PDA

View Full Version : Firewwalled???

WIGGLEPUPPY
2006-02-17, 12:26 AM
Hey all,

I have read about how to open ports and have done this on my router.
On Dimeadozen, I am not firewalled. However, on TTD I am. There have
been sometimes here that I would check back on a DL and magically I would
not be firewalled. Lately though, I continue to be firewalled. However, I still remain to be NOT firewalled on Dimeadozen. Any Ideas what's wrong???
Thanks in advance,

-WP

diggrd
2006-02-17, 05:48 AM
How are you determining whether you are firewalled? Is it by the client you are using or the port numbers being RED below your username in the peer list?

slimeruky
2006-02-17, 07:26 AM
Interestingly enough, the exact opposite is true for me. At Dime, the peers list always claims I'm firewalled, but I am not on this tracker or on any others.

TheMamba
2006-02-17, 08:22 AM
What BT clients are you guys using? Are your lights showing up red or yellow in your client?

U2Lynne
2006-02-17, 09:38 AM
Before these latest revisions in Azureus (from about six months or so ago), I was always having problems at DIME also. No other sites though. I do wonder if sometimes it is a client thing.

Another thing, in Azureus, you can say you only want it to use one port to access all torrents. If you don't have that checked, then it will access every torrent with a different port. And, if you don't have enough ports forwarded, then some of those torrents will come up firewalled.

slimeruky
2006-02-17, 07:15 PM
What BT clients are you guys using? Are your lights showing up red or yellow in your client?

I use utorrent and am always pumping right along, up and down. I only use one port too.