PDA

View Full Version : PROBLEM with other TRADERS discs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

TraderED
2006-02-08, 11:48 AM
anyone come across this before??

i got a few discs today in the mail and when i try to put them on to my HD to burn i keep getting the same error message...

Says cannot copy all the files... with the same error message.....on all 13 discs...like there is a lock on them or something..Is there any particular questions I should as the sender that can ratify this situation???

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPp
ED

TheMamba
2006-02-08, 11:51 AM
Can it copy any of the files? My first thought is that there may be some hidden files that it doesn't want to copy for some reason.

Have you tried verifying the checksums?

TraderED
2006-02-08, 11:56 AM
Yeha it will copy some of the files...

And all discs work fine in a dvd player..

I use a MAc running osx..

And i keep getting the same error no matter where i try to copy it on my HD....
on all his discs..

how does one go about verifing the checksomes????

Thanks for your help mambabrah.

AAR.oner
2006-02-08, 12:10 PM
the checksums are either .md5 or .st5 or .ffp files

open xACT and click on the "checksum" tab
clck "add"...select the checksum file from the disc and press okay
then click "checksum" button...xACT will then verify the files and tell you if they passed or failed

also, check to see what the permissions are set on...that *could* be part of the problem

TraderED
2006-02-08, 12:47 PM
the checksums are either .md5 or .st5 or .ffp files

open xACT and click on the "checksum" tab
clck "add"...select the checksum file from the disc and press okay
then click "checksum" button...xACT will then verify the files and tell you if they passed or failed

also, check to see what the permissions are set on...that *could* be part of the problem

how do i do this with a mac??

AAR.oner
2006-02-08, 01:00 PM
to check permissions, highlight the disc and press OpenApple+I
look for Ownership&Permissions and make sure its not locked or anything

to run the checksums, you need to download xACT [which you should have for trading anyway--excellent all-in-one GUI specifically for lossless trading]... http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/21952

TraderED
2006-02-08, 01:02 PM
Thanks a ton for your kind help broseph..

I'll let you know how it turns out..

TraderED
2006-02-08, 01:08 PM
it says that i can only read..

Bingo.....
so where do i go from there? i am assuming no where cause i can only read not copy??

ED

TraderED
2006-02-08, 02:42 PM
I thought a check sums only worked for audio files?

TheMamba
2006-02-08, 03:09 PM
I thought a check sums only worked for audio files?

Check sum works for ANY file type - audio, video, programs, documents, spread sheets, pictures, etc. etc.

TraderED
2006-02-08, 03:19 PM
so i have xact and all but what do i do?

i took the Video TS folder >add>they end up where i put them..

so i suppose they check out allright.

TraderED
2006-02-08, 03:27 PM
well i giving up for today...
thanks all who tried to help me..

I assure you all that this thread will be up tomorrow.

gsmyth79
2006-02-08, 03:58 PM
they need to supply you with the md5 for the files. were they on the disc you received? making them yourself isn't going to get you anywhere.

i would ask them what program they used to burn and whether they burned as a video or data disc. not sure if that will help too much but if they used a crappy program (with weird settings) that might be the problem right there.

so you're just trying to drag the video_ts onto your hd right? that shouldn't be a problem if the files are read only.

TraderED
2006-02-09, 10:31 AM
all the discs say is video ts and audio ts.

i see no md5.

thisistoto
2006-02-09, 10:38 AM
so you are having trouble pulling the info on the discs to your hd?

If you can play them fine in a stand alone player but cant get them to copy, one problem that occurs (and has happened to me) is that sometimes people dont close the disc when they burn, they leave it as an open session.

TraderED
2006-02-09, 11:04 AM
Yhea, thisistoto

I am trying to put it on but keep getting the same errors on all 14 discs.....
Any suggestions in what i should ask the sender????
....I was playing some of it and the same error occured....

thisistoto
2006-02-09, 11:09 AM
If you are getting errors both ways, I would get the discs resent. I hate doing it, but sometimes its only fair to you.

Have you tried a program called mactheripper? Try that, and if it still gives you errors, then get the discs resent.

TraderED
2006-02-09, 11:27 AM
YHEA thisistoto..

I tried to rip it with mac the ripper...demacroversion i tried all the different settings same error @ the same # 512 blocks....i try to extract the full version, main feature..

Any ripper suggetsions brah?

When i open the disc there is only audio and video settings. no md5 nothing...

I should ask this dude what programs he used to burn?
If he left the dvd open or closed?

Anything else?

thisistoto
2006-02-09, 11:39 AM
Most traders with video DVD's dont include MD5s or text unless you ask them. If you can play it in a standalone, at least for some parts, then its burnt as video.

It doenst look like you will be able to rip the discs. If the disc is open then you really wont be able to close it.

Thats a bummer all the discs are like that.

TraderED
2006-02-09, 11:47 AM
Wicked shitty....

This is the second time That i got a trade on pT and something bunk happened..

I think i am going to chill on trading with pt queers...Man o man..

So i should ask him if he burns his disc open??
I mean What should i say to the dude?

me=trading dvds for not so long...

AAR.oner
2006-02-09, 11:57 AM
i would tell him yer gettin errors on all the discs and ask what prog he burns with & what "type" of disc he burnt as [i.e. DVD-Video disc or data disc format]

honestly, i'd probly request new discs cuz gettin a bunch of shows with errors ain't cool...ofcourse, thats why i always ask for DVD shows to be sent in data disc format with checksums and info texts/lineage ;)

TraderED
2006-02-09, 12:00 PM
i would tell him yer gettin errors on all the discs and ask what prog he burns with & what "type" of disc he burnt as [i.e. DVD-Video disc or data disc format]

honestly, i'd probly request new discs cuz gettin a bunch of shows with errors ain't cool...ofcourse, thats why i always ask for DVD shows to be sent in data disc format with checksums and info texts/lineage ;)

Mabey i should do that^^^^^^^^...

DVD trading is such a pain in the ass sometimes.....

TraderED
2006-02-09, 12:23 PM
is it hard to burn a data disc?

Five
2006-02-09, 01:44 PM
nah, its dead simple. its just a "normal" disc (i.e. not especially for DVD/Audio CD players).

make sure you tell the guy specifically what probs you are having so he can test the discs for the same prob on his end.