PDA

View Full Version : dual layer menu problems??

chewie420
2006-04-07, 05:43 PM
i've burned 2 discs with my dual layer burner, and the menu won't work on either. the menu music plays, and the show plays fine if i stop and start it again, but the menu itself isn't there. i burned them in nero the same way i burn all my discs with no problems. anyone else had this problem?

jayroch
2006-04-08, 01:46 PM
My standalone dvd player does wierd things with dl discs burned with nero. What's happening might just be an issue with your player. I burn my dl discs with slysofts clone dvd and they play fine in my player. I have yet to put to much effort into figuring out what is causing the compatability issue but the way I do it works for me. I guess what I'm saying is try burring discs with different apps and see what happens and see if the discs you burned with nero play in other players. You could also go to videohelp.com and see what they say about your player. Hope this helps.

chewie420
2006-04-08, 07:24 PM
i tried playing it in different players and have the same issue, but if i play it in my computer it works fine. i don't have problems with dvd5's, only the dl's. i'll try a different app 2nite...

chewie420
2006-04-09, 10:23 AM
i tried 2 other apps, and got non-playable discs from both. i know i can get results from nero, but i need to figure out the menu issue. anyone???

AAR.oner
2006-04-09, 11:25 AM
what disc type are you choosing when you open Nero? DVD-VIDEO, DVD-ROM (ISO), etc....?

chewie420
2006-04-09, 12:39 PM
i've tried it in nero express and nero burning rom, and i choose dvd-video on each. i just tried one in rom, dvd-video, exactly to the guide at video help.com, and i got the same exact results. i was thinking og trying the udf/iso mode, but i want to be sure, these dl's ain't cheap...