doesn't test the files. Many times i am downloading something and a lot of peers have corrupted files.
Probabily are peers with fast clients like this.

gsmyth79
2006-05-24, 09:17 PM
I don't think that a quick resume is a quality. Maybe the client doesn't test the files. Many times i am downloading something and a lot of peers have corrupted files.
Probabily are peers with fast clients like this.
Azureus and utorrent are the clients that are working well right now with the new tracker. Fixes are being worked on for other clients but if you don't want to wait this change is recommended, at least temporarily.

candleman
2006-05-24, 09:19 PM
i hate azuerus and utorrent,and will not be using them.

i use bittornado exclusively.

does this mean thetradersden is now dead to me?????

this totally sucks ass

gsmyth79
2006-05-24, 09:27 PM

this totally sucks ass
No it will be fixed eventually (since these clients can be used fine with other passkey sites like Dime), but that's pretty darn stubborn man.

candleman
2006-05-24, 09:35 PM
i have tried both of those clients,i am not being stubborn,they do not work as well for me.hopefully you will fix the bugs.
my problem is that i cannot seem to get either of those clients to not be firewalled,nor do i feel i should have to.
i am not a computer genius and it took me forever to finally figure out bittornados firewall settings with my router.if i switch then i am again firewalled,and i am not willing to do that.

i guess i will just go on hiatus until you guys figure it out :(

deadissue
2006-05-24, 09:41 PM

this totally sucks ass

Car shits the bed and you've gotta get to work...do you get another car or just stay home? Seems to me the job would would be the most important factor, not what car you drive to get there.

Considering that all the torrents on this tracker are FREE to download...perhaps gratitude and flexibility would be more appropriate than hostility.

LastStarfighter
2006-05-24, 09:42 PM
I still have peers downloading the old torrent from me, should I boot them :hmm:
and chech the post to see if it needs to be seeded?

deadissue
2006-05-24, 09:43 PM
i have tried both of those clients,i am not being stubborn,they do not work as well for me.hopefully you will fix the bugs.
my problem is that i cannot seem to get either of those clients to not be firewalled,nor do i feel i should have to.
i am not a computer genius and it took me forever to finally figure out bittornados firewall settings with my router.if i switch then i am again firewalled,and i am not willing to do that.

i guess i will just go on hiatus until you guys figure it out :(

What version of Windows are you using?

gsmyth79
2006-05-24, 09:50 PM
I still have peers downloading the old torrent from me, should I boot them :hmm:
and chech the post to see if it needs to be seeded?
Yes stop all your current activity, redownload all the torrent files you were on and open them back up. The sooner everyone does this the sooner things will get back to normal.

LastStarfighter
2006-05-24, 09:53 PM
done

sb76854
2006-05-24, 09:57 PM
Car shits the bed and you've gotta get to work...do you get another car or just stay home?

I stay home :wave: :lol

I had issues with Azureus.

I'll be patient though :hmm:

kinggeorge
2006-05-24, 10:02 PM
Just to say that ABC_OKC is working fine with the new passkey.

candleman
2006-05-24, 10:07 PM
What version of Windows are you using?

i am using xp home edition 2002 sp2

i may grab azuerus to finish the two partial torrents i have.
i am not worried about the firewall settings because i will not be keeping the client

they will fix the bugs and all will be good........eventually

davidsss
2006-05-24, 10:20 PM
Patience folks. I'm sure there are a lot of people who are just finding out about this now and will be back. I was uploading but I figure my partner has turned off the computer at home as I'm no longer uploading on Dime either. Now I'm at work but when I get home I'll get back to seeding. I'll be seeding only and not leeching for the next couple of weeks as this month's bandwidth has already run out until the 5th of next month. I figure there are others like me who will find out about the changes and then start reseeding when they get the chance.

And, thanks to the folks who keep this place afloat, it's brilliant. I would also recommend uTorrent - it's so easy to use and works really well for me.

DS

BoNeZ
2006-05-24, 10:23 PM
i am using xp home edition 2002 sp2

i may grab azuerus to finish the two partial torrents i have.
i am not worried about the firewall settings because i will not be keeping the client

they will fix the bugs and all will be good........eventually
Um, have you tried portforward.com? Disabling the Windows firewall?

Forwarding and enabling ports is not hard and not that much trouble to do. I don't get it people. Just a little effort and EVERYONE benefits from you not being firewalled. :-/

it is human nature to resist change...
I resisted changing clients ~1 year ago. I was using bittornado for years but changed to azureus reluctantly. I was very stubborn. Now I love azureus and don't look back to bittorado, which sucks in comparison to azureus, and I will subbornly never change even if something better comes along :lol
My history goes the other way around. First used Azureus but changed it to BitTornado because Azureus was a resource hog. Now I am torrent-happy with uTorrent. Pretty much like Azureus but uses less memory. ;)

candleman
2006-05-24, 10:34 PM
with bittornado i am not firewalled.
i just grabbed azeurus to finish my partials,then i will just wait until the bugs are fixed,which i am confident they will be.

and yes i have tried portforward.com

rovalle
2006-05-24, 10:36 PM
excuse me if this has been asked already and i missed it...i use azureus and have had no problems...i'm currently waiting on the roy buchanan dvd to finish and i was seeding the two disc dvd set of get back and winter...i had already reseeded about a 1.2 return ratio when i reloaded the get back discs so i could continue seeding and after it checked and reappeared it showed my reseeding as non-existent...does this go against my share ratio? thanks for any info

BoNeZ
2006-05-24, 10:38 PM
Damn! Re-downloading all these torrent files is a pain in the ass! :yawn:

Just happy I can help somehow.... :lmao:

AAR.oner
2006-05-24, 10:38 PM
i just want to thank lynne for enduring the insanity that is "code", & gsmyth for his tireless effort to be the "broken record" for you today ...cheers! :clap: :lol

and whats the deal with all the Mac heads freaking out about not using the BitTorrent client?! there are numerous others you can use [be it powerpc or intel, 10.4 or 10.3 or etc]

personally, i had no problem running Azureus on my old mac, which was a crappy 733MHz powerpc w/ only 1GB of RAM...no issues with draining system resources, blah blah...still works fine with the new intel processors too...but if you don't want Azureus, there's also Tomato Torrent, Transmission, etc...its all at versiontracker

mrbuffaloman
2006-05-24, 10:42 PM
Azureus man. Google it.

hahahah ! ready it's working now !
tnks

gsmyth79
2006-05-24, 10:46 PM
excuse me if this has been asked already and i missed it...i use azureus and have had no problems...i'm currently waiting on the roy buchanan dvd to finish and i was seeding the two disc dvd set of get back and winter...i had already reseeded about a 1.2 return ratio when i reloaded the get back discs so i could continue seeding and after it checked and reappeared it showed my reseeding as non-existent...does this go against my share ratio? thanks for any info
Your ratio will actually be more accurate now and you won't lose credit for anything previous.

As far as the nonexistant seeding thing you just need to keep your window open and you'll show up eventually. The tracker only changes that info every so often and not immediately.

BoNeZ
2006-05-24, 10:47 PM
Eh, crap. Just tried to open a window for the Jimi Hendrix - Royal Albert Hall DVD and got an error:
Failure: Invalid info_hash (19 - %12%D1%10%BB%86%09%B2%28%D3%9A%0A%E9%3Fm%ABe%C8zW)

I deleted the old one off of uTorrent. Also deleted the torrent file itself. Re-downloaded torrent file on the thread for the DVD. Opened up the torrent file again with uTorrent and pointed it to resume off the folder that had the completed download. What now? It's uploading but it has a red arrow instead of the green one. :hmm:

gsmyth79
2006-05-24, 10:50 PM
i just want to thank lynne for enduring the insanity that is "code", & gsmyth for his tireless effort to be the "broken record" for you today ...cheers! :clap: :lol
Yeah I only flipped out once on some dude in the RHCP DVD thread. He was clueless.

Anyway I'm done for tonight. Peace out.

U2Lynne
2006-05-24, 10:52 PM
Hey guys, I put links to uTorrent and Azureus on the top of all the forums. I hope that helps those of you that decide to switch torrents.

And, I'm sorry this is so frustrating to y'all, believe me, it's frustrating to me also, but the stress is better than jogging for weight loss. :) I have been working on this all day which is why sometimes the errors are changing on your guys. Those errors help me figure out where the code is dumping people. We *will* get this fixed!

And thanks to Graham and Aaron and all the other wonderful Staff, as well as some of you users who are all trying to help out here. You guys are awesome and this site couldn't be run without all of you!

AAR.oner
2006-05-24, 10:56 PM
Yeah I only flipped out once on some dude in the RHCP DVD thread. He was clueless.

Anyway I'm done for tonight. Peace out.
werd, me too...time for a nice drink and a rockin chair

oh and everyone:

IT'S JUST A MUSIC TRADING SITE...YOUR LIFE IS NOT ENDING IF YOU DON'T GET THAT SHOW UNTIL TOMORROW

:lol :wave:

LastStarfighter
2006-05-24, 11:00 PM
for some reason I'm not showing on tracker for the Metallica "1985.08.17 - Donington, England" torrent, :hmm:

BoNeZ
2006-05-24, 11:03 PM
IT'S JUST A MUSIC TRADING SITE...YOUR LIFE IS NOT ENDING IF YOU DON'T GET THAT SHOW UNTIL TOMORROW

:lol :wave:
But Fat Joe and Johnny Tightlips want this by tonight! I don't wanna be sleepin' wit da fishes.

:disbelief

Chachi420
2006-05-24, 11:12 PM
I'm just happy I'm still uploading, since I'm out of town right now I can't restart my home laptop if that were to be a problem with this switch over (I don't have anything to upload on my business laptop at the moment)

diggrd
2006-05-24, 11:13 PM
Just an FYI my Tracker Status in uTorrent is now reporting
Failure: Invalid peer_id (19 - -UT1500-%B5%81%C6%88%88%F0%93rH%CD%DD)

LeonJackson
2006-05-24, 11:15 PM
Hey: I wanted to thank Lynne and all the TTD staff for making this happen. I know it'll take a while for all the kinks to get straightened out, so I'm a gonna try and be patient, and I'm sure it will improve the quality of the site in the long run. I do use Azureus, and I just tried to start d/ling a torrent (GD 3.31.85) as a test, and it tells me that I am firewalled, even though I haven't changed a single setting on my hardware or software, and I am never usually indicated as being firewalled. Any suggestions? Other than that, everything's cool.

onemysticlove
2006-05-24, 11:27 PM
Kudos to Lynne and the rest of the staff! Undergoing such a dramatic change isn't easy for any kind of staff. As members, we are lucky to have staff blessed with the foresight to make a change for the better. My most recent error in my 4.4.1 BitTorrent for Mac client reads as follows:

Critical: Aborting the torrent as it was rejected by the tracker while not connected to any peers. Message from the tracker: info_hash error : torrent not registered with this tracker

I'm working on the Project Midnight Sunrise torrent: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19876

Before everything went down today, I had downloaded 15 Gigs out of the 25.6. This evening, I used Azureus, but two thjngs occurred I was not happy with: 1) Azureus only reported me as having downloaded 9 Gigs, and 2) I was reported as firewalled and unbelievably slow, when, on average, I hit 200 Kbs. I have downloaded numerous new torrents, and even for BitTorrent, it says I have only downloaded 13 Gigs instead of my 15. I just thought I'd post my most recent development. I'm being patient, because deep down inside, I know that this change will ensure my receiving the Project Midnight Sunrise, a torrent I want so bad, that I haven't downloaded any thing but the Project for close to a week now.

Thankyou Staff for being great and working on this problem so acutely,
Okemo

U2Lynne
2006-05-24, 11:29 PM
Just an FYI my Tracker Status in uTorrent is now reporting
Failure: Invalid peer_id (19 - -UT1500-%B5%81%C6%88%88%F0%93rH%CD%DD)
And that just suddenly showed up on a torrent? (that error shows that your peer_id length is 19, instead of the 20 it expects, so thanks for posting the full error).

Chachi420
2006-05-24, 11:34 PM
:thumbsup I'm just happy I'm still uploading, since I'm out of town right now I can't restart my home laptop if that were to be a problem with this switch over (I don't have anything to upload on my business laptop at the moment)
drat...I think I spoke to soon...my ul is not increasing so maybe my home laptop stopped ul for some reason...oh well, you peeps on phil & friends 8/14/99 can handle it on your own by now I hope...

U2Lynne
2006-05-24, 11:36 PM
Kudos to Lynne and the rest of the staff! Undergoing such a dramatic change isn't easy for any kind of staff. As members, we are lucky to have staff blessed with the foresight to make a change for the better. My most recent error in my 4.4.1 BitTorrent for Mac client reads as follows:

Critical: Aborting the torrent as it was rejected by the tracker while not connected to any peers. Message from the tracker: info_hash error : torrent not registered with this tracker

I'm working on the Project Midnight Sunrise torrent: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19876

Before everything went down today, I had downloaded 15 Gigs out of the 25.6. This evening, I used Azureus, but two thjngs occurred I was not happy with: 1) Azureus only reported me as having downloaded 9 Gigs, and 2) I was reported as firewalled and unbelievably slow, when, on average, I hit 200 Kbs. I have downloaded numerous new torrents, and even for BitTorrent, it says I have only downloaded 13 Gigs instead of my 15. I just thought I'd post my most recent development. I'm being patient, because deep down inside, I know that this change will ensure my receiving the Project Midnight Sunrise, a torrent I want so bad, that I haven't downloaded any thing but the Project for close to a week now.

Thankyou Staff for being great and working on this problem so acutely,
Okemo
Okemo,

We will be happy to credit you will your missed stats, just write to the Contact Us link on the bottom of the page (but, don't expect a real quick answer since it is usually me who answers and I'm busy with this tracker right now). :) You will have slower downloading right now because there aren't as many peers (not everyone has realized they need to switch over to the personalized torrent yet).

BoNeZ
2006-05-24, 11:37 PM
And that just suddenly showed up on a torrent? (that error shows that your peer_id length is 19, instead of the 20 it expects, so thanks for posting the full error).
I have that error on three torrents so far.
Rolling Stones - Ladies and Gentlemen DVD
Jimi Hendrix - Royal Albert Hall DVD
Jimi Hendrix - Video Experience DVD

I'm going through all my TTD torrent to look for errors. So far these three bad, same error as above, and eight good.

mrbuffaloman
2006-05-24, 11:45 PM
Hey guys, I put links to uTorrent and Azureus on the top of all the forums. I hope that helps those of you that decide to switch torrents.

And, I'm sorry this is so frustrating to y'all, believe me, it's frustrating to me also, but the stress is better than jogging for weight loss. :) I have been working on this all day which is why sometimes the errors are changing on your guys. Those errors help me figure out where the code is dumping people. We *will* get this fixed!

And thanks to Graham and Aaron and all the other wonderful Staff, as well as some of you users who are all trying to help out here. You guys are awesome and this site couldn't be run without all of you!

GREAT TEAM, TNKS FOR YOUR EFFORT :clap:

mpowell29
2006-05-24, 11:56 PM
I have tried everything and I cannot download.....I never had this problem before......I keep getting errors....what is going on!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike P.

diggrd
2006-05-25, 12:00 AM
I have tried everything and I cannot download.....I never had this problem before......I keep getting errors....what is going on!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike P.A few clues on what errors you are getting and we might be able to help.

Also uTorrent error is now gone. thanks

BoNeZ
2006-05-25, 12:41 AM
Quick question. It could have something to do with these updates:

I had a window open on the Ramones Live thru the Years DVD. The thread said one seeder/zero leechers yet I was uploading to 4 leechers on uTorrent. :hmm: Care to clarify? Is this normal for now or some sort of "cheaters" sharing torrent files that they don't show up in the threads as registered users?

Not really a biggie, just curious. :wave:

LastStarfighter
2006-05-25, 02:08 AM
for some reason I'm not showing on tracker for the Metallica "1985.08.17 - Donington, England" torrent, :hmm:
I stopped and re-started and I'm on the tracker now.
strange stuff, the number of seeds/peers are different than my client(bitcomet)

I'll wait a week before I start bitching ;)

therubberbishop
2006-05-25, 02:08 AM
So I'm probably being very dumb here. I have redownloaded the torrents and stuck the partial downloads in the same location. ABC runs a check when I restart them and gives me the same percentage of completion as before, all good thusfar. However, when I try to connect to continue uploading/downloading I get an error message- info_hash error. Clearly this means nothing to me else I wouldn't be here. what do I need to do to get things running smoothly again?

joemc
2006-05-25, 04:18 AM
hi all, i have been using bit tornado for ages and ages and i get the following error like most peeps, info hash - torrent not registered with tracker....but i think we should all take the advice of the staff and let them get on with the tech stuff, i got utorrent and the same file is happily dloading now. Any change has its glitchs but ultimately WE will be better off, i for one hope the stats will update as they never did with bit tornado and as an active member of the community i want other people to see i support it.

good luck to the staff and don't get to stressed, it will work out.

joemc

nosfell
2006-05-25, 04:37 AM
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/4954/winter4qn.jpg

I don't know if this will help. I'm on BitTornado version T-0.3.12

PyRo UK
2006-05-25, 04:43 AM
I just found the old unpersonalised version of "Jimmy Page & Black Crowes dvd" running in Azureus. Its still downloading, which confuses me :hmm:
Is it simply becuase the seeders haven't read this thread yet?

*Update* I just looked back and I have the "invalid passkey" error, but the thing's still downloading!

chrislp
2006-05-25, 05:02 AM
Hey. I'm using a Mac 10.4.6 (ppc) with BitTorrent 4.4.1 to dl The Beatles Get Back, and when I first redownloaded the torrent file and tried it I got the "Aborting Torrent" error. So then I completely uninstalled BitTorrent - to do this, you must delete:

the BitTorrent app
the folder at: username/Library/Application Support/BitTorrent
the file at: username/Library/Preferences/com.BitTorrent.BitTorrent.plist

After reinstalling BitTorrent, the torrent is now downloading again at normal speeds, but I'm getting this error every few minutes: "rejected by tracker - info_hash error: torrent not registered...". Since I only have 10 min. left I'm letting it finish, but I assume this error means my ratio/GBs won't change which isn't good, so I'll need to switch to Azureus for now, right?

UPDATE: now getting "piece 702 failed hash check" (the last piece in the torrent), and restarting the download doesn't help (it probably would help if things were working normally), so there's definitely a problem there > time for Azureus...

-Chris

tkozal
2006-05-25, 05:39 AM
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/4954/winter4qn.jpg

I don't know if this will help. I'm on BitTornado version T-0.3.12

Same error this AM on a new torrent. Bittornado 0.3.9

mattman
2006-05-25, 06:09 AM
Hi Lynne,

The passkey does not seem to be working with Shadow's Experimental Bit Torrent Client which I use on dimeadozen.org.

I have just downloaded the azureus client and will try that now.

MM

mattman
2006-05-25, 06:29 AM
Hi Lynne,

The passkey does not seem to be working with Shadow's Experimental Bit Torrent Client which I use on dimeadozen.org.

I have just downloaded the azureus client and will try that now.

MM

The passkey does seem to work just fine with Azureus client. I downloaded ths software and configured it, and I am running just fine.

Thanks.

If someone can tell me how to get the passkey to work with Shadow's I would appreciate it, but if not, no biggie.

Cheers, MM

chankos
2006-05-25, 06:41 AM
I use Bittorrent 4.2.2. Like many of the others here, i cannot download any new torrents without getting an error message.

However, in the course of reading through these posts, someone (can't remember who, sorry) stated that Dimeadozen.org already uses this passkey function. And i've never had any problems with Dime (d/loading through them now as we speak).

So i guess what i'm saying here is this: I'm assuming that The Traders Den will not end up being a torrent site where you can't use Bittorrent- it's just changed to this new system and it needs to get these problems fixed so that, in a short while, people who are using Bittorrent can still d/load and u/load as before.

Is that right?

JRiordan
2006-05-25, 06:49 AM
I use ABC 3.1 and get the following error when trying to seed torrents:

Rejected by tracker: info_hash error : torrent not registered with this tracker

I previously downloaded Smashing Pumpkins 4/7/1996 and PHish 1/3/2003 DVD's, and am trying to keep seeding them, so I deleted the old .torrent files, downloaded the new ones, then reloaded them into ABC, but I got that error numerous times.

Perhaps I should get uTorrent up and running in the meantime... or any other suggestions? thanks

gsmyth79
2006-05-25, 07:26 AM
People please take the time to read the entire thread. Many of the same questions and errors (and their solutions) keep getting posted. Here's the situation:

1. If you didn't download the new torrent file you may still be uploading and downloading. The problem is you aren't on the new tracker (like all of the other people you are connected to). That's why the seeder/leecher stats in your client don't match those on the Audio or Video BT page, which shows the stats for the new tracker.

2. If you are using many clients, such as the original BT client, BitComet, BitTornado, Shadow's client, ABC and some others, you may be getting error messages and cannot connect to anyone or upload/download. For the moment these clients are not working with our new system but eventually they will.

3. There are two clients that DEFNITELY work right now: Azureus and uTorent. There are links to download these clients at the top of every forum page. Azureus gets a bad rap for some reson but it really is a very nice client.

4. Mac users: Azureus is not usually a resource hog (as it has been rumored to be on PCs). I personally use that client and have had zero problems with it, just make sure your Java is updated. Please give that a shot or try Tomato Torrent:
http://sarwat.net/bittorrent/
There are other clients besides the original client and Azureus and Tomato torrent, feel free to try any of these others, such as Trasmission (this link is a search for "Bit torrent" at versiontracker.com):
http://www.versiontracker.com/php/search.php?PHPSESSID=8bf91dfdada53f68bc02dbe55c1478bc&mode=basic&action=search&str=bit+torrent&plt%5B%5D=macosx&x=16&y=7

5. If you are using Azureus or uTorrent and are not immeditaely showing up on the tracker page (or are getting random errors) please simply be patient. Many of these errors go away if you let the client be for a little bit!

6. Many torrents are not going to be well seeded at the moment since everyone who was using this site before yesterday needs to come back here, redownload their torrent files, and restart their torrents. This will not happen immediately. Please be patent!

7. Lastly, please do not freak out. The site just underwent a major change. As expected there are some growing pains associated with this. thetradersden will continue to be a great torrent site for the forseeable future so please just be patient. Everything will be back to normal soon.

chankos
2006-05-25, 07:30 AM
Thanks!

gsmyth79
2006-05-25, 07:34 AM
The passkey does seem to work just fine with Azureus client. I downloaded ths software and configured it, and I am running just fine.

Thanks.

If someone can tell me how to get the passkey to work with Shadow's I would appreciate it, but if not, no biggie.

Cheers, MM
Matt- we (and by we I mean Lynne) will eventually get it figured out so that all clients will work with the new tracker. It just needs a little time. In the meantime enjoy Azureus, you may never go back to your old one...

retired
2006-05-25, 08:38 AM
People please take the time to read the entire thread. Many of the same questions and errors (and their solutions) keep getting posted. Here's the situation:

:roflol:
you think people who cant read the message at the top of every forum page are gonna take time to read this whole thread :horse:
...your faith in humanity amazes me my friend :afro:

Sats
2006-05-25, 08:56 AM
I have a problem. I was downloading some dvd with bitlord. And when i redownload new torrent file, bitlord doesn't work. It says something like this...
Error tracker response: info_hash error: torrent not registered with this tracker
when i tried to download it with another tracker it strarted from the begining. I had 85percent :disbelief ...Is there any way to donwload missing part or have i download it whole again?

gibby299
2006-05-25, 09:02 AM
i'm happy with the azureus as it gave back functionality i used to have in an older version of bittorando. that was to be able to control which files within a torrent i download. good for sampling and not waste time downloading complete if not really interested or quality not as expected etc.

i'll learn all the various features of azureus as it has much more then other bt clients.

in the end a client only gets us the stuff we want, so no problem switching clients

gibby299
2006-05-25, 09:05 AM
I have a problem. I was downloading some dvd with bitlord. And when i redownload new torrent file, bitlord doesn't work. It says something like this...
Error tracker response: info_hash error: torrent not registered with this tracker
when i tried to download it with another tracker it strarted from the begining. I had 85percent :disbelief ...Is there any way to donwload missing part or have i download it whole again?

i would check the destination? the clients should see the exist download and pick up from where it was left

not_for_prophet
2006-05-25, 09:23 AM
Firstly, I'd like to plead ignorance on all areas torrent realted, so mainly Im just asking to clarify an error message. I switched to Azureus, re d/l'ed the torrent files, and now I dont get hash or passkey errors, only constant timeout errors. Ill connect for a few seconds, then end up with a timeout error. I was wondering is this is something I need to fix, or if a timeout can occur just because there arent enough seeds switched over to the new system to establish a transfer. Can you get a timeout error from inactivity even if you have a clear connection with the tracker? Is anyone else getting lots of timeout errors?

(This is my first time using this client, Im generally on BitTornado.)

Edit: So apparently Im still timed out, but im now getting a 16k/s transfer rate.

Sats
2006-05-25, 09:29 AM

I solved it :wave: ....i had to delete the ends of files(.bt)....

gsmyth79
2006-05-25, 09:53 AM
Firstly, I'd like to plead ignorance on all areas torrent realted, so mainly Im just asking to clarify an error message. I switched to Azureus, re d/l'ed the torrent files, and now I dont get hash or passkey errors, only constant timeout errors. Ill connect for a few seconds, then end up with a timeout error. I was wondering is this is something I need to fix, or if a timeout can occur just because there arent enough seeds switched over to the new system to establish a transfer. Can you get a timeout error from inactivity even if you have a clear connection with the tracker? Is anyone else getting lots of timeout errors?

(This is my first time using this client, Im generally on BitTornado.)

Edit: So apparently Im still timed out, but im now getting a 16k/s transfer rate.
Timeout errors are nothing to worry about. Just let it be. You should see yourself on the peers info tab on the torrents you are on as well.

mattman
2006-05-25, 10:00 AM
Matt- we (and by we I mean Lynne) will eventually get it figured out so that all clients will work with the new tracker. It just needs a little time. In the meantime enjoy Azureus, you may never go back to your old one...

Thanks!

I think I _am_ starting to like Azureus better than my previous client, so I really appreciate you recommending it! Azureus will actually give me more control over my seeding and downloading, and I particularly like the global speed settings.

It was very easy to install, and I really liked the configuration wizard since it helped me make sure I had the correct port open to avoid any firewall issues.

I have one question now however. I have connected to gd1986-03-24.dvdf as the only seeder and Azureus is showing that I am connected to six downloaders. However, I do not see those downloaders on TTD peers list. Is this something that I need to correct on my end?

gsmyth79
2006-05-25, 10:12 AM
I have one question now however. I have connected to gd1986-03-24.dvdf as the only seeder and Azureus is showing that I am connected to six downloaders. However, I do not see those downloaders on TTD peers list. Is this something that I need to correct on my end?
Nope you're all good, it's the seeders who need to redownload the torrent file and start up again.

U2Lynne
2006-05-25, 11:33 AM
Until everyone moves over to the new passkey system, the stats are going to be buggy in your clients. The reason it is still seeding is because of DHT which we have no disabled (gotta just get the tracker running first!).

OK, the good new.... I currently have this working on BitTorrent on my Mac. I'd love to get some feedback from others on BitTorrent, especially those on a PC.

(Side comment: I don't know why people like to still use BitTorrent. I guess I'm so used to Azureus which shows me the seeds/leechers in the window pane and allows me to easily see which shows need seeds. You Mac users might want to look into Azureus. I'm running OS 10.4 on a 800 MHz G4 with just 768 MB RAM and it runs just fine.)

toolmanwill
2006-05-25, 11:36 AM
I just found the old unpersonalised version of "Jimmy Page & Black Crowes dvd" running in Azureus. Its still downloading, which confuses me :hmm:
Is it simply becuase the seeders haven't read this thread yet?

*Update* I just looked back and I have the "invalid passkey" error, but the thing's still downloading!

This is because of DHT! :down:
You must turn off DHT in your clients. What you are really doing when you see it showing peers and uploading/downloading but no stats here is becoming a tracker yourself for a public DHT network. None of those stats are actually reporting to this tracker. Thats why you see nobody on it on here but people downloading from you still in client.
This just a common problem with most newer torrent clients, (bit comet, azureus,utorrent) and can easily be solved by turning of any DHT and scraping setting in your torrent clients.

EDIT: heh lynne beat me to it by 3 min while i was writing

MeFirst
2006-05-25, 11:42 AM
OK, the good new.... I currently have this working on BitTorrent on my Mac. I'd love to get some feedback from others on BitTorrent, especially those on a PC.

(Side comment: I don't know why people like to still use BitTorrent. I guess I'm so used to Azureus which shows me the seeds/leechers in the window pane and allows me to easily see which shows need seeds. You Mac users might want to look into Azureus. I'm running OS 10.4 on a 800 MHz G4 with just 768 MB RAM and it runs just fine.)
Mac users still running OS9 can't use Azureus since it's not supported. I am amazed that you got BitTorrent to run on the passkey system though. From personal experience on passkey systems, I've only found Azureus and uTorrent to work properly, and even uTorrent has problems reporting stats correctly at times. Azureus is basically the best way to go with a passkey system.

obcd
2006-05-25, 11:43 AM
Until everyone moves over to the new passkey system, the stats are going to be buggy in your clients. The reason it is still seeding is because of DHT which we have no disabled (gotta just get the tracker running first!).

Bittorrent now working again underd i386 Linux.

As to why people still use the original client ...
I'm running my torrent on a box not located at home into which i ssh, so i need to be able to use a command line option, and bittorent works like a charm for this.

mattman
2006-05-25, 12:24 PM
This is because of DHT! :down:
You must turn off DHT in your clients. What you are really doing when you see it showing peers and uploading/downloading but no stats here is becoming a tracker yourself for a public DHT network. None of those stats are actually reporting to this tracker. Thats why you see nobody on it on here but people downloading from you still in client.
This just a common problem with most newer torrent clients, (bit comet, azureus,utorrent) and can easily be solved by turning of any DHT and scraping setting in your torrent clients.

EDIT: heh lynne beat me to it by 3 min while i was writing

OK. So are you recommending that I disable scraping in Azureus? I guess that would force the downloaders to figure out how to get the passkey to work with their clients? And also, for the sharing panel, what do I want to select, because I still see peers connected to me but I do not see them on TTD peer list? Right now I have it selected as Decentralised, and "Allow decentralised tracking when tracker is unavailable" is checked.

Ultra
2006-05-25, 12:35 PM

My thoughts exactly.

sj1998
2006-05-25, 12:35 PM
OK i just tried to reconnect to Red Hot Chilli Peppers 2002-6-4 using Bit Torrent. The file checked out and got back to where it last left off at 48.9% which im glad to see because last night i tried to use utorrent and it only recognized 20 something percent. Now it has finished checking the file and it appears to be operating properly but without and seeds. The torrent file hasnt connected to anyone but it also has not sent me any error messages for the first time. If any mods want help from someone on PC using Bit Torrent im on aim and can offer my help. Thanks again to everyone whos putting their time and effort into continuing to make this my favorite site on the internet. Thanks again

Seth
SJ1998 - aim

toolmanwill
2006-05-25, 12:43 PM
And also, for the sharing panel, what do I want to select, because I still see peers connected to me but I do not see them on TTD peer list? Right now I have it selected as Decentralised, and "Allow decentralised tracking when tracker is unavailable" is checked.

Decentralised tracking is DHT, just uncheck that box.

sgp43
2006-05-25, 12:50 PM
i'm using Bit Torrent on a PC currently connected to 50 seeds and 14 peers, i'm showing a green light all seems well.....Thanks go to the TTDstaff :thumbsup

mattman
2006-05-25, 01:08 PM
Decentralised tracking is DHT, just uncheck that box.

OK, but I'm still seeing that I'm seeding to four peers, but none are showing up on TTD peer list. Should I have also checked "Private torrent - only accept peers from the tracker" ?

Five
2006-05-25, 01:09 PM

Cheers, MM
Shadow's is a really old version of Bittornado... fyi there is a certain bug with bittornado where it leaves processes running without killing them properly, even on very recent versions. I used to use that client for a long time and would notice my system getting more and more sluggish over time, eventually requiring a restart. I am using utorrent now and it works on my pc with the new passkey system and is generally great. I don't use azureus here because my beater computer I use for bt & email etc is only 350mHz (can you believe it?).

GuRu
2006-05-25, 01:16 PM
i'm using Bit Torrent on a PC currently connected to 50 seeds and 14 peers, i'm showing a green light all seems well.....Thanks go to the TTDstaff :thumbsup

BitTorrent is working for me on my PC now :clap:

mattman
2006-05-25, 01:18 PM
Shadow's is a really old version of Bittornado... fyi there is a certain bug with bittornado where it leaves processes running without killing them properly, even on very recent versions. I used to use that client for a long time and would notice my system getting more and more sluggish over time, eventually requiring a restart. I am using utorrent now and it works on my pc with the new passkey system and is generally great. I don't use azureus here because my beater computer I use for bt & email etc is only 350mHz (can you believe it?).

Yup, I'm finished with shadow and am digging Azureus.

Since I'm still seeing that I'm seeding to four peers, but none are showing up on TTD peer list, should I check "Private torrent - only accept peers from the tracker" ?

U2Lynne
2006-05-25, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the updates on BitTorrent on PC guys. I'm glad I got it up and running for you!

How about Bit Tornado recently (in the last hour or so was when I made the change here)? I don't have that client on my PC (I only have uTorrent).

DankStar
2006-05-25, 01:21 PM
Yup, I'm finished with shadow and am digging Azureus.

Since I'm still seeing that I'm seeding to four peers, but none are showing up on TTD peer list, should I check "Private torrent - only accept peers from the tracker" ?

Here is how to fully disble DHT in Azureus:
>Tools >Options >Connection >under "Peer Sources - Select the default permitted sources for peer connections" only check "From a tracker"
>Tools >Options >Plugins >Distributed DB >uncheck "Enable the distributed database"
>Tools >Options >Plugins >Distributed Tracker >uncheck "Only track normal torrents when their tracker is unavailable"
>Tools >Options >Sharing >check "Private torrent - only accept torrents from the tracker (This should automatically grey out and disable "Allow decentralized tracker when tracker is unavailable")
>Save >restart Azureus
You should see a red or grey dot and "Disabled" on the bottom of the main Azureus window.

BlakPeter
2006-05-25, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the updates on BitTorrent on PC guys. I'm glad I got it up and running for you!

How about Bit Tornado recently (in the last hour or so was when I made the change here)? I don't have that client on my PC (I only have uTorrent).

I WAS using Bit Tornado ............ now apparently toast on TD. Tried all the posted tricks and instructions (and a few besides) and no luck getting anywhere with your new system ......... was my favorite :boohoo:
Guess I'll try the latest Azureus

mattman
2006-05-25, 01:34 PM
>Tools >Options >Connection >under "Peer Sources - Select the default permitted sources for peer connections" only check "From a tracker"
>Tools >Options >Plugins >Distributed DB >uncheck "Enable the distributed database"
>Tools >Options >Plugins >Distributed Tracker >uncheck "Only track normal torrents when their tracker is unavailable"
>Tools >Options >Sharing >check "Private torrent - only accept torrents from the tracker (This should automatically grey out and disable "Allow decentralized tracker when tracker is unavailable")
>Save >restart Azureus
You should see a red or grey dot and "Disabled" on the bottom of the main Azureus window.

Thanks!

toolmanwill
2006-05-25, 01:34 PM
OK, but I'm still seeing that I'm seeding to four peers, but none are showing up on TTD peer list. Should I have also checked "Private torrent - only accept peers from the tracker" ?

Yes, also shut down torrents and client then restart them after you make these changes. This will 'shake' off those connected to you through DHT/Decentralized means.

U2Lynne
2006-05-25, 01:35 PM
But have you tried Bit Tornado in the last hour? What was the error you were getting? If I get the errors, then I know what I should be looking to solve.

perritorito
2006-05-25, 01:53 PM
GREAT JOB !!

BitTorrent 4.4.1 Mac OSX is working again !! :thumbsup

Thanks ! :clap:

mattman
2006-05-25, 01:55 PM
Yes, also shut down torrents and client then restart them after you make these changes. This will 'shake' off those connected to you through DHT/Decentralized means.

Ahh! OK. So just restarting Azureus is not the same as restarting the torrent?

mattman
2006-05-25, 02:05 PM
But have you tried Bit Tornado in the last hour? What was the error you were getting? If I get the errors, then I know what I should be looking to solve.

Hey good news! It looks like BitTorrent S-5.8.7 (SHADOW's experimental) is now working with the new passkey since I appear to be connect to the tracker, am not seeing any errors, and am showing up on TTD peer list as a seeder. However, I am connected to peers that are not showing on TTD peer list. Therefore, I assume this is a limitation with the old version of the client I am using, and that I am seeding to non-pass key downloaders?

sb76854
2006-05-25, 02:05 PM
Great Job!!!

You Guys ROCK

Bit Torrent T-0.3.7(BitTornado)

Is working normally :clap:

And I'm no longer firewalled :clap:

gsmyth79
2006-05-25, 02:08 PM
>Save >restart Azureus
Thanks for that DankStar! I never wanted to mess with all those settings for fear of really screwing it up, but this is great.

sj1998
2006-05-25, 02:15 PM
Thanks for all the help. Bit torrent is working fine now. My next question is whether or not the seeder/leecher information showing up in the torrent forums is accurate and if its not when it might be. Also could someone please hop on Red Hot Chilli Peppers 2002-6-4. Im stuck at 50% and would love to finish this up and then seed for a few days. Thanks again to everyone whos working on the site and changes.

Seth

freewheelin
2006-05-25, 02:27 PM
I've given up.
I was half way through downloading two torrents when the tracker was changed. Came home to find that I'd been "Logged For Trying To Cheat" (!!!) but followed the directions and dumped the old torrent, downloaded new ones only to be told that I "Have Exceeded (something...) " and that I "Cannot Leech From More Than One Destination", or something like that!
After several attempts, I have junked the half-completed files and torrents.
Maybe I'll try another one in a few days when it's settled down - in the meantime, I'll see if anyone will help me with a "Snail-Mail" trade...

Pure frustration...

lazy_hazy
2006-05-25, 02:30 PM
I'm getting a "connection limit exceeded" failure with Utorrent.
I'm listed 3 times on the Beatles Winter torrent.
Not sure if it is related to the passkey thing.
My computer has been crashing a few times lately.
Never had that error before though

U2Lynne
2006-05-25, 02:35 PM
Hey freewheelin,

You can give up, or you can help me out with the errors. I have been working on this since yesterday morning - nonstop. (Well, I did sleepl.) Hearing about the errors has helped me out alot. I did have someone write to siteadmin about that cheat message (was that you?) and so I've disabled that part of the code. Exact errors help me a lot so that I can search through the code and see what is up.

sj1998
2006-05-25, 02:37 PM
Looks like i spoke to soon. Just jumped on some completed torrents to help seed and got an error message trying to seed Jack Johnson Austin City Limits. It shows no seeds and no leechers for the torrent and after connecting and checking the file it gave me an error message but on the 2nd try it didnt give any error messages. Now its sitting there completed and it looks like its waiting for others to jump on so i can connect to someone and seed but it might just be stalling out. Im not really sure

BlakPeter
2006-05-25, 02:42 PM

Don't know to whom you addressed this, but I did indeed try it in the last hour (various ways) and tornado kept giving me error msg. Unfortunately I didn't record them; only recall bad tracker and/ or no such torrent. I have already switched to Azureus and removed BitTornado from the machine.
I also seem to have "lost" data as Az doesn't seem to recognize all the folders contents. (A side issue.)

U2Lynne
2006-05-25, 02:45 PM
I'm getting a "connection limit exceeded" failure with Utorrent.
I'm listed 3 times on the Beatles Winter torrent.
Not sure if it is related to the passkey thing.
My computer has been crashing a few times lately.
Never had that error before though
You've got ghosts. :)

Your ghosts will get cleared after a while and the error will go away (I've meanwhile allowed 3 leechers with your id per torrent). However, if you want your ghosts to go away right now, you can go to your member profile (click on your name in the users list) and hit the Delete Ghosts right next to where it allows you to add you to your buddy or ignore list.

Hope that helps!

antheraea
2006-05-25, 02:49 PM
Hi,

BitComet working fine since almost 22 hours, but there are still tracker response errors for single torrents; status of some torrents changing from time to time between o.k. and error (20 personalized torrents downloaded; 19 for seeding, 1 for leaching): for example

Error: Tracker Response Error:info_hash error : torrent not registered with this tracker in Tracker: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/tracker/announce.php?passkey=5c755f0320865044106747d08c2103d6

but up- & download still continues, even if tracker response errors are reportet; no ratio changes for account since working with new torrents.

Please stop the old tracker to give us the chance to continue downloading with new torrents! Sorry for my bad American English.

All the best

U2Lynne
2006-05-25, 02:49 PM
Don't know to whom you addressed this, but I did indeed try it in the last hour (various ways) and tornado kept giving me error msg. Unfortunately I didn't record them; only recall bad tracker and/ or no such torrent. I have already switched to Azureus and removed BitTornado from the machine.
I also seem to have "lost" data as Az doesn't seem to recognize all the folders contents. (A side issue.)
Well, there are several people successfully using Bit Tornado right now. Perhaps you had an outdated version? People with bittorrent and bit tornado where getting the bad tracker message until this morning when I made some changes to the announce script.

As for losing data, what happens is your torrent client may have only completed a certain amount of a 'packet'. If you switch clients, it starts that packet over and that is why you don't have as much completed.

diggrd
2006-05-25, 03:03 PM
BitTornado 0.3.8 seems to be working without errors but,
I've got 5 completed torrents open with BitTornado 0.3.8 and although some have leechers I am not connecting yet. Seemed as though there was an initial flash of peer connections but none stuck.
heres one of them.
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21181

you can go to your member profile (click on your name in the users list) and hit the Delete Ghosts right next to where it allows you to add you to your buddy or ignore list.

Hope that helps! :wtf: :hmm:

shopkin
2006-05-25, 03:17 PM
sweet ! bit torrent is working again...
thanks alot for getting that one working.... :thumbsup

Rupert Picante
2006-05-25, 03:20 PM
Bit Tornado is working for me. Now I can send Azereus back to the land of wind and shadows.

Thanks for all the hard work and for putting up with the same question 400 times.

v8juice
2006-05-25, 03:23 PM
Well, hell, I just sat around & waited for a day, using Azureus 2.1.0.4 & had those common errors, torrent not whatever, passkey whatever... Woke up this morning & thought, why not log out? Been on remember me for a while. Re-downloaded the torrent files yet again & it works. Now I can get back to seeding those 2 Beatles dvd's & the Bad Company thing as soon as I'm done uploading some stuff to a newsgroup. They don't care about copyrights, heh. Anyway, I'm sure glad I finished off my downloads of these 3 dvd's before things changed, otherwise I would've been just one among the many going, what? Don't know if logging out & back in again will work for you or if it all got sorted out by the one & only U2Lynne but I'm happy & that's all that counts, eh? Sorry my share ratio is so shabby, I'll try & improve it in the days to come... Thanks for all your work, darling. I love you.

diggrd
2006-05-25, 04:07 PM
Just jumped on a new torrent with BitTornado and everything is working fine both upload and download. Don't know why those completed torrents won't connect?

mattman
2006-05-25, 04:10 PM
HI Lynne,

I just wanted you to know that I'm still experiencing seeding to peers via Azureus, but I am not seeing the downloaders on TTD peer list. Is that a glitch?

I have configured Azureus to disable DHT and I have restarted the torrent several times over the past couple of hours. TTD is showing my uploading data but its not showing that I am uploading the data to any connected downloaders.

lazy_hazy
2006-05-25, 04:16 PM

Your ghosts will get cleared after a while and the error will go away (I've meanwhile allowed 3 leechers with your id per torrent). However, if you want your ghosts to go away right now, you can go to your member profile (click on your name in the users list) and hit the Delete Ghosts right next to where it allows you to add you to your buddy or ignore list.

Hope that helps!

Thank you.....That worked great.
Did'nt know that option was available.
Those ghosts were there since yesterday.....my computer was off overnight....I figured they would be long gone by now.....so I was a little concerned

gsmyth79
2006-05-25, 04:25 PM
Well, hell, I just sat around & waited for a day, using Azureus 2.1.0.4 & had those common errors, torrent not whatever, passkey whatever... Woke up this morning & thought, why not log out? Been on remember me for a while. Re-downloaded the torrent files yet again & it works. Now I can get back to seeding those 2 Beatles dvd's & the Bad Company thing as soon as I'm done uploading some stuff to a newsgroup. They don't care about copyrights, heh. Anyway, I'm sure glad I finished off my downloads of these 3 dvd's before things changed, otherwise I would've been just one among the many going, what? Don't know if logging out & back in again will work for you or if it all got sorted out by the one & only U2Lynne but I'm happy & that's all that counts, eh? Sorry my share ratio is so shabby, I'll try & improve it in the days to come... Thanks for all your work, darling. I love you.
Dude update your Azureus. It's up to 2.4 now...

v8juice
2006-05-25, 04:43 PM
Dude update your Azureus. It's up to 2.4 now...

As if I didn't know, works fine for me, thanks.

Chachi420
2006-05-25, 05:33 PM
I'm using Azureus and it says 'invalid passkey' :hmm: I redownloaded the torrent file too

edit: I think I may have spoken too soon...let me exit azureus and restart it and I think that will help

Chachi420
2006-05-25, 05:58 PM
I'm using Azureus and it says 'invalid passkey' :hmm: I redownloaded the torrent file too

edit: I think I may have spoken too soon...let me exit azureus and restart it and I think that will help
update: things are now working just fine after the restart :afro:

Dink Winkerson
2006-05-25, 06:20 PM
Hello,

I just switched from Bit Torrent to Azureus, which at first I did not want to do :) but happy I did now. I've been downloading the Beatles Winter of Discontent Torrent since yesterday and the file size on my computer is 4 GB's and I'am up to about 97%, but on the Peers List on your site it says I only downloaded 9% or 162 MB's. Is this bad and is there anyway I can fix it to update properly with my current torrent? Attached is a print screen from earlier today to show you guys/girls what I mean. Thanks for any help.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f168/Cerasoli/Help.jpg

Thank you. :)

sudakan
2006-05-25, 06:29 PM
BITTORNADO:

""ERROR
rejected by tracker - Invalid passkey (0 - )""

¿what?

U2Lynne
2006-05-25, 06:43 PM
Did you delete your old torrent out of bittornado and then add the new one in, point it to the existing files, and then let it start up? We were having problems with bittornado yesterday, but haven't heard much about it today (and there are several people using it that are currently on the tracker). To make sure that you are using the torrent with the passkey, open it up in notepad and you should see the work passkey=xxxxx(tons of numbers/letters) right after announce.php in the first line of your torrent file.

testing12
2006-05-25, 06:53 PM
Lynne and staff,

Thanks for all the work on this....we know it's tons of details to wade through and trying to get them all to work. And thanks for keeping us posted and advised.

Five
2006-05-25, 07:42 PM
Hello,

I just switched from Bit Torrent to Azureus, which at first I did not want to do :) but happy I did now. I've been downloading the Beatles Winter of Discontent Torrent since yesterday and the file size on my computer is 4 GB's and I'am up to about 97%, but on the Peers List on your site it says I only downloaded 9% or 162 MB's. Is this bad and is there anyway I can fix it to update properly with my current torrent? Attached is a print screen from earlier today to show you guys/girls what I mean. Thanks for any help.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f168/Cerasoli/Help.jpg

Thank you. :)
it could be that your old client wasn't pre-allocating and azureus does. this means that the files become their full size before the download is complete, which is good for preventing fragmentation. the % in your client's window should be accurate, does that match the (aprox.) 9%?

you can also test the files using the .md5, if it fails you most likely haven't finished yet.

europhan
2006-05-25, 09:19 PM
[QUOTE=AAR.oner]

oh and everyone:

All whiners should be required to type the above statement 500 times.

Dink Winkerson
2006-05-25, 10:26 PM
Hey Five,

Thanks for the reply.

"the % in your client's window should be accurate, does that match the (aprox.) 9%?"

Yes, the client's window does match the 9 % listed in the Peers List. Azureus pre-allocates the files, ok I think I got the gist of how Azures works now. So I guess I'am all set nothing seems to be wrong then.

Thanks for the help! :wave:

Bootzilla
2006-05-26, 12:19 AM
I just re-opened a window on the Beach Boys Sacramento '64 shows to help out the four downloaders who got stranded. I am using Azureus 2.4.0.2. It seems to be working properly.

In my experience, Azureus is a resource hog that can brutalize older Win-Tel computers and Utorrent is buggy and crashes routers (it sure crashes mine). I hope folks will still be able to use stable low impact clients like BitTornado and Bittorrent on this site.

Five
2006-05-26, 12:24 AM
you're welcome

glad to hear its okay

Kurt Streuber
2006-05-26, 12:48 AM
Hey guys, I have a strange problem here. I am visually impaired, and I use a screen reading program that reads the text to me off the screen. I cannot tell what error I'm getting, but I just downloaded bittorrent, and can't open a single show without it giving me some kind of error message. Some will open, but not download, they'll just sit there. If you can help me I'd really appreciate it. In case you need it, my email is: [email protected]
Thanks, and sorry for being an ideot on this stuff.
Kurt

sticksrock
2006-05-26, 01:04 AM
Lynne you rock!!!!!!!

thanks- everything is working on mac bittorrent

antheraea
2006-05-26, 01:18 AM
Hi,

I'm using BitComet client; tracker response o.k. for 19 of 20 opened torrents (Miles Davis Part 4 = error response), but only 1 (= Scofield/Duke DVD) of 20 is listed in my profile information to be active on the new tracker. 683 MB were downloaded by me since tracker changing, 2,872 MB uploaded; both data were still no part of my share ratio. Client and PC were already restartet, torrents stopped and reloaded. What can I do, what will you do?

All the best :rolleyes:

ricochet
2006-05-26, 04:55 AM
It is only to say that g3torrent (http://g3torrent.sourceforge.net/) is working well now :thumbsup

antheraea
2006-05-26, 06:53 AM
Hi,

no more tracker response errors when using BitComet client; all active torrents are listed, but still almost the complete upload of 36 hours is missing in share ratio.

All the best http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21890&page=16&pp=15#
Smile http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21890&page=16&pp=15#
Rolleyes

Sid
2006-05-26, 08:38 AM
No trouble downloading with bittornado 0.3.7

have not attempted a upload yet

U2Lynne
2006-05-26, 09:53 AM
Hi,

no more tracker response errors when using BitComet client; all active torrents are listed, but still almost the complete upload of 36 hours is missing in share ratio.

All the best http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21890&page=16&pp=15#
Smile http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21890&page=16&pp=15#
Rolleyes
All stats from the time I took the site offline on Wednesday will be lost until you download a new torrent. Yes, I know the tracker kept working and downloading/uploading, but since you weren't using a passkey torrent, you were not on the new tracker and therefore you didn't get any stats updates.

If you do need those stats added to your ratio, you can hit the Contact Us link below, tell us exactly how much to add to your upload and download stats, and we will get to updating your stats when we have some time.

U2Lynne
2006-05-26, 09:55 AM
Hey guys, I have a strange problem here. I am visually impaired, and I use a screen reading program that reads the text to me off the screen. I cannot tell what error I'm getting, but I just downloaded bittorrent, and can't open a single show without it giving me some kind of error message. Some will open, but not download, they'll just sit there. If you can help me I'd really appreciate it. In case you need it, my email is: [email protected]
Kurt
I've sent you an email, Kurt. This reminds me that I should check on donovana too, who also uses a screen reading program.

Five
2006-05-26, 09:55 AM
In my experience, Azureus is a resource hog that can brutalize older Win-Tel computers and Utorrent is buggy and crashes routers (it sure crashes mine). I hope folks will still be able to use stable low impact clients like BitTornado and Bittorrent on this site.
older versions of utorrent had problems, but the newer versions are better fwiw

Kurt
is it possible for you to get some help with reading the error messages and/or a screenshot of your client display? it will really help us to know the error message if that is possible. it is understandable that your situation is a little different from most, we want to help you.

edit: just saw Lynne's post, hope we can get this worked out fast

diggrd
2006-05-26, 12:23 PM
Just wanted to thank all involved especially Lynne for making the smooth transition of this new passkey method a priority, I hope it can encourage fair sharing on everyone's part due to more accurate tracker stats. Perhaps incentives :thumbsup rather than penalties :nono: :down: can be implemented.
THANKS AGAIN :clap: :clap: :clap:

joemc
2006-05-26, 06:28 PM
thanks for fixing bit tornado probs.

joe

LeonJackson
2006-05-26, 10:43 PM
OK, I'm running Azureus 2.4.0.2. Started downloading a brand new torrent (GD 3.31.85) after the new tracker was launched. Disabled DHT. And ever since, Azureus has been telling me that I am firewalled. Also, I'm getting a dreadful d/l rate (around 22 kB/s). I've stopped and started the torrent. I've started and restarted Azureus. I've checked my ports. Everything seems fine, except that Azureus says I'm firewalled. The peer list says I'm not firewalled, and the grc.com port scanner says I'm not, either. So I'm confused. I've read all 15 pages of this thread and don't see anyone else having this problem. Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks :)

Jazzturtle
2006-05-26, 10:52 PM
Hey.. sorry i'm a bit computer illerate.. but here goes..

all my other torrent sites work.. i click the torrent link and the torrent pops up... asks what file to dl into and off we go...

now when i try to download anything on this site, i get a box that pops up asking me if i want to open the file.. or save the file.. almost like it's not registering my bit tornado..

I installed the new upadated bit tornado, thinking that was the problem... but things start dling on ezytree and bt.etree.. i don't understand why it doesn't work here...

Please help.. i'm bummed cuz I love this site..
thanks
esther

U2Lynne
2006-05-26, 10:55 PM
Um... Azureus never tells you if you are firewalled or not. It only tells you if you aren't connecting to any remote connections (firewalled peers) and that it might be because you are firewalled (if you are firewalled, you will never connect to another firewalled person). Unless you are saying you did the NAT check in Azureus? And in which case, you need to make sure you do that as soon as you launch Azureus and before you start any torrents at all.

There is nothing different in this tracker than the last that has to do with firewalling.

U2Lynne
2006-05-26, 10:59 PM
Hey.. sorry i'm a bit computer illerate.. but here goes..

all my other torrent sites work.. i click the torrent link and the torrent pops up... asks what file to dl into and off we go...

now when i try to download anything on this site, i get a box that pops up asking me if i want to open the file.. or save the file.. almost like it's not registering my bit tornado..

I installed the new upadated bit tornado, thinking that was the problem... but things start dling on ezytree and bt.etree.. i don't understand why it doesn't work here...

Please help.. i'm bummed cuz I love this site..
thanks
esther
Not sure we did anything differnt regarding downloading attachments, but you should *always* download your torrent files to your harddrive. You need to have easy access to them to be able to start them up to help people who need a seed. So, save them to a folder (I put mine a folder called 'Torrent Files') and then double-click to get them started.

Jazzturtle
2006-05-26, 11:03 PM
hmmm.. i download everything to my external hard drive into a 'downloads' folder...

i just don't understand why the torrents aren't connecting... it's only here.. i have one running from dimeadozen that i just started, and one from bt.etree that i just started.. and they connected fine..

i just can't seem to get a connection here.. it's frustrating.. i've never had this problem before

i restarted my computer, and downloaded an updated bit torrent.. then i started these two others at the other sites just to make sure that i could actually connect to something..

but then i came back here and still get the "save" or "open" box..

U2Lynne
2006-05-26, 11:30 PM
Then Save the torrent file to your drive. That's all the attachment is asking you to do. And then check if there are any seeds/leechers for the torrent you are trying to connect to (look in the thread Peers List). And, make sure you aren't firewalled, if you are, you won't connect to anyone else who is firewalled (those who are firewalled have their ports in red in the Peers List).

LeonJackson
2006-05-26, 11:43 PM
Um... Azureus never tells you if you are firewalled or not.

Silly me! What on earth was I thinking when I saw that red button appear at the bottom of my Azureus client with the word "firewalled" next to it?

Besides, after a mere one hour and seven minutes, it disappeared. Thanks anyhow.

screencap2.jpg

U2Lynne
2006-05-27, 12:08 AM
Silly me! What on earth was I thinking when I saw that red button appear at the bottom of my Azureus client with the word "firewalled" next to it?
I guess you PC users get more out of Azureus than us Mac users. I'm gonna write my complaints right now!

Sorry. :(

gsmyth79
2006-05-27, 12:12 AM
Az tells you you're firewalled on a Mac too. But it doesn't say anything if you're not....

U2Lynne
2006-05-27, 12:14 AM
Ahhh, thanks. I have just never seen it. :)

LeonJackson
2006-05-27, 12:14 AM
Hey, Lynne, you really are doing an awesome job with all of this stuff, and I'm totally appreciative for the time and effort you have taken not only to tweak all the code and fix all the bugs but also to answer a seemingly endless stream of stoopid questions. So, just so's you know: you rule :worship:

U2Lynne
2006-05-27, 12:19 AM
No problem. I really love reading this thread and hearing what others are seeing. I can't 'see' it all, so I count on you guys to tell me about it.

(I really didn't realize Azureus would tell me I'm firewalled. I only use it on my Mac and the first thing I ever do when I have to redo stuff on my Mac is install Azureus and make sure my ports are forwarded in my router. So, I'm firewall ignorant on my Mac!)

mattman
2006-05-27, 08:19 AM
OK, I'm running Azureus 2.4.0.2. Started downloading a brand new torrent (GD 3.31.85) after the new tracker was launched. Disabled DHT. And ever since, Azureus has been telling me that I am firewalled. Also, I'm getting a dreadful d/l rate (around 22 kB/s). I've stopped and started the torrent. I've started and restarted Azureus. I've checked my ports. Everything seems fine, except that Azureus says I'm firewalled. The peer list says I'm not firewalled, and the grc.com port scanner says I'm not, either. So I'm confused. I've read all 15 pages of this thread and don't see anyone else having this problem. Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks :)

That's not so bad considering that there are only 2 seeders, each pumping out low upload stream. At least folks are still seeding!

kerryechols
2006-05-27, 10:13 AM
I have no problems with the passkey concept, since that's what Dimeadozen.org uses, but I downloaded a torrent this morning, after signing in, and upon loading it into Azureus 2.4.0.2, under tracker status it says "network not enabled." I've never seen that message before. The torrent refuses to connect to the tracker, needless to say.

Any ideas?

Kerry

kerryechols
2006-05-27, 10:38 AM
I have no problems with the passkey concept, since that's what Dimeadozen.org uses, but I downloaded a torrent this morning, after signing in, and upon loading it into Azureus 2.4.0.2, under tracker status it says "network not enabled." I've never seen that message before. The torrent refuses to connect to the tracker, needless to say.

Any ideas?

Kerry

After force starting, then stopping, the tracker status says "Scrape Error: Hash mark missing from reply."

Kerry

U2Lynne
2006-05-27, 10:54 AM
After force starting, then stopping, the tracker status says "Scrape Error: Hash mark missing from reply."

Kerry
I've been playing with the scrape script and when I goof, you get that error. Unfortunately, the torrents only 'scrape' about every 30 minutes, so that error will stay in the window for the next 30 minutes until it gets around to scraping again.