PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh 76 - poor audience recording

Budokan_1982
2006-02-24, 05:32 AM
Hi,
I finnaly got longer version Queen recording from Edinburgh. It's realy hard to find this. Sound isn't good. Recordings looks like from a tape because speed is to fast. But between songs there are clicks. So I check this.
This analyze for this recording looks for me like nightmar :mad: . I have a two versions from this concert - one more complete (what I mentioned above) but both on frequency analyze looks almost the same I mean like from lossy source. Will be better to get a cassete copy of that but here is a question - where !

So can someone help me to recognize this. :wtf: Below shots from this "bit longer version":

frequency (img50.imageshack.us/my.php?image=frequency2td.jpg)
spectral view (img510.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spectralview3mc.jpg)

Short sample:
sample (s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3MWU5413502RM18UKJE2M52YI5)

LocalHero
2006-02-25, 10:10 AM
Lossy.

And there is something screwed up with the low end, as it is very boomy.

LocalHero
2006-02-25, 10:21 AM
Second thought: not so sure about this one, but I have a strong feeling that it is lossy, based upon the spectral view. If it isn't lossy, then some sort of processing technique was definitely used.

Five
2006-02-25, 06:30 PM
Certainly looks lossy to me. You can see it a little better in b&w. This one is tricky to read since the frequency response is so poor. You can see a steep cutoff at about 15500kHz & some lossy artifacts appearing like little stacks of blocks on that line.

Budokan_1982
2006-02-27, 12:54 AM
Thanks guys. And what a shame... :(