PDA

View Full Version : firewalled at TTD - but not at Dime

Silver Stallion DVDs
2006-05-09, 09:48 AM
I'm showing up as firewalled here at TTD - but not at Dime - and both sites show I'm using the same port.

Of course, I have my ports forwarded. I have gone months and months without showing up as being firewalled here.

Weird...

Randy

gsmyth79
2006-05-09, 10:15 AM
Try running this test:
http://btfaq.com/natcheck.pl

U2Lynne
2006-05-09, 10:21 AM
I've had other people say that too. I've looked at DIME's announce code where they check to see if you are connectable or not and it's basically the same as ours (our timeout in checking the connection is 5 seconds, theirs is 2). I wouldn't think this would make a big difference. I can try changing ours to 2 for a while and see what happens.

Do you pass when you do a natcheck for torrents from both sites? http://btfaq.com/natcheck.pl

U2Lynne
2006-05-09, 10:39 AM
Actually, I just looked again. DIME has a default of 2 seconds, but when they make the call it looks like they give 10 seconds.

Randy, do you always show up as firewalled here or just sometimes?

STLBlues
2006-05-09, 10:57 AM
Randy, I had the EXACT same problem happen to me a couple/few months back. One Saturday morning I woke up, and TTD said I was firewalled, even though I had never been. No other sites ever showed me as firewalled. Then just last week, I stopped being firewalled on TTD. I think I figured out what happened (at least in my case). My Norton anti-virus 2005 had expired back when I first became firewalled on TTD (it wasn't the same day though, but close). While exploring all possible options, I knew that when my Norton expired, Windows firewall was turned back on. (When Norton is installed, it recommends turning Windows Firewall OFF, so it was). So I turned it off, and still nothing, I was still being firewalled here. Portwarding...yada....yada. Nothing seemed to work. Just last week, I renewed my Norton subscription. After I did, I'm not firewalled here on TTD anymore. When installing it, it once again asked me to turn off my Windows firewall, which was already off, but I clicked 'yes' anyway. It was very strange. My computer knows something I don't. That's my experience Randy. Hope it provides you w/ some ideas maybe. Good luck. BTW, my upload/download speeds never changed the whole time I was firewalled on TTD. Not one kb/s.

Silver Stallion DVDs
2006-05-10, 10:12 PM
Hmm... just as mysteriously as it appeared out of no where a few weeks ago - it disappeared last night.

Go figure?

Thanks for all the responses just the same!

Randy

c-bn
2006-05-11, 06:14 PM
the same "problem" has happen'd to me, jus' now and in the recent past as well. Restart and grab a diffrnt port works for me. I tried limiting port range last time. :hmm: